AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What could I be doing wrong or errr... Not so right?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PrincessPerversion

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
Sep 1, 2014
profiles.myfreecams.com
Ladies, I am in desperate need here! :S I can say that I have absolutely loved my experiences so far on MFC (I'm about 2-3 weeks in) and in everything I've read here! I tried CB too just to switch it up and see which is more fun for me. After only a week of alternating the two, I think I'll stick with MFC. I just feel like I'd rather be part of a sorority house than a coed penetration farm (pardon my phrase, I'm the total opposite of a prude *pinkie promise*) and the spam of the graphics in CB kind of feels like too much!

MFC is definitely where I want to stay and flourish. I've already met some really great regulars! I feel so blessed because they keep coming back and supporting me (maybe not as much monetarily as I'd like however the moral support in some ways is just as sweet).

With all of that being said, here is another 'why me?!' thread. *Giggles* Kay, I was super excited to get my first paycheck from MFC because here is my outlet to work out my exhibitionism and bring in more money from the comfort of my own home! The conundrum is that I feel greedy to impose strict rates on acts and therefore sell myself super short at the end of the night. I offer a lot, like a lot ... a lot! Natural big breast play with lots of tasting and teasing, lubing them up deliciously with flavored lube and licking them clean, clamping, whipping and spanking of my most sacred areas, pseudo blow jobs, penetration and a little DP play. I like to think I have a good sense of humor and even talk techie and games with the guys. SO! They love me but they know at the end of the night that I'm home alone (as in a partner, I'm single- going through divorce) and will most likely deliver the finale regardless of my magic money number being met. I know it's more than the acts, they enjoy my kind smile and eyes, how candidly I divulge their whims, but I think I'm worth more. Like I want them to want to give without me having to beg. What do I do other than talk and sexy little dances between "Give me all your money" & "Look at me!" ??? I know I'm not supermodel material like quite a bit of the top 100 but I know what I have to offer as well... I guess that's the frustrating part.

I devote from 10:30-11pm ish till 2am ish almost every night and I like to think I've built a decent profile! I think the time spent online with low tips has totally tanked my cam score. :( I've made the most from a few of the privates that I've done however I feel like leaving to go private takes away from the room too! I'm afraid to deal with anything but tokens because I want to stay on MFC and in good standing with the TOS. As far as Skype, short of a timer, I'm afraid to get taken advantage of on time and/or tokens.

I do have ideas on the future! I'm going to make a few videos and someday would love to meet another cam girl in my area to get silly with! In the meantime, I'm keeping music to a minimum and talking/playing to the maximum! I feel like PMs are kind of overwhelming but maybe I'm losing out by restricting them? I think the only complaint that could be about me is that I never fully show my stomach, it's definitely a work in progress and I don't want to turn off anyone. I've always been told I'm just paranoid about it but I 'd rather them look at a mostly nude goddess as opposed to that chubby mummy with marks. And by covering, I just mean basically a cincher, lingerie (teddy like), or small tank top from mid waist to pelvic bones but I always do it tastefully. No one has ever mentioned it, which surprises me because I would assume they all want NUDE NUDE NUDE! I need to expand my collection too, I think my new bumbling buzzy (have to force in but oh so love) vibe may be a culprit too... It's a tad emasculating I think?

In short, I'm a hot mess! And you ladies are just... Hot! Help please!?! :h:333 I'm rambling, I'll stop and take ANY criticism! Honestly I want to be better even if it hurts my feelings.

If you don't make your countdown/goal, then don't do your main show. That's the best advice I can give you; the way you're doing things right now, your audience is learning that regardless of how much they tip, they'll get a good show. Nip that in the bud, be more strict on pricing, and if you don't make your goal then smile at the end of your shift and say, "Thanks for trying guys, but we didn't quite get there! Let's try again tomorrow, I really want to do this show for you!" Not wanting to seem 'greedy' is something you're going to have to get over, ASAP. You're not greedy, you want to be paid for doing your job! Nothing wrong with that, and selling yourself short will bite you in the ass in the long run.

tl;dr - Never give anything away for free. First rule of Camtopia. :lol:

GemmaMoore said:
If you don't make your countdown/goal, then don't do your main show. That's the best advice I can give you; the way you're doing things right now, your audience is learning that regardless of how much they tip, they'll get a good show. Nip that in the bud, be more strict on pricing, and if you don't make your goal then smile at the end of your shift and say, "Thanks for trying guys, but we didn't quite get there! Let's try again tomorrow, I really want to do this show for you!" Not wanting to seem 'greedy' is something you're going to have to get over, ASAP. You're not greedy, you want to be paid for doing your job! Nothing wrong with that, and selling yourself short will bite you in the ass in the long run.

tl;dr - Never give anything away for free. First rule of Camtopia. :lol:

Gemma, You are so awesome! In a strange way, I already kind of knew that was wrong but didn't comprehend how much. Thanks for the input!

Yep, I was on MFC for 1.5 years and I killed it by giving out too much for free. If you love MFC and want to make it work, you're going to have to learn how to say no. If they don't work to kill the countdown, they don't get the show. By giving them the show anyway, you'll condition them to tip you little or nothing and that you'll reward their "bad behavior".

If a countdown is taking too long and you don't want to explicitly say "I need money guys", try putting up timers and rewording phrases to encourage tipping.

"y minutes left, x amount left or the show doesn't happen!" (This one is my go to because it reminds them that THEY are the ones that are going to miss out.)

Hello there! I think your dilemma is shared by every new camgirl, me included.

You might have seen that the general consensus is that MFC isn't the easiest of sites to work on for new camgirls. It punishes us by tanking our camscores and burying us under hundreds of other models doing better. So in order to thrive we need the tokens. I've signed up for MFC back in July, but only now I started camming consistently and I also tried another site, Streamate, which doesn't have a camscore system and rewards you with a better placement on the site the longer you stay on. In theory, a much better place to start. But like you, I just fell in love with MFC and decided that's where I wanted to cam.

I went through three phases while doing my research and testing waters on MFC: first, I thought about the prices for every single thing I would do, and promised I would stick with them no matter what. That was phase 1. After my first two nights and members telling me I would go nowhere with those prices, which weren't cheap, I reconsidered my prices and decided I would lower them. That was phase 2. But then I didn't actually got back to camming because of a lot of RL issues, and in the meantime I thought... wait, I have a job, MFC won't be my main income... why am I going to work with cheaper prices instead of doing what I want? And now that I effectively started, I set the prices I want and to the hell with the cheap guys.

If I told you I'm doing super well I'd be lying to you. I'm far from doing well and my camscore is ridiculous by now. I've cammed three consecutive nights without getting a single tip. Nothing. Zero. BUT I'm not getting naked for free either, and while I worry that soon people won't even find me anymore, I'm still doing what I want and sticking to my principles. It gets extremely boring sometimes, and frustrating too, and makes me want to let the boobs out just to see if that will get someone to come to my room. But I don't, and I won't.

If you have MFC as your main income then your situation is different and more complicated than mine is, but I'd say... don't give those guys cheap/free fapping material, especially considering how confident you are in yourself. You know you're worth more, and the guys in your room need to know that too. I definitely think you're going to do really well, because you already have regulars and people who tip you. So go all in!

Thank you Luxy & Allie! Your tough love so paid off! Thursday night I stood my ground and after only a half an hour of disappointment, I logged off! Last night, however, (& perhaps because it was a Friday) I did well without any privates! Well, I did good for a noob. I delivered but only after I met my goal.

Camming is not my only income, I am a medical professional that works 50+ hours but I love the extra income and my ability to get release and admiration. If I hit 1k tokens a few times a week, I'll be more than pleased, because I'm also realistic. Thank you ladies for the help!

Attachments

• earningsgoals.png
    earningsgoals.png
    20.9 KB · Views: 102
Status
Not open for further replies.