AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

CharlesBot - Your Automated 24/7 Model Assistant

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I missed the beta period too. I might buy it just to test it though. 10 bucks is a fair price.

EDIT: was going to buy this, but the only option is credit card, so you would get all my personal information including my full legal name. So I didn't get it.
The truth of the matter is that charlesbot.com most likely does not get to see or retain any of your CC or personal information. This is governed by the rules of PCI-DSS (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Payment_Card_Industry_Data_Security_Standard)

While not mandatory by US law, any US based CC processor who accepts Visa/MC/AMEX/Discover is bound by these rules. Let's look at a similar transaction: MFC token purchase. Once you chose a CC processor (EPOCH/CCBill/etc), the address bar changes from MFC.com to EPOCH.com (or whatever). When the transaction is approved, all MFC gets is your MFC alias, your email address and an approval code. Since the "purchase" is delivered electronically, MFC does not have any right to (see) your name or address. This is a key tenet in PCI-DSS: "Restrict access to cardholder data by business need-to-know".

While it's nice that charlesbot.com has provided a privacy policy, if you're concerned you should view his CC processor's privacy policy. I would say that you would be "OK" if when you get to the CC info entry page (or popup) that the domain in the address bar reflects the CC processor (rather than charlesbot.com).

There's a lot more, but this is already turning into a tl;dr :p

*Disclaimer: This is not an endorsement of charlesbot.com, just a clarification of CC regs that vendors/processors must adhere to

*Source: Me. 15+ years IT Security/IT Audit (CISSP/CISA/CRISC/former PCI-QSA)

Do we know what payment processor is used ?

Edit:
NVM, its Stripe. I think it might be more comforting to potential customers if that was stated on the payment page. It would be nice if other payment options were offered (Ie Paypal)

Not sure if this is a goo place to leave a suggestion for the creator but;

I wish the privacy policy and TOS were more prominent and easier to navigate to as well too. Maybe include an FAQ as well?

A really cool feature would be if Charles could respond to keywords or combinations of keyboards; Ie: if someone asks "Skype bb?" Or the word "videos" and "deal?" in the same msg. Charles could respond with a message set by the model.

Last edited:
It would be great if the code allowed following "tip X tokens for X times" countdowns. As an addiction, it could randomly pick a winner out of those who tipped that X token amount (like mini raffle).
For example - I have "tip 33 for 22 times" in my topic. 10 different tippers tip 33 and finish the count, the bot follows the countdown and at the end, posts "member1 is the winner!" and I can give him a prize like a video etc.

The mention of paypal keeps coming up.

You're affraid of TP finding out your given name so you won't submit a CC order but would submit a PayPal order. PayPal of course requires you to use your given name. There would be no net gain.

Only fix I can see is TP adding (for a fee of course) a notarized NDA option.

Charlesbot is pretty cool and helpful. The numbers game is not new, it soon gets boring; I've seen at least one whale tipper detest it, so after an initial phase it could fade. Charlesbot in some form seems destined to stay, I wonder if there be a number of such bots.

I saw a viewer tell Charles to shut the fuck up.

Made me chuckle.

I have a suspicion many members will simply be putting charlesbot on ignore so they don't have to see him anymore.

I just wrote to the developer through the site but will also post my suggestions here.

1. The number game responses would be much better if they were a bit more polite. I would love to see him responding to the wrong numbers something like "Thank you for trying! Sorry it is not the right number" or "xx is not the right number. Thank you for trying and better luck next time!" something like this. It would be also great to have a second or two of a delay after a number is tipped.

2. The number game slightly different - Charles simply deleting the tipped numbers until they are cleared, without the prize. Right now, I do "tip all #s from 1 to 50 for a show" but I tell Charles all #s win a prize - smile, to trick it into counting the #s.

3. Different fonts and colors. Not sure this is even possible, but I would like Charles' font color to be less intimidating and distracting.

4. A Countdown where Charles counts how many times a certain amount has been tipped. This would be helpful to many models who do "Tip x tokens for y times" countdowns. For example, a model would tell Charles how many times 30 tokens need to be tipped for a show, and he would count that to 0. It is also very useful in limited amount of sales (only 10 videos for 99 available etc.)

You know what would be really cool (unless I'm dumb and haven't figured out how to do it)?!

If we could put the numbers game on a timer too! My regs like to play it offline and sometimes I space on posting it (or I'm asleep). It could be a cool reminder in my room while I'm not there. :D

Does anyone know if it's possible to change CharlesBot's name to something else - as well as his font style and color?
As many models have CharlesBot now, I think I only want him if I can personalize him - uniqueness is important to me.

I saw that the MFC model, TribeLove, had "TribeBot" - I am not sure if this is CharlesBot with a name change, or a different bot entirely.

CharlesBot is a program, made on a 0/20 user account. You cannot change his name until it hits 1000 reward points, specially not for each model individually.
TribeBot is a thing she had built for herself, has no connection to Charles.

Whenever I see this name I instantly leave the room, pretty sure a lot of other members do too
Why is that?

My regs like to play it offline and sometimes I space on posting it (or I'm asleep). It could be a cool reminder in my room while I'm not there.
I would imagine it wouldn't work if you weren't online, as the tips would probably not trigger it since they're "offline tips." Of course I'm just guessing, but having used my Cootie board for so long that's how I'm used to it working.

Whenever I see this name I instantly leave the room, pretty sure a lot of other members do too

Why? If a bot helps a model focus on her show or provide a better environment.. isn't that a good thing?

Why is that?

I would imagine it wouldn't work if you weren't online, as the tips would probably not trigger it since they're "offline tips." Of course I'm just guessing, but having used my Cootie board for so long that's how I'm used to it working.
It totally works! But my "offline" is a little different as most of my regs hang out in my chatroom throughout the day (seriously, there are probably two or three hanging out there chatting right now) and tip there instead of using an offline tip link. So it's a cool way for everyone to interact and it helps with the offline tips! :)

It totally works! But my "offline" is a little different as most of my regs hang out in my chatroom throughout the day (seriously, there are probably two or three hanging out there chatting right now) and tip there instead of using an offline tip link. So it's a cool way for everyone to interact and it helps with the offline tips! :)
Interesting to know! My Cootie page doesn't register a tip to the board unless I have my MWBroadcaster logged in.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Magnolia
A couple things- I love having Charlesbot. But I wish

1. His name was different. A lot of members see "Charles" and don't understand its a bot. They just think it's an annoying member. Actually, I saw him in a room before I saw the thread and thought that too. Some responses me and a couple other girls have had:
(In a PM): "Babe, this Charles guy is really overstepping his boundaries. Are you okay with him here? do you need to ban him?"
-"Shutup Charles! I don't want your videos!"
-"Who is this Charles guy and why would I want his Snapchat?"

Using a name like, "Helperbot" might make it more clear it's not an annoying, "helpful" member.

2. His font was less offensively red. It's really bright. Black or grey or blue.. all would be nicer.

2. His font was less offensively red. It's really bright. Black or grey or blue.. all would be nicer.
Well, not the same blue as the noobs. People tend to ignore the bloobs. But yeah the red is unappealing, as a viewer.

I agree having a less human name may be helpful.

Some girls have so many settings for CharlesBot that the room is just constant red spam. It is off-putting I think. Maybe the auto-text responses for people who tip for a game could be less wordy?

Reactions: Nordling
A couple things- I love having Charlesbot. But I wish

1. His name was different. A lot of members see "Charles" and don't understand its a bot. They just think it's an annoying member. Actually, I saw him in a room before I saw the thread and thought that too. Some responses me and a couple other girls have had:
(In a PM): "Babe, this Charles guy is really overstepping his boundaries. Are you okay with him here? do you need to ban him?"
-"Shutup Charles! I don't want your videos!"
-"Who is this Charles guy and why would I want his Snapchat?"

Using a name like, "Helperbot" might make it more clear it's not an annoying, "helpful" member.

I don't want to speak for @TheProgrammer but I expect I understand why this isn't an option at the moment (having written similar tools myself). For all models to have their own custom name/colors, the bot would need to maintain separate MFC accounts for each model along with all the credentials for those accounts. That's not impossible, it's just a much bigger task than having a single account that joins/leaves rooms.

I don't want to speak for @TheProgrammer but I expect I understand why this isn't an option at the moment (having written similar tools myself). For all models to have their own custom name/colors, the bot would need to maintain separate MFC accounts for each model along with all the credentials for those accounts. That's not impossible, it's just a much bigger task than having a single account that joins/leaves rooms.
I didn't think she was suggesting that models all have their own font options for him, just make his default color (and maybe name, but that would require a new account, doubt that he'd spend enough for 1k RP) less obtrusive.

Reactions: caireen

Yup, what Amber said.

I signed up for Charlesbot a couple months ago. I canceled it because I paid and received nothing explaining the next step I should take. All I saw was a page with a bunch of chat commands with no explanation. I'm actually not very dumb and can usually figure out the tech stuff but if I pay for a service, I expect to get some information regarding how to begin using it. I didn't get an email or anything but after reading comments made by members and various comments on MFC, I'm having second thoughts anyway. Also, I've witnessed the creator stirring up trouble between EgyptBeauty and another model. Just not very professional in my opinion.

I like the idea of this but all those codes are way too confusing. Can't you just make a page with options for the model to customise that auto updates the bot. It would take me hours of faffing to learn how to use it in its current form. Also is it $10 PER MONTH or outright?

I wanted to see CharlesBot in action, so I went to Mags's room today. She was offline, but (like always) her members were hanging out and they had a current keno game going. They showed me how to type !remaining to see what numbers were left. The lowest was 24, so I tipped it. I learned two things:
A) it doesn't show the tip in the room if Mags isn't logged in, and
B) it didn't take 24 away from the game.

So apparently she has to be logged in with her model account (not broadcasting, just logged in) for the game to work. Just sharing this knowledge in case it helps anyone else.

So apparently she has to be logged in with her model account (not broadcasting, just logged in) for the game to work. Just sharing this knowledge in case it helps anyone else.
It's the same case for my Cooties game (*I think I mentioned it earlier?) since a program/bot like this would need "visible tips" to hit the board/game.

*Ah yep thats what she/you were replying to. I wouldn't assume this would work with offline tips, but at least being logged in and not broadcasting works. The tips that come in like this still show up in our MFC mail as offline tips, but they show in our PM and register on the bot too.

Reactions: TacoBelle

Yes, as Amber said it will be because when a model is offline you would get an MFC mail instead of a visible room tip

If it doesn't show in the room Charles doesn't know it happened to count it

Status
Not open for further replies.