AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

User tracking

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 2, 2023
Hi

I use xhamsterlive, which is just the same as stripchat (just branded differently, same company as stripchat)

Something happened today that freaked me out a little. A model told me who i was tipping yesterday and she got it bang on even though the models didnt know each other.

How do models know who I am tipping, as that makes me feel a little uncomfortable knowing the models can see who im tipping outside of their own room. Do they have a tool to see who is tipping who or who are the biggest tippers? If they can see this, makes me wonder if I am on some kind of model token hitlist

I dont recall in the T&Cs that being thing the users agreed to

Mike

Last edited:
It’s very possible she was just looking at other models’ broadcasts and happened to find you there by chance. It has happened to me on occasion.

In one case, the model’s room I was in was ranked on the same page as the model that found me, and she had a habit of looking in rooms ranked similarly to hers while she worked.

Reactions: Vixxen81 and Maxi
Upvote 0
How do models know who I am tipping, as that makes me feel a little uncomfortable knowing the models can see who im tipping outside of their own room. Do they have a tool to see who is tipping who or who are the biggest tippers? If they can see this, makes me wonder if I am on some kind of model token hitlist
I am pretty sure that they do not know. Most likely it will be as @Smoothie said below. Just dumb luck / chance.

It’s very possible she was just looking at other models’ broadcasts and happened to find you there by chance. It has happened to me on occasion.

Upvote 0
Hey @Mike_xx169

I can reassure you that this is not something that would ever be shared by the site.
As @Smoothie and @Ozzie_ mentioned, models do tend to watch other models' streams therefore, in cases like this, this is the most likely scenario.

You may want to look into our Ultimate subscription as it has great benefits.
There are many features included, but the 2 that I believe would be useful to you in this case are:

1. Invisible mode - Models don't see your name in the list of viewers.
  2. Send anonymous tips - Ultimate members can tip models without revealing their identity by using a special switch to tip anonymously.

Reactions: NotYou and Ozzie_
Upvote 0
Hi

I use xhamsterlive, which is just the same as stripchat (just branded differently, same company as stripchat)

Something happened today that freaked me out a little. A model told me who i was tipping yesterday and she got it bang on even though the models didnt know each other.

I dont recall in the T&Cs that being thing the users agreed to

Mike
It would never occur to me to write to a client that I know where he tipped which model. The model is probably bored and no one is giving her tips.

Upvote 0

In one case, the model’s room I was in was ranked on the same page as the model that found me, and she had a habit of looking in rooms ranked similarly to hers while she worked.
It's happened to me as well before I had my ultimate membership

Upvote 0
Thanks for the reassurance.

I'm already an ultimate member L91 and stay invisible (until you tip), but maybe i should start doing anonymous tipping. Thanks again for the replies everyone !

Reactions: Charlie_SC
Upvote 0
Hello,
Tipping in rooms is not anonymous by default, there are automated ways to collect where people tip. See the website "statbate" for a good example of how tips are collected and stored by third parties.
I can even imagine how a particular studio (or independent streamer) could build around this kind of tools to do do exactly what happened to you.

Upvote 0
If the model wants to Google your user name it often will bring up rooms where you are either a knight (search picking up the name on the model's profile) or recent/current king of the room (scraping from the room page). Once they know that info they can lurk on those pages and watch for you if they are that paranoid (I had an experience with a very jealous model who used to do this to me)

Reactions: Smoothie and Maxi
Upvote 0
Thanks for the reassurance.

I'm already an ultimate member L91 and stay invisible (until you tip), but maybe i should start doing anonymous tipping. Thanks again for the replies everyone !

Yeah, it’s happened to me before as well. Don’t worry too much about it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Heh, I've had a tipper call me out for tipping in another model's room. It was stupidly uncomfortable and I despise seeing his name now. I was asking her two technical questions and tipping for her time. He comes in full blast "oh I saw you tipping in so and so's room", you two should do a show together. Like, stay in your lane, bro. Anyway, just wanted to share that cause I'm bored out of my mind and it seems this issue is resolved. :)

Upvote 0
Heh, I've had a tipper call me out for tipping in another model's room. It was stupidly uncomfortable and I despise seeing his name now.

Things like this are a reminder that some members (and I guess models too) pay really, really close attention to who is tipping what, and where. It’s strange.

Upvote 0
Heh, I've had a tipper call me out for tipping in another model's room. It was stupidly uncomfortable and I despise seeing his name now. I was asking her two technical questions and tipping for her time. He comes in full blast "oh I saw you tipping in so and so's room", you two should do a show together. Like, stay in your lane, bro. Anyway, just wanted to share that cause I'm bored out of my mind and it seems this issue is resolved. :)

THIS is one of the reasons I’ve preferred to keep model accounts blocked from my room on another site. Members say things to make it uncomfortable. “YoU tWo ShOuLd Do A sHoW tOgEtHeR.” No, dude…you should tip and hush. 😂 Or commenting about which model is their favorite. I don’t like it - in general- when guys try to put women against each other.

Reactions: Ozzie_
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.