AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What is one thing holding you back from being succesful?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
After doing a lot of soul searching I also realised something...camming in the wrong place. The site you choose has a lot to do with how you cam. If you look forward to work, and are generally having a good time being in a place, you're less likely to hold yourself back.

This is what I am experiencing right now. I am definitely camming on the wrong site so of course my motivation is down the drain and people don't always connect with my hustle.

Reactions: Ivy Adams
What really holds me back is my own laziness. I choose how much I work, and sometimes I make poor choices. I am often stressed/depressed about this--I feel like I need more structure in my life to keep me consistent in camming, making vids, mailing out packages, etc. I am a really bad procrastinator and it's a hard habit to kick.

you fully just described my life. When I DO sign on, I make decent money and am very happy with myself. The problem is holding myself accountable for a schedule and actually signing online. When going out with my friends or spending the night at the boyfriend's house is ALWAYS more appealing than working, it's so hard to set a strict schedule lol. I really need to get my ass in gear and start treating this as full time employment. (after 4 years, lol)

What really holds me back is my own laziness. I choose how much I work, and sometimes I make poor choices. I am often stressed/depressed about this--I feel like I need more structure in my life to keep me consistent in camming, making vids, mailing out packages, etc. I am a really bad procrastinator and it's a hard habit to kick.

Does it help if members remind you of what they are owed? or do you just hope they'll stop so the problem just goes away?

Speaking generally. I'm not quite certain myself when to speak up or if it would just make things worse.

Does it help if members remind you of what they are owed? or do you just hope they'll stop so the problem just goes away?

Speaking generally. I'm not quite certain myself when to speak up or if it would just make things worse.

Personally I always get videos/packages out within a week of ordering, barring like extreme emergencies or whatever.
For me it's just an issue of getting on cam :p

Reactions: Ann_Sulu
Essentially just not having the time. My schedule is cray and then I'm too damn tired, I can't wait until things calm down. I enjoy talking to my viewers but half the time I'm like "Damn guys, wish I could be on more and consistently to catch up more often". I also still have a lot to learn but time and lacking consistency are the main factors.

After doing a lot of soul searching I also realised something...camming in the wrong place. The site you choose has a lot to do with how you cam. If you look forward to work, and are generally having a good time being in a place, you're less likely to hold yourself back.

This is what I am experiencing right now. I am definitely camming on the wrong site so of course my motivation is down the drain and people don't always connect with my hustle.

THIS. SO much this for me. Camming on the wrong site can be a complete mind fuck.

Also fear of the unknown for me. It's scary to push yourself to your limits and then break through them because comfort can be so seductive.

Reactions: EllaGray
LACK OF MOTIVATION !! Its the hardest thing in the world to get up, spend a whole 1hr putting on makeup and doing my hair for a room of 14 people and 13 of them are guests .. But I know camming is all about perseverance, so I'm trying to be hopeful

Smoking pot early in the morning (wake and bake) - so switch to start off with a workout for a more motivated day and only wake and bake once on the weekends
Not coming online a lot - so switch to being consistent
Laziness sometimes - so I'm planning to pull a long shift at least once a week so I don't get burned out, but also maximize my potential
Basic profile maybe? - Need help with that, and should l get it done soon

Other than that, the next thing I have to do is get offline tips by making videos and having a tip menu on my profile (when I learn to do that). And selling vids on different sites as well, launching my personal website, and then watermarking the things I make with that URL for more exposure.

And of course - social media branding, promotions, and fun perks that would get me the following I need
I need to get on social media

My living situation:
It is hard to stream when I live with my family. They are in and out the house, as they work but most my hours go into the evening. By the time they are home, I have to quiet down. I get nervous. Sometimes, I have to log off early or I just can't stream as late as I want because others want to sleep.

My Anxiety:
This is something I never share with my customers or post publicly about. But I suffer from anxiety, it mostly affects my sleep. I have insomnia. I'm constantly exhausted. Trying to balance my sleep, and trying to stay consistent with cam is hard.

No sleep = lack of energy. Not feeling energetic and motivated, I find myself falling off, as I'm so tired and I end up taking time off. Sometimes my Anxiety is bad, I can't bring myself to get on cam.

Logging on late:
I have noticed, if I'm late. Sometimes my traffic won't pick up at all. I have to log on in time or log on early for my shows to pick up.

Demons in my head:
This is pretty normal but when you have anxiety. It can make things 10x worse.

• Hugs
Reactions: Ann_Sulu

Off topic but you were on mfc right?
Where are you switching to now?

Chronic health problems (like many others here) and the cyclical nature of things, mainly the fact that I don't yet have an apartment of my OWN.
(e.g. If I had an apartment I could cam more and make more money to afford the apartment. Or If I had a car I could get a different job allowing me to afford an apartment and make more money.... but I need to make more money first to get either of these things which is difficult to do when you share an apartment with 4 roommates who don't exactly approve of what you do.)

Reactions: Cummie_Bear
As an outsider, I would say: members not tipping...

YES, exactly! That's one of the primary reasons why I left MFC... I felt like it was a waste of my time because it's more "tip driven" than Streamate... I hated it lol

Other than that... I don't spend as much time advertising as I should :/ *runs to tumblr*

Time. I feel like I am working like ten hours a day (a lot of it behind the scenes stuff), and yet, there never seems to be enough time to get done everything I wish. If I could function without sleep, or if each day could have an additional eight hours, I would be a lot further along!

Oh. My. Gosh.
There is so much behind the scene work.. I literally work all day and then get on cam at night and feel so tired. 8more hours would be nice, or an assistant hahaha

Reactions: paige_orion
Life and myself lol. I split my time between work, school, and camming. Plus the hundreds of other little life things I need to do, anything from brushing my teeth to getting an oil change. And sometimes I get too overwhelmed and discouraged so actually getting online is a struggle. I never wanted to be one of those girls who promises to be online at a certain time but then goes back on her word, but I've had to do that a handful of times in the past few months. Even right now, I'm taking a break when I should be focused on camming stuff lol. Lack of energy has always been an obstacle for me. Wish I knew how people can do so much at once.

Streaming: Staying on for more than an hour. I started camming on MFC on the 28th of June for my birthday. I had a raffle, balloons, and so much to offer in my opinion but my camscore tanked after being on for five hours. The next day I bombed even worse. I ask for feedback from some of the more talkative folks AFTER the show. Anyway, my camscore tanked to low 700's then I started only being on for an hour at most and if I didn't get a tip id be off for an hour. So i'd be logging on every hour for like thirty minutes and then dipping out of fear.
Camscore: I think this goes without saying but my camscore is getting to me.
Clutter: My brain is constantly running. Where could I take this to make x,y,and z happen? If I use theater terms what is my type cast role and how do I convey who I am through the webcam without a doubt. I try to do too much all at once. We are our worst critics but I think this holds some truth.
Needing Validation: If i'm not camming i'm constantly working through scenarios and details in my head of how am I going to carve my place in this community. This need to be validated is causing me to lose steam. Ive recently found out I joined at the wrong season which causes it to be slow. I won't give in but it definitely hits the confidence hard.

Of course you want more money, bigger following, etc.
What is 1 thing holding you back right now?
Lack of knowledge and experience in the camming industry. Im only one person thus can only do one pvt at a time. I hear of models making over 10 grand a month. How the fawk! I recently learned that selling videos helps a lot with increasing a models income but what else? I know im hot, all the guys like me and im getting more popular. Still i ask myself how can i be as successful as the next top model. Can someone help me?

Ive only just started camming, but so far lack of energy and time due to my vanilla job.. As well as the moments when I feel awkward/ feel unsure of how to keep things entertaining when my room is quiet. This isnt usually a problem when Im good and caffinated but when Ive been on for a while and Im fading its hard to keep things entertaining without support from my room! Gotta pinch myself sometimes ;)
So I guess overall I would say low energy is the biggest issue for me.

Reactions: Lizbeth Lush
Its like you're living in my head haha. This is how I'm feeling right now, well said :)

LACK OF MOTIVATION !! Its the hardest thing in the world to get up, spend a whole 1hr putting on makeup and doing my hair for a room of 14 people and 13 of them are guests .. But I know camming is all about perseverance, so I'm trying to be hopeful
HELL YES :clap: I find myself having a hard time pushing through to actually get on cam, once I'm on I have decent days but damn doing my makeup, hair and setting up my room doesn't help my lack of motivation. Reading through these has helped me a lot, but I'm still not sure where my problem lies and why it is so hard to get on when once i am on i almost always have a good time.

Insecurity.

If I felt more confident in my appearance I think I'd like to be online more and doing a variety of shows. As I am now, I feel so under confident about logging on and showing my body.

I'm working on it though. Eating right and exercising. =)
I totally understand this! Some nights I'll get on, my cam preview will show up and I'm like......".....hngh....nah" and go back to watching netflix >< Also I love watching other models but sometimes I feel like it makes me insecurities worse :(

Status
Not open for further replies.