AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

what do you think of this ranking? (need to settle argument with bf)

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 1, 2021
Just curious what you think of a #2000 rank. My boyfriend seems to think it's not good, but honestly I think it's great. Considering how many camgirls there are on MFC. I log in 6-7 days a week, for 2-4 hours on average. I find camming very hard and a lot of work.

I think it's great, and if it's making you enough $ to be satisfied then it's fantastic.

Upvote 0
It's a great ranking - I had a month where I logged in only 1 day, think I earnt about 2000ish tokens that whole month and I ranked #9800ish, so I guess that means there are only 10k active models on MFC... so getting #2000 is top 20%!

Upvote 0
Just curious what you think of a #2000 rank. My boyfriend seems to think it's not good, but honestly I think it's great. Considering how many camgirls there are on MFC. I log in 6-7 days a week, for 2-4 hours on average. I find camming very hard and a lot of work.
Tell your bf to try it. Jeez!!

Rank just makes u compare yourself to other models. A better question is exactly what amber said: does it cover what you want and need to make? If so then it's fantastic.

Upvote 0
My bf is hot, I think he'd actually do well as a male cam model haha. But yeah, I never seem to be able to get to the top 1000. Would sure love to have Miss MFC title.

Upvote 0
My bf is hot, I think he'd actually do well as a male cam model haha. But yeah, I never seem to be able to get to the top 1000. Would sure love to have Miss MFC title.

being hot its not a succes garantuee ticket , there are a lot of hot models of any kind that stay on the last page and battle years since arrive to a medium placement , and they must work really hard to mantain themselves there.

sorry to be hush but he should start to see this like real hard job , not like a throw pussy on the screen and become succesfull. because its not like this! He is highly unsuportive to you which its very bad. male models do way way less than female models , so he should be very gratefull you are doing this and you have such a good placement !
do not compare ever yourself with other models , and concentrate on your shows , as long as brings you financially stable good income then do not be hash with yourself over placement.

many of the models that you see them around with a high placement they work 24 hours of 7 :

8-12 hours online streaming , at least 5 days per week
after that they build the social media and stay conected always to their fans , post daily , same for the fan clubs they have .
plus after they close the stream they comunicate and talk from their phones non stop with their fans . This models that everyone envy they are having no rest time , of if they do its very little.

so given the amount of time you stream you are actually doing excellent

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Camming is a hard job and most of the people that are in the top 1000 have been doing it for years. There are a few people that place there early on by being naturally charismatic and beautiful, but that is the exception and not the rule. Some models are at the right place at the right time and manage to be on at the same time as a high tipping member is looking for a model to watch but this is also rare. For most models success in camming is something slowly built up over time, it is a craft and it takes time to learn.

Tell your boyfriend to make a Twitch account and start streaming in the just chatting category four hours a day for two weeks. When he has done that ask him why he doesn't have any viewers and why no one is typing in chat while others have hundreds or even thousands of people watching. There he can get a sfw experience of what camming is like.

I think you are doing a good job, If you don't give up and keep on learning you will get top 1000 eventually.

Upvote 0
Hi again. Thank you for your responses. I absolutely love this community and the support it offers models. It's not like I log off and have a bunch of colleagues I talk to about my shift, so a place like this is worth its weight in gold.

I know I sort of painted my bf to be this unsupportive villain. There are certain aspects of cam which he just doesn't understand. This is one of them. Maybe for a person outside of MFC, saying you placed 1000 they would think, well that's not very good. But anyone who works as a model knows the hours it takes. Heck, MFC even gifts you a bonus for having made it to the 1000.

My comment about being hot was a bit dozy, I agree. Obviously, I know it's only a fraction of the total sum. Like good lighting and a stream, it can only help you. But it's not the whole thing. Not at all.

Upvote 0
Hi again. Thank you for your responses. I absolutely love this community and the support it offers models. It's not like I log off and have a bunch of colleagues I talk to about my shift, so a place like this is worth its weight in gold.
This 1000%, I love this forum and how relatable and supportive it all is, only thing I really wish is that I had some real life friends to sit and chat shit about good/bad experiences to, you're lucky you have your boyfriend you can do that with!
I know I sort of painted my bf to be this unsupportive villain. There are certain aspects of cam which he just doesn't understand. This is one of them. Maybe for a person outside of MFC, saying you placed 1000 they would think, well that's not very good. But anyone who works as a model knows the hours it takes. Heck, MFC even gifts you a bonus for having made it to the 1000.
I don't think he sounds like a villain at all, seems to me its either

1. He's a little jealous you're getting attention from/giving to other men which is only natural and maybe trying to dissuade you a little? Wants you all to himself and trying to convince you to stop?
2. he really truly wants the best for you and is just worried that you might be selling yourself short or not being appreciated for what you're worth on cam you know what I mean? Like he's thinking if you're not making top #1000 and earning whatever they're earning, don't do it at all cos he doesn't want you to show yourself online for "cheap"
Either way it's not up to him, it's your decision of course but I can imagine where he's coming from!

Upvote 0
It's not like I log off and have a bunch of colleagues I talk to about my shift, so a place like this is worth its weight in gold.
That's what we are here for! Everyone needs to vent and chat to people with similar experiences and issues. :)

Glad you're finding it welcoming here.

Upvote 0
Maybe for a person outside of MFC, saying you placed 1000 they would think, well that's not very good. But anyone who works as a model knows the hours it takes. Heck, MFC even gifts you a bonus for having made it to the 1000.

Exactly. 2000 will sound like a really high number to people that don't realise how many thousands of people have a profile on MFC. Plus, as with any site's ranking, the higher you go, the higher the earnings jumps get in order to place higher.

Regarding some comments ITT, I don't think there's enough info to say whether or not your bf is being supportive. To me, it just sounds like he doesn't see the bigger picture, thinking 2000 isn't anywhere near as good as it actually is. I can understand the worry in this thread about your bf not sounding supportive, I think it's a (well intentioned!) kneejerk reaction to make you're being treated how you should be treated.

Most of my boyfriends in the past have been supportive, but disagreed with the way I was doing my business on one or two things here and there. They were saying it because they thought I could do better business-wise. Their intent was good, but since they're not in the business themselves, they don't understand the energy it takes, as you've mentioned in your OP about camming being hard work - and it is! I get extremely fatigued being on cam more than 1-2 hours a day, it's just not something I can keep up with, so I really feel you on this. People who can cam 6-12+ hours a day have an incredible work ethic that I can't wrap my head around.

Upvote 0
From your comments he sounds supportive. I think it's a normal reaction most people have to large numbers. Kind of like telling someone you came in #2000 in the Boston Marathon. Unless they know there are around 25,000+ runners that finish it they don't really know that 2000 is really impressive.

Upvote 0
Does ranking mean MFC share? I can see a cam score but not a ranking for MFC. I can see a ranking for share though.

It is hard work.
ETA; Ok scratch that question, I found where to see that too. Sorry.
If anyone else who's new gets confused, it's under the tab called "Miss MyFreeCams" on the left in your MFC model admin page.

Upvote 0
Does ranking mean MFC share? I can see a cam score but not a ranking for MFC. I can see a ranking for share though.

It is hard work.
ETA; Ok scratch that question, I found where to see that too. Sorry.
If anyone else who's new gets confused, it's under the tab called "Miss MyFreeCams" on the left in your MFC model admin page.
This is how to see your current and past ranks - https://profiles.myfreecams.com/_/ext/miss_mfc - without going to the homepage

edit again: i realize now you mentioned that but hopefully the link helps! hah

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.