AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

ways to encourage tokens??

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinderella27

Inactive Cam Model
Jan 20, 2016
los angeles
MFC Username
Sinderella27
what are some ways you let a member know that they aren't getting anything for free? like , in a nice way encourage tokens ? I need some examples of what to say without sounding like a beggar.
guys have been trying to get a lot of free stuff from me.

Reactions: Ambers Troll
I feel like a nice way to say it would be something like "I really would love to do this for free but if I did I couldn't afford to hang out with you and enjoy myself". I know that's not really perfect but do you get what I'm trying to say?

The best way must surely be having others spend tokens, creating a positive feedback loop? I guess appreciating those first few spenders in each group of members you attract would become critical in this case?

Reactions: Sinderella27
Just put in the topic : No Tokens - No Show

:)

Stuff like that comes across as SO negative to me! If you're at the point of being so frustrated you want to make your topic something like that, I think it's time to log off for the night.

You're much better off, in my opinion, having a variety of things to offer in your topic. Like a main countdown, then smaller things they can tip for that will also count towards the countdown (flashes, spanks, liquor shots [within reason, be safe!], etc), a video deal, a raffle (if you're into that sort of thing, read this thread if you get verified), Snapchat, fan signs, exclusive photos, etc.

I think all models can empathize with the feeling of "how do I make them understand that I need tokens for this" but I think maintaining a positive demeanor & offering a variety of options for guys to choose from is much better than coming across as negative.

Stuff like that comes across as SO negative to me! If you're at the point of being so frustrated you want to make your topic something like that, I think it's time to log off for the night.

You're much better off, in my opinion, having a variety of things to offer in your topic. Like a main countdown, then smaller things they can tip for that will also count towards the countdown (flashes, spanks, liquor shots [within reason, be safe!], etc), a video deal, a raffle (if you're into that sort of thing, read this thread if you get verified), Snapchat, fan signs, exclusive photos, etc.

I think all models can empathize with the feeling of "how do I make them understand that I need tokens for this" but I think maintaining a positive demeanor & offering a variety of options for guys to choose from is much better than coming across as negative.

Text can be received in many different ways, you take "No Tokens - No Show" as negative, I imagine a frustrated camgirl putting this in the topic because she is totally tired of the stingy members....
Another way to read " NoTokens - No Show " would be a selfassured camgirl stating the obvious in a playful manner and the majority of the tipping members smile about this straightforward communication and maybe tip more because no beating around the bush here....

But you need to be comfortable with your topics....

:)

Reactions: Gen
I definitely agree it can be taken in many ways and that camgirls should let their personalities shine - that said, I'd be wary as a new model to make my topic something that can be ambiguously read as rude/grumpy/entitled. I also wouldn't bank on the majority of tippers viewing it as a positive or simply "straightforward" thing.

Obviously different opinions all around!

I definitely agree it can be taken in many ways and that camgirls should let their personalities shine - that said, I'd be wary as a new model to make my topic something that can be ambiguously read as rude/grumpy/entitled. I also wouldn't bank on the majority of tippers viewing it as a positive or simply "straightforward" thing.

Obviously different opinions all around!

I agree, yo. I think most members would be put off by what essentially is an ultimatum. For new members to that room especially, it's more likely that something like that would come across as negative rather than assured or ironic or whatever. A list of things the model will do for tokens is surely going to be much more successful than an unhelpful edict.

I agree with Gen and I probably wouldnt tip someone who just had the topic "no tokens no show". I think she would come across quite rudely and I expect most people would feel this way. The only exception would be if it was someone I knew already and she was either having a bad day or doing it for jokes, but then if it was someone I knew I'd be tipping her anyway so the topic wouldnt make much difference.

I misread the original post and realized my response might not have really been all that helpful since you were asking for like..examples. I would also like to agree with the peeps who said that "No tokens no show" is probably something to stay away from unless you're niche is bratty-spoiled-princess (I'm not taking the mickey, it's a thing)

You're likely to put off fellas who might not otherwise have been. In your topic, instead focus on positives.. like "only x tokens till i do x"! it makes it clear that there are tips required for the thing ...

I remember learning .. i dont even remember where, about how to get toddlers and small children to follow instructions. THey talk about always saying what TO do not, what not to do. For example, instead of handing a small child a glass of water and saying "BE CAREFUL DONT SPILL IT" you say "HOld it carefully with two hands" - you don't focus on the negative because "spill" gets stuck in their brain... and they may spill it simply because they're thinking so hard about not spilling.

It's not quite the same situation on MFC (nobody's spilling anything) but i do think focussing more on encouraging them on what TO do rather than focusing on what not to do - in general is best. There's a time and a place.. I've been known to rant on ettiquitte..and if you can make it funny sometimes that will draw in some tokies.

Basically things I will say - "Hey there! Thanks for the PM! I love to chat, but with so many people pming me I find it a little difficult to follow so I'd love it if you pmed me for important/private things and kept chitchat to public chat! If you're shy and would rather chat here send me a 100tk tip and I'll put your PMs at the top of my response list"

"Hey there! I'd love to chat about this more! If you'd like me to spend some more of my one on one time chatting like this, I ask for x tokens to compensate me for my time! If you would rather finish our chat now, I can't wait to see you again tomorrow when I'm on cam again in free chat!"

This can even apply on profiles. If the first thing a member sees when he clicks your profile is a list of "DONT DO THIS. DONT DO THIS. DONT DO THIS" it can leave a negative impression, even if he's not aware of it. Instead, a list of expected behavior will leave a positive (or at least neutral) impression.

etc..
I hope this helps.. my 2c

Yes, positive reinforcement always works best!

A better alternative to "no tips, no show" would be something like "tips keep the show going, all tokens are appreciated!"

EXTREMELY helpful miss lollipop. and exactly the examples i was hoping for
thank you much .. and thanks everyone!

I misread the original post and realized my response might not have really been all that helpful since you were asking for like..examples. I would also like to agree with the peeps who said that "No tokens no show" is probably something to stay away from unless you're niche is bratty-spoiled-princess (I'm not taking the mickey, it's a thing)

You're likely to put off fellas who might not otherwise have been. In your topic, instead focus on positives.. like "only x tokens till i do x"! it makes it clear that there are tips required for the thing ...

I remember learning .. i dont even remember where, about how to get toddlers and small children to follow instructions. THey talk about always saying what TO do not, what not to do. For example, instead of handing a small child a glass of water and saying "BE CAREFUL DONT SPILL IT" you say "HOld it carefully with two hands" - you don't focus on the negative because "spill" gets stuck in their brain... and they may spill it simply because they're thinking so hard about not spilling.

It's not quite the same situation on MFC (nobody's spilling anything) but i do think focussing more on encouraging them on what TO do rather than focusing on what not to do - in general is best. There's a time and a place.. I've been known to rant on ettiquitte..and if you can make it funny sometimes that will draw in some tokies.

Basically things I will say - "Hey there! Thanks for the PM! I love to chat, but with so many people pming me I find it a little difficult to follow so I'd love it if you pmed me for important/private things and kept chitchat to public chat! If you're shy and would rather chat here send me a 100tk tip and I'll put your PMs at the top of my response list"

"Hey there! I'd love to chat about this more! If you'd like me to spend some more of my one on one time chatting like this, I ask for x tokens to compensate me for my time! If you would rather finish our chat now, I can't wait to see you again tomorrow when I'm on cam again in free chat!"

This can even apply on profiles. If the first thing a member sees when he clicks your profile is a list of "DONT DO THIS. DONT DO THIS. DONT DO THIS" it can leave a negative impression, even if he's not aware of it. Instead, a list of expected behavior will leave a positive (or at least neutral) impression.

etc..

ive added topics like (a main goal/some things I offer, snapchat, raffles etc/spanks or flashes/tip to pm)
examples would be main goal: spank-a-thon= *****
Rabbit Cum show!=*****
Lotion show=*****

spanks (charging per spank) does well
and making them tip to PM you. ( I leave the amount up to them but its usually no less then 10 tokens to start.) its much easier to deal with the room when your not dealing with tons of PM. I just allow friends to pm...

To play devil's advocate a bit, I consider myself a nice, cheery, positive, energetic cam girl. There will still be members that complain that I must be "faking" it - that being nice / positive / professional over everything is "fake".

Haha, of course, I still recommend being positive overall! :)

The best thing to do, in my opinion in this case, is picture the cam girl you want to be. How would she handle such situations? Then, go ahead and do that for those situations and don't let anyone or anything steer you in a different direction. Best of luck!

Reactions: DrWangFei
To play devil's advocate a bit, I consider myself a nice, cheery, positive, energetic cam girl. There will still be members that complain that I must be "faking" it - that being nice / positive / professional over everything is "fake".

Haha, of course, I still recommend being positive overall! :)

The best thing to do, in my opinion in this case, is picture the cam girl you want to be. How would she handle such situations? Then, go ahead and do that for those situations and don't let anyone or anything steer you in a different direction. Best of luck!

Just to clarify something about my post/suggestion:

Positive in this case doesnt mean you have to be nice/happy.. etc. If you're a snarky person, you can still put in some funny snarky stuff.. and you can certainly discuss thigns that are 'real' not happy all the time. You can be as honest about those things as you need to be.

The point of positive (at least in my post) was about.. when phrasing EXPECTATIONS of members, focus on what you *want* them to do, rather than what you want them NOT to do. It's still honest/not fake. Just redirecting the focal point of the convo.

Just to clarify something about my post/suggestion:

Positive in this case doesnt mean you have to be nice/happy.. etc. If you're a snarky person, you can still put in some funny snarky stuff.. and you can certainly discuss thigns that are 'real' not happy all the time. You can be as honest about those things as you need to be.

The point of positive (at least in my post) was about.. when phrasing EXPECTATIONS of members, focus on what you *want* them to do, rather than what you want them NOT to do. It's still honest/not fake. Just redirecting the focal point of the convo.

Absolutely agree :)

Members can be crazy xD

A guy's perspective based on things that have encouraged me to tip, particularly if I'm a newcomer to a room:

There's probably a strong element of chicken-and-egg. The things that have made me tip are mostly tried-and-tested - spinning wheels, lucky number tip stuff, flash sales of videos ('next three people' or 'next five minutes') and stuff like that. But a lot of them probably already need a certain level of activity in the room to work as well as they might. A spinning wheel, for example, I'm much more likely to tip for it (at least if I'm new to the room) if I've already seen one or two other people do it - maybe not so much to see what's on the wheel as to see the model's attitude and body language in relation to how she does it and how she responds to whatever prizes (or forfeits) that are given out.

So it maybe depends on what stage you're at. If there are people in the room already and chat going on and you're just looking for ways to encourage them to tip a bit more, then I'm sure things like that can work. If you're at the stage of still trying to get the necessary critical mass in order to *make* such things work then that might be more difficult, I guess you just need to put stuff out there and hope for that hurdle to be got over.

Anyone else see MaggieMagpie's show on mfc overnight? One of the best - certainly funniest - shows I've seen. It was non-nude - she was wearing a cow costume the whole time I was watching, and I gather she'd been wearing a giant 'Barney' head earlier on. She had a soundboard set up that automatically played different noises or music clips on any tip between 1 and 50, and then the centrepiece of the show was an automated talking frog, which had been set up to read out anything written in a tip note. There were enough people got into the spirit of it to keep it moving and really make it work - she ended up with 1,300 viewers and I think she said at the end that it was her most successful night on mfc. But I can sort of imagine, that if I'd dropped into a room where there were only three or four lurkers and no-one saying anything for ten minutes at a time, and all there was to see was a girl in a cow suit saying "come on guys, tip me stuff and this toy frog here will read out anything you write in the tip note" I'd probably have thought - uh, what? When there's a cumshow next door? Good luck with that.

How to get from here to there? Dunno. But if you've got the talent I'm sure it'd happen.

I feel like a nice way to say it would be something like "I really would love to do this for free but if I did I couldn't afford to hang out with you and enjoy myself". I know that's not really perfect but do you get what I'm trying to say?
Thats a good one.. i like it!

I was in a room recently with a pretty standard topic X for coundown, X for various flashes, and tip 10 if you like me. When things were slow the models said something along the lines of "Guys, only 2 people in here like me, only 2 out of 20 people like me, I'm not feeling very loved at all" she said it in a really adorable kind of way. And it seemed to do the trick a few small 10 tips turned into some decent tips. She was cool I'll definitely visit her again.

A guy's perspective based on things that have encouraged me to tip, particularly if I'm a newcomer to a room:

There's probably a strong element of chicken-and-egg. The things that have made me tip are mostly tried-and-tested - spinning wheels, lucky number tip stuff, flash sales of videos ('next three people' or 'next five minutes') and stuff like that. But a lot of them probably already need a certain level of activity in the room to work as well as they might. A spinning wheel, for example, I'm much more likely to tip for it (at least if I'm new to the room) if I've already seen one or two other people do it - maybe not so much to see what's on the wheel as to see the model's attitude and body language in relation to how she does it and how she responds to whatever prizes (or forfeits) that are given out.

So it maybe depends on what stage you're at. If there are people in the room already and chat going on and you're just looking for ways to encourage them to tip a bit more, then I'm sure things like that can work. If you're at the stage of still trying to get the necessary critical mass in order to *make* such things work then that might be more difficult, I guess you just need to put stuff out there and hope for that hurdle to be got over.

Anyone else see MaggieMagpie's show on mfc overnight? One of the best - certainly funniest - shows I've seen. It was non-nude - she was wearing a cow costume the whole time I was watching, and I gather she'd been wearing a giant 'Barney' head earlier on. She had a soundboard set up that automatically played different noises or music clips on any tip between 1 and 50, and then the centrepiece of the show was an automated talking frog, which had been set up to read out anything written in a tip note. There were enough people got into the spirit of it to keep it moving and really make it work - she ended up with 1,300 viewers and I think she said at the end that it was her most successful night on mfc. But I can sort of imagine, that if I'd dropped into a room where there were only three or four lurkers and no-one saying anything for ten minutes at a time, and all there was to see was a girl in a cow suit saying "come on guys, tip me stuff and this toy frog here will read out anything you write in the tip note" I'd probably have thought - uh, what? When there's a cumshow next door? Good luck with that.

How to get from here to there? Dunno. But if you've got the talent I'm sure it'd happen.
I found her room one night where she was dressed up as Jesus, and you tipped a certain amount to "confess your sins" in a tip note. The frog would read the sin, and she would give you a penance and absolve you. It was weird and hilarious and confusing.\

I tipped.

I found her room one night where she was dressed up as Jesus, and you tipped a certain amount to "confess your sins" in a tip note. The frog would read the sin, and she would give you a penance and absolve you. It was weird and hilarious and confusing.\

I tipped.

I guess if you're going to do those sorts of slightly quirky shows then you're going to have to keep coming up with new ideas. Which I daresay is a challenge.

But even if they were only occasional one-offs then she's created a level of interest in her room and in her character. Even if I were to find her doing more regular countdowns for regular stuff next time I saw her then fine. I'm only a man after all and I have a man's weaknesses, and she's made me sufficiently interested that I'd now be much more curious to know what she looks like naked than I was before I saw the cow-suit and talking frog show.

Reactions: Entertainer33
I either make a cute joke about it, repost my status stating my tip menu, everyones cool with it and we move on. Usually someone tips from that anyways! Nothing wrong with reminding people that

etc..

Great advice, i will apply these suggestions for sure. Thank you :)

Reactions: lumifits
Just wow; I knew there is a lot more to it to camming than just camming, but this is an eye opener on the psychological aspects. I'll keep this advice for when I have a kid and have to teach it how to carry a glass;)

etc..

She had a soundboard set up that automatically played different noises or music clips on any tip between 1 and 50, and then the centrepiece of the show was an automated talking frog, which had been set up to read out anything written in a tip note.

how do you get a soundboard to program like that? it's awesome~

In your case Sinderella (H.) I would keep reminding members to take a look at your profile, and to point out that they could be enjoying you more by choosing something to tip for.
Your type of modelling will attract a degree of trying to encourage you to do more so you need to hint that tipping might be the way to seduce a little more out of you (even though it is sadly doomed to fail in the end). Try to encourage a run of tips when they occur, by describing how much fun you are having rather than asking for anything directly, and focus on keeping a rhythm to it.

I suspect you get good enough traffic (numbers of members), I would make sure you focus your time and attention on those who tip, and can tip. I think many models waste too much time on on non-tipping members which tends to encourage freeloading/ non-spending.

Related to this, when you do get tippers you may find you must give less of your time to those tipping lower amounts. For example, I have known the current #7 on MFC (AnaAriana) for about nine years, but to visit her and spend real time with her is difficult without contributing, her attention must be elsewhere usually. On my side of things I must choose my moments, or alternatively save up to compensate for taking her time, I must really want to spend time with her. Even in public chat drawing too much of her attention from others without contribution is inappropriate.
My point is to encourage tokens you must as your first priority, focus your time and any rewards on those spending them.

Status
Not open for further replies.