AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Using VPN to stream?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 1, 2019
Hello everyone,

In my past I have cammed in an other site and one of my viewers was aparently a hacker. He found out my IP and email somehow, and then with my email even my facebook (didn't put them anywhere) and threatened me to reveal my camming. I didn't do Skype or even promote any social medias so how did he get the IP? I was only on the cam site. I just ignored them and closed my account but in that week I was so scared he would reveal. Well he did not and has not for months.

Anyways, so now I'm very scared that this might happen again but I really enjoy camming, so I'm thinking to sign up for Chaturbate. But is it ok to use VPN to broadcast just to be on the safe side? I do frequent c2c and am afraid someone might hack me again.

Please if anyone knows this information let me know.

I'm super paranoid and have attempted to do that, but the VPN murders my upload speed. Everything but broadcasting has worked fine, but prepare yourself for 2 step verification!

Upvote 0
If you’re this uncomfortable about being found out I would take a moment and think about it. There are millions of ways models get “found out”. If your scared it may not be the job for you

Upvote 0
I don't see how he could have gotten your info without hacking the site itself, but who knows how he got that info, for all you know it could be someone who recognized you irl. I don't think a VPN is worth it with how much your speeds will be affected.

I'm not sure about the IP. But, it could be due to facial recognition software that went down the route of personal info. Or, perhaps she ran a bot or other software unknowingly that put a trojan virus on her computer. I know a few models who have had this happen to them, accounts hacked, etc. threatened/blackmailed similarly. The commonality was their computer was hacked and info was stolen. One model explained to me that her whole family (siblings, parents, grandparents, etc) knows she's a cam model so she told the guy it wouldn't matter because everyone already knows what she does so he wouldn't get a dime from her.

Upvote 0
I've been camming with a VPN for 6+ years now. I think it's a must have on all devices for basic privacy protection. If you use a server close to you, then your speeds won't be affected significantly.
Try multiple VPNs to see what works best with your speeds. I personally found ExpressVPN is good to use on MFC even if I cam from Europe and want to have an american IP.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.