AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What did I do wrong on my first CB tip show?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 11, 2017
Hi beautiful cam fam,

So last night I had my first tip show. I didn't get the traffic I got on Wednesday night and I didn't get through 9 of my tip goals. I am not sure what I did wrong. I am not willing to show anything until I get the number of tokens I am asking for. I had on a sexy outfit but only have my laptop cam. I am scared I may not be good at this and I don't want to invest in more equipment only to fail. Can you help me improve my show? I am totally lost. I am including my tip menu. Maybe I want to high on the tip amounts

Attachments

• IMG_0382.PNG
    IMG_0382.PNG
    134.9 KB · Views: 118
You included your tip menu, but not your goals. Goals are different than tip menus. That might be part of the problem?

Goals are countdowns that you chip away at with tips, and tip menus are typically things people drop one tip to see you do. So while your prices aren't bad, the 800tks to see you play with a vibe might be too much for one guy. Normally girls will put that in a goal that they will work on..

You included your tip menu, but not your goals. Goals are different than tip menus. That might be part of the problem?

Goals are countdowns that you chip away at with tips, and tip menus are typically things people drop one tip to see you do. So while your prices aren't bad, the 800tks to see you play with a vibe might be too much for one guy. Normally girls will put that in a goal that they will work on..
Thank you so much sister! I just need to learn more about how to use these apps and bots. Having this community is the only thing that has really made me feel comfortable and start to understanding. I can't thank you enough for your response.

Thank you for breaking this down! It's simple but it took me like a week to figure this out haha.

From a member's perspective...

Spank: About right for three spanks. Might want to clarify how many, and if you have paddle, might be separate price such as 5tkns more for paddle.
Tongue: Have never seen this before. Might be a bit high depending upon what you do. If it is just sticking it out as in :p then high. But, if you do something a little seductive, might be about right.
Cum show: Usually a goal, unless it's "instant cum show" then might be okay
Feet: 30-50 is about average
Spread ass: Might be a bit high, rarely do I see this as a tip item
Flash tits: okay
Flash pussy: okay
"Play" items: might be okay. Would suggest stating time limit though. This could be extended if people keep tipping...

Overall, I think your prices are generally there. Some minor tweaking, and clarifications. But, ultimately is up to you.

As @Miss_Lollipop suggested, there are differences between goals and tip items, some of which may cross boundaries at various times.

Sometimes, it's just finding the right people to get into your room and make it a success compared to other nights. While I don't think you should compromise yourself, and do anything before goals are met. But, sometimes, a flash here or there, or a very teasing near flash might get someone to tip. It's all in how you sell it, and can tempt the members.

Another thing to think about is with being a relative new model, some people might have issues with prices. If you find you just aren't getting the tipping you think, it could be that you may need to temporarily drop prices a little. Then, once a little more established, bring them back up again. Kind of like a "New Model" incentive, if you will.

Thank you for breaking this down! It's simple but it took me like a week to figure this out haha.

No problem! I could see that could be a confusing thing if you were just starting out.

I'm gonna break this down just a little further for any newbies reading that might be confused still

Goals are not typically things you need to make graphics or anything for on your profile. These will change day to day. On token based camsites like MFC or chaturbate you'll log on and set a 'countdown' - lets say your first 'goal' will be 'topless". And you want 800tks to take your top off total. You set that up, and every tip a member makes deducts from that countdown until its at zero and you take your top off and put up another goal like "naked" or "cumshow". You can vary your goals day to day based on what you want to do on cam, how many shows, what kinds of things etc.

It's important to chose amounts that you are comfortable with and that are reasonably achievable by your chatroom, working together as a group within the time you have to spend online. If you want to do a cumshow but your price of 6000tks seems too high, try breaking it up into smaller goals. Toplless, then Naked, then "dancing" then cum show. This will ease the sticker shock, and provide mini rewards as the countdown progresses. As each one finishes, you can put up a new one.

Some models count every single tip towards goal countdowns. That means if you make a video purchase or buy a picture set or a raffle ticket, these purchases come off the overall countdown as well. Some models dont.

Most models count tips for things like flashes and such no matter what to the countdown.

The important thing is to be clear, if some types of tips wont be counted to countdowns what those are. (I dont' count things like skype shows, panty sales, custom video orders - anything where i have to do more work offline, but i do count things like video sales and raffle tickets)

Tip menus are like your 'instant gratification' things. Things that people dont have to drop a huge amount of tokens for, and can quickly get a thrill from. These are ONE TIME TIPS so if you charge 30tks to watch someones cam - you don't add up their tips to 30 tokens. They drop a single tip of 30 tokens AND THAT means you do the thing right then and there.

The good thing about having a goal/countdown is that its a group effort, no one person has to fund an entire show. It gets the whole room working together to help clear higher amounts and make a show. The downside is, they have to wait for the goal to be met, and sometimes they wont be met. So having a tip menu can help them feel like they're getting something for their tips right away, while they wait. This can be especially important when you're starting out and may not have a lot of other things to sell or offer like content and so forth.

Pricing when you're new:

-Think about what you're comfortable making for an action or show.
-Think about what the member pays. Would you pay that amount to see that? (for example, in the tip menu the original poster provided ass spreading is 600tks. that costs a member roughly $50-$60 and that does seem a little high to see what is essentially an asshole flash.)
-Think about your brand. If you're new this might be a little tricky, but what i'm getting at is if you're going for a high-class-exclusive-expensive vibe the ass spread for 600tks might work. But if you're trying to attract tippers of all levels, it might not. Price yourself for the customers you want to attract. In most cases unless you're working a specific niche market, this will mean trying to appeal to a broad group and provide options for services at lots of different price points.
-Comparison shop. check out other models pricing and see if it compares. It will vary widely so don't just look at 5 profiles and stop there.
-If in doubt, start higher. It's much easier to lower prices if something isn't working/selling than it is to raise them. There are some that disagree and say you should start low and slowly raise prices but I really found that hard to do as a new model. If you do want to start low, you can always say "new model special price" or something similar that implies that this price WILL go up in future.

Last edited:
You should also see if you can get an amazon gift card from a viewer. If they like what they see they'll be very inclined to help you get a new cam. Honestly though you can get a decent one at Walmart for like 20 bucks. That's what I used for quite a while. It's not what you want long term but it's worth the small investment I promise you.

Reactions: KarlaKaress

Spank: About right for three spanks. Might want to clarify how many, and if you have paddle, might be separate price such as 5tkns more for paddle.
Tongue: Have never seen this before. Might be a bit high depending upon what you do. If it is just sticking it out as in :p then high. But, if you do something a little seductive, might be about right.
"Play" items: might be okay. Would suggest stating time limit though. This could be extended if people keep tipping...

Overall, I think your prices are generally there. Some minor tweaking, and clarifications. But, ultimately is up to you.

As @Miss_Lollipop suggested, there are differences between goals and tip items, some of which may cross boundaries at various times.

Sometimes, it's just finding the right people to get into your room and make it a success compared to other nights. While I don't think you should compromise yourself, and do anything before goals are met. But, sometimes, a flash here or there, or a very teasing near flash might get someone to tip. It's all in how you sell it, and can tempt the members.

Another thing to think about is with being a relative new model, some people might have issues with prices. If you find you just aren't getting the tipping you think, it could be that you may need to temporarily drop prices a little. Then, once a little more established, bring them back up again. Kind of like a "New Model" incentive, if you will.

I disagree with the flash tits & pussy prices. Those are actually pretty high for Chaturbate. Most models charge 150 or less for flashes. You don't have to do long flashes, though.

Thank you so much ForceTen!!! I am such a newbie and I really want to take this seriously and do it right. I am in my research and planning phase and you have helped me so much! I appreciate you taking the time to help me. I am so thankful for this forum!!

No problem! I could see that could be a confusing thing if you were just starting out.

I'm gonna break this down just a little further for any newbies reading that might be confused still

Goals are not typically things you need to make graphics or anything for on your profile. These will change day to day. On token based camsites like MFC or chaturbate you'll log on and set a 'countdown' - lets say your first 'goal' will be 'topless". And you want 800tks to take your top off total. You set that up, and every tip a member makes deducts from that countdown until its at zero and you take your top off and put up another goal like "naked" or "cumshow". You can vary your goals day to day based on what you want to do on cam, how many shows, what kinds of things etc.

It's important to chose amounts that you are comfortable with and that are reasonably achievable by your chatroom, working together as a group within the time you have to spend online. If you want to do a cumshow but your price of 6000tks seems too high, try breaking it up into smaller goals. Toplless, then Naked, then "dancing" then cum show. This will ease the sticker shock, and provide mini rewards as the countdown progresses. As each one finishes, you can put up a new one.

Some models count every single tip towards goal countdowns. That means if you make a video purchase or buy a picture set or a raffle ticket, these purchases come off the overall countdown as well. Some models dont.

Most models count tips for things like flashes and such no matter what to the countdown.

The important thing is to be clear, if some types of tips wont be counted to countdowns what those are. (I dont' count things like skype shows, panty sales, custom video orders - anything where i have to do more work offline, but i do count things like video sales and raffle tickets)

Tip menus are like your 'instant gratification' things. Things that people dont have to drop a huge amount of tokens for, and can quickly get a thrill from. These are ONE TIME TIPS so if you charge 30tks to watch someones cam - you don't add up their tips to 30 tokens. They drop a single tip of 30 tokens AND THAT means you do the thing right then and there.

The good thing about having a goal/countdown is that its a group effort, no one person has to fund an entire show. It gets the whole room working together to help clear higher amounts and make a show. The downside is, they have to wait for the goal to be met, and sometimes they wont be met. So having a tip menu can help them feel like they're getting something for their tips right away, while they wait. This can be especially important when you're starting out and may not have a lot of other things to sell or offer like content and so forth.

Pricing when you're new:

-Think about what you're comfortable making for an action or show.
-Think about what the member pays. Would you pay that amount to see that? (for example, in the tip menu the original poster provided ass spreading is 600tks. that costs a member roughly $50-$60 and that does seem a little high to see what is essentially an asshole flash.)
-Think about your brand. If you're new this might be a little tricky, but what i'm getting at is if you're going for a high-class-exclusive-expensive vibe the ass spread for 600tks might work. But if you're trying to attract tippers of all levels, it might not. Price yourself for the customers you want to attract. In most cases unless you're working a specific niche market, this will mean trying to appeal to a broad group and provide options for services at lots of different price points.
-Comparison shop. check out other models pricing and see if it compares. It will vary widely so don't just look at 5 profiles and stop there.
-If in doubt, start higher. It's much easier to lower prices if something isn't working/selling than it is to raise them. There are some that disagree and say you should start low and slowly raise prices but I really found that hard to do as a new model. If you do want to start low, you can always say "new model special price" or something similar that implies that this price WILL go up in future.
This is more than I could have even hoped for! Thank you so very much!! I will follow all of the advice I have been given to the T! You are wonderful!!!!!!

Reactions: SouthernRose
Don't give up just yet. The fact that you're asking for help actually is a great sign to me that you're taking this seriously. I know its easy to get disheartened and contemplate quitting altogether when things don't go your way but keep on keeping on. Perseverance pays off! Keep researching, keep asking questions, and don't let a few negative experiences decide your fate. Get out there and kick life square in the nuts if you have to!

Don't give up just yet. The fact that you're asking for help actually is a great sign to me that you're taking this seriously. I know its easy to get disheartened and contemplate quitting altogether when things don't go your way but keep on keeping on. Perseverance pays off! Keep researching, keep asking questions, and don't let a few negative experiences decide your fate. Get out there and kick life square in the nuts if you have to!
Yesss!!! That is exactly my plan!! Thank you so much for taking the time to respond

Thank you so much ForceTen!!! I am such a newbie and I really want to take this seriously and do it right. I am in my research and planning phase and you have helped me so much! I appreciate you taking the time to help me. I am so thankful for this forum!!

Not sure if you saw @EmiliaSong 's post about prices on the flashes. I've seen them at different prices, so hard to ballpark it. Have seen as low as 25 and as high as 500...

Not to be that guy but based on body type I'd say she can command a high amount for flash tips and get away with it pretty easily. Just my two cents tho

Based on body type? Gentle reminder There's a market for every body type that will pay well for what they get.

Based on body type? Gentle reminder There's a market for every body type that will pay well for what they get.

Rereading that I get how it sounds, my bad :facepalm:. All I meant was that some things appeal to a broader audience and therefore price could be driven up because of the bigger demand, not that one is more valuable than the other. Or would you disagree on that? Genuinely curious.

Rereading that I get how it sounds, my bad :facepalm:. All I meant was that some things appeal to a broader audience and therefore price could be driven up because of the bigger demand, not that one is more valuable than the other. Or would you disagree on that? Genuinely curious.
Sometimes with niche markets they can command an even higher price due to rarity. If im someone who is really into asain ssbbw women with hairy pussies... there's only so many cams i can visit tho get that. But i get your meaning and appreciate the clarification

You should also see if you can get an amazon gift card from a viewer. If they like what they see they'll be very inclined to help you get a new cam. Honestly though you can get a decent one at Walmart for like 20 bucks. That's what I used for quite a while. It's not what you want long term but it's worth the small investment I promise you.
I got a Logitech and geez it is so much better. Now if I can figure out how to use both my laptopcam and my Logitech cam at the same time I can show off all my best assets at once

Reactions: SouthernRose
This comment made me smile! Thank you for that. Especially seeing your profile pic☺️
I hope that didn't come off wrong. I just mean it's so beautiful and refreshing to see someone who looks so perfect appreciate the beauty in everyone.

Not sure if you saw @EmiliaSong 's post about prices on the flashes. I've seen them at different prices, so hard to ballpark it. Have seen as low as 25 and as high as 500...

Yeah, I've only seen one model set her flashes at 500 tks, and I think she was a well-established porn model. I'm not trying to discourage you, @Baby Red, but unless you're a masterful mostly clothed tease or an established porn star, expecting 300 for a pussy flash won't get you too many tips for it. Charging several hundred tokens for playing with yourself, however, is well within the site standards for cumshow models

Reactions: SaffronBurke
Status
Not open for further replies.