AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

We won the war on drugs!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The vast majority of drug arrests are done by state authorities. This doesn't really change much. I think the best we can hope for is that the feds will stop fucking people in states where it has been legalized.

Reactions: Jupiter551
bawksy said:
The vast majority of drug arrests are done by state authorities. This doesn't really change much. I think the best we can hope for is that the feds will stop fucking people in states where it has been legalized.
I disagree, for the attorney general of the united states to say this is a major psychological victory - not just for the places where some drugs are already decrim/legalized, but for the places they're not.

I think it was pivotal for US states to fight that battle, but until your Federal Govt gave it a stamp of approval it was always marginal at best. Now, hopefully, more conservative places that take their moral lead from the status quo might have one less reason to hide behind - and further, the biggest issue with drugs and community acceptance isn't even a legal one: it's a societal attitude problem toward 'drugs'.

Again, I don't think it should be underestimated how huge it (could) be psychologically, for responsible drug use to no longer be demonised but given a tacit stamp of approval. Considering the US Govt were the ones who specifically set about prohibiting pot consumption, even pressuring their allies to do the same, it would be poetic justice for them to open it up again.

Might also be seen as symbolic for how the American system has, imo, the best and the worst of everything.

Shaun__ said:
It will be won when doing drugs is not considered a reason to put someone in jail, and destroy their lives.
Right but...that's kinda what the Attorney General was getting at loll.

Jupiter551 said:
Shaun__ said:
It will be won when doing drugs is not considered a reason to put someone in jail, and destroy their lives.
Right but...that's kinda what the Attorney General was getting at loll.

No he was saying it is too damn expensive to keep these people locked up for so many years, but people still should be arrested and probably still serve time. He is just asking the arresting officer not to report the amount seized unless it is a dealer, but in this country having plastic sandwich bags in your kitchen shows intent to distribute.

Also a lot of states also have their own minimum sentencing laws as well, and those are still being enforced with glee.

I will try not to rant but once again Illinois leads the way in stupidity. While my state FINALLY decided to try the medical marijuana program they will NOT allow me to grow my own. Hard to tax it that way. I fucking knew this was going to happen. It's fine to give me Norcos coming out my bunghole (opiates are OK, weed is not) but if I want to switch to something that is a natural plant and actually works better I have to buy it from one of the state controlled stores so they can collect their tax. I really do hate this state sometimes!
:angry4:

But I will be able to buy up to 5 ounces a month.
:roll:

Reactions: AmeliaArcana
Brad said:
I will try not to rant but once again Illinois leads the way in stupidity. While my state FINALLY decided to try the medical marijuana program they will NOT allow me to grow my own. Hard to tax it that way. I fucking knew this was going to happen. It's fine to give me Norcos coming out my bunghole (opiates are OK, weed is not) but if I want to switch to something that is a natural plant and actually works better I have to buy it from one of the state controlled stores so they can collect their tax. I really do hate this state sometimes!

I'm curious, how much does an ounce cost over there?

EmmaSage said:
Brad said:

It's not a perfect system Brad but it's better than nothing - and hopefully just the start. I think it's a no brainer that some states etc will want to make it regulated so that you can't grow your own etc - and from a certain point of view it makes sense, because the idea is to regulate, not deregulate. (Personally I think it misses the point if they're contending you shouldnt grow for personal use).

Emma, dispensaries sell anywhere from $200-$320/oz depending on location and strain - which still puts it cheaper, and better gear, than most places get on the street.

Reactions: Brad
EmmaSage said:

Street value is roughly $80 an ounce for regular old green pot and about the same price for a 1/4 ounce of the various high end strains. I guess at least now the quality will go up as the stuff I have smoked that comes from dispensaries (in Michigan) is pretty high quality compared to what I am used to here normally.

Reactions: EmmaSage
Brad said:
EmmaSage said:

Street value is roughly $80 an ounce for regular old green pot and about the same price for a 1/4 ounce of the various high end strains. I guess at least now the quality will go up as the stuff I have smoked that comes from dispensaries (in Michigan) is pretty high quality compared to what I am used to here normally.
yes, $10-12g is around average price from the dispensaries - for medicinal quality of course.
Check around on prices though before you buy, I've had opportunity to browse prices of various strains and noted that the price per ounce for the same strain can be as much as $100 difference between clubs not more than an hour or so from one another.

That said - not all MJ is grown equally well, in some cases the cheaper ones may just be inferior produce.

Reactions: Brad and EmmaSage
While I was writing that last post my new bong got delivered :D
vgwyiMdl.jpg

0j5YZP1l.jpg

gs9LuAal.jpg

Gonna hit this bad bitch see you on the other side :handgestures-salute:

:shock: Oh wow, it's only $40 an ounce for regular stuff here. It can be hit or miss though, sometimes it's kinda shitty but you can get some pretty decent stuff for that price. I'm not sure how much medical grade is, we don't have a whole lot down here and I don't have any connections that ever have any sadly. Guess I'll be more more grateful for my semi crappy but at least affordable weed :thumbleft:

Jupiter551 said:
That said - not all MJ is grown equally well, in some cases the cheaper ones may just be inferior produce.

Agreed! And that is why I wanted to grow my own. I enjoy gardening and grew it many years ago. I have a friend who grows some very nice stuff and is careful to flush his plants before harvest. The taste is awesome! I don't get blasted too often anymore. Usually just some maintenance hits throughout the day depending on how well the Norco works for my back pain. As I have said many times before I will be more then happy to trade my legal opiate for legal pot use. It works better for me anyway and is not as hard on my liver.
:thumbleft:

BTW, nice pipe!!
:cool:

Brad said:
Jupiter551 said:

Agreed! And that is why I wanted to grow my own. I enjoy gardening and grew it many years ago. I have a friend who grows some very nice stuff and is careful to flush his plants before harvest. The taste is awesome! I don't get blasted too often anymore. Usually just some maintenance hits throughout the day depending on how well the Norco works for my back pain. As I have said many times before I will be more then happy to trade my legal opiate for legal pot use. It works better for me anyway and is not as hard on my liver.
:thumbleft:

BTW, nice pipe!!
:cool:
Yes I agree 100% Brad, I would also rather just grow a couple plants for my own use, I think growing, checking on them, watching them develop is half the fun :) Plus with all the high end seeds and nutrients and such you can get, it wouldn't take more than a couple years before I bet you're growing as fine stuff as you can get anywhere.

I try to get blasted lol...I'm basically immune to anything sativa-heavy and the indica hits me TOO hard lol. Trying to find the right balance. If you see a strain called Dinachem, try it!

Reactions: Brad
Well, in Canada, one of our major parties looks like it will make legalization a major part of their platform. Getting high, or drunk, has never been a big part of my life, but I would really like to see pot dealt with the same way alcohol is. As a bonus, this issue has the potential of getting young people engaged in the political process and out to the polls.

The biggest prize would be getting rid of our current government. :pray:

Reactions: Jupiter551
Sevrin said:
Well, in Canada, one of our major parties looks like it will make legalization a major part of their platform. Getting high, or drunk, has never been a big part of my life, but I would really like to see pot dealt with the same way alcohol is. As a bonus, this issue has the potential of getting young people engaged in the political process and out to the polls.

The biggest prize would be getting rid of our current government. :pray:
Part of it, much as I'd like to get high, is about taking that out of the equation. It shouldn't be the main consideration. Cannabis has a wide range of medical uses - that's what governments and media should be focusing on.

If alcohol was a vital medicine I can't imagine people would umm and ahh about allowing its use, given pause by the issue of alcoholism.

Reactions: LadyLuna
Status
Not open for further replies.