AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Watermarking Photos in picsets

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 11, 2017
Twitter Username
@lucycosmosmfc
MFC Username
LucyCosmos
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/1000974907/lucycosmos/
Hello all! First I’d like to say I’ve found sooo much valuable info in these threads and am extremely appreciative for all of you who contribute to them :inlove: I’ve been full time camming on MFC for about a month and doing pretty well. I’ve made a few videos using my C920 and Windows Movie Maker for now. Along with making and editing vids, I’ve been making digital picture sets as well. Today is the day I decided to sit down to start editing them. Now my question is, is it appropriate to watermark the pictures in picsets available to buy? These are only sold digitally, no prints. Like many of us here, I shoot and edit all of my own work so would like to be able to take some credit if they ever end up being published somewhere without my knowledge, but I’m curious if it’s something people rather not have on images they purchase. I’ve searched in about 5 different ways looking for info on this but could only find info on watermarking your cam while streaming... if this has already been discussed sorry for the repost, I’d appreciate being pointed in the right direction though! Thanks :h:

I always lean toward watermarking. I see nothing wrong with putting a small logo/watermark in the corner of all your pics and videos. If they do end up posted some where it will at the very least drive some traffic back to you.

I always lean toward watermarking. I see nothing wrong with putting a small logo/watermark in the corner of all your pics and videos. If they do end up posted some where it will at the very least drive some traffic back to you.

That was my main thought with having the watermark on them, I’d appreciate getting the traffic if there was any to be had ‘cause I put a lot of work into my stuff :haha: Thanks for the feedback! I’ve put some thought into it and decided to put a small logo with my name in the bottom right corner of my pictures, that way it’s not too abrasive but still seen by people that may be curious how to find more if they stumble upon my stuff. :nod:

Just be sure to put the watermark somewhere that can't easily be cropped or brushed out.
Obviously this is the whole "argument" for copyright's ON video's too (for CB at least). Where to place it, what opacity - without it interfering with the user/tipper experience, whilst being able to 'protect' the model.

I think it's appropriate to watermark photos that you're selling. If you know anyone in vanilla life that has photos professionally done (family portraits, senior photos for kids, etc), look at the pics they have in their house, and you'll see a watermark on there somewhere. I'm quite certain that any digital copies they received also have a watermark (probably a bigger and more obnoxious one, in fact). If vanilla photographers do it to family photos, there's absolutely no reason that we shouldn't. Realistically, we have even better reasons to watermark, because no one wants to pirate pics of a pimply high school senior looking awkward in his ill-fitting suit.

IMHO it is possible to add watermarks that are tasteful and also hard to crop. For example, if you look at my avatar, the mark in the upper right corner is pretty easy to remove. If I had put a small mark running at an angle along my bra strap (the teal bit), it would have been better. You could still remove it if you were determined, but you couldn't just chop off the center section of the pic without cutting off my face, tits, and/or ass, too.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
Status
Not open for further replies.