AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What is one thing holding you back from being succesful?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not having a clone of myself. That would help a ton. I'd have way more energy.

Other than that though and what you've mentioned, I'd probably say for most it's probably the act of finding/making time to do cam related things. Whether it be uploading pics/videos, spending time on cam live, interacting on social media whatever. I mean that's generally what brings in the extra money and followers.

Lack of focus, lack of energy, but mostly lack of morale. I know I can recover from my room emptying as my regs do summer stuff, but damn it's hard to find motivation knowing you're likely walking into another ghost town.

Insecurity.

If I felt more confident in my appearance I think I'd like to be online more and doing a variety of shows. As I am now, I feel so under confident about logging on and showing my body.

I'm working on it though. Eating right and exercising. =)

I am so surprised to read this, I have always thought you are 100% beautiful in and out. And you look so confident on cam I would have never guessed. Keep doing whatever you need to do to feel good and sexy, but just know that you already are.

Lack of focus, lack of energy, but mostly lack of morale.
Same here. Gonna try my best to push through all of that next month though and prove to myself I can still do it.

Yeah there's nothing harder than trying to just motivate yourself to work as a freelancer especially when in poor health (assuming you can even work at that moment)

Insecurity about myself + the lack of morale. Getting online & sitting alone or in a really slow room adds to my insecurities.

For me even when I'm feeling insecure if I had 2 members say "I'll be there" I'd still get on because it gives me encouragement.

I have zero confidence, no experience, and immense anxiety about nearly everything...oh, and members who don't tip, but I'm new and have no following or regulars. So I guess my succinct answer would be "everything"

Chronic health issues that really are minor (imo) but cause enough pain and or nausea that I can't always get on when I otherwise feel up for it.

And... the one I really really hate. My scattered brain. Routine helps me focus and without it my brain can jump from thing to thing. Great for creativity and novel ideas - not always great for production or 'flow'. Still trying to find a good routine after years of being my own boss. It's hard but quitting caffeine amazingly has helped a lot.

Lack of morale, confidence etc. Which stems back to lack of tippers. Seeing people enjoy what I offer, enjoy what I'm doing instantly boosts my morale and confidence as a camgirl. When the room is quiet, and no one is tipping for shows...I start to doubt myself. Its a vicious cycle. :(

Time. I feel like I am working like ten hours a day (a lot of it behind the scenes stuff), and yet, there never seems to be enough time to get done everything I wish. If I could function without sleep, or if each day could have an additional eight hours, I would be a lot further along!

Short attention span, lack of motivation and heaps of self-doubt.
I am a camsite flip flopper. I never can devote enough time to it before I get bored and annoyed. The weird thing is, when I worked full time as a barista even then I cammed more consistently! I do great when I do get my ass online, I just hate how I can never seem to motivate myself to treat it like a job even after 4 years in the industry.

Poor health (food and year round environmental allergies to the max) and anxiety, often heightened by health issues.

This is an interesting question. I love it.

For me it's anxiety, lack of confidence in myself, fear of the unknown, fear of failure, poor health, lack of energy, and lack of time. I have the resources, the social media know-how, and the sales background. It doesn't help that my schedule is all over the place with my vanilla job. Now, if I can only work on the other things and be the best PSO/cam girl that I know I can be.

Lack of motivation which ties in with thinking I just can't do it. I'm pretty confident in some ways but this job is just hell if you're someone who often compares yourself to others. In my head I'm not like the girls who are successful, the ones I admire, so why even try?

I also think that with my personality I would do a million times better with all my eggs in one basket which is what I am trying to do now but the whole time I've been doing this I've had a toe in here, a toe in there and that's a good way to stop yourself from having any major success anywhere. At least for me. Plus, putting all your eggs in one basket is very intimidating and can be risky which is why I think it took me so long to realize it's what I needed to do.

Self confidence, although I'm pretty average sized with big boobs, I have a bit of a tummy going on. I also want to stay as anonymous as possible and the fact that I have blocked my country from viewing me on MFC and don't have social media profiles to promote myself probably doesn't help!

Lack of motivation which ties in with thinking I just can't do it. I'm pretty confident in some ways but this job is just hell if you're someone who often compares yourself to others. In my head I'm not like the girls who are successful, the ones I admire, so why even try?

I also think that with my personality I would do a million times better with all my eggs in one basket which is what I am trying to do now but the whole time I've been doing this I've had a toe in here, a toe in there and that's a good way to stop yourself from having any major success anywhere. At least for me. Plus, putting all your eggs in one basket is very intimidating and can be risky which is why I think it took me so long to realize it's what I needed to do.
This exactly!

I've been spending a couple hours on MFC, see it's not working, go to Streamate, see that's not working either, go to Chaturbate, make zero tokens, back to MFC, etc etc. It's exhausting, it's depressing, and in the end I've made pennies this month because I haven't been focusing on getting and keeping a hold on new members, just trying desperately to make any money at all. I look at the girls in my camscore who have more people in their rooms and I just keep hating myself more and more. I'm awful about comparing myself to other women and I 100% blame my mother for it.

Anxiety regarding time. I get really anxious when I'm running late for my show which often makes it even more difficult to get start (especially on CB).

A few weeks ago, I recorded a video of myself saying something to the effect of, "Emi, you can do this. You're smart, you're talented, you're beautiful, and you're really good at your job." I've watched it twice to motivate myself to go online, and it's definitely helped!

This exactly!

I've been spending a couple hours on MFC, see it's not working, go to Streamate, see that's not working either, go to Chaturbate, make zero tokens, back to MFC, etc etc. It's exhausting, it's depressing, and in the end I've made pennies this month because I haven't been focusing on getting and keeping a hold on new members, just trying desperately to make any money at all. I look at the girls in my camscore who have more people in their rooms and I just keep hating myself more and more. I'm awful about comparing myself to other women and I 100% blame my mother for it.

Make tomorrow the first day of your new life, so everything up to you......
From then it is only blaming yourself....

:)

I think its mostly my race that holds me back. I am a lot more darker than probably most of the camgirls that the members are used to seeing. I look like I just escaped from ethopia but yet I sound like I read and talk with common sense. If you look at our part of the industry and just the adult industry in general, there are not that many really truly successful top African American adult entertainers. The average camgirl is apparently supposed to be white, blonde, and 87 pounds and most members do not realize that camgirls come in all shapes and colors. I have to deal with a constant barrage of racial insults on a daily basis from members and it does hurt sometimes but if I give into the ignorance, I am playing into an overrated stereotype. I am not going to bleach my skin like some dumb motherfuckers do and I am sure as hell not about to turn into a health nut to please some idiots. I want to make the money that the top girls do but that's not worth giving into stupidity and silliness. I been black my whole life and that is not changing anytime soon.

I prioritize my health & well-being over any job- vanilla or not. It's something I've been doing for 4 years now. I never realized how much I did until I became my own boss. I'm proud that I choose what's best for me consistently, however sometimes I realize that in this particular business it can hurt me when I lack consistency. I also bounce around time frames that I'm online. Summer insomnia is to blame for that.

Me. I'm my own worst enemy. I get too caught up in my head and then it's exacerbated when I get on and no one talks/tips. Then I sign off, frustrated. I really do try, but there's only so much talking to myself I can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.