AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What is going on with First Choice?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You are crazy narrow-minded, who says I'm a camgirl? And when I originally signed up with Payoneer my funds were in the USA (Bank of America). Payoneer loved tax havens more and transferred their business to Choice Bank. And mass payout companies loved Payoneer and their system was the most economic way to receive money from them.
Then Payoneer created their new brand Firstchoicepay just for the adultbizz.

PS. Off shore banking or having money in tax havens is not illegal. Only hiding it for the tax man is....

You didnt answered at any of my questions i have made you! I have asked you in wich country is the camgirl activity regulated (you said in ur country all adult relationated is regulated) so where is that country? You really blah blah blah bored me....

And all of a sudden, Dan Epstein has lost connection to the ambercutie server :D
He's still here:
Dan Epstein was last seen: Viewing thread What is going on with First Choice?, 54m ago

Hopefully he can offer us some useful help.
I’ve actually recommended he stopped replying in here since the only thing it was accomplishing is getting name called and argued with.

Carry on amongst yourselves doing your own research. It’s not like you believed anything he said anyway.

Hi all I have big breaking news. I created a new user name here because I am afraid i will be targeted by Central Bank who might spy on this forum. Attached is 2 documents that shows it is The Central Bank fault all this time. They are the ones who has been not cooperating with Choice Bank and keep delaying things. Belize is near bankruptcy since they just paid Lord Ashcroft big sums (google about what happened. Central Bank in the past seized Belize Telecom from him just like they seized Choice Bank for their own benefit) and the government maybe trying to steal some of the clients funds by appointing a liquidator.

Old news Agnese, we have these infos from Saturday :)

He's still here:
Dan Epstein was last seen: Viewing thread What is going on with First Choice?, 54m ago

Hopefully he can offer us some useful help.

Dan Epstein is always here to spy.....I see him every day until late night......Luckly he ended to write his idiots comments here. He understood that, for him, is better don't receive other shit from all us.

What help you hope to receive from D.E ???

Ahahahah

There were not many things to (or not to) believe :) His (Epsteins)vague infos were, in my opinion, nothing else than sometimes acting smart and sometimes acting a fool but never ever actually saying something, would it be bad or good regarding this very subject here :)

I could compare him to a jetfighter throwing flares to dodge incoming missiles

And on the other side , Central Bank and ChoiceBank now look like Bugs Bunny and ElmerFudd each throwing the grenade from one to another while we are watching this rather costly cartoon episode :D

Last edited:
Hi all I have big breaking news. I created a new user name here because I am afraid i will be targeted by Central Bank who might spy on this forum. Attached is 2 documents that shows it is The Central Bank fault all this time. They are the ones who has been not cooperating with Choice Bank and keep delaying things. Belize is near bankruptcy since they just paid Lord Ashcroft big sums (google about what happened. Central Bank in the past seized Belize Telecom from him just like they seized Choice Bank for their own benefit) and the government maybe trying to steal some of the clients funds by appointing a liquidator.

Very interesting info. It is a summary of everything.

- So MasterCard does have problems with the adult industry.
- They were allowed to reload the cards until July 2018.
- In February and March, a lot of money was taken from cards. Payoneer customers?

You didnt answered at any of my questions i have made you! I have asked you in wich country is the camgirl activity regulated (you said in ur country all adult relationated is regulated) so where is that country? You really blah blah blah bored me....

Can you read? I am not a camgirl. Are you an FCP spy looking for information.? Who are YOU that I should answer to with private info? I - and others here - have answered enough to you to prove your suspiciously narrow mindset. If you are so bored with us why are you still here?

Can you read? I am not a camgirl. Are you an FCP spy looking for information.? Who are YOU that I should answer to with private info? I - and others here - have answered enough to you to prove your suspiciously narrow mindset. If you are so bored with us why are you still here?

Who asked you if you are a camgirl? You dont give info in what country is the camgirl activity regulated. Then you speak sh*t.

You said: ´´´Since I never hide my earnings from my country and all adult related work is legal here, I have no problem with receiving a wire transfer with all my funds to my national bank account as I told you before.´´

FROM CAPORASO and PARTNERS (Lawyers on Panama)

8939.jpg

The Central Bank of Belize revokes the Choice Bank’s license

The Central Bank of Belize decided to revoke Choice Bank Limited’s license, in what has turned out to be an unexpected movement that has caused serious problems for account depositors, since Choice has ensured that, starting July 2, it will allow cash withdrawals to be made from its customers’ accounts.

The determination of the Central Bank of Belize, made known by the Governor Joy Grant, was produced six months after Choice bank’s problem began. During this period, the institution in charge of regulating the Central American country’s financial sector hasn’t adopted any measures!

In statements published on the central Bank’s YouTube channel, Grant clarified that, with the revocation of its license, the Chie Bank could no longer make international bank negotiations. According to this official, a routine control of the Choice Bank made by the Central Bank at the end of 2017 revealed weaknesses in operations and violations of international banking laws. In April of 2018, Choice Bank’s problems increased, when its licenses for activities linked to pre-paid cards were suspended. At the time, Choice Bank suspended withdrawal of cash deposited account holders.

According to Grant, starting from that moment, the Central Bank of Belize has received an enormous amount of e-mails, with complaints about Choice, made by customers of said bank, but THEY DID'N’T DO ANYTHING. Some even threatened to adopt legal means (the Caporaso & Partners firm). Choice Bank couldn’t present a plan that showed their intentions and capability to resolve this situation to the Central Bank. At the beginning of this week, auditors of the Central Bank entered the offices of Choice Bank to demand information that they hadn’t been able to deliver previously, Ms. Grant, the bank governor pointed out. We now have to wonder why the bank governor decided to take measures only after six months and why did she put the bank in liquidation instead of curating it. She wouldn’t be going to place her friends in the bank to make the account holders’ money disappear, now would she? If there was no action by the Central Bank of Belize during the six months of the Choice Bank’s crisis, why do we have to believe that now they’re doing it in good faith?

After analyzing the data shared by the Choice Bank, the Central Bank of Belize concluded that the actions taken by the Choice Bank’s proprietors and management weren’t sufficient to correct the situation; nonetheless, obviating Choice’s communications where it indicated to its customers that, from July 2, it would have enabled access to their assets. Then, the Central Bank decided to revoke its license and named a “liquidator”, Harry Hassel, who would be supported by a team of assessors, who would probably have eaten up a big part of the assets.

This “liquidator” will have complete power over Choice Bank’s administration. After liquidating the Bank’s assets, Hassel will distribute these assets in a supposedly “fair and reasonable manner” according to legal priorities, Grant concluded, who also clarified that the financial sector of Belize will continue t be as strong as ever.

However, the truth is completely different. The Central Bank of Belize’s little transparent way of acting has aroused strong criticism in the international community and among account holders. The manner in which it proceeded with the Choice Bank aroused many doubts about the banking sector in Belize and will undoubtedly result in a decrease of investors’ trust because of the obvious lack of legal guarantees in this country. We hope that the government will take action and liquidate the governor Grant who has sown herself incapable of complying with the legal functions of the Central Bank.

As you can to read here, the situation isn't so happy. Our money is on high risk now! I suggest you to call and to speak with Caporaso and Partners Office, on Panama. Ask me the direct contact for Caporaso lawyer.
In May a friend of my contacted them. The question was a class action lawsuit. To join it you would have to pay 800 or 900 usd fee in advance for their service. But I think there was/is no guarantee that they could win.
And it is not like such things are done in the USA. When you just sing up a paper for free and when the lawsuit is won the lawyer team takes about 10 % of money won. The percentage is agreed and announced in advance. The rest of the money is shared between participants in equal percentage from the amount each one originally lost

• Helpful!
Reactions: Gigabytes
Dan Epstein is always here to spy.....I see him every day until late night......Luckly he ended to write his idiots comments here. He understood that, for him, is better don't receive other shit from all us.

What help you hope to receive from D.E ???

Ahahahah

There were not many things to (or not to) believe :) His (Epsteins)vague infos were, in my opinion, nothing else than sometimes acting smart and sometimes acting a fool but never ever actually saying something, would it be bad or good regarding this very subject here :)

I could compare him to a jetfighter throwing flares to dodge incoming missiles

And on the other side , Central Bank and ChoiceBank now look like Bugs Bunny and ElmerFudd each throwing the grenade from one to another while we are watching this rather costly cartoon episode :D

You guys don't know Dan. He is apart of this community. The company he worked for closed and he was left in the dark as much as we all were. He tried his very best to help with enough information. He was also doing this *on his free will* because he is such a vauled member of this forum. Be grateful instead of bitter for a change.

Stop talking shit. Seriously.

Last edited:
People, how to fight for reviews on Trustpilot. They sent me this:

Thanks for taking the time to review www.payoneer.com on Trustpilot.
www.payoneer.com has reported your review because they think your review is on the wrong company profile. While we check whether your review is posted in the right place, it’s been temporarily moved offline.

We’d like to help you get your review back online and be sure that it’s posted on the page of the business you wanted to review. To help us do that: Please confirm which domain or company you intended to review by replying to this email within the next 7 days. (Note that there’s often information about the business on the right side of their Trustpilot profile page. This can help you check which business you’re reviewing.)

When you confirm your review belongs on a different company profile, we’ll move it there. Or, if you believe that your review is already posted on the right company profile, please let us know.

If we don’t hear from you within 7 days, we’ll keep your review offline. It won’t be deleted, but it will stay offline until we hear from you again.

I sent them the email someone posted here how payoneer launched they new FCP. and the file showing money transfer from Payoneer to FCP.

THey sent me:
Thank you for getting back to us. Do you have documentation from the last 12 months with your experience with payoneer.com?

About Dan, read all his posts from this topic and try to find any actual answer to any question.
I remember one time, the latest posts. Maybe the only straightforward answer he has in this thread.
But even this straightforward answer makes no sense, because ...
he has been saying 2 months in a row that he is already fired blablabla
then suddenly after 2 months he is "out of a job soon"
And after being asked about that two times(guess why 2 times?) , his answer was he is fired and not associated with any company again
WTF? How is it called? Bro are you good?
And I were banned for calling him out?
What a joke.

Thanks to @Agnes for this press release.

"
During the period of the first quarter of 2018, particularly in the months of February and March, 2018,
notwithstanding that there had been no public disclosure of Mastercard’s contemplations, the Bank
experienced abnormally large cumulative withdrawals of deposits from customers primarily in the pre-paid card
section of the Bank’s business signaling in the view of the Bank the onset of a developing run on the Bank.
"
Some folks knew about "mastercard decision" in February 2018
So... many speculations that were not that welcome here were actually true.

Last edited:
Here is a summary of all the players in this saga based on my opinion:

Mastercard: Get out of the adult business.
Choice Bank: But what about the people?
Mastercard: We don't care about sex workers

Payoneer: Protect the company by splitting adult work related business into its own shell company called FirstChoice Pay. When that company goes under, we can plausibly deny any relation to it

Choice Bank: From the end of 2017 to 2018, realized a huge part of their deposits were from adult work.
Mastercard: You are losing the ability to issue prepaid cards
Choice Bank: We are in serious trouble, Central Bank help us

Central Bank: Belize is a shit country reliant on Venezuela for subsidies. But have you read the news about Venezuela lately? They can barely save themselves. We also rely heavily on foreign deposits. We need to do everything possible to maintain this reputation of being a safe place to deposit money
Choice Bank: There is a run on the bank, please help us
Central Bank: We are taking over everything to protect the country's reputation. Maybe if we get to it, we'll help the depositors.

Honestly, I see here on this forum so much love for Dan Epstein.
In some people it is an unconditional, irrational, mystical love.
As I explained to you several times, I was a journalist and in Rome (Italy) I worked in the past for a Catholic weekly newspaper linked to the Vatican.
Thanks to my regressed acquaintances, I will try to support (through my important knowledge) the beatification of Dan Epstein at the Vatican.
So we'll all happy and happy and no one will be able to question the bright image and the honest and sincere works shown by this saint.
Dan Epstein has always been totally sincere and has helped thousands of people not lose millions of dollars that were going to be stolen by the company that Epstein was working for.
Thanks to always precise and never vague and confusing information, Saint Dan Epstein has always stood out for his good faith and for his courage in always telling the truth to people who would otherwise be cheated and robbed.
In Saint Dan Epstein from Payoneer WE TRUST !!!

upload_2018-7-4_6-4-4.png

Last edited:
About Dan, read all his posts from this topic and try to find any actual answer to any question.
I remember one time, the latest posts. Maybe the only straightforward answer he has in this thread.
But even this straightforward answer makes no sense, because ...
he has been saying 2 months in a row that he is already fired blablabla
then suddenly after 2 months he is "out of a job soon"
And after being asked about that two times(guess why 2 times?) , his answer was he is fired and not associated with any company again
WTF? How is it called? Bro are you good?
And I were banned for calling him out?
What a joke.

Thanks to @Agnes for this press release.

"
During the period of the first quarter of 2018, particularly in the months of February and March, 2018,
notwithstanding that there had been no public disclosure of Mastercard’s contemplations, the Bank
experienced abnormally large cumulative withdrawals of deposits from customers primarily in the pre-paid card
section of the Bank’s business signaling in the view of the Bank the onset of a developing run on the Bank.
"
Some folks knew about "mastercard decision" in February 2018
So... many speculations that were not that welcome here were actually true.

Dan was a support representative, he is not to fault if FCP fails to give him all the answers. He is relaying the best he knows and is allowed to tell.

Direct your anger and bitterness to the appropriate parties instead of an employee with low level of influence.

Honestly, I see here on this forum so much love for Dan Epstein.
In some people it is an unconditional, irrational, mystical love.
As I explained to you several times, I was a journalist and in Rome (Italy) I worked in the past for a Catholic weekly newspaper linked to the Vatican.
Thanks to my regressed acquaintances, I will try to support (through my important knowledge) the beatification of Dan Epstein at the Vatican.
So we'll all happy and happy and no one will be able to question the bright image and the honest and sincere works shown by this saint.
Dan Epstein has always been totally sincere and has helped thousands of people not lose millions of dollars that were going to be stolen by the company that Epstein was working for.
Thanks to always precise and never vague and confusing information, San Dan Epstein has always stood out for his good faith and for his courage in always telling the truth to people who would otherwise be cheated and robbed.
In San Dan Epstein from Payoneer WE TRUST !!!

View attachment 77319

God you are so damn petty. Dan is a member of this forum long before this happened. We have gotten to know him on a personal level. He has helped so many of us with their payments and gave very valuable advice. You are lashing out at the wrong person. Knock it off.

God you are so damn petty. Dan is a member of this forum long before this happened. We have gotten to know him on a personal level. He has helped so many of us with their payments and gave very valuable advice.

And what did I say bad? If you only say "A" against San Dan Epstein banning you for a week ..... if you propose him for beatification are pissed off ..... Go to understand this people!
Ah: "so damn petty" you can tell to your brother, ok?

Very soon, a matter of days, I will leave forever for this forum.
Dressed by Indiana Jones, armed with a water gun, I will organize the last mission of my life together with Chriss, Mr. Funk, Donald Duck, The Curious George, Olaff of Frozen and the useful reindeer Swen.
We will arrive in Belize where we will be welcomed, with beautiful lead balls or with white weapons as the employees of Choice Bank last Friday 29.
Look: we are not keyboard lions, we are men of action (especially Olaff and the reindeer Swen)!!!
I will leave these mental masturbations to all you because now the question "lost dollars" is no longer important for us.
The lost money was in fact reused by Yuval Tal for a reprint in human skin (printed in limited editions) a prestigious copy of the Talmud and of the Jewish Kabbale for which Yuval Tal is totally observant.
Good life to all, we are leaving for martyrdom!
Maybe, one day, in the future, we'll can reach the same holiness as Dan (which I do not hate at all!)
To soon!

Here is a summary of all the players in this saga based on my opinion:

Mastercard: Get out of the adult business.
Choice Bank: But what about the people?
Mastercard: We don't care about sex workers

Payoneer: Protect the company by splitting adult work related business into its own shell company called FirstChoice Pay. When that company goes under, we can plausibly deny any relation to it

Choice Bank: From the end of 2017 to 2018, realized a huge part of their deposits were from adult work.
Mastercard: You are losing the ability to issue prepaid cards
Choice Bank: We are in serious trouble, Central Bank help us

Central Bank: Belize is a shit country reliant on Venezuela for subsidies. But have you read the news about Venezuela lately? They can barely save themselves. We also rely heavily on foreign deposits. We need to do everything possible to maintain this reputation of being a safe place to deposit money
Choice Bank: There is a run on the bank, please help us
Central Bank: We are taking over everything to protect the country's reputation. Maybe if we get to it, we'll help the depositors.
Central Bank taking over Choice Bank to protect country reputation? I am speculating they did that to protect their own wallet with our money. Belize Central Bank lost a lawsuit with Lord Ashcroft and had to pay him big amount, with the finance minister said it took 25 percent of Belize foreign money reserve and it will take 2 years for Belize to recover that money. And the last payment to Lord Ashcroft was paid not too long ago at the end of 2017. So i think the Prime Minister and Central Bank see this Choice Bank problem as an opportunity to steal our money to make up for the loss and to avoid the country going bankrupt. Or the prime minister himself are going to profit from us and make himself rich. The management and owners of Choice Bank and Quadrant has informed and filled case against Central Bank now with US state departments about the forced raids and liquidation and breach of banking laws.
And until now there has been no news and updates from Central Bank and its liquidator and they have not returned any emails. This case is getting worse now we are facing a bigger enemy.

Last edited:
  • Sorry to hear that.
Reactions: Smores
And what did I say bad? If you only say "A" against San Dan Epstein banning you for a week ..... if you propose him for beatification are pissed off ..... Go to understand this people!
Ah: "so damn petty" you can tell to your brother, ok?

This is Amber's forum and she has the ability to ban those whom she wishes. And honestly, she is often VERY lenient in the amount of bull she lets slide and the amount of snark that is allowed to be directed towards other people in the community. If she decided that your behavior crossed a line, a TEMPORARY banning is supposed to allow you to reflect on your actions. By making it temporary, she is obviously giving you another chance. Continuing to attack someone isn't really the best way I'd use that second chance.

There are ways to disagree in a respectful manner, but continuing to attack and blame a member of the community isn't really the way to go. You can disagree with Choice bank, you can even believe that Dan somehow failed you (though I don't see how blaming an employee for a problem instead of the bosses is the way to go, but hey, what do I know!), but if you can't keep from lashing out at another member... Perhaps you should rethink your forum etiquette strategy.

I understand that you are angry. I understand that you are frustrated and perhaps afraid, because who can't help but being freaked out when money goes missing? But taking your frustration out on someone who held little power and knowledge of the situation seems like a poor use of your energy, and isn't going to help integrate you into this community. Yeah, it feels good to have someone to blame for the situation, even temporarily. But I think you've got the wrong target and I think you're going about it in the wrong way. Dan might have been a part of a company that went kaput, and I am DEFINITELY not defending First Choice. But he hasn't been in these forums creating childish images and lashing out at others. He isn't a saint - he is human. But he has always been respectful of other people during his many months here on ACF - and that is why a lot of us respect him. People might feel like his help wasn't enough, but he is just an ex-employee, and tried the best that he could. I try to imagine being in his shoes and I don't think I could have lasted half as long without saying something snarky.

The point is, lashing out does nothing to help, and just runs the risk of getting you banned permanently. Amber's got enough to deal with running this community - the last thing she needs is to have the be a babysitter to grown adults who should know how to interact with other adults, even ones we don't happen to agree with or even like.

This is a community that took many years to build, and even in my time here, I've seen our ups and our downs and our arguments and our genuinely good discussions. We have all sorts of members here, and we don't agree on everything. Belieeeeeve me. But what helps keep it going strong is treating our other members with respect - or ignoring the ones whom you don't feel enhance your experience. And it isn't unusual for people to defend our fellow forum members, because that's how friendship works. I am not saying you have to like Dan. You don't have to like anyone here, and honestly, there's probably going to be plenty of us that you won't like. That's okay. That's what the ignore feature is for.

But acting childishly and being cruel to other members is going to run you the risk of banning, no matter who it is directed towards. It isn't because everyone adores Dan. It's because certain behavior and extreme rudeness isn't super tolerated here, towards anyone. We don't need drama or pettiness or cruelty or overt rudeness. Amber can be waay lenient, but when a line gets crossed, she does often have to step in and put people in the dog-house to cool off tempers. But she shouldn't even have to do that. We're all old enough to know how to treat others - and we're all guests in Amber's house. You can't come to a dinner-party at someone's house and start a fight with another guest who's been acting super chill, while you lash out and be super disrespectful - and then be surprised when Amber tells you why that behavior isn't tolerated. Respectful disagreements are one thing. Lashing out and crossing the acceptable lines of rudeness is another. She's got to keep the party going for everyone to enjoy. She didn't kick you out of the party - she gave you time to cool off and then let you come back. So going right back to lashing out again isn't really the best way to show the hostess that you appreciate the party she's put so much work into throwing, y'know?

I will leave forever for this forum.
Bye felicia.

Guys, keep making this thread about Dan, I'll lock it and bounce everyone involved. The drama and the made up stories are just ridiculous and not usually tolerated at ACF. But I tried to be understanding since you all are in such a predicament with your financial situation.

Use it for your own information sharing for actual FCP/Central/Choice bank stuff or go away. I'll be banning anyone who doesn't respect this request from the entire forum, not just from this thread for a week like last time.

Have some damn respect for my requests as the owner and administrator of this site.

I don't think banning Luca will be great for the forum because he's the one who is working a lot to get some useful info for all.
Dan Epstein works in FCP/Payoneer so I think he should know something more than us. If he want to help ok, if he doesn't want only doesn't reply here because many people are angry cause of the money.
I called FCP support and they don't know anything about this story ( maybe they think I'm retarded), Choice bank doesn't reply, Central bank doesn't reply, Liquidator doesn't reply.
The only replying yet is Ad Kees and I don't know if trust him or not but he's one of the only that can help us.

I don't think banning Luca will be great for the forum because he's the one who is working a lot to get some useful info for all.
Dan Epstein works in FCP/Payoneer so I think he should know something more than us. If he want to help ok, if he doesn't want only doesn't reply here because many people are angry cause of the money.
I called FCP support and they don't know anything about this story ( maybe they think I'm retarded), Choice bank doesn't reply, Central bank doesn't reply, Liquidator doesn't reply.
The only replying yet is Ad Kees and I don't know if trust him or not but he's one of the only that can help us.

Would you like to share with us what Ad Kees says?

Reactions: isitgoneforver
You guys don't know Dan. He is apart of this community. The company he worked for closed and he was left in the dark as much as we all were. He tried his very best to help with enough information. He was also doing this *on his free will* because he is such a vauled member of this forum. Be grateful instead of bitter for a change.

Stop talking shit. Seriously.

Audri, I guess you're a little bit out of touch: Dan is still working within the Payoneer/Firstchoicepay group. You can check it with them if you want.

But we can indeed not blame him for not being on our side. Like I said before he communicates just as much as his company allows him to do. We would all do the same in his position. If not, he would run the risk to get sued by his own employer.

Btw we should all keep contacting FCP. Now that Choice Bank is out of the picture FCP should at least start to do something to get our money back that they are responsible for. It is unacceptable that they have been completely passive for 3 months.

Furthermore, the Bank currently holds deposits of approximately US$14 million with a Puerto Rican International Bank (“PR Banc”). PR Banc terminated its correspondent banking relationship with the Bank however immediately after being contacted by the Central Bank of Belize, inexplicably has chosen to withhold payment of the said US$14million to the Bank. The Bank has initiated legal process against PR Banc with a view to recover the said sum forthwith and has also reached out to the regulatory authorities in Puerto Rico and the Central Bank (which thus far has not be received) for assistance in recovery of the said funds.

I think this is the reason why the wire transfers can not be sent.
Audri, I guess you're a little bit out of touch: Dan is still working within the Payoneer/Firstchoicepay group. You can check it with them if you want.

But we can indeed not blame him for not being on our side. Like I said before he communicates just as much as his company allows him to do. We would all do the same in his position. If not, he would run the risk to get sued by his own employer.

Btw we should all keep contacting FCP. Now that Choice Bank is out of the picture FCP should at least start to do something to get our money back that they are responsible for. It is unacceptable that they have been completely passive for 3 months.

It has been mentioned a few times already, the likely reason the wires are not being sent at this point is the low cash reserves the Central Bank have. FCP or Choice cannot really help now, and if any panic is caused within other Belize banks’ customers that can only be detrimental for us. What we should expect, hope for and try to obtain is a slow but sure release of our funds, if USD 80 million cause such a problem for the economy that it would take 2 years to recover from that you can imagine they might want to protect the cash reserves they still have.
We should all try and be reasonable about this, and try and find a solution that benefits everybody. I am 100% sure there is nothing we can do to obtain an immediate release of our funds. On the other hand, being paid out slowly over a period of time would not cripple Belize’s economy and at the same time that would fix the issue of a huge amount being wired to our accounts.
Don’t cause panic or problems, it will only hurt us.

It has been mentioned a few times already, the likely reason the wires are not being sent at this point is the low cash reserves the Central Bank have.

The central bank will never pay us. That is not the job of the central bank. Or do I understand that wrong? Choice Bank has to provide the money. And if they do not, the bank goes bankrupt. The central bank should only ensure that this is done in a decent manner.

The central bank will never pay us. That is not the job of the central bank. Or do I understand that wrong? Choice Bank has to provide the money. And if they do not, the bank goes bankrupt. The central bank should only ensure that this is done in a decent manner.
Yes but the Central Bank holds a lot of the other banks’ cash, you can also see in the press release Agnes provided that Choice solicited a cash infusion from the Central Bank. This would affect the whole economy, it is not about them wanting to steal our money.

From wikipedia:
[a central bank] examines the banks' balance sheets and behaviour and policies toward consumers. Apart from refinancing, it also provides banks with services such as transfer of funds, bank notes and coins or foreign currency. Thus it is often described as the "bank of banks".

Last edited:
  • Helpful!
Reactions: bbbosic
Status
Not open for further replies.