AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What cameras do you fellow models use to film content?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I use a Canon 70D for all my self shot work. Took a while to save up but I really love it.

I don't make cam related videos, but I do have this camera for my personal life and I use it when I want to shoot something amazing. I have 3 different lenses for it depending on what I will be shooting and a Rode shotgun mic for it too. Both video and pics are spectacular.

But the Canon 70D is quite big and people notice it fast so if you want to go rogue when shooting outdoors it isn't the best option. For those instances I have a Canon G7S and a Sony RX100 IV, both tiny, black, and awesome quality too. The only problem with them is the audio. I actually got the Sony because the Mic on the Canon G7S is on top, right where you put your finger so you cover it half the time without noticing and it fucks up your entire video. But they are both great cameras if you can learn to avoid covering the mic on the Sony.

I think there was a thread like this already from about 2 days ago: https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/t...s-use-to-shoot-your-videos.24759/#post-753517

Shoot video or still? Also what is your budget?

While the DSLR cameras are fantastic and the best choice for professional stills and do an admiral job at video they are very expensive and not new user friendly. If you have the skill, or are willing to learn budget about $3000+ to get a body and a couple of lenses.

I think a better option for most newer shooters is a simple 1080p digital camcorder with decent optical zoom, decent macro mode, and ability to attach external boom microphone. Now your talking $200 - $800 for something you can take out of the box and use. It takes decent still pics too as long as your light the subject correctly. It's just so much smaller, and handier than a full professional rig I think most people will find it more useful. Get something that takes SD cards as they are inexpensive, high capacity, and you can find them anywhere including supermarket or drugstores. Seems everytime we are out of town there is always one tip to get memory cards for one reason or another. Extra points if you get something that takes a very common battery. Being able to loan or borrow batteries during an event is huge.

I'm partial to the canons, panasonics, and sanyo's. They sony's are OK as long as they take SD or micro SD cards. I have since standardized all my electronics on SD and MicroSD. Most laptops come with a SD card slot, I like when things just work together.

Get yourself a decent tripod, a $100 boom mike, and some lights and there really is not much you cant do.

Reactions: SoTxBob
Any Canon Vixia - I just upgraded but the Canon Vixia G20 is used by a ton of clip makers. It was my first "real" camera and I loved it

Status
Not open for further replies.