AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What brings you here BB?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaun__

V.I.P. AmberLander
Jul 16, 2011
When I was new to the world of cam watching I was greatly lacking in knowledge about how cam sites worked. I tipped my model friends, but I felt a desire to do helpful things that were not money related.

I am not very materialistic, and just giving money feels hollow to me. Time though is very important to me, since I have so little of it. So when I noticed the mystery that cam scores are I decided to research it to learn more, and make myself a useful member.

I am somewhat competent in online researching, and quickly ended up in a multipage thread on ACF that was discussing it. As I lurked I decided there were some interesting people here, and I wanted to stick around as a member.

I never could convince my friend that ranking and admiring were unrelated to cam scores, but I did find a nice place to hang out. What brought the rest of you here, and why did you decide to stay?

yUe4HSO.jpg

I don't remember why I joined, I saw Amber post about it being a model friendly forum on Twitter and decided it would be pretty neat to join up and chat around. Stuck around even after I quit camming and switched to clips because a lot of the ladies and dudes here are awesome. And then fell back down the camming rabbit hole. Ah, endless cycle. :lol:

Also, JimsX that's pretty neat considering the amount of folks that come here to post about scamming and then leave even when people here are like "Yeah, that happens and it sucks."

It's kind of funny, the mysteries of that camscore algorithm brought me as well! Here is my story:

Back in May 2014 a model was discussing ideas to improve her tipping audience base, and by extension her camscore. Like a completely ignorant, impolite, uneducated member with a terrible opinion (read: Things haven't changed!) I foolishly gave her my advice on what to focus on, even though I didn't even have a clue how camscore worked. After the show I decided to educate myself and researched how it worked and one of the first links was for this forum. I then decided to look around this strange place and quickly realized how fascinating and complicated the business of camming was.

I lurked until August when I saw a heartwarming post about a disabled woman that wanted to cam and felt I had to reply. I labelled myself with the absolutely most embarrassing name I could think of to avoid the urge to ever post again, but the itch had been scratched and demanded more attention, so here I am!

TittySprinkles said:
I don't remember why I joined, I saw Amber post about it being a model friendly forum on Twitter and decided it would be pretty neat to join up and chat around. Stuck around even after I quit camming and switched to clips because a lot of the ladies and dudes here are awesome. And then fell back down the camming rabbit hole. Ah, endless cycle. :lol:

Also, JimsX that's pretty neat considering the amount of folks that come here to post about scamming and then leave even when people here are like "Yeah, that happens and it sucks."

Well after reading the thread I realized that I had to take some responsibility for opening myself up to being suckered :p

PS: Off-topic but since ACFFAN mentioned his name, and whenever I see my own name I get annoyed at myself, I wanna say that I have never dated a man (or woman) named Jim. I am not the ex-anything of anyone named Jim. I am Jim. I just do not type well (or proofread before clicking submit :oops: )

I'm pretty sure that I found ACF through Amber herself on MFC, shortly after I had started camming. I had lurked around a few other camgirl/sex work forums before this, and decided to sign up to this one so I could see what was in Models Only. And as it turned out, this forum was (is!) really active and awesome and the people were (are!) cool, so I've stuck around even through camming hiatuses!

I was looking for information for a model friend when I found ACF.

About a year later I joined and was quickly banned for telling models how to do their job. I wanted to contribute to the thing I enjoyed most.

About another year or more after this I joined again. A model I knew who came here was concerning me, deep down am still concerned actually, I wanted to be sure she was ok. In the end she seemed ok, but wasn't sharing so I could do nothing.

From my first time I knew of a few ACF models, but most on my friends list had never been here. As such it was a good place to be open and honest about my experiences camming, especially as I was leaving, so I stayed. I was thinking that sharing would be a good way to finish my time camming.

I am actually on now, and very recently, for a completely different reason. All of my moments suddenly made sense, there is no need to share in anything except the pleasure and excitement of camming.

This seems like a good place to ask... do most of you (esp. non-models) tip AC on occassion as a thankyou for this forum? If you can, you should every now and then, she has done an amazing job with it. I suspect, and she can correct me, that she takes more out of it than she puts in, but she does deserve the occassional thankyou. Even from her trolls :hiding:

Reactions: ACFFAN69
Don't remember exactly how I found out about ACF, but I am pretty sure it was though YouTube. There was one girl I watched in particular on YouTube who had big red hair (like Ariel red) and it was probably from her that I learned about ACF, but at this point, it is a mystery.

I believe I found ACF also trying to figure out how camscore worked ... Then lurked a bit getting a feel of the forum as a guest before signing up to reply on a topic I have close knowledge of and ended up staying, both because the community and because I sort of missed forums and all that comes with them.

I wound up here because I had way too much time on my hands for a while, and spent a fair amount of it on camsites. I saw so many things, and I thought it sucked that I couldn't discuss them with anybody, it's not like you're just siting around with your friends, and go "hey guys, guess what I saw while I was paying some girl to diddle herself on the Internet" I don't have that kind of friends. So, I googled cam girl forum or something like that, and here I am.

I was camming on another site with PlayboyMegan at the time and she had moved on to MFC. She told me I should try MFC but to also make sure to check out this forum. I'm really glad I did because I don't think I would have made a confident transition without it :love2:

I stayed because the community is unlike any workplace I've ever experienced. There are so many supportive and helpful people here. This job can be quite isolating at times and this place feels like a little piece of home BB.

I was led here by perving on Amber on my member account. I checked out her profile and followed the link and it was one of the best decisions I have ever made in my life.

when i started camming i googled something like 'games to play online camgirl' and it led me here! then i got verified as a model and saw all the super amazing info and it was like
neUiGyY.jpg

seriously :love5: this forum made me 100% better at camming and i am so happy that it exists

I was having a bad time being threatened by some crazy dude online, and came here for support and advice. I found that and so much more, and stayed forever. :h:

Miss Lollipop introduced me to the forum when I started camming a few years ago and I do love a good way to procrastinate...

Girlfriend at the time was stripping but wanted to try to start camming so I sent her here because I had been lurking long enough to know that this was the best place to go for camming information and felt Amber and a few others would be good role models for her to learn from. She more or less forced me to join and the rest is history. I stayed because I find this place extremely entertaining.

A member on MFC noticed I would often hang out in other models rooms and they in mine, since we got along so well he decided I was safe to be turned loose on forums I guess. :p

I was considering camming and had no idea where to start a few short web searches and barely informative articles later I found this place. The sheer volume of info is amazing. The fact that its directly from girls and fans makes it even better. Without this site I may never have decided to become an official cam girl, but instead I signed up for MFC today and I am feeling confident and excited. I feel like I'm getting to know everyone as I go through all the posts I can't wait to become a more useful member :D

I was reading as much as I could about camming before I started, and very quickly found myself here with all the info I was looking for and more! I started camming about a month later armed with a whole lot of knowledge that helped me so much

katza_ said:
Googled camming advice of some or another and ended up here.
After getting my model status it was like opening a door to magical wonderful land of babes and interesting topics.
It was very much this for me too. I'm still wading through all the treasures here, but hopefully I'll have something to contribute soon. ;)

I went back and looked at my first post to get an idea what I might have come here for originally. It was in the stickied "Forum hack attempts and password safety" thread. I mentioned how to securely create passwords that were strong against brute force attacks. Yes, I was paranoid about cyber security from post one! Take that mockers. :lol:

Then I posted a couple fluff messages in the games thread, and I pretty much lurked for half a year after that. For some reason at that point I started going hog wild. 4500 posts later and I don't remember how I came to find this forum at all.

:think: Fairly sure boobies were a motivation somehow though.

Status
Not open for further replies.