AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What is the most annoying thing a model can do?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
On any cam site, a model who looks frumpy to you is inspiring plenty of others to invest time, energy, and money. There's something for all of our multi-faceted selves-on both the broadcasting and viewing sides. One of my favorite features of this wacky world!
Fair enough... My point was that in general a model who makes an effort to look good on camera and puts on nice clothes will appeal to more people - not that nobody will ever find the other girl attractive.

There are almost always exceptions to every rule, but that doesn't mean what I said is not true in most cases, so: All else being equal, more people than not will chat with the girl who looks more presentable.

Reactions: Gen
"Presentable" comes in all different shapes, sizes, colors, outfits, and even moods. I disagree that your "nice clothes" are what viewers "in most cases" want to see and engage with. There's really no "general"-tastes are are so many and constantly changing; too many exceptions to make a rule.

Fair enough... My point was that in general a model who makes an effort to look good on camera and puts on nice clothes will appeal to more people - not that nobody will ever find the other girl attractive.

There are almost always exceptions to every rule, but that doesn't mean what I said is not true in most cases, so: All else being equal, more people than not will chat with the girl who looks more presentable.
I think the exception to this rule would be that some members on MFC actually want to see their favorite models in their frumpy scraggly "real life" clothes/status sometimes. It's part of the whole appeal of a very social cam site like that.

"Here we have the usually glamorous sexy gleamed up model in her natural habitat. Isn't it FASCINATING!?"

Your point still stands that if a model wants to be on her A-Game to lure new and spendy members into shows she should probably make herself more presentable. But just giving different insight since you're more accustomed to private based sites.

This is not really annoying, per se. It's more like a huge disappointment / turn off when entering a chat room: When a girl has great photos on her profile wearing sexy clothing, etc. and then I enter into her chat room and she's sitting there with no make up, wearing street clothing (jeans or sweatpants, baggy hoodie or anything generally frumpy). Bonus points if she's just sitting there doing nothing and looking bored or tired.

OK, this may be more acceptable on MFC where sometimes models just hang out with their regulars and doing nothing in particular, but on websites where the girl is there to get people into private chat, I can't think of a worse first impression to make.

My highest earning day on streamate, I was wearing sweats and a hoodie. All of my finsubs loved it, apparently. I had my normal makeup on, but I felt like wearing comfy clothes that day. I always seem to make the most money when I'm the most covered up. It may work better as a Domme then a vanilla girl though.

Reactions: Ann_Sulu
I feel it's fair that @briandf255 should be allowed his opinion on what he finds annoying to him (this is a subjective thread after all), but he should probably not be generalizing to the extent of saying that's how all members feel.

I realize posting in a thread criticizing models on a predominately model-centric site comes with its own perils, but perhaps some extra leniency can be shown for a thread such as this?

My highest earning day on streamate, I was wearing sweats and a hoodie. All of my finsubs loved it, apparently. I had my normal makeup on, but I felt like wearing comfy clothes that day. I always seem to make the most money when I'm the most covered up. It may work better as a Domme then a vanilla girl though.

Ever noticed subs tend to spend when less effort is put in? I've seen that pretty often and find it amusing. Not sure if they see it as pampering or that they aren't worthy to see the domme all glammed up. :giggle:

I feel it's fair that @briandf255 should be allowed his opinion on what he finds annoying to him (this is a subjective thread after all), but he should probably not be generalizing to the extent of saying that's how all members feel.

I realize posting in a thread criticizing models on a predominately model-centric site comes with its own perils, but perhaps some extra leniency can be shown for a thread such as this?

Didn't mean to sound attacky (I don't think others did either.) Sorry @briandf255 if it came off that way. I normally try to jump in if there's perspective to be seen on the other side of the monitor is all.

Didn't mean to sound attacky (I don't think others did either.) Sorry @briandf255 if it came off that way. I normally try to jump in if there's perspective to be seen on the other side of the monitor is all.

I don't think anybody was being aggressive in their response, and I think it helps to see the other side for sure. Back-and-forth banter on the internet can sometimes feel like it could escalate easily into arguments over opinions -- sometimes it's hard to judge intent over just written words.

I just know that I've gotten extra nervous when submitting my entries into this thread just because of the nature of it, so just thought I'd interject a little on behalf of the new guy.

"Presentable" comes in all different shapes, sizes, colors, outfits, and even moods. I disagree that your "nice clothes" are what viewers "in most cases" want to see and engage with. There's really no "general"-tastes are are so many and constantly changing; too many exceptions to make a rule.

Then we'll have to agree to disagree, because I don't think that given the choice between a girl in a bikini and a girl in sweatpants and a hoodie, an equal number of men would go for the girl in the normal clothes when it comes to taking her private. Again, I'll say "all things being equal" - meaning that we're looking at two girls who are roughly equal in all aspects (body, personality, size of fan base) except their clothing. Obviously, a veteran cam girl with hundreds of regulars would get more tips even if she just got out of bed in her pajamas and didn't bother to put on any make up than a new cam girl wearing a bikini on her first day and still trying to figure out how to interact with customers.

I think the exception to this rule would be that some members on MFC actually want to see their favorite models in their frumpy scraggly "real life" clothes/status sometimes. It's part of the whole appeal of a very social cam site like that.

"Here we have the usually glamorous sexy gleamed up model in her natural habitat. Isn't it FASCINATING!?"

Your point still stands that if a model wants to be on her A-Game to lure new and spendy members into shows she should probably make herself more presentable. But just giving different insight since you're more accustomed to private based sites.

I agree.. That's why I put MFC into a separate category. It's a more social type of format than the strictly performance-based format on sites where customers pay to take the models into private chats, so looks don't matter as much as the connection between the model and her regulars.

There is no need to apologize - you didn't come across as confrontational at all. :)

I think i've mentioned this before, but it just keeps happening.
models you ask you to tip or go private almost immediately after entering the room.
I had this exact conversation the other day

me:hi
model: hi
me:how are you?
model: ok, I'd be a lot better if you tipped me

All within the first 45 seconds of being in the room. (Technically the only 45 seconds because I left after that)

I think i've mentioned this before, but it just keeps happening.
models you ask you to tip or go private almost immediately after entering the room.
I had this exact conversation the other day

me:hi
model: hi
me:how are you?
model: ok, I'd be a lot better if you tipped me

All within the first 45 seconds of being in the room. (Technically the only 45 seconds because I left after that)

Even if it's the studio people doing the typing for the model, nothing will clear a room faster! It puts the member on the spot and it's very uncomfortable to be on the receiving end of.

Reactions: Fatquack
Nickels add up.

I find "Every token counts and is appreciated" is a good general reminder and saying, but often there can be an unsilent "and some are more appreciated than others" behind it. Which of course is true.

"Every 'token' is equal but some are more equal than others.", to borrow a quote.
Shameless promotion but I have a one token group on my profile! Anyone who joins gets two exclusive nudes. profiles.myfreecams.com/Netiquette

It's called the "Nickel Gang" (*^_^)/

Damn annoying when a model points out to you that you have not visited her room in over a month, when you know that in the 17 completed days in April, she has already taken 7 days off. Not my problem if our schedule don’t match when the model in question chooses to cam that infrequently.

Reactions: Yavin4MFC
Make that 8 days off in 18.

How dare she cam part-time! That slacking hussy! Does her laziness know no bounds?! It only counts as real work if it is over 40 hours a week!

But for real, it comes off as creepy that you are keeping track this closely. If you'd like to see her, have you considered scheduling a private with her at a time that works for you both? If not, I'm not sure what the issue is here. Just tell her your schedules don't line up?

Is it possible she reached out to you to be friendly/sussing out your possible interest in her services and not as an attack or guilt trip?

How dare she cam part-time! That slacking hussy! Does her laziness know no bounds?! It only counts as real work if it is over 40 hours a week!

But for real, it comes off as creepy that you are keeping track this closely. If you'd like to see her, have you considered scheduling a private with her at a time that works for you both? If not, I'm not sure what the issue is here. Just tell her your schedules don't line up?

Is it possible she reached out to you to be friendly/sussing out your possible interest in her services and not as an attack or guilt trip?

Congratulations on completely misconstruing my post. Every part of your post has completely missed the relevance of what I am saying.

My point is very simple. I don’t give a damn how often or how little she cams, that’s her call as you rightly say.

She shouldn’t be complaining though about my lack of visits when she isn’t online as much as usual, that’s the isssue here, that her absence is the reason I haven’t seen her lately, not because of my actions.

I’m pretty offended by the word creepy being used. It isn’t difficult to be aware of schedule, especially when she posts stuff on Snapchat etc. I’m hardly tracking it closely, it’s fairly easy to know how many days she has had off though.

I don’t want to schedule a private here, again you have the wrong end of the stick. My issue here is that she is complaining about my lack of presence in her room, when it’s her schedule that is equally to blame for the lack of us crossing paths.

Finally, when did I ever suggest it was an attack or guilt trip? I am merely quoting a comment she made which I feel was unnecessary, given the situation that I have just described.

Congratulations on completely misconstruing my post. Every part of your post has completely missed the relevance of what I am saying.

My point is very simple. I don’t give a damn how often or how little she cams, that’s her call as you rightly say.

She shouldn’t be complaining though about my lack of visits when she isn’t online as much as usual, that’s the isssue here, that her absence is the reason I haven’t seen her lately, not because of my actions.

I’m pretty offended by the word creepy being used. It isn’t difficult to be aware of schedule, especially when she posts stuff on Snapchat etc. I’m hardly tracking it closely, it’s fairly easy to know how many days she has had off though.

I don’t want to schedule a private here, again you have the wrong end of the stick. My issue here is that she is complaining about my lack of presence in her room, when it’s her schedule that is equally to blame for the lack of us crossing paths.

Finally, when did I ever suggest it was an attack or guilt trip? I am merely quoting a comment she made which I feel was unnecessary, given the situation that I have just described.

Woah man, I was just letting you know how it came across. If I found out someone was aware of me that closely to know the actual numbers off hand, it would make me feel very uncomfortable. I am not saying that you are creepy, just that it comes across that away.

Originally, I was only going off of your last two posts, so my apologies if I missed some previously stated vital information, but the way it was worded made it sound like a one off complaint.

Damn annoying when a model points out to you that you have not visited her room in over a month

I understood this to mean she out of the blue sent you a message that contained the sentiment that she hadn't seen you in a month in her room. Considering you found it to be "damn annoying" it appeared you were thinking she was saying that to guilt trip you into tipping her and coming back to your room. Because I don't know anything about further about what else was said or any further context, I was offering the suggestion (based on the above statement alone) that perhaps she was meaning it more in a "you have been missed and I wanted to reach out" kind of way.

I also feel that (as any reasonable person would) she understand she is equally to blame for schedules not aligning which is another reason I was wondering if there was a misunderstanding.

I wasn't trying to upset you (as I clearly have), I was asking for more information and offering an alternative viewpoint.

Reactions: OldHippy and Gen
More frustrating to see and not really that annoying but the way that so many of the girls market themselves and then seem surprised when they aren't very successful. If you exhibit zero likable qualities except a willingness to get naked for money, don't be shocked if you don't do very well. Plenty of likable people will struggle, I get it, just the nature of the beast but don't become bitter or start hating men if you are the only one to blame for your failures. Not being able to retire at thirty sounds absolutely dreadful but many are their own worst enemies and prevent it from even being a possibility. Frustrating to watch can quickly become enjoyable to watch depending on how miserable and angry the person gets with time. Then I end up feeling kinda bad for getting enjoyment out of watching shitty people struggle. Which is annoying because I don't think I should feel bad but probably shouldn't enjoy it as much as I do. Very confusing feeling.

Damn annoying when a model points out to you that you have not visited her room in over a month, when you know that in the 17 completed days in April, she has already taken 7 days off. Not my problem if our schedule don’t match when the model in question chooses to cam that infrequently.

Is it possible that she was just letting you know you're on her mind and that she misses you? When someone pops into my room that I haven't seen in a while I normally let them know they've been missed. "Hey stranger, where ya been, I miss you!" - I'd hate to think he could interpret that as a guilt trip.

Is it possible that she was just letting you know you're on her mind and that she misses you? When someone pops into my room that I haven't seen in a while I normally let them know they've been missed. "Hey stranger, where ya been, I miss you!" - I'd hate to think he could interpret that as a guilt trip.

If that is what was meant, then why not use the term 'I miss you'?

The comment was posted as a statement of fact. I can't recall word for word as it was a Snapchat that I didn't save, but it did pretty much just state the fact I haven't seen her in a month.

I'm super curious now what her ACTUAL words were. Care to give us an actual quote?

There are so many instances where we models mention something to a member and it's completely misconstrued. Wondering if that's the case here, or if she really was being diva'esque.

More frustrating to see and not really that annoying but the way that so many of the girls market themselves and then seem surprised when they aren't very successful. If you exhibit zero likable qualities except a willingness to get naked for money, don't be shocked if you don't do very well. Plenty of likable people will struggle, I get it, just the nature of the beast but don't become bitter or start hating men if you are the only one to blame for your failures. Not being able to retire at thirty sounds absolutely dreadful but many are their own worst enemies and prevent it from even being a possibility. Frustrating to watch can quickly become enjoyable to watch depending on how miserable and angry the person gets with time. Then I end up feeling kinda bad for getting enjoyment out of watching shitty people struggle. Which is annoying because I don't think I should feel bad but probably shouldn't enjoy it as much as I do. Very confusing feeling.

i just love avatar ... who wants to walk with Alias ?? lol

If that is what was meant, then why not use the term 'I miss you'?

The comment was posted as a statement of fact. I can't recall word for word as it was a Snapchat that I didn't save, but it did pretty much just state the fact I haven't seen her in a month.
Sorry I missed this comment.

I'm still gonna say you might have misinterpreted her intention. Maybe not a complaint at all, but just a comment.

I tell my friends quite often something like "man I haven't seen ya in ages!" when they pop back into my room, and if they ever internally just blamed me for it and were irritated to the point they came to post on a cam girl forum about it... gosh that would suck balls.

i just love avatar ... who wants to walk with Alias ?? lol

We all walk with Elias on this beautiful day. Dude is amazing at controlling the crowd. Really didn't think The Drifter had so much untapped potential.

Sorry I missed this comment.

I'm still gonna say you might have misinterpreted her intention. Maybe not a complaint at all, but just a comment.

I tell my friends quite often something like "man I haven't seen ya in ages!" when they pop back into my room, and if they ever internally just blamed me for it and were irritated to the point they came to post on a cam girl forum about it... gosh that would suck balls.
I have a friend IRL that jokes with me if I haven't called him in a while that I must not love him anymore. I have a feeling such teasing would send the OP into a tailspin of misinterpretation. :)

wow...where to start :) been online for about 6 years cruising for cute girls to give money to. thank you for tips is a big deal...if i don't generally get a TY, i probably start tipping less. I tend to spend 75% of tokens in pvt, but like to tip a few in row as a way to let them know i visit every day and also lay the ground work for potential pvts in the future....it also helps me find the model by going thru the history.

there is one CB model with the sexiest TY you will ever hear...one token, 100 tokens...love just hearing it and i am sure she knows that.

I'm super curious now what her ACTUAL words were. Care to give us an actual quote?

There are so many instances where we models mention something to a member and it's completely misconstrued. Wondering if that's the case here, or if she really was being diva'esque.

I can't remember the exact quote but it was very matter of fact rather than the manner you described in later posts.

This may not be word for word, but it was similar to this. The date is made up in this example, but you get the idea.

'You haven't been to my room since the 17th of last month'

I have a friend IRL that jokes with me if I haven't called him in a while that I must not love him anymore. I have a feeling such teasing would send the OP into a tailspin of misinterpretation. :)

I appreciate I have left myself open to criticism merely by posting. It seems it has become a bigger deal now because people are jumping to conclusions and because I feel obligated to defend myself, it now looks like I'm more bothered by it than I actually am.

When I made the post it was just venting on a frivolous forum thread because it was a bit annoying.

The point that people still seem to be missing is the context that she has questioned my lack of being in her room, when she has not been online all that frequently. As such my view is that because of her actions (which I am not questioning or criticising her for) are a big part of the reason why I haven't been to her room, simply because there has been far less opportunity than normal to do so.

Sorry for 3 separate replies, but I wanted to address this too.

I'm not sure where diva'esque comes into this? I never implied that her comment was demanding, she wasn't even asking why I hadn't visited. But equally there was no humour or playfulness in the comment either. It wasn't any way like your example of 'hey, where ya been'. It just seemed a very cold, matter of fact statement.

Maybe she was referring to a Snapchat repurchase or getting cranky if you have forever Snapchat? That seems to be an ongoing source of disagreement. I wouldn't like someone telling me the date I'd last visited, and it doesn't seem like a wise business strategy (unless it's more in an I miss you tone as KK suggested).

Status
Not open for further replies.