AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What is the most annoying thing a model can do?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting. I consider myself a member of MFC and to a lesser extent Streammate, but I don't consider myself to be a member of a particular model's room My favorite term is regular, and generally would call myself half-joking an addict of Model X. I actually prefer the term customer, over both fan or supporter, since I think it establishes the correct tone. There are times when I tip a model either for content or a show. I'm neither a fan nor a support, just horny and a customer is more accurate when it is strictly a transactional relationship.
Before being a camgirl, I was in retail where everyone's a "customer". But, then a waitress and a hairdresser where you NEVER use "customer". Probably just a pet peeve for me, but I think situations that involve tipping make customer an unwise word. Fan just sounds like egomania tits to me. :think: cringe cringe cringe.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
I have heard quite a few times over the years members complaining about models who seem to buy loads of expensive frivolous stuff and go on expensive holidays and then complain about how broke they are while posting loads asking for extra money, and having noticed a model doing just this I can see how it could be annoying, especially as said model clearly has a lot of generous supporters and judging by their miss MFC stats must have made in the last year enough to put them in the high tax bracket even though the hours worked are pretty sparing. There is an element where it's not only a guilt trip doing things like posting a negative bank balance, it's also pretty unfair to expect others to fund your expensive lifestyle by putting them into a position where they're worried you can't survive or buy food (because that's what's been posted publicly), when you're off buying things they probably wouldn't get for themselves. I don't have an issue with models who let regulars know they've genuinely hit hardship, but it is definitely a little bit annoying seeing people who spend what I would see as excessive amounts then make complaints about how broke they are, especially in a sense that they put pressure by expecting/asking to be funded by others by making it a sob story. That's not just models, that shit is annoying in any situation. It could of course be argued that the model might be giving off the kind of "needs to be rescued" vibe deliberately as it's their niche, but I have seen this particular model pulling this with other models, who nicely did help her out financially, though it was pointed out (a bit less politely and not by me) that she was in top 100 at the time so while it was a nice gesture for them to help, she shouldn't really be expecting those who earn considerably less than her to fund her mistakes.

Generally I try not to judge other models for what they choose to do, but I guess I've been there with friends who've done this and have basically used other people like walking wallets to bail them out. I have a close friend who used to do this chronically, it wasn't anything malicious, she'd just learned she could survive that way. She's still not perfect but she makes a conscious effort not to do it now and to stand on her own two feet. I imagine the model who I've seen doing it probably doesn't even realise that it's not really ok to do this, or that she's putting excessive pressure on others to bail her out. But there is already a negative stigma attached to cam models "begging" for tips, and there is a bit of a blurred line with camming where you can throw it out there that you're struggling and people will often happily help you without any pressure being applied, and a model might feel that a member is underpaying her for the attention they get/expect and might put a bit of pressure on them to take them private/tip when times get tougher which wouldn't necessarily be wrong either, but I guess when you see someone crossing the line so blatently and publicly you can see where so many members get the impression that models do emotionally blackmail members for tokens, as it clearly does happen!
I hope that doesn't all come across as really bitchy, the girl I noticed going it seems like a really sweet girl otherwise and I don't think that there's any malicious intent in her case, it just seems, well, inappropriate? And I guess it's also just a little annoying (and insensitive) seeing people in general who earn over five times what you're living off a year complaining about finances.

I have heard quite a few times over the years members complaining about models who seem to buy loads of expensive frivolous stuff and go on expensive holidays and then complain about how broke they are while posting loads asking for extra money, and having noticed a model doing just this I can see how it could be annoying, especially as said model clearly has a lot of generous supporters and judging by their miss MFC stats must have made in the last year enough to put them in the high tax bracket even though the hours worked are pretty sparing. There is an element where it's not only a guilt trip doing things like posting a negative bank balance, it's also pretty unfair to expect others to fund your expensive lifestyle by putting them into a position where they're worried you can't survive or buy food (because that's what's been posted publicly), when you're off buying things they probably wouldn't get for themselves. I don't have an issue with models who let regulars know they've genuinely hit hardship, but it is definitely a little bit annoying seeing people who spend what I would see as excessive amounts then make complaints about how broke they are, especially in a sense that they put pressure by expecting/asking to be funded by others by making it a sob story. That's not just models, that shit is annoying in any situation. It could of course be argued that the model might be giving off the kind of "needs to be rescued" vibe deliberately as it's their niche, but I have seen this particular model pulling this with other models, who nicely did help her out financially, though it was pointed out (a bit less politely and not by me) that she was in top 100 at the time so while it was a nice gesture for them to help, she shouldn't really be expecting those who earn considerably less than her to fund her mistakes.

Generally I try not to judge other models for what they choose to do, but I guess I've been there with friends who've done this and have basically used other people like walking wallets to bail them out. I have a close friend who used to do this chronically, it wasn't anything malicious, she'd just learned she could survive that way. She's still not perfect but she makes a conscious effort not to do it now and to stand on her own two feet. I imagine the model who I've seen doing it probably doesn't even realise that it's not really ok to do this, or that she's putting excessive pressure on others to bail her out. But there is already a negative stigma attached to cam models "begging" for tips, and there is a bit of a blurred line with camming where you can throw it out there that you're struggling and people will often happily help you without any pressure being applied, and a model might feel that a member is underpaying her for the attention they get/expect and might put a bit of pressure on them to take them private/tip when times get tougher which wouldn't necessarily be wrong either, but I guess when you see someone crossing the line so blatently and publicly you can see where so many members get the impression that models do emotionally blackmail members for tokens, as it clearly does happen!
I hope that doesn't all come across as really bitchy, the girl I noticed going it seems like a really sweet girl otherwise and I don't think that there's any malicious intent in her case, it just seems, well, inappropriate? And I guess it's also just a little annoying (and insensitive) seeing people in general who earn over five times what you're living off a year complaining about finances.
There is a top model who had been in top 20 and top 100 repeatedly for many years now that suddenly seems to guilt and beg a lot more lately. It’s really strange to me!

I know we get accustomed to earning and living by our means but it shocks me to see someone who has clearly made what is likely over $300k per year for multiple years suddenly saying she can’t pay her bills.

Becoming so complacent and comfortable with a regular's presence that the model doesn't even try anymore, just expects your $ first, company second.

Case in point: taking a holiday break and having the beginning of a semester get in the way, I wasn't able to go for quite some time. I still opened snaps because why not? who doesn't like sexy pics and stuff? But for someone who has been a regular for 2 years, you'd think you'd get something more than a lame mass "merry christmas and happy new year snap" when someone has your personal number. So I just sent a lame snapchat sticker back in response.

So fast forward to couple days ago and I reply to a snap on a texting app. First time talking in about 2 months. But get met with a large amount of indifference...like..a bratty princess who is passive-aggressive about not being spoiled.

Really isn't the best way to win a regular back, especially when you know he was one of your good tippers. I don't know if I'm in the wrong for feeling entitled to receive more personal attention? I mean, not even a "hey" lol. Just impersonal mass snaps. But I think if you want continued business and spoiling, you should make more of an effort.

Don't know if this is one of those catch-22s like...You haven't been in some time so you can't expect even a "hey" or I haven't been in some time cause you don't even write a "hey"
You know, this really is helpful. I just recently got sober, 3 weeks actually, and I realized that for many years I have been too generic and was not putting in some better personal touches. There is a balance between putting out extra effort, and not having to be available 24/7. I'm really glad I read this today. Thanks a bunch!

She didn’t disappear, you did. It feels kind of pathetic to chase after the dudes who no longer visit us despite us being continually available.
I think you have this a little backwards.
Such good stuff tonight. I don't have to feel soooo bad lol. I do think chasing people who are not showing up is at times a disrespect to their personal time. Again, a healthy balance here is the message I'm receiving. Thankful!

You know, this really is helpful. I just recently got sober, 3 weeks actually, and I realized that for many years I have been too generic and was not putting in some better personal touches. There is a balance between putting out extra effort, and not having to be available 24/7. I'm really glad I read this today. Thanks a bunch!
Congrats on getting sober.

QUOTE="melezouriou, post: 918115, member: 42463"]Falsly advertizing as being able to converse in a language you don't know, "google translating chat text" does not equate being able to chat in a language. :S[/QUOTE]

I agree if it's every dang word, but yeah depends on how well you know the language. I have Spanish on my profile (Streamate for some reason glitched and wouldn't let me put French in). Since the two are so similar, I've told guys who speak Spanish what's up after they ask, and many have told me they understood and have even asked me to do JOI before. I graduated in German as a major, and still have to occasionally use translator for some words. Hell, some days I can't even English.

If they don't come at all close to knowing, then I get it. At least learn how to explain in the language that you have to use a translator.

Side note: These used to be things you could do with it. I remember doing the pokemon ones way back to see if they were real. They were, but Google seems to have fixed that. Thing about the "Suggest an edit" is it can make Google Translator about as legit as Wikipedia. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Reactions: Lollie Berrymilk
I agree with falsely claiming to speak a langue...very annoying. My biggest thing is being called bb, baby, love, dear, and so on. I will exit the room immediately. I also don’t care for a model that just sits there doing nothing, not chatting, and asking for tips...it is supposed to be entertainment after all.

@melezouriou Whoopsie accidentally messed up the quote coding.

I agree with falsely claiming to speak a langue...very annoying. My biggest thing is being called bb, baby, love, dear, and so on. I will exit the room immediately. I also don’t care for a model that just sits there doing nothing, not chatting, and asking for tips...it is supposed to be entertainment after all.

I agree with everything, but the bold. I found over the years that teasing is actually a good way to get money to stop entirely. I started earning 3x my normal amount immediately when I switched this up. As for chatting, there are a few things. 1) The model may (like myself, not get many chatty tippers. 90% of the guys who tip me want to know if I'll do what they want, and simply go private. 2) Members often think that if the model is chatting or doing things, then she's probably too busy. I was told this for so long by members who waited for me to stop chatting that I include the line "If I'm in free chat, I'm not too busy, even if I look it." in my topic.

Most of the time when I'm in free chat, I'm either working on future videos, filling out clip site descriptions, making gifs for the videos etc. Generally if I do anything else while waiting I make waaaaaaaaaay less.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
I also don’t care for a model that just sits there doing nothing, not chatting, and asking for tips.

I feel like us models just can't win with this one, because when we do say hello to you guys by name ("Hi, Tma! How's it goin?"), most of y'all run outta the room so fast it ain't even funny. We could just sit in chat, and jam to some music while waiting on y'all to speak to us, but then there will be that one person who says "You're not very talkative, are you?" My dear, you couldn't be more wrong. Lol. I am talkative as fuck, but most of y'all run for the hills as soon as I smile at you and greet you by name. Probably scared I'm gonna call you out for not tipping or something (I'm not gonna do that).

Sooo...I will continue to sit here, and give the occasional "Hi, guys!" greeting every so often. If y'all wanna be rude and sit in our chat for 3 hours without a hello, that's up to you (not accusing you of doing that, btw).

^This whole thing (what I mentioned above) is why I think it's cool that Chaturbate has an app you can use that automatically welcomes members into your room (and I remember there's another one that lets you personalize the welcome message more). Sure, it's not the same as having us models greet you aloud ourselves, but hey, it's some sort of middle ground, I guess. It sucks when people bolt my room after I say hi. Lol. I don't bite.

Reactions: JennyFae and Picnic
I thank both of you for the reply’s. I find it very interesting what goes on behind the other screen. If someone welcomes me I always respond...and I will tip. There are just some things that didn’t occur to me from my perspective. I guess that’s the difficult part for the models. If you have 200 people in your room they are all going to act differently.

Reactions: yummybrownfox
I feel like us models just can't win with this one, because when we do say hello to you guys by name ("Hi, Tma! How's it goin?"), most of y'all run outta the room so fast it ain't even funny. We could just sit in chat, and jam to some music while waiting on y'all to speak to us, but then there will be that one person who says "You're not very talkative, are you?" My dear, you couldn't be more wrong. Lol. I am talkative as fuck, but most of y'all run for the hills as soon as I smile at you and greet you by name. Probably scared I'm gonna call you out for not tipping or something (I'm not gonna do that).

Sooo...I will continue to sit here, and give the occasional "Hi, guys!" greeting every so often. If y'all wanna be rude and sit in our chat for 3 hours without a hello, that's up to you (not accusing you of doing that, btw).

Yeah, from a member’s perspective, I don’t think there’s a right answer for this. I’m not generally a chatty type of guy - I’ll never be the one who dominates a chat room - but I enjoy a little bit of banter.

The hardest rooms for me are ones where there are obviously established regulars and there’s already a dynamic between them and the model. I feel like I’m interrupting a friends’ gathering by showing up, saying ‘hi’, and tipping for a flash while they’re deep into a discussion about which actor they think played the best Batman or something.

I think in those situations (for me), it helps when the model acknowledges you by name after I say “hi” and kind of “eases” you into the fold with maybe a “glad you found my room”, “what do you think?”, etc. The chatty rooms tend to end up being very entertaining, but can be difficult to break into at first.

Yeah, from a member’s perspective, I don’t think there’s a right answer for this. I’m not generally a chatty type of guy - I’ll never be the one who dominates a chat room - but I enjoy a little bit of banter.

The hardest rooms for me are ones where there are obviously established regulars and there’s already a dynamic between them and the model. I feel like I’m interrupting a friends’ gathering by showing up, saying ‘hi’, and tipping for a flash while they’re deep into a discussion about which actor they think played the best Batman or something.

I think in those situations (for me), it helps when the model acknowledges you by name after I say “hi” and kind of “eases” you into the fold with maybe a “glad you found my room”, “what do you think?”, etc. The chatty rooms tend to end up being very entertaining, but can be difficult to break into at first.
That’s the type of room I’m a regular in. Usually if someone says hi we all say a welcome and if they chat we openly welcome them to the crew.

It sucks when people bolt my room after I say hi. Lol. I don't bite.
It's especially confusing when someone responds to my general "hey, guys!" with "hi bb hru" and then leaves before I can even open my mouth to respond. What was the point of typing anything?

Thanks for the insight on this. That's definitely how my room runs during my normal hours as I have a core group of MFC friends that are always there keeping my chat alive. I always want more new people to get in on whatever discussion we may be having, but didn't think it might be intimidating. If someone could at least say hello in a noticeable* way during the chat, I will try better to get them involved in the conversation.

*Though it is super off-putting when someone by an unwelcoming name jumps in and just says HI. The name Suckmycock342 makes me not want them around, honestly. Also if someone comes in and only says HI but I miss it (which happens with a chatty room) then turns around and gets butthurt that I didn't notice them... another type of person better suited somewhere else.

Just to add my two cents... Don't forget that some models work long hours. Sometimes we need a break! Just because you enter a room that the model is currently being quiet in doesn't mean she's quiet all the time. I know when I used to stream 40-50hrs a week there would be looooooong periods where I would just relax and not talk so I didn't lose my voice or get burnt out. Downtime is just as important as constant discussion in rooms that hang out for hours and hour at a time. :)

And to expand on what @AmberCutie said: sometimes we don't acknowledge someone for a REASON. If that person is a constant pest or a freeloader we don't want to waste our energy on them. Also I tend to ignore invasive or annoying questions at times, it's better to ignore it and move on than feel like I have to respond to everything. Just because we might not be responding to someone else doesn't mean we won't super appreciate a kind tipper's conversation!

Thanks for the insight on this. That's definitely how my room runs during my normal hours as I have a core group of MFC friends that are always there keeping my chat alive. I always want more new people to get in on whatever discussion we may be having, but didn't think it might be intimidating. If someone could at least say hello in a noticeable* way during the chat, I will try better to get them involved in the conversation.

*Though it is super off-putting when someone by an unwelcoming name jumps in and just says HI. The name Suckmycock342 makes me not want them around, honestly. Also if someone comes in and only says HI but I miss it (which happens with a chatty room) then turns around and gets butthurt that I didn't notice them... another type of person better suited somewhere else.

I refuse to acknowledge anyone with the word Daddy in their name lol. Sometimes I just skip the word daddy to piss them off.

I refuse to acknowledge anyone with the word Daddy in their name lol. Sometimes I just skip the word daddy to piss them off.

I call 'em "D". They get off on being called their username and I'm not fond of getting people off for free while I stream on a pay2play site. They leave quite fast when I do that. Though, to be fair, I won't call them that even if they DO take me private, because it's out of my comfort zone.

*Though it is super off-putting when someone by an unwelcoming name jumps in and just says HI. The name Suckmycock342 makes me not want them around, honestly.

Those people totally suck.
2ca36749.gif

Most annoying thing a model can do is leaving other sites open during private sessions. Spies from the site you're on I get. Wracking up bucks on another site, sorry no. First CB tip noise I hear, privates over. Used to put up with it grudgingly, but it has been happening much more often lately.

There is a top model who had been in top 20 and top 100 repeatedly for many years now that suddenly seems to guilt and beg a lot more lately. It’s really strange to me!

I know we get accustomed to earning and living by our means but it shocks me to see someone who has clearly made what is likely over $300k per year for multiple years suddenly saying she can’t pay her bills.

If I'm thinking of who you're thinking of (a blonde) well then yes I can't stand her. She is always complaining if her room is slow, threatens to "quit MFC" at least once every other month after she has a couple of slow days. And slow for her is probably like 10-15K tokens in a day.

Reactions: LunaLamb
If I'm thinking of who you're thinking of (a blonde) well then yes I can't stand her. She is always complaining if her room is slow, threatens to "quit MFC" at least once every other month after she has a couple of slow days. And slow for her is probably like 10-15K tokens in a day.
No, I think I know of whom you speak, and that girl has been bitching and complaining in her room for YEARS as a tactic to get tokens.

Totally different situation for this one :).

Reactions: LunaLamb
How long some of these women get away with camming is beyond me!!

But haha, if the customer says "Hi." to me first, then I go for the general "hi", if I can't say their name. lol. But when I get to know someone, I say their name too dang much. haha. Also, I just avoid the (Daddy/SuckMyCock) names period. I can't say that and not bust up laughing or worse. :| Imagine me: "Oh hi there, SuckMyCock! What's up?" *cringes*

Even slightly acting desperate about tips, gets me nowhere!

There are tippers, and non tippers. Best advice is to focus on the tippers. Not all guys want you to call them out, it prompts some to quickly leave.

Reactions: sexyvanessa4u

Multi-million dollar lifestyles ain't cheap! :p

Really one of the most annoying things a model can do is being negative. Being negative really doesn't give the room a very positive vibe. Even acting excited about tips even if they're slow I really feel does go along way. For starters, it shows that they're appreciated by the people watching their show. You might have to fake it, but I believe it goes a long way.

People only react to what they see and moods spread to your audience.

I can't remember the name (and I don’t want to call her name out or anything), but years ago there was hey young lady that was basically going to get herself banned off MFC. She made a big deal about it on her Twitter and then was in her room cussing everyone out and stating that she needed a reason to harm herself. It was something ridiculous like she was mad because she had a floppy pussy, a prolapsed asshole, etc. Not, that I feel her feelings are ridiculous, but the way she got so depressed over some dick weeds on the internet.

It's about an hour long charade that ended and her apologizing to everybody for ranting and her negativity. I really believe she had been drinking a lot and then going to a hard time in personal life. Maybe, there was some drug use involved, too. It could have just been a publicity stunt to get people to tune in to her show.

I’m a fan of doing things to get reaction somewhat, but it was really kind of uncalled for. I was seriously concerned about her and told her to shut off her cam and call me because she needed someone to talk to. This camming stuff should be fun, and don’t let people change your mood with their negativity.

It was sad, but the saddest part was people were trolling her, poking fun of her, and flat out disrespecting her. You should never treat another person like that. I don't care if it's over the internet. It's still another person and there is no reason for it.

I guess it's safe to say that only cam when you're in a good mood. Whether that be working out before you get on camera doing something that puts your good mood, etc.

This thread was a good read! I liked seeing that some people do like being greeted and some people don't at all, to each their own and it seems like that's a good starter to see if viewer & model will vibe!

As a model, I think it's really annoying to stay on your phone, and not beeing nice with every member or guest!

I greet EVERYBODY that comes into my room at this point-- still easy as I don't get massive room counts. To me, its just good manners and it isn't something I can help. Some say hello, some instantly leave, some sit for 3 hours nights on end and never speak a word. It is what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.