AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Web App Shows Where Instagram Pics Were Taken

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
wow why is that info even tracked, anyway fuck instagram btw, delete anything on there - they signed a deal that companies etc can use your photos to promote products. Basically you can be a commercial without knowing it or making any money.

Jupiter551 said:
wow why is that info even tracked, anyway fuck instagram btw, delete anything on there - they signed a deal that companies etc can use your photos to promote products. Basically you can be a commercial without knowing it or making any money.

They changed the TOS for the advertising section back to the 2010 version so they are not 'currently' planning on allowing use/selling of your photos. Instagram chief Kevin Systrom has explicitly stated (after the change) that "Instagram has no intention of selling your photos."

However, this will probably change in the near future as they are Facebook owned and need to find some way to monetize their usage.

Doug

Reactions: 16_bit
Isn't this related to the Geo-tagging that has made so much buzz last few months here? IDK, [because I'm old school and dont carry a "has-everythingbutatoilet-on-it" phone on my hip], why its necessary for any location info at all to be linked to pictures you take. If you took it, presumably you weren't blackout drunk and will remember where it was anyway.

Reactions: LadyLuna
I've heard people talking about instagrams, and I've never bothered reading up on it to learn what it really is. So it's really just taking pictures on your cell phone? Yeah, I'm not really a fan of the camera phone pics thing...lol. Occasionally I'll use my phone to snap a picture of OTHER people/items (but not pics of myself), but I like to do my picture taking on my Logitech HD cam. :)

But I'm glad you posted this so that other instagram users know what they're dealing with.

Reactions: Nordling
SoTxBob said:
Isn't this related to the Geo-tagging that has made so much buzz last few months here?
Basically. A lot of people don't realise their phone (and camera, it's becoming more popular with those) will add location data to their pictures. I remember i came across a forum with a thread using the exif data to find the rough area photos were taken, of course it turned into a 'find where girls lived' thread.

SoTxBob said:
why its necessary for any location info at all to be linked to pictures you take.
For the general population, it's not necessary at all. I can understand when it comes down to science or geography research and projects as they can add the exact location of something but i'm never going to need the GPS co-ordinates for any pictures i take and most people won't.

The_Brown_Fox said:
I've heard people talking about instagrams, and I've never bothered reading up on it to learn what it really is. So it's really just taking pictures on your cell phone?
Basically. It has filters to give it a certain look and then posts it to their servers so they can be viewed via their Apps and website.

As for tracking a location via these pictures, this is nothing new. This service is just integrated with Instagram to make it easy. I always turn Geotagging of pictures off on my phones... because I know to look for it and do so. Exif data has a LOT of information you probably never knew you were sharing with people. Even if you used a device that doesn't utilize geotagging, a surprisingly high amount of information is stored in Exif data and some of it is pretty cool without being quite so creepy. Jeffrey's Exif Viewer is the site I always use to double check my pictures before I host/send them somewhere to make sure they don't have exif data I don't want getting out there.

I went to the site and tried it out, and it is way too boring for me to use. You can only use it to search for hash tagged photos, and it shows you one at a time really slowly, most recent first. If someone had a mental problem they might be willing to spend days watching that waiting to see if any model they know pops up. Of course someone else may create a better version of that site next week now that they know it is possible.

dougk3454 said:
Jupiter551 said:

They changed the TOS for the advertising section back to the 2010 version so they are not 'currently' planning on allowing use/selling of your photos. Instagram chief Kevin Systrom has explicitly stated (after the change) that "Instagram has no intention of selling your photos."

However, this will probably change in the near future as they are Facebook owned and need to find some way to monetize their usage.

Doug
Yeah there was a huge outcry over it, which is probably why they changed it back. There is little doubt that they're looking for ways to make a buck though.

Status
Not open for further replies.