AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Wage slavery

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll leave all the existential bullshit on the table for others to debate, and I'll just say this: Freedom is hard fucking work. It's fucking commitment. More than that, after a life spent living it, I'm not totally convinced anymore that it's worth enduring the pain and deprivation that comes along with it. What the fuck good is dying free, cold and alone?

On the bright side, should I ever bumble my way into a real income at some point, I'll make a wonderful miser.

Great post, Zippy. Living in Berkeley, the hippie and counterculture mecca, and then retiring to Hawaii, the place hippie comes when they get cold. I've met a lot of folks who spout off the same existential BS that @Cal_blue e spouts off.

Pretty much all the talkers, don't actually live the lifestyle they talk. They may not get big houses, and fancy cars, but big screen TVs, nice clothes, and fancy bongs you bet. They replace being a "wage slave", with begging family/friends and strangers for money and when that stops working selling dope.I've met exactly two people that really lived off the grid in "freedom". A grumpy hermit that lived deep in the Australian outback 500 KM from the nearest paved road, and 20 something Tahitian man (Nature Boy) who lived on one of the least populated islands. Nature Boy would have kicked ass on Survivor, and he seemed pretty happy.

Lol you are fucking insane.

Insanity is 5 days on,2 days off till you die,thinking your life will ever change or improve. I'm not remotely insane.
I'm able to look at things at more than 2 angles. You call yourself liberal or independent and yet you can't grasp actual. Liberal or independent thought when confronted by it.
How is it so difficult to grasp that a dollar bill is only worth something because you believe it is? It has no more value than blank notebook paper but you choose to comply with the concept it has value.
You base your life on this paper. ...now, who's insane?

Last edited:
You keep saying we as individuals think it's worth something. No, society said so, and thus it became so, and thus it is recognized as so, and thus you were able to order alcohol with paper last night. Congrats.

Insanity is 5 days on,2 days off till you die,thinking your life will ever change or improve. I'm not remotely insane.
I'm able to look at things at more than 2 angles. You call yourself liberal or independent and yet you can't grasp actual. Liberal or independent thought when confronted by it.
How is it so difficult to grasp that a follow bill is only worth something because you believe it is? It has no more value than blank notebook paper but you choose to comply with the concept it has value.

I hardly every use paper money anymore. I base my life on a bunch of 1 and 0 living in the cloud. You are also just a bunch of electrons stored in various locations throughout the globe. Right now, I'm having a difficult time determining if you are Alpha release of an Argue Bot, or an actual human being who is just trolling us.

How is it so difficult to grasp that a dollar bill is only worth something because you believe it is? It has no more value than blank notebook paper but you choose to comply with the concept it has value.

I said 5 words, you rambled off a paragraph. You are insane.

Great post, Zippy. Living in Berkeley, the hippie and counterculture mecca, and then retiring to Hawaii, the place hippie comes when they get cold. I've met a lot of folks who spout off the same existential BS that @Cal_blue e spouts off.

Pretty much all the talkers, don't actually live the lifestyle they talk. They may not get big houses, and fancy cars, but big screen TVs, nice clothes, and fancy bongs you bet. They replace being a "wage slave", with begging family/friends and strangers for money and when that stops working selling dope.I've met exactly two people that really lived off the grid in "freedom". A grumpy hermit that lived deep in the Australian outback 500 KM from the nearest paved road, and 20 something Tahitian man (Nature Boy) who lived on one of the least populated islands. Nature Boy would have kicked ass on Survivor, and he seemed pretty happy.

That's the thing, though. I think the only way to really avoid being part of the system is to become an extremist. I'm not willing to do that, myself. I appreciate certain comforts, and as I get older, I wouldn't mind having even more. If that makes me some kind of poser or parasitic hippie type, I guess that's fine. It's enough for me that the life I've lived has meant that I don't work mindlessly in order to spend mindlessly. I may buy occasional luxuries -- I even sometimes treat myself to the greatest symbols of trash capitalism, a Big Mac and Coke, and some rented entertainment -- but even the small purchases are practical and philosophical decisions that I mull over. If I'm honest, it would be nice to be able to just buy shit without worrying about it.

In that regard -- the fact that I have conditioned myself to always think of the personal consequences of decisions most people make automatically -- I think I understand the frustration that leads to extremism. It's that response to being constantly blocked from achieving one's personal ideals, and for no good reason. One thing that I do wish for is for it to be easier for people to actually reject social machinations and exist on their own terms, either in whole or in part, if they so choose. I don't think it's unfair for me to be bothered that I have to work so hard to keep others -- those who I do not know and will never meet -- from imposing their wills upon me. I don't think it's unfair for me to be bothered by the need to remain diligent in avoiding being distracted into complacency. It's a give and take, and I find that the system is designed to take far more than I'm willing to give. My solution has generally been avoidance and non-participation, but it's a line I find is harder and harder to straddle.

give it a listen when you can. Its only 10 minutes. About a guy who traveled and then re-entered the work force

for the economy to be healthy,America has to remain unhealthy,

give it a listen when you can. Its only 10 minutes. About a guy who traveled and then re-entered the work force

for the economy to be healthy,America has to remain unhealthy,

Yes, the 4 hour workday is ideal.

Yes, materialism is bad.

None of that has to do with your continual assertion that money is meaningless.

Yes, the 4 hour workday is ideal.

Yes, materialism is bad.

None of that has to do with your continual assertion that money is meaningless.

youre 22. You have no idea whats being talked about here. You arent critical enough to grasp the concept.
Your comprehension is poor. That video does relate. You didnt actually listen to it.
lol the video does in fact talk about the questionable validity of money.

dont get me wrong. I envy you. I wish I was 22 again but you have no concept of what this is about and arent even actually
thinking about it. you're Just looking for jokes to make towards me like a child on a playground.

• Wat?!
Reactions: justjoinedtopost
In the other thread you mentioned you were 51 and you suffered from some disease. Seems like you're really unhappy and bitter with your life. Instead to seek happiness, you find comfort in blaming the world and being cynical about how it works.

Attacking people and rambling on a camming forum about how the world is failure and doomed to failure isn't enlightening any of us or depreciating the fact we can still find enjoyment from the short time we have on this planet.

The system isn't the problem. It's your perspective. And I think at this point in your life, it's easier to just be self-destructive and negative than to actually work on finding happiness.

I used to be like you. Nobody can say or do anything to snap you out of it. You will do it on your own after a long road of misery, if you ever do.

Reactions: EspiKvlt
No, I skimmed it, which is literally how I survived college and avoided wasting my time. Which is kinda your goal, isn't it? To not waste your life on pointless drivel?

So you are admitting college is meaningless and worthless. You are trying to knock me while at the same time proving me right.

• Wat?!
Reactions: Gen and ExcellaExe
You're a slave to wages now, yep. Before, you were a slave to potatoes and grain, and to your cows, and to the tinder you need to keep warm in winter. Or, even better, an actual slave to the rich and powerful of your time. Quality of life has never been this high in modern countries, stop crying for some crappy past with a life expectancy barely reaching 30yo.

In the other thread you mentioned you were 51 and you suffered from some disease. Seems like you're really unhappy and bitter with your life. Instead to seek happiness, you find comfort in blaming the world and being cynical about how it works.

Attacking people and rambling on a camming forum about how the world is failure and doomed to failure isn't enlightening any of us or depreciating the fact we can still find enjoyment from the short time we have on this planet.

The system isn't the problem. It's your perspective. And I think at this point in your life, it's easier to just be self-destructive and negative than to actually work on finding happiness.

I used to be like you. Nobody can say or do anything to snap you out of it. You will do it on your own after a long road of misery, if you ever do.

You continue to try to make things personal which is irrelevant to the topic.
I never said anything about a disease.
Lol at its my perspective and not the system. As long as you agree to be taxed and billed, you are in fact a debt slave.
You don't know anything about actual mental or physical freedom.

Lol at its my perspective and not the system. As long as you agree to be taxed and billed, you are in fact a debt slave.

It's either that or going to prison and having my money seized.

One of these things is worse than the other!

Reactions: ExcellaExe
I'm actually pretty financially independent. Which allows me to do things which bring me enjoyment, like traveling. You know, exploring the world. Seeing other cultures. Partaking in humanity.

Get off ACF. Try it some time.

I'm actually pretty financially independent. Which allows me to do things which bring me enjoyment, like traveling. You know, exploring the world. Seeing other cultures. Partaking in humanity.

Get off ACF. Try it some time.
He can't, has to work.

Very confusing thread...

I feel @Cal_blue is getting mixed up with a few different things.

Sociologically speaking we are and always have been controlled by our society regardless of money. This is one of the things which makes us a successful race, that we survive together and learn from one another. It's actually really interesting thinking about how much of our individual personalities are due to our culture or our nature. Desiring to live completely outside society means you lack the basic instincts which have led to our society surviving so well. It's actually a really strange desire, humans need contact with other humans. Without it can result in mental illness. It's similar with other pack/herd animals. For example you're not supposed to keep horses alone where they can't see other horses because it makes them miserable. The norms of what's acceptable in society can be changed, and some people are less influenced. But you just can't get around being part of the hive and in some way being controlled.

Money is how we trade, it is very useful for this as it means we can trade for all different things. As a camgirl I could get paid in gift vouchers for a specific store, but money allows me to trade with lots of other places rather than one. In a very small village/society you could handle living with no money as you could easily trade with different people to get what you want. In larger societies this just doesn't work.

Now what I think Cal is getting at (I could be wrong)... is consumerism and people hoarding large amounts of money and then exerting power over others. I agree, if we had a situation where all electricity disappeared and we were all living for survival that money would no longer exist as it's mostly digital, nor would it hold any value in comparison to essentials. For very wealthy people, much of their money they'll never actually spend, and there is just no need for it.

150 years ago I know in the UK there were not more opportunities, absolutely the opposite. I don't know about the USA, but I will agree that in the UK it has become much harder to own a property in recent years. There are many opportunities but with that there are also more people reaching for them which can make it harder. If I wanted to go and live off the land right now (which I have looked into) it would be pretty difficult for me to do. I would need a decent financial start up, while if you went back say a few thousand years perhaps I could have found my own plot of land and had a go at growing my own food. Then again, lots of people died of starvation back then so I'm not sure how well I'd fare without the back up of a supermarket.

You could say we're wage slaves being forced to work, but whatever you do, you're going to have to work. If you grow your own produce then that's hard work. You'll need to grow extra or do something else as a trade for things you need to survive but cannot grow. All of this is hard work, much of it more backbreaking than a job. And at least in current society we can choose what job we want to do. For example I don't want to be a farmer, nor do I want to bother with farming my own food. I have that luxury that I have the time to pursue other careers because I don't need to farm my own food. I don't even need to cook for myself!

I do like the idea of a communal society, but this is very difficult in larger societies without heavy policing. The !Kung San are an interesting culture to look at in terms of living a truly communist society. One which sadly is being destroyed by western influences. They don't have a leader as such, they do to a point but they don't have any more power and women were as respected as the men. There are all sorts of customs about not taking glory when you win a hunt (you tell everyone it was someone else who got the kill) and everyone gets an equal share of food. They also have open huts which meant domestic violence was not a problem. Since western influences this has changed, for example putting doors on huts meaning domestic violence rose, and various stuff about owning stuff which caused issues, which does show some level of toxicity in western society.

I do agree that there are problems with current society, though I feel people are also becoming more aware of this. The problem is, where do you want freedom to end and dictatorship to start? Money is useful, wealth and consumerism is not, I will agree with that. But we have the freedom to become wealthy, and we have the freedom to consume. You could put a stopper on wealth and say once it gets past a certain point it needs to be given away. This is control though, and people like the idea that they could get wealthy and have a life of comfort and luxury. You could also tell people they're only allowed to buy essentials, but you then remove people's freedom to do what they wish with their money.
I think the only thing that you could control without controlling people is advertising and media influences. Media is edited to sell, so you could call that a type of brainwashing. It is why junk food adverts are controlled around meal times and you don't get smoking adverts.

I guess what it comes down to is choice and free will. If I were a working woman in this country 100 years ago I would be working double what I'd work now and would not be able to afford luxuries, and definitely not spend time on the computer. In modern day I have a few options with free time, I either go for a walk, stay at home entertaining myself or watching tv/on a computer or I spend money on activities. If I choose to spend money then I will never save up, but life will be a bit more fun! If I do the free stuff I can save for something exciting later on! The great thing about money is it doesn't rot away and I can always sell it for what I want to buy. We have this choice of whether we want to consume, it's a luxury that people do not need. But we have the choice.

In current society it would be very difficult to live without money, I have looked into it and in my country it is currently impossible. There is a man who does this and lives off very little, but he still does need some. And that is scary, but then again, we also have access to so much more than people did in other ages. I can save up money for a few months working a minimum wage job and go travelling around the world, with a currency that I can bring with me so I'm not asking people to give me stuff for free!

Anyways, silly thread. I've heard people having these rants before, it's often followed by how you can get food out of super market bins... As though the food came out of thin air! And many of the people I meet who talk about this stuff claim benefits. Benefits which wouldn't exist if others didn't work and pay taxes.
It's a lovely fantasy that everyone could be given the same no matter what work they put in and without putting value on each job. But there will always be those who'll want more recognition, more ownership etc. Due to this it remains a fantasy.

Your entire life has been reduced to an economy where/ that people need to keep purchasing things or life as you enjoy it or think you enjoy it is basically over.
. . .
Insanity is 5 days on,2 days off till you die,thinking your life will ever change or improve. . . .
I'm able to look at things at more than 2 angles.
. . .

I love how you know so much about everyone you've never met.

Reactions: swagger
It's either that or going to prison and having my money seized.

One of these things is worse than the other!

This is a conversation about concepts of reality and philosophy and interpretation etc of it all. We already know what happens in the reality they created that you choose to accept.
You want to accept these fabricated penalties for fabricated wrongs?

Lol I'm actually speaking in nothing but positives about a better life and people are,acting like,a great wrong is happening. How dare I suggest actual and real freedom. How dare I say we shouldn't be debt slaves .

Lol I'm actually speaking in nothing but positives about a better life and people are,acting like,a great wrong is happening. How dare I suggest actual and real freedom. How dare I say we shouldn't be debt slaves .

jebus can offer you a better life, twue fwedom fwom oppwession!

just because you're saying positive shit doesn't mean it's not utter garbage devoid of reasoning for taking it seriously.

Where did I say anything about anyone personally? I am stating general truths about the American population.

are you not American, or is it true of you, too? (if you are american but it's not true of you, then you see my point -- it might not be true of anyone else you're talking to here, either. -- you're accusing fellow americans who aren't all the same of being your weakest kind of opponent as though of course they must be, they're American, and that's how all Americans are). It's as silly as if I were to go on a rant about what a warmonger and bigot you are, because, after all, that's the general impression of these backward traditional christian imperialists called Americans, so that must be you to a t.

You'd seem less absurd (whether or not you are as absurd as you seem) if you stuck to refuting any arguments people actually sustained, instead of going after imaginary mindless plebs who loath their lives.

• Funny!
Where did I say anything about anyone personally? I am stating general truths about the American population.
Oh gee, idk. Like from the very start, 'you lack critical thought', 'you too brainwashed', 'you this' and 'you that'.... That's kind of what makes you so much fun.

edit: Do you know what we call it if everybody wakes up tomorrow and realizes money is meaningless? SHTF

buy-gold.jpg

• Funny!
Reactions: EspiKvlt
If you want to get out of the trap of mindless consumerism, I'd suggest checking out Mr. Money Mustache I know a number of people that by being more mindful of what the bought have been able to retire in their 30 or 40s and are no longer wage slaves. Although most have accumulated a decent amount of money in order to do so.

youre 22. You have no idea whats being talked about here. You arent critical enough to grasp the concept.
Your comprehension is poor.
That video does relate. You didnt actually listen to it.
lol the video does in fact talk about the questionable validity of money.

dont get me wrong. I envy you. I wish I was 22 again but you have no concept of what this is about and arent even actually
thinking about it. you're Just looking for jokes to make towards me like a child on a playground.
See, Mr. "You continue to try to make things personal", this is what you have been doing from the beginning of this discussion.

This current state of affairs is not ideal for sure; but your particular brand of abrasive incoherence is hardly the tool with which we can build a better tomorrow.

Perhaps you should get in touch with the doctor who is treating your chapped ass and schedule an emergency appointment. Sounds like you may be suffering a flare-up.

I just wanted to take the time to remind everyone, that if you or any of your loved ones are suffering from mesothelioma, you may be entitled to financial compensation.

See, Mr. "You continue to try to make things personal", this is what you have been doing from the beginning of this discussion.

This current state of affairs is not ideal for sure; but your particular brand of abrasive incoherence is hardly the tool with which we can build a better tomorrow.

Perhaps you should get in touch with the doctor who is treating your chapped ass and schedule an emergency appointment. Sounds like you may be suffering a flare-up.

Did you watch the video? Do you have anything to offer other then your childish acceptance of your slavery?
You like and need govt to tell you what to do.
Again you lash out with - you need a doctor- joke because you can't grasp what's being said.
In your mind,anyone who disagrees with your larger group of sheep couldn't possibly be right. You've been trained to need acceptance at the expense of finding out actual truth. You'd rather be popular than right.
Ignorance is truly bliss.

Lol yeah, I laid that on a little thick :) even I can see the humor in that lol
Have a nice week!

Haven't you figured out yet that govt has no desire in causing / helping/ promoting the ability of the populous to thrive or live decently? They want you grovel and fade away into submissive oblivion. Smiling like thankful sheep to the slaughter the entire way and you are more than willing to please them

• Wat?!
Did you watch the video? Do you have anything to offer other then your childish acceptance of your slavery?
You like and need govt to tell you what to do.
Again you lash out with - you need a doctor- joke because you can't grasp what's being said.
In your mind,anyone who disagrees with your larger group of sheep couldn't possibly be right. You've been trained to need acceptance at the expense of finding out actual truth. You'd rather be popular than right.
Ignorance is truly bliss.

Lol yeah, I laid that on a little thick :) even I can see the humor in that lol
Have a nice week!

Haven't you figured out yet that govt has no desire in causing / helping/ promoting the ability of the populous to thrive or live decently? They want you grovel and fade away into submissive oblivion. Smiling like thankful sheep to the slaughter the entire way and you are more than willing to please them
Yes, I am a sheeple. How could I have been so blind?

Status
Not open for further replies.