AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What do you do when....

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hornygods

Banhammered
Apr 28, 2011
United Kingdom
... you've got a regular in your room who tips well, and tips often.... but is a jerk to everyone else in the room? I'm more curious to understand the perspective of those who don't ban and/or ignore these members.

Is it really worth it? If so, why?

Sadly, I'm not one who doesn't ban/ignore members, but I think you won't mind extra insight.

My room is NOT for members. My room is for ME.

When I get online, *I* am looking forward to having fun. I am looking forward to hanging out with my friends and chatting with people, and losing a couple hours without realizing it because I'm having a good time.

I do not sit in my tub and cry before every shift because my members are rude assholes who control my chatroom. I do not feel anxiety before I get on cam because I'm afraid of having a bad time. If some jackoff member is knowingly trolololing, he's getting booted. I do not let people give me a bad time, because it's not about them. It's about me, and as selfish or self-centered as that sounds, it's true. I do not get online to let people walk all over me. I get online so I can do what I want to entertain people.

However, it is entirely possible for a member to be a jerk and it not bother me at all. If a member was engaging in behavior that you saw as rude, I might not see it that way. For example, a high tipper making fun of other members for not tipping. Depending on what is said or done, his behavior might not strike me as rude at all.

I think what you are looking for is, "if a member is high-tipping, are you not going to ban him even if he's being an asshole?"

No. I am going to ban him if he is making my life unbearable. But just because you see one member as being a poo, does not mean the model sees it that way, or you could be reading in to a situation that doesn't actually exist.

That's pretty interesting, thanks for the prompt response Evvie. The reason I ask is because I've met several models who knowingly keeps disruptive members in the chatroom (by their own admission), simply because they tip enough to justify it, which baffles me somewhat. I'll see if there's another response to the thread later :p

For me, it's not worth it. The guys in my room seem like best friends and they actually buy each other things from me. (ex, Bob tips me 450tkns to send a Lip print to Tod) So I make tokens off of them being friends with each other and not hateful.

Reactions: DudeExtreme
This is a topic that is discussed very often in other corners of this forum.

The simple fact is that this job is based 100% off of commission. If we do not have tipping members, we don't get money, we don't pay rent and we don't get to have a life. That's it.

I think perspective is good. If you have a friend who is a waitress, and every night this old bitchy couple comes in for like 3 hours and are rude, disrespectful and all-around asshats - but they leave a $100 tip every night - what would you say to your friend? "Are you kidding?? Yeah it sucks to have to deal with a jerk, but look at how much money you're making! Those old people double your hourly pay, you need to suck it up and keep making that money."

In the cam world, this is generally flipped on it's ass. "Someone who gives you $100 a day thinks he can be RUDE to you? He thinks he gets a RIGHT to your TIME? Ban him. Ignore him, send him shitty hate mail and then let's all say bad things about him on Twitter."

I don't know what members generally think, but even models with camscores around 5k or even 10k might not be making as much money as they think. Models have bills. We can be in debt, we might have to pay for an apartment we don't even live in (yes, woe is me but fuck that apartment), there is a LOT of stuff going on in every model's life that they choose not to share. Assuming that a model is making enough money to survive, and lambasting her for putting up with the guy that's handing over her paycheck, is ignorant and rude. You have no idea how much money she's actually taking home after all is said and done.

If a member is being a "jerk" (and as we have no information on what kind of "jerk" he's being or what the effect is), well, the adult answer is literally to keep putting up with it and working for your paycheck. I feel like in no other line of work do people ever say, "your client is being mean to other people? Drop that sucker right now, you don't need his money! You shouldn't have to put up with the way he treats other people!"

I feel like members only ever bring this up because they feel the model is not running her room to their standards. Unless you're running your own chatroom and working for pay, I wouldn't be too worried about why a model doesn't run her room like you want her to. It's none of your business and she has her reasons.

A lot of models feel like they have to keep big tippers around out of fear of losing income. Personally, I dont take any rudeness whatsoever, so it never really has a chance to become a problem.

I know hornygods is looking for a response from models but this topic hits me right at home. I have been in rooms where a person is tipping an outrageous amount. One in particular comes to mind, hell, I even thought about taking my clothes off for this members tips! J/K... I used to frequent a room in which this member was tipping a couple thousand tokens every night, it was great for the model because her camscore went from being in the 1500-2000 range all the way up past 5000 pretty quickly! Unfortunately this guy was a total ass, I loved going in and chatting with this girl but he would make it almost unbearable to be in there. I am a pretty laid back fella in a chatroom, sure I talk a lot, but I usually get along with just about everyone. I approached the model about this a few times and her response was usually "I am sorry he is like that" or I know he can be an asshole sometimes." After a few times of this I just stopped going in her room.

This is unfortunate but it happens, I have had a couple of girls I just plain stopped visiting because of very "high tipping asshole -members". There seems to be a fine line on the amount of tokens these "high-tipping assholes" bring in and the amount a model will lose because of losing other members.

Don't get me wrong, this isn't specifically directed towards anyone despite any implications that suggest so.

I'll be clearer, so I'll clarify the effects of keeping them around: they manage to cause complete silence in a chat-room because it seems that nobody wants to cause (or be victim of) confrontation. It's the type of member that harasses and flames others for not tipping (e.g. typing in all caps 'WHY AREN'T YOU TIPPING?' etc.) During actual conversation, these members ask absurd questions you'd expect from a basic, which halts conversation too. Nobody else seems to want to tip in their presence either, so a lot of former regulars may leave.

In other words, I could say that the 'jerk' creates financial security in exchange for losing an enjoyable, successful room (or integrity, for that matter). In that hypothetical situation, the model may receive something like a few thousand tokens per day from the member (it may not be this consistent).

The curious part for me is why it flips the table when it goes from a job like waitressing -> cam-modelling. Do you mind elaborating on that, Evvie?

Reactions: LadyLuna
Hornygods are you asking because you're having this issue? If you are, then I recommend not being a jackass. It's amazing how fast it works. :thumbleft:

If you're not the member in question, then my advice is still the same to whomever the jackass may be.

Reactions: JickyJuly
hornygods said:
... you've got a regular in your room who tips well, and tips often.... but is a jerk to everyone else in the room? I'm more curious to understand the perspective of those who don't ban and/or ignore these members.

Is it really worth it? If so, why?

Nope, it's not worth it. I will unfollow/unfriend/ban a MFC member who tips well but acts a damn fool. I can deal with some annoying habits, like a member asking me three times in a row "So, Fox, how u been?" (OMG, dude, you JUST asked me this two other times...lol!). But if you're just some cum stain who has no respect for me and the cool people in my room, then you've gotta go...tokens or no tokens. This is my public chat...not The Laugh Factory. You're not gonna be putting the people I like on blast, just because your attention whoring ass wants to stir up trouble and make people giggle.

We're all supposed to be adults here. It's pretty sad to see MFC members bragging about the number of times they've been banned from models' rooms, and I shouldn't have to tell grown MEN and WOMEN how to act in a chat room.

As LLB said, I also have been a long time reg in a room that was found and inhabited by an asshat with temporarily deep pockets. There were half dozen of us that literally supported this girl in the sea of freetards. This one fella buzzes in, drops his wad and is rude as hell to the rest, [not about tipping at all btw.]
Long story short, all of us stopped visiting her room simply BC of him and her acceptance of his BS. He, like so many others, dropped her in a few weeks when he got bored with his games. I guess you could look at it like wining a lottery.... do you take the one time larger payout and hope for the best or do you take a bit less initially and get payouts for the rest of your future?
:twocents-02cents:

I've had this problem before. I was at a point in my camming where this one paticular member's tokens would make me able to buy groceries, pay rent etc.. or not. So no, I didn't ban him.

As he became increasingly worse to me, and my room - members would stay quiet to avoid confronting him because they knew how badly I needed his tips. I hated getting on cam.

Eventually, the situation escalated. He went batshit crazy on me. And as soon as I logged on without him, my happiness was up... anxiety was gone and my room was tipping. It took a little bit more work to get back to those amounts i had been making but I had fun doing it.

In conclusion, I won't ever let this happen again. However I can completely understand a model who does this. It's very very easy to let the big tippers control you because you feel like you can't do without them. So I hope in a situation like this you'll not condem the model - its a difficult decision to make... banning can create a LOT of financial insecurity and anxiety. If I were SoTxBob .. in the situation he described, I would begin frequenting the model again. Because I feel like models should be allowed to make mistakes and learn from them too..

And there are the occasional assholes I let slip by that are not in my room a lot, so if they want to come in once in a while, drop loads of tokens and prance around the room waving their dick at everyone else .... thats ok for a very short period.

SoTxBob said:
As LLB said, I also have been a long time reg in a room that was found and inhabited by an asshat with temporarily deep pockets. There were half dozen of us that literally supported this girl in the sea of freetards. This one fella buzzes in, drops his wad and is rude as hell to the rest, [not about tipping at all btw.]
Long story short, all of us stopped visiting her room simply BC of him and her acceptance of his BS. He, like so many others, dropped her in a few weeks when he got bored with his games. I guess you could look at it like wining a lottery.... do you take the one time larger payout and hope for the best or do you take a bit less initially and get payouts for the rest of your future?
:twocents-02cents:

Totally understandable. Nobody wants to spoil a model who doesn't even have enough respect for them to control things when someone is being out of line. And it may SEEM like a bigger payout to the model to keep the asshole whale, but in the long run that's going to be your only tipper after a while and will just make you dread getting on cam, thus affecting your income even more. I dont understand why anyone would even take that.

Edited to add: I see your point too MissLollipop! And I agree to an extent. I think if its a struggling model or a newer, inexperienced model a second chance is definitely possible. But if its a model who isnt struggling and also isnt new to the game, personally I wouldnt be visiting her again. For me, it would depend entirely on the situation :)

Reactions: SoTxBob
Evvie said:

The simple fact is that this job is based 100% off of commission. If we do not have tipping members, we don't get money, we don't pay rent and we don't get to have a life. That's it.
Snipped the rest of the post to save space.

You make an excellent point, but there is at least one other thing to consider; how much money are you losing from people that would otherwise hang out in your room but for the one tipper making a general nuisance of himself? I don't hang in rooms without tipping, and I won't hang in a room where there's someone in the room being a douche all the time (or it's more insipid, related form, the guy constantly showing excessive PDA).

I've said elsewhere, it's a difficult position for you models. Glad I don't have to deal with it!

Kradek said:
Evvie said:

Snipped the rest of the post to save space.

You make an excellent point, but there is at least one other thing to consider; how much money are you losing from people that would otherwise hang out in your room but for the one tipper making a general nuisance of himself? I don't hang in rooms without tipping, and I won't hang in a room where there's someone in the room being a douche all the time (or it's more insipid, related form, the guy constantly showing excessive PDA).

I've said elsewhere, it's a difficult position for you models. Glad I don't have to deal with it!

That's precisely what's happened to some rooms I've witnessed - they've lost almost all but the big-tipper, hence the 'dependency' remark in one of my earlier posts. For some models, I'd imagine they'd lose more from losing a great room than what they'd get from that member, even if it's less consistent.

It seems that on the most part, the model consensus would be 'generally not tolerate asshole-ish behaviour unless really struggling.' Out of interest, here's a question though: is there any point where the ambiguous 'big-tipper' can change your minds? If it wasn't 5k tokens/day, but rather - 20k tokens/day, would that influence the decision?

Reactions: LadyLuna
Hmm, getting an even BIGGER vibe you started this thread about yourself, hornygods. :think: Methinks there's something you're purposefully not telling us. Have you been banned from any rooms lately but don't know why? It's possible you were being a turd and weren't listening to reason so banning was the only option. :handgestures-salute:

Reactions: JickyJuly
I have big tippers that I guess could be considered to be assholes to others in the room, but really, it's only towards people that think they know how to run my room better than me, beggars and freeloaders. I don't ban because to me they aren't assholes. They are encouraging and make me feel like my time is worthwhile.

If I am online and nobody is tipping but lots of people are asking for things and my big tipper steps up to say something along the lines of tip for requests, then I'm okay with that. Why? Because if I were to say that as a model I would instantly be looked at like a token-whore and I'd lose the same non-tipping members anyways.

Maybe the model isn't running her room to your standards, but it's not your room to run. It's hers. If you feel like it's going downhill, then click next. If she wants your opinion, she'll ask you for it.

The point at which a model decides a member is no longer worth his tips is up to her. I cannot speak for any model but myself, and because you didn't start this thread about me, I'm not going to try and guess what's going on with the model you are unhappy with.

Why doesn't a model ban a member? Because the benefits outweigh whatever he's doing.

We can all ask, "why doesn't a model ban someone I don't like? She would make SO much more money!" But to even begin to think that question, you have to believe that models are stupid. That model doesn't understand her job the way you do. That model doesn't understand what's going on like you do. That silly model doesn't understand that if she bans her highest tipper, someone else will come rescue her! Sure, maybe it won't be as consistent (because whores don't need money on a regular basis) but come on - she would have to be a stupid cunt to not do exactly what you want her to, right?

I can't speak for what you believe, hornygods, but let me assure you that most models aren't dumb bitches that let men take advantage of them because they're too stupid to stand up for themselves. Surprisingly, some models are able to use critical thinking skills and can judge for themselves what they want to do.

Don't like it? Keep hitting 'next model' until you can find one who will submit to you and run her chatroom exactly how you want.

I don't need all of the people in my room to like each other. They like me and, accordingly, are happy when I'm getting tipped. Honestly, if some high tipper in the room of a girl I was happy to see getting tokens threw me a barb, I'd let it slide. If you have an issue with someone in the room, take it to PM or GTFO. A model's room is not the place to brawl no matter who threw the 1st punch. Unless she's punching, in which case, you lose and further debate is unnecessary.

The way a model's room is run is ENTIRELY up to her and the site.
If you don't like it, there are literally thousands upon thousands of other rooms to go into.
If she likes the way her room is being run, then it's really not the business of anyone else to run it for her.

I'm not trying to be rude, but I don't think you see the other side of this, and its obvious you're posting this about you and a room you've been in.
Also, if you want to run a room by your rules, several other sites allow male models.

Evvie said:
I can't speak for what you believe, hornygods, but let me assure you that most models aren't dumb bitches that let men take advantage of them because they're too stupid to stand up for themselves. Surprisingly, some models are able to use critical thinking skills and can judge for themselves what they want to do.

Don't like it? Keep hitting 'next model' until you can find one who will submit to you and run her chatroom exactly how you want.

Marry me, Evvie, you're so fiesty. :h:

Reactions: Evvie and JickyJuly
Chellelovesu said:
If you don't like it, there are literally thousands upon thousands of other rooms to go into.
If she likes the way her room is being run, then it's really not the business of anyone else to run it for her.

I'm not trying to be rude, but I don't think you see the other side of this, and its obvious you're posting this about you and a room you've been in.
Also, if you want to run a room by your rules, several other sites allow male models.

Evvie said:

I am also feisty in bed. I use salsa and everything.

Bring chips and we will be lovers forever.

just from a premium's point of view, (MFC) for all the premium's in the room, there is an IGNORE function that you can use to ignore anything that the "asshat" says, you don't see what he is doing and you can enjoy the model without seeing the crap he is doing. You click on the persons name and when the popup window appears just click "Ignore User (ignore)" and POOF he is gone from your chat page. hope this helps any member having a problem and wanting to view a model without the hassle. :twocents-02cents:

Evvie said:
Chellelovesu said:

Evvie said:

I am also feisty in bed. I use salsa and everything.

Bring chips and we will be lovers forever.

Spicy! Sounds great!
:dance:

bud9752 said:
just from a premium's point of view, (MFC) for all the premium's in the room, there is an IGNORE function that you can use to ignore anything that the "asshat" says, you don't see what he is doing and you can enjoy the model without seeing the crap he is doing. You click on the persons name and when the popup window appears just click "Ignore User (ignore)" and POOF he is gone from your chat page. hope this helps any member having a problem and wanting to view a model without the hassle. :twocents-02cents:
Taking responsibility for ones' own experience instead waiting for the validation that comes with a model losing money because you're so much cooler and smarter than the rest of the dudes in her room?! Surely, you jest. :lol:

Reactions: Evvie and SylviaDay
For the sake of info: I don't actually stay around in the rooms this happens in, and that's actually missing the point entirely. The thread's nothing about personal preferences.

EDIT -

Evvie said:
We can all ask, "why doesn't a model ban someone I don't like? She would make SO much more money!" But to even begin to think that question, you have to believe that models are stupid. That model doesn't understand her job the way you do. That model doesn't understand what's going on like you do. That silly model doesn't understand that if she bans her highest tipper, someone else will come rescue her! Sure, maybe it won't be as consistent (because whores don't need money on a regular basis) but come on - she would have to be a stupid cunt to not do exactly what you want her to, right?

A - that's not the question. B - no, you don't have to believe that models are stupid to ask that question, but that's irrelevant to the point.

GAWD! You are such a passive aggressive little liar Horny! Everyone can read RIGHT through you.

Fact is, you are unbearably awkward and obnoxious. Chances are that high tipping reg was less patient in dealing with you than the model tried to be until she finally just couldn't take yer stupid shit anymore.
Deal with it, yer annoying and weird!

I'll be clearer, so I'll clarify the effects of keeping them around: they manage to cause complete silence in a chat-room because it seems that nobody wants to cause (or be victim of) confrontation. It's the type of member that harasses and flames others for not tipping (e.g. typing in all caps 'WHY AREN'T YOU TIPPING?' etc.) During actual conversation, these members ask absurd questions you'd expect from a basic, which halts conversation too. Nobody else seems to want to tip in their presence either, so a lot of former regulars may leave.

Dude! That sounds exactly like YOU! Minus the tipping part, at least as far as I was concerned. You never tipped me but holy hell did you like to be distracting and random! You really think the dudes in my room want to hear about your interest in sticking ice up yer ass while I'M rubbing ice on my nipples? Do you REALLY think saying "I hope we don't get any surprises, I've seen it before and it was messy" during my anal group is OK?

You should really just retire to red tube or guest mode because I'm convinced you are incapable of live interaction like a normal person.

/rant

JoleneJolene said:
GAWD! You are such a passive aggressive little liar Horny! Everyone can read RIGHT through you.

Fact is, you are unbearably awkward and obnoxious. Chances are that high tipping reg was less patient in dealing with you than the model tried to be until she finally just couldn't take yer stupid shit anymore.
Deal with it, yer annoying and weird!

Dude! That sounds exactly like YOU! Minus the tipping part, at least as far as I was concerned. You never tipped me but holy hell did you like to be distracting and random! You really think the dudes in my room want to hear about your interest in sticking ice up yer ass while I'M rubbing ice on my nipples? Do you REALLY think saying "I hope we don't get any surprises, I've seen it before and it was messy" during my anal group is OK?

You should really just retire to red tube or guest mode because I'm convinced you are incapable of live interaction like a normal person.

/rant

Liar? I'd love to see something that substantiates that claim.

I recognize that my conduct was bad when I first started, which is why I don't act that way on MFC anymore, but it's quite interesting that you're digging up archives from late Jan/early Feb to argue a point. I rarely make passing visits to your room, so how could you judge my character? Your claims are, by definition, mere assumptions. If you used past-tense, however, you may be right to some degree.

I still don't see where any of this has in relation to a high-tipping regular that has been obnoxious though, unless you're somehow asserting that I'm the one who's high-tipping. I just can't see how you could make that logical leap.

EDIT - hostility will always be met with hostility. If models are going to jump on me with bountiful assumptions and accusations, then you better bet that you'd receive a less than passive response.

Status
Not open for further replies.