AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

CharlesBot - Your Automated 24/7 Model Assistant

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 24, 2015
MFC Username
TheProgrammer
After over two months of very long nights, hundreds of revisions, and thousands of hours of testing by a small group of amazing models, I am pleased to welcome the public to begin trying CharlesBot.

Throughout my time on MFC I've noticed a lack of tools available to help make cam models’ jobs easier. Models have to constantly remember to post promotional messages about videos and photo sets, work hard to run tip games and deals, while also keeping track of a ton of token math. CharlesBot is an automated chat robot built for the sole purpose of helping MFC cam models better manage their chat rooms, allowing them to focus on putting on the best show for their members.

The current features include:
  • Token keno tipping game
  • Automatic promotional message posting
  • Custom command/message storage
  • Privately convert token amounts into your currency
With the below features planned to be included in the next month or two and much more planned even later:
  • Secondary countdowns
  • Automated raffle system
  • Automatic video link sending
  • Song request system

The beta program is currently planned to run until October 19th and is currently limited to the first 50 models that join. On this date CharlesBot will automatically leave all rooms and you will need to purchase a license for him to rejoin your room. More information about this process and cost will be sent to you via a PM from CharlesBot and posted here later in the week.

To begin joining the beta program, start by typing /friend CharlesBot inside your public MFC chatroom. This is to ensure communication from CharlesBot is uninterrupted. After you have done that, open a PM with CharlesBot and send him the command "!joinroom 7e3045683563ef6c9fa7df50344e0d74" without quotes. CharlesBot should respond with “Room joined successfully.” if all went well.

You can find a full list of commands available to you once you have Charles running in your room by going to the commands page.

Keep in mind that CharlesBot is still very new, and many bugs could pop up throughout the beta program. If you encounter any bugs, please contact us as soon as you can and include as many details about the incident as possible. If you have any other questions or issues, don’t hesitate to contact us and we will get to your message as soon as possible. I hope Charles makes your job as a cam model easier.

Thank you for testing,
-TheProgrammer

http://charlesbot.com

I saw some of CharlesBot's Beta testing, and the program performs very well, and smoothly. It's Keno function alone is worth it if you play Guess the number games in your room.

What support do you have from mfc for this bot thing you have created? are they aware of it?

What support do you have from mfc for this bot thing you have created? are they aware of it?
I haven't yet had direct communication with MFC, but they have required me to change the name from what it was originally called (TheChatBot). This is leading me to the conclusion that they are OK with CharlesBot, but do not want people confused thinking they developed it. They simply don't want to deal with any support requests about it.

Reactions: Tilly
I'm amazed, if you charge subscription, that they'll be okay with it... but who cares :) Good luck.

I'm amazed, if you charge subscription, that they'll be okay with it... but who cares :) Good luck.

Most likely MFC will just wait till it's up and running then reverse engineer the code. Then you'll see them put it in a future update to all models.

Just as a spectator of CharlesBot in rooms, the "tip the right number win a prize" game is pretty popular

It's good for posting promotional stuff

It's also a bit of novel fun as a member to be able to type a command and make Charles say something

It's got a lot of stuff that MFC really should of introduced themselves..

So which rooms are using it? so we can have a look

Not sure if this is possible but it would be great if we could re-name Charles in our rooms to make him (jeez, I actually think of this bot as a real person!) more personal to each of us. He sometimes comes a cross as a pushy room member who never tips.

For example, I'd like to call him RebeccasBot

First off, good luck programmer dude. I don't want to rain on your parade, but i do not see a lengthy future for you. As someone has already commented, MFC may simply introduce this or similar functionality in a future update. I just don't see MFC allowing you (or anyone) to make money off of their web platform.

Even if they do not add these features, they are not going to let you know about updates, and they may intentionally (or unintentionally) make minor adjustments to break your app. I'm not a coder, but I assume you're using some of the publicly available MFC "code" (or whatever it is called, lol) to have your app "work" with the MFC ecosystem.

I have seen this happen more than once. The mycamgirl website, Kradek's "Model Assistant" browser extension, and a certain camgirl's custom scripts have all at one time or another have been temporarily (or permanently) broken due to MFC "updates". The key here, is that none of these examples were designed as money making operations (charging MFC's contact employees to use it) Again, I'm not a coder, so maybe you are one step ahead of the curve.

tl;dr - Don't quit your day job :D

Reactions: bsurs and DrWangFei
First off, good luck programmer dude. I don't want to rain on your parade, but i do not see a lengthy future for you. As someone has already commented, MFC may simply introduce this or similar functionality in a future update. I just don't see MFC allowing you (or anyone) to make money off of their web platform.

Even if they do not add these features, they are not going to let you know about updates, and they may intentionally (or unintentionally) make minor adjustments to break your app. I'm not a coder, but I assume you're using some of the publicly available MFC "code" (or whatever it is called, lol) to have your app "work" with the MFC ecosystem.

I have seen this happen more than once. The mycamgirl website, Kradek's "Model Assistant" browser extension, and a certain camgirl's custom scripts have all at one time or another have been temporarily (or permanently) broken due to MFC "updates". The key here, is that none of these examples were designed as money making operations (charging MFC's contact employees to use it) Again, I'm not a coder, so maybe you are one step ahead of the curve.

tl;dr - Don't quit your day job :D

While I agree with some of what you said, I don't think the outlook is really that grim. A regular of mine has been running a very similar script for me for the past couple years, tweaking it once in a while and adding new things as we think of them. While you are right that with certain MFC updates, the script will break, it just needs minor adjustments to be functional again. I can foresee that being a pain in the ass in the future for a paid service, but the idea that MFC is going to reprimand him is absolutely hilarious. It's a possibility, of course, but a slim one at that. Plenty of people auto-record camgirls and make money off of that, and MFC is well aware but does little to nothing about it. Girls break minor and major rules daily (no close ups in public chat, only using photos of themselves as avatars, etc) but it's rare if they ever get so much as a warning. The idea that they'll suddenly stop being lazy and go after this guy is just a little far fetched when you think of the many things they've turned a blind eye to. And if MFC does somehow implement useful changes, then that's a plus! In the meantime, this guy is offering a a helpful service. I'm just a little irked that I only found this thread moments before beta testing ended, because I'd have loved to check it out a bit before forking over any cash. In any case, anyone who is well versed in creating and maintaing scripts and running them on MFC will probably be able to emulate all the functionality of his and then some.

Chaturbate encourages app developers...there's a regular prize for the best new ones. They are free to use though but I can see how MFC would not want to go down that route as it likes to have total control.

Not sure if this is possible but it would be great if we could re-name Charles in our rooms to make him (jeez, I actually think of this bot as a real person!) more personal to each of us. He sometimes comes a cross as a pushy room member who never tips.

For example, I'd like to call him RebeccasBot
Sadly, this will not be possible. Would be incredibly difficult to maintain all of the different accounts efficiently. If I figure out a good way of handling this, I'll definitely look into it more.

I think you should add testcam2 in your mfc friends list. When you see them online go in there and talk to them about your charlesbot.

It's time! CharlesBot has been tested and is ready to start being used by anybody and everybody. You may be wondering what this means, how it'll effect you if you've been testing it already, and how you can get on board. This post will serve the purpose of hopefully answering any questions you may have.

What does this mean?

It means that CharlesBot has been tested and used enough to become a premium paid tool. Starting today he will cost $9.99/month. The website (http://charlesbot.com) has been set up to work with a secure credit card payment processor so there's no issues dealing with things like PayPal. Just click one of the buttons throughout the site to purchase and you will be sent to the checkout.

I'm a tester! What does this mean for me?

First off, I appreciate the time you've put in testing immensely. Your help has made CharlesBot what it is today. This news does mean that you will need to begin paying for CharlesBot starting today if you'd like to continue using him. As a thank you for allowing your room to be used for testing, I have sent you a MFC Mail with a discount code to use during checkout to get your first month of a CharlesBot subscription for 20% off. In addition, if you tweet about CharlesBot during checkout you are eligible for an additional 20% off. After completing your purchase, you will be emailed instructions on how to make him rejoin your room and once he does, all saved commands and ads will be there waiting for you. You'll just need to use the !setinterval command for ads to start working after he has rejoined.

Hopefully you've enjoyed testing CharlesBot and I'm excited to see what the future holds!

If I may, I have a suggestion that I think may help ^_^;

I saw that you had originally listed CharlesBot at $30 and it has now changed to $10. This leads me to believe you're not confident about the pricing structure. This leaves me as a potential consumer not confident about it either.

Therefore, if I were you, I'd have the CharlesBot be free for models to use. Then, offer a premium paid service that offers additional services within the CharlesBot, such as for it to stop advertising itself. I think you'd get a lot more exposure this way and, if it's used heavily in free chat, a member might step in to tip to upgrade it as well. How cool would that be? :)

I myself would never use this unless I got my feet wet with it during the beta. Clearly, I missed it. As many other models stated, we hesitate to put money down for something we haven't experienced yet for ourselves or how it operates in our room or how our members react to it. This strengthens my opinion that it is best as a free to use service with a paid premium service option.

ManyCam is like this, as well. Many models start off with using it for free but do end up paying to upgrade it.

Either way, I wish you the best of luck with this! I enjoy any improvements to our community!

I missed the beta period too. I might buy it just to test it though. 10 bucks is a fair price.

EDIT: was going to buy this, but the only option is credit card, so you would get all my personal information including my full legal name. So I didn't get it.

Last edited:
was going to buy this, but the only option is credit card, so you would get all my personal information including my full legal name. So I didn't get it.
I can look into PayPal as an option, but I was told that there were some issues with models and PayPal so decided against it. Would you be interested in this as a payment option?

You could also choose to have somebody else purchase a license for you and have them simply forward you the instructions that are emailed.

Paypal or bitcoin are good options.
I'll definitely look into offering these over the next few days, thank you for the suggestion. I'd also like to assure you that any information supplied is bound under the privacy policy (https://charlesbot.com/privacy-policy/) and is all sent via secure SSL connections to the server and payment processor.

If I may, I have a suggestion that I think may help ^_^;

I saw that you had originally listed CharlesBot at $30 and it has now changed to $10. This leads me to believe you're not confident about the pricing structure. This leaves me as a potential consumer not confident about it either.

Therefore, if I were you, I'd have the CharlesBot be free for models to use. Then, offer a premium paid service that offers additional services within the CharlesBot, such as for it to stop advertising itself. I think you'd get a lot more exposure this way and, if it's used heavily in free chat, a member might step in to tip to upgrade it as well. How cool would that be? :)

I myself would never use this unless I got my feet wet with it during the beta. Clearly, I missed it. As many other models stated, we hesitate to put money down for something we haven't experienced yet for ourselves or how it operates in our room or how our members react to it. This strengthens my opinion that it is best as a free to use service with a paid premium service option.

ManyCam is like this, as well. Many models start off with using it for free but do end up paying to upgrade it.

Either way, I wish you the best of luck with this! I enjoy any improvements to our community!
More or less just wanting to give a broader range models the ability to use him. Thank you for your suggestions. I'll definitely look into the possibility of this over the next few days.

so bummed, I really wanted to test CharlesBot. I think that Miqote has a very good point, you could perhaps do a 7 day or even a month free trial just so models can have a good idea of what they'll be spending their money on and if it's really worth it.
Seems awesome, I believe i've seen the bot in nintend_xo's room and it's truly a hit so kudos to you. I want to buy CharlesBot but i'm simply not sure unless I can test it for myself and like the previous models/posters, missed the BETA testing
good luck with this and hopefully I'll get to try him out real soon in my chat room! :)

I don't think anyone should be signing up for it until there is some confirmation that MFC is OK with it

• Funny!
Reactions: Tilly
Status
Not open for further replies.