AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

WARNING: You *will* be recorded now, constantly.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
mynameisbob84 said:
Before anyone can truly rid themselves of the need for money, they must first earn enough money to be able to do that; and in order to earn that money, they must rely on capitalism - which is a paradox in and of itself. While some people may find themselves in a position where they've accumulated enough money to make a go of it and they don't have other responsibilities holding them back, most people likely never will.

Or you need to find a way to be self-sufficient (either alone or as a group of people), living off the grid. But how many people would be willing to do without phone, internet, car, and many other modern conveniences? (because these are all services for which regular payment is usually required).

I agree with emptiedglass's point about the global reach of the NSA's Prism program. One can argue that the moment of total transparency of people's private lives and communication is already here, but instead of creating a "global village," it provides a platform for a Global Security State, where the US national security apparatus can see everything Americans, Europeans, Asians do on Google or Facebook for as long as we are plugged into the net.

The Problem is that Obama's magic window only opens one way - so that they can see us, but we can't see them.. Take a look at Tom Engelhart's comments on all this in his "You Are Our Secret:"
http://www.tomdispatch.com/post/175713/ ... 08373#more

We are told of course, this surveillance is strictly for counter-terrorism purposes, but what happens if the US State Department were to decide to give anti-trafficking goals a higher priority and target the clients of the global sex industry as the "drivers of the new slavery" - exactly the way the radfem abolitionists in Iceland, France and the UK. would have them do.
Then things in Cyberia could get interesting, No? No wonder that the sales of Orwell's "1984" on Amazon have spiked 7000% over the past week. :woops:
UL

UncleLewis said:
I agree with emptiedglass's point about the global reach of the NSA's Prism program. One can argue that the moment of total transparency of people's private lives and communication is already here, but instead of creating a "global village," it provides a platform for a Global Security State, where the US national security apparatus can see everything Americans, Europeans, Asians do on Google or Facebook for as long as we are plugged into the net.

The Problem is that Obama's magic window only opens one way - so that they can see us, but we can't see them.. Take a look at Tom Engelhart's comments on all this in his "You Are Our Secret:"
http://www.tomdispatch.com/post/175713/ ... 08373#more

We are told of course, this surveillance is strictly for counter-terrorism purposes, but what happens if the US State Department were to decide to give anti-trafficking goals a higher priority and target the clients of the global sex industry as the "drivers of the new slavery" - exactly the way the radfem abolitionists in Iceland, France and the UK. would have them do.
Then things in Cyberia could get interesting, No? No wonder that the sales of Orwell's "1984" on Amazon have spiked 7000% over the past week. :woops:
UL

Even scarier, what if they started permitting the buying and selling of all this information that's being collected on us? It might, at some point, become a tempting prospect for some US lawmakers who want to find a way to start paying off the debt. But the thought of big corporations knowing EVERYTHING about me and then using that data to sell me stuff isn't one I relish.

Reactions: LadyLuna
Honestly, the idea of everyone knowing everything about me is... scary. Because people have prejudices. People will not like the fact that I like to imagine myself being eaten, or chopped up, or raped. They'll like even less that occasionally I imagine myself as the other side. Or will not like certain roleplays my partner and I do when we're having fun. They will think that I am insane, and that would not be good. Especially if they decide that I'm likely to try these fantasies, then I'm not just insane, but dangerous. VERY not good.

There are people out there who will hate me simply because I try to find the best in everyone. There will be people out there who will hate me for the times I failed to think that way. Until we eliminate hate and prejudice, the hive mind is too scary an idea.

As far as companies having access to my likes and dislikes and targeting adverts towards me, they already do that. The ads on google relate to what searches you've done on there. As long as they don't use subliminal messages to control my thoughts and actions, or just downright use electrical impulses to do so, I'm not about to get up in arms over it.

UncleThursday said:
Luna, sanity is for the banal.

It's much more fun to not be completely sane all the time. Also, a lot less stressful.

Are you implying that I'm completely sane all the time? Or are you trying to say that no one is going to say that I'm insane for having really creepy fantasies rather often?

Reactions: UncleThursday
LadyLuna said:
UncleThursday said:
Luna, sanity is for the banal.

It's much more fun to not be completely sane all the time. Also, a lot less stressful.

Are you implying that I'm completely sane all the time? Or are you trying to say that no one is going to say that I'm insane for having really creepy fantasies rather often?

I'm saying embrace your insanity for what it is. Something that makes you unique. Much like I have my own insanities that make me unique.

I'm sure we just hide them well enough when around the normal people. ;)

Nothing wrong, to me, with you having your own creepy fantasies. Are they going to be my thing? Probably not, in most cases. But kudos to you for having them, and the guts to mention them to us.

Brad said:
I love the pancakes at Perkins®.
;)

http://www.perkinsrestaurants.com/
Sadly my small town has no Perkins but it does have a Huddle House. Very Perkinsesque. However it's getting really expensive to eat there with the rising prices of food in general.

I was talking to the manager of a local grocery store the other day about food prices going up. I told him I roughly figured they'd gone up about 30% in the last few years. He informed me I was way under estimating it. According to his computers the prices on average for the whole grocery store have gone up 75% in the past two years alone. That factors in not only the price change but the size changes as well. So even if you're paying the same amount for a box of something they've lowered the ounces of food in the box and thus you really are paying more. You're just deluded into thinking everything is okay so you won't panic.

The economy and weakening dollar of course has something to do with all of this but I think the big start of rising food prices has to do with the government forcing Ethanol usage. Farmers started selling corn for it's production and left a shortage for animal feed but also for everything else. Most grocery stores products use corn, or a derivative of corn, in over 90% of the products in the store. So the shortage hikes prices on pretty much everything.

Yet another example of government interference making things worse. Much like Obamacare being forced on us.

There, a stream of consciousness set of off topics. :lol:

JerryBoBerry said:
Brad said:
I love the pancakes at Perkins®.
;)

http://www.perkinsrestaurants.com/
Sadly my small town has no Perkins but it does have a Huddle House. Very Perkinsesque. However it's getting really expensive to eat there with the rising prices of food in general.

I was talking to the manager of a local grocery store the other day about food prices going up. I told him I roughly figured they'd gone up about 30% in the last few years. He informed me I was way under estimating it. According to his computers the prices on average for the whole grocery store have gone up 75% in the past two years alone. That factors in not only the price change but the size changes as well. So even if you're paying the same amount for a box of something they've lowered the ounces of food in the box and thus you really are paying more. You're just deluded into thinking everything is okay so you won't panic.

The economy and weakening dollar of course has something to do with all of this but I think the big start of rising food prices has to do with the government forcing Ethanol usage. Farmers started selling corn for it's production and left a shortage for animal feed but also for everything else. Most grocery stores products use corn, or a derivative of corn, in over 90% of the products in the store. So the shortage hikes prices on pretty much everything.

Yet another example of government interference making things worse. Much like Obamacare being forced on us.

There, a stream of consciousness set of off topics. :lol:

It is the subsidies paid to the corn growers and growers of other crops that have kept food prices artificially low for so long, at least in the US. Compared to other countries we pay a ridiculously small percent of our income for food.

Is this really what the thread has come to? If we can't stay on topic, let it die. Ponies and Spiderman and purposeful off-topicing are only funny once in a while.

To get things back on topic...

What do the models think about the people that might cap for their own personal use? IE that they never intend to share the caps with anyone. Are these people a large percentage of cappers? Probably not. But, I'm sure they exist. But, then again, I also assume that the actual percentage of cappers on the sites is fairly small compared to the total number of members. Anyone who has ever found caps of a model online will probably notice they're normally a bunch of the same caps probably just shared with multiple people who go and repost them on different places (and you can pretty easily find caps of any model by using Google and their model name).

So, would models care as much about those cappers that never distribute, but just want to save shows for their own use later? Although, I would assume, much like the private archives on MFC, without the interaction, such caps would be less interesting than when they happened.

Obviously, most of the models on here don't care about screenshots of them in certain threads, even though they are distributed for all registered users of the site. The silly cap thread, dat ass, socks, tummy love, etc. Many models seem to not care when funny emote GIFs are made of them from things that happen on MFC... A lot of other sites don't allow the uploading of custom emotes, so easiest to mention MFC here. But, obviously, funny GIFs were capped somehow, either by separate still screenshots or as a movie file that was then turned into a GIF.

I'm sure that each model would have different views of these, though. Some might not want to be capped, ever, while others might not care about caps to make funny GIFs or screenshots or for the (probably rare) personal use cappers. Even for distributed caps, we see varying degrees of acceptance. Some see it as potential advertising, even if they're not happy with it. Some see them as the next coming of Lucifer, a bane on their existence and that they should be burned in the fiery pits of hell. Some decide based on what the distributed cap is... teasing/just nudity being ok, but actual cum shows being a problem.

Even so, like I said, the percentage of people capping is probably lower than it is made out to be when one sees the amount of capped shows. The problem of distributed caps, I think, comes from the amount of places the caps are posted and the amount of people willing to redistribute said caps, even if they didn't cap them themselves. From my own experience capping video game footage using screen capping programs (multiple ones to try and get a quality I needed), I know that capping video takes up a TON of hard drive space, especially with sound, for the raw files. Even using my EyeTV and my HDPVR, my raw files are huge. I have close to 40 GB of game footage to edit and export to smaller file sizes, right now... and the MP4 files exported are roughly the same size for the quality I need for my reviews (before I edit them into the reviews, obviously). And I don't think as many people out there have as much hard drive space, total, that I do (over 3 TB between internal and external hard drives) to be recording as many shows as possible. Plus the time it takes to export from screen cap programs... trust me, recording an hour of video can take at least as long, sometimes longer, to export (depending on the program and computer).

The effort, hard drive space and time required to cap shows probably turns a lot of people off to capping, period. Oh, and also the potential cost. At least on the Mac side, worthwhile screen cap programs run anywhere from $25 to over $100. Even on Windows, the free screen cap programs tend to record in shit quality, so a good screen cap program is going to cost money. I don't even want to imagine the cost of the setup the site originally mentioned in this thread must have cost. And if the idea behind capping public shows is to save time and money, I would tend to think the time and money needed to do it to the degree people seem to do it would be too much for the people searching for the free shows in the first place.

UncleThursday said:
What do the models think about the people that might cap for their own personal use? IE that they never intend to share the caps with anyone. Are these people a large percentage of cappers? Probably not. But, I'm sure they exist. But, then again, I also assume that the actual percentage of cappers on the sites is fairly small compared to the total number of members. Anyone who has ever found caps of a model online will probably notice they're normally a bunch of the same caps probably just shared with multiple people who go and repost them on different places (and you can pretty easily find caps of any model by using Google and their model name).
I get a little annoyed when guys assume it's ok to just record everything. It creeps me out a tad when I mention "oh I wish I got a screen cap of that" and some person who has never even really tipped before pipes up and goes "oh, here" and posts a cap in chat from 5 minutes ago. It's just like, dude, are you really sitting there recording everything and I don't even know your name? It's just creepy, and dammit, I'd like a few tokens if you're that obsessed with me that you record my every move. Gimme money.

But overall it really doesn't hurt anything. As I have always said, I can understand when models get up in arms about their content being spread around on the content sites just for their safety and anonymity, so if someone is recording us for private use, it isn't affecting that. And even though I note above that I'd like some money for the pleasure my shows/vids are bringing these individuals, I understand that it's unlikely they'd have ever done so with or without their capping habit. I'm not really losing anything. Whatevs.

UncleThursday said:
Obviously, most of the models on here don't care about screenshots of them in certain threads, even though they are distributed for all registered users of the site. The silly cap thread, dat ass, socks, tummy love, etc. Many models seem to not care when funny emote GIFs are made of them from things that happen on MFC... A lot of other sites don't allow the uploading of custom emotes, so easiest to mention MFC here. But, obviously, funny GIFs were capped somehow, either by separate still screenshots or as a movie file that was then turned into a GIF.
I imagine it makes a difference that this forum is very "pro-model" in that it's here to promote and encourage other cam girls as well as be a place for general cam site camaraderie. It creates a buzz and may introduce new models to the other members, which is a good thing!

And same with MFC... when pics and gifs are posted to these sites that are made to help models succeed, it seems less likely that the models will be upset about screen caps being up unless they're completely unflattering. And I have removed images at the request of the subject multiple times if they report it to me, no big deal. I think some guys don't realize what an unflattering image is and just post away, but we girls are a bit picky about angles and such.

Now as for the silly screen caps threads... I feel a little bad sometimes because frequently they are unflattering images. But it is done in the name of good fun and stimulating conversation, and as with any other thread, if requested I will delete the images.

Thank you for getting back on topic, sir. :handgestures-salute:

I've notice that I get recorded a lot. mostly on Chaturbate, which is why I've stopped doing public shows there. Except for like....once in a very blue moon. I get recorded on MFC, but not as much. Oddly enough, now that I'm more popular though I see shows from like two years ago that are all hyped as "Back when she was just Mandy Montoya".
I don't complain too much about being recorded when I'm on cam, but I certainly do go nuts on the websites. I find links every day and I "DCMA MUTHERFUCKER" them hard. I know that it will make me a bigger target, but I was already a big target. I found over 20 videos yesterday just by googling my old cam name.
Anyway, even though this will make me a bigger target, I can't not do it. I don't cry about it. But I sure as heck won't just sit here and let tons of my shows get spread around the internet so that when I retire from camming in 5 years because I have a son who will be trolling age by then, all of my videos can be accessed from anywhere.
It's not a money issue. I'm not being greedy. (not that it really would be) It's a common sense issue. It's a decency issue. What gives you the right to take my material and post it everywhere? What I think the biggest issue is, is that these guys don't care to think about that fact that we have families, jobs, or lives out side of camming. While most of us love our job, most of us didn't start because we so desperately wanted to be cam girls.

PunkInDrublic said:
What about guys that only record their own private shows?
MFC records a member's private shows for them.

MandyMetal said:
PunkInDrublic said:
LilyMarie said:
MFC records a member's private shows for them.

Well aware but thanks. What if the guy is a member of sites that don't do that?

I don't care so much about the recording...it's the recording AND sharing.

I doubt too many models would have a problem with this so long as it REMAINS for personal use only. That being said, it may be against the actual site's terms of service.

Reactions: LilyMarie
emptiedglass said:
I doubt too many models would have a problem with this so long as it REMAINS for personal use only.

I think the guy is better off not even telling the model that he's doing it. In fact, it'd probably make me a little uncomfortable during future private shows with you. So if you're gonna do it (record), just do it and don't tell me.

yummybrownfox said:
emptiedglass said:
I doubt too many models would have a problem with this so long as it REMAINS for personal use only.

I think the guy is better off not even telling the model that he's doing it. In fact, it'd probably make me a little uncomfortable during future private shows with you. So if you're gonna do it (record), just do it and don't tell me.

I agree. If someone is recording your every public moment (or privates) and you have no intention of sharing them anywhere, why even mention that you are doing it? :think: What is the motivation for telling the model?

AmberCutie said:
I get a little annoyed when guys assume it's ok to just record everything. It creeps me out a tad when I mention "oh I wish I got a screen cap of that" and some person who has never even really tipped before pipes up and goes "oh, here" and posts a cap in chat from 5 minutes ago. It's just like, dude, are you really sitting there recording everything and I don't even know your name? It's just creepy, and dammit, I'd like a few tokens if you're that obsessed with me that you record my every move. Gimme money.

yeah, it does seem kind of creepy if someone is just recording all the time. I've even had some moments where it was like 'man, if I was recording, that would have been a great funny emote' happen. Sometimes, with models I know, they'll do things just for me to try and record for an emote. Unfortunately, my GIF maker seems to hate turning them into GIFs without destroying the colors. I need a new one. PlayboyMegan did a funny t-rex impression for me to make into a GIF (for a tip, yes), but my GIF maker hates video. :(

AmberCutie said:
But overall it really doesn't hurt anything. As I have always said, I can understand when models get up in arms about their content being spread around on the content sites just for their safety and anonymity, so if someone is recording us for private use, it isn't affecting that. And even though I note above that I'd like some money for the pleasure my shows/vids are bringing these individuals, I understand that it's unlikely they'd have ever done so with or without their capping habit. I'm not really losing anything. Whatevs.

Yeah, it'd be nice if they were at least a semi-regular tipper, I agree.

AmberCutie said:
I imagine it makes a difference that this forum is very "pro-model" in that it's here to promote and encourage other cam girls as well as be a place for general cam site camaraderie. It creates a buzz and may introduce new models to the other members, which is a good thing!

And same with MFC... when pics and gifs are posted to these sites that are made to help models succeed, it seems less likely that the models will be upset about screen caps being up unless they're completely unflattering. And I have removed images at the request of the subject multiple times if they report it to me, no big deal. I think some guys don't realize what an unflattering image is and just post away, but we girls are a bit picky about angles and such.

Now as for the silly screen caps threads... I feel a little bad sometimes because frequently they are unflattering images. But it is done in the name of good fun and stimulating conversation, and as with any other thread, if requested I will delete the images.

Thank you for getting back on topic, sir. :handgestures-salute:

See, I don't think every silly cap is necessarily going to come off as unflattering. Just, well, silly. Silly doesn't necessarily mean unflattering, to me, anyway. This could also be because I often appear to be silly, for no reason, though. Some of the models know they're being silly or doing something silly, and their rooms like it. And obviously, some of us on ACF like them, too.

MandyMetal said:
I find links every day and I "DCMA MUTHERFUCKER" them hard.
Except, unless they are recording you from your own personal website, you don't actually have the legal right to try and send a DMCA notice. The website you were working on at the time of the capture owns that copyright, and they are the only ones who can send out DMCA notices. In fact, if you were to actually send a notice to a website for a show captured from a site you were working on, you could have a counter claim of a false DMCA claim brought against you.

http://www.aaronkellylaw.com/internet-l ... n-request/

However, some people abuse the DMCA system. Despite not having a valid claim of copyright infringement, a person who wants content taken down may send a takedown notice anyway, in order to have material they find offensive, defamatory, or otherwise objectionable removed, or simply to harass the person responsible for the account which will be affected by the DMCA notice. What many who abuse the DMCA system do not realize is that they can be sued and held civilly liable for the havoc they wreak by sending these fake notices.

A perfect example of this is the case of Online Policy Group v. Diebold, Incorporated. Diebold made voting machines used in US elections. Online Policy Group was critical of Diebold’s machines, and released e-mail correspondence from the company that they had obtained onto the Internet. Diebold sent DMCA takedown requests to have access to the e-mails that Online Policy Group had posted online removed.

Online Policy Group sued Diebold over the takedown requests, arguing that the Group had the legal right to publish the e-mails. A California court agreed with the Group and granted a request for summary judgment, after which Diebold settled with the Group to pay $125,000 for their monetary losses and legal fees.

The case was just one of many which have been fought over unsubstantiated DMCA takedown requests. Another case was that of Michael Crook, a controversial public speaker who appeared on Fox News and was subsequently criticized on a website which used a thumbnail image of him on their site. Not only was a thumbnail image fair use, but since it was Fox that made the show, Crook could not even claim to be the owner of the broadcast. The case was settled and Crook agreed to a number of embarrassing conditions, including being required to take courses on copyright law, to never again file a Cease & Desist request regarding the image of him on Fox News, to publish a public apology, and other inconvenient conditions for him. He was not required to pay monetary damages because he was indigent.

With these cases in mind, and considering the enormous hassle that a false DMCA takedown request can result in, it is important for people to refrain from sending unsubstantiated takedown requests lest they face monetary damages and other court orders. It is also important to remember that, even if someone is willing to risk these civil damages, there are also criminal sanctions available for false DMCA takedown request senders since the requests are sent under the penalty of perjury.

Because you are not the copyright holder of any caps taken of you while you are working on a site, you have no valid claim of copyright on those caps. With no valid claim of copyright or a legal document form the site you were working for stating you may act as an agent for them to take down videos of you captured from their site, any DMCA takedown notice you send, leaves YOU legally in the wrong. It also leaves you legally responsible in civil and criminal procedures that can not only cost you a shit ton of money, but also publicly embarrass you and potentially have you sentenced and deal with perjury offenses (which are criminal offenses, not civil).

Just because they are caps of you, does not automagically give you the legal right to send a DMCA takedown notice. Your contract with the site should explicitly state you do not own any copyrights on your broadcasts on that site.

Also check this thread Amber has made and stickied. https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/viewt ... 15&t=13635

UncleThursday said:
See, I don't think every silly cap is necessarily going to come off as unflattering. Just, well, silly. Silly doesn't necessarily mean unflattering, to me, anyway.

True. But still, if the model herself has expressed that she doesn't want that pic shown in a particular thread, it's good to respect her wishes.

My feelings on cappers who cap for personal use:

I have mixed feelings on this. Essentially if I ask you to cap/record something and it's for my benefit then I don't mind. If there's a big tip and you cap my reaction so you can send it to me then that's cool. If you know I'm about to do something silly/funny and you cap it so you can send it to me afterwards then that's also cool. Basically if you're doing it for my benefit then I am totally happy with that. Especially if it's something I'll find funny/amusing.

If I were to have a cap posted of me on acf I would want the capper to ask me beforehand and show me the cap. There is no reason they cannot do this, it doesn't take long to send a message about it and I'd like to know it's up there. As much as men may not get the unflattering angles thing and it all being in the case of silliness, if there's a cap that maybe gives me a double chin, or makes me look much bigger, or generally just makes me look a way I really don't want to be represented then I really don't want it to be shared around. Caps often capture very unflattering angles. I wouldn't want to be put in a position where I want to ask for it to be removed. If it's not an awful cap then I'll be really happy to have it put up there.

As for recordings/caps taken for personal use... If the person is a regular tipper and isn't going overboard with it, say someone who already has all of my videos, then no I wouldn't really mind as long as it's not to the point of being creepy.

As for someone who's never spoken to me or tipped me, or even someone who's only tipped me a very little and hasn't purchased my videos, then no I really don't like the idea of it. Yes it would annoy me if I found out. No I'm not going to go crazy about it, it's not really hurting me, but it's still annoying. If someone's never tipped me then they're already getting me live, I'm already giving them a lot, I don't like the idea of them taking my shows and continuing to watch me when I'm offline when they've given nothing to me. It's kind of similar in a way to if I made a sex video with an ex boyfriend and he continued watching it after we broke up. I had sex with him, he has the video, but I've gone now, so really so should his wank material. It wouldn't be the end of the world, but it'd be kind of weird. Basically, when I'm offline, the deals over. Unless you purchase videos, you don't get to see me.

Like Amber said though, it doesn't really damage me, it's kind of weird and can be creepy. I don't like it. But as long as they don't share it around then chances are it won't end up damaging me.

UncleThursday said:
MandyMetal said:
I find links every day and I "DCMA MUTHERFUCKER" them hard.
Except, unless they are recording you from your own personal website, you don't actually have the legal right to try and send a DMCA notice. The website you were working on at the time of the capture owns that copyright, and they are the only ones who can send out DMCA notices. In fact, if you were to actually send a notice to a website for a show captured from a site you were working on, you could have a counter claim of a false DMCA claim brought against you.

I've done a pretty good job of working around that, I think. I do have a website (www.missmanymetal.com) and I stream my live cam there as well. So if you have recorded ANY of my live shows, they also appear on my website, and therefore are subject to DCMA.

Or...at least I tried. lol.

Reactions: SerenaMoon
Status
Not open for further replies.