AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What is the most annoying thing a model can do?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree there could be a lot of reasons why a model doesn't thank someone, but I think it gives such a bad impression. When I'm tipping, personally, if a model doesn't say thank you to someone else, I probably won't tip - I like the cute reactions! Maybe it's unfair but I also think finsub stuff (in public) should be approached carefully for that reason.

My annoyance of the day: models who post their MFC links in their signature, but it's their chatroom instead of their profile. Because sometimes I'll click them on my phone, or I'll click and wind up in their room while logged onto my model account!

GenXoxo said:
My annoyance of the day: models who post their MFC links in their signature, but it's their chatroom instead of their profile. Because sometimes I'll click them on my phone, or I'll click and wind up in their room while logged onto my model account!
That, and:

They obviously changed their model name and never updated their link
There's something obviously wrong with the link (htp://, or they have the dreaded / after their model name, etc.)
A broken link to their twitter
Different names (like completely) for every account so you can't find them when the link is broken
Seeing code in signature that needs to be fixed
No links at all in signature so you can't find them
Only one or two links that force you to play treasure hunt (example: you click their only link which is their profile, which only links to their tumblr, which finally has a link to their twitter. Should not be so hard.)

...I just can't understand. Do other people not obsessively check all their links to make sure that it's all working? I consider that to be part of my job...like, the easiest part. :?

GenXoxo said:
Maybe it's unfair but I also think finsub stuff (in public) should be approached carefully for that reason.

I agree. It's also REALLY distracting for other members. I understand it must be a difficult balancing act for the model, though. You want the tokens, but it's alienating everyone else in the room. The problem, I think, is with the members who rather selfishly expect their very specific fetish to be catered to in public chat. Dude, take her private if you're so fucking needy.

VeronicaChaos said:
GenXoxo said:
That, and:

There's something obviously wrong with the link (htp://, or they have the dreaded / after their model name, etc.)
Different names (like completely) for every account so you can't find them when the link is broken
Only one or two links that force you to play treasure hunt (example: you click their only link which is their profile, which only links to their tumblr, which finally has a link to their twitter. Should not be so hard.)

...I just can't understand. Do other people not obsessively check all their links to make sure that it's all working? I consider that to be part of my job...like, the easiest part. :?

Also when there's no link in the signature or twitter profile, then only posting the link to tip me page coded for their account. If the member has no tokens then Mfc only loads a page telling you to buy more. It doesn't give the models name anywhere. So we still have no idea who she is there or how to get to her profile.

JerryBoBerry said:
VeronicaChaos said:
GenXoxo said:
That, and:

Also when there's no link in the signature or twitter profile, then only posting the link to tip me page coded for their account. If the member has no tokens then Mfc only loads a page telling you to buy more. It doesn't give the models name anywhere. So we still have no idea who she is there or how to get to her profile.
HOW could I forget that? Having a twitter with no link to their camroom is the easiest way for me to forget about someone because I (and maybe this sounds silly) start to feel like they don't want me in their room. Especially when it's combined with a bunch of "I'm online!" tweets. I feel like they are speaking to somebody else and they definitely don't mean me.

Also, it's the internet and I'm likely to get distracted before I try to figure it out.

JerryBoBerry said:
Wooow, this actually happens? :shock: I've never come across a signature with only an offline tip link and no profile link. That just seems super tacky.

Sevrin said:
Lil_minx said:
For me it's manners. I've always been brought with the attitude of 'please and thankyou cost nothing' and so i use it in camming plus daily life. When im not online i watch a lot of the models as a guest and every tip they recieve, even if it's 1 token, they are grateful. I watched a new model tonight, with quite a high camscore actually, 4thousand something, was tipped a 3-figure sum. No reaction from her. No emotion on her face, not even a smile. Shame she had guests/basics muted as i was so tempted to say ''AREN'T YOU GOING TO THANK THE NICE MAN??'' Basic manners ( or lack of ) just grate on me especially when models are tipped, whatever amount, or even just getting compliments, and they can't even raise a smile.

Thing is, if you are new to a room, it's impossible understand the room dynamics or know all the model/member histories or whether there's a story behind a tip. There are a lot of stories on a place like MFC. That tip might be from a regular who behaved badly and is trying to tip his way out of the doghouse.

As a member, the only tip reactions I care about are the ones that occur in response to my tips. Everyone else is on their own.

Good points, i didnt think of that, thanks Sevrin and Allison :)

Be pretty interesting, both from profile and what I have seen, but look so alike in both the face, hairstyle and everything else to a really close friend.

I realise that is completely not the model's fault, but it's annoying! Such an awkward feeling.

I know the model is on ACF, and for this I apologise. Maybe I'll come by if my friend is severely disfigured in a car accident or something, if only to avoid making me feel less weird.

Misono said:
Be pretty interesting, both from profile and what I have seen, but look so alike in both the face, hairstyle and everything else to a really close friend.

I realise that is completely not the model's fault, but it's annoying! Such an awkward feeling.

I know the model is on ACF, and for this I apologise. Maybe I'll come by if my friend is severely disfigured in a car accident or something, if only to avoid making me feel less weird.

okHr6pR.jpg

VeronicaChaos said:
GenXoxo said:
That, and:

I originally would tell models when their signature links on ACF were broken, but they would often never fix them. So I started including corrected links for them to use, and often weeks later they would still have the broken link in their signature, despite telling me thank you. I think some people just want to watch the world burn.

39dnEjw.jpg

Fay_Galore said:
Misono said:

okHr6pR.jpg

To explain, there's an MFC model who also posts on here occasionally. They seem cool, and I want to go and hang out in their room. The problem is, they look so similar to someone I know, it leaves me feeling a bit awkward. So in this example, the most annoying thing for me that a model can do is look like a friend of mine.

Completely not their fault mind, but annoying for me!

Misono said:

If it's not the model's fault, and there is a good chance that the model you're speaking of might read this and know that you're talking about her, then why would you even post that??? I'm sorry but I just found your post to be very rude. Forgive me if I'm wrong here, but isn't the whole point of this thread to inform models of things that they can do to avoid being annoying, thus improving their cam shows??? You're basically just telling everyone that there is an MFC/ACF model who you won't watch all because of how she looks. Am I the only one who found the comment "Maybe I'll come by if my friend is severely disfigured in a car accident or something" to be somewhat condescending??? IDK, maybe I'm just over reacting???

Poker_Babe said:
Misono said:

If it's not the model's fault, and there is a good chance that the model you're speaking of might read this and know that you're talking about her, then why would you even post that??? I'm sorry but I just found your post to be very rude. Forgive me if I'm wrong here, but isn't the whole point of this thread to inform models of things that they can do to avoid being annoying, thus improving their cam shows??? You're basically just telling everyone that there is an MFC/ACF model who you won't watch all because of how she looks. Am I the only one who found the comment "Maybe I'll come by if my friend is severely disfigured in a car accident or something" to be somewhat condescending??? IDK, maybe I'm just over reacting???

Maybe we're just not on the same dark sense of humour. A joke comment about my friend being disfigured purely so that I could watch a specific camgirl should not be taken at face value.

The thread is about "What is the most annoying thing a model can do?". In my example, it's having a really interesting profile, coming across as quite a fun person, but having an unfortunate coincidence of looking like someone I know and thus not being able to visit their room. Seems pretty valid to me.

Not everything has to be about change. Not everything has to be advice, because as has been documented many times, camgirls apparently hate when members give advice as it's "telling us how to do our job".

Misono said:
Maybe we're just not on the same dark sense of humour. A joke comment about my friend being disfigured purely so that I could watch a specific camgirl should not be taken at face value.

The thread is about "What is the most annoying thing a model can do?". In my example, it's having a really interesting profile, coming across as quite a fun person, but having an unfortunate coincidence of looking like someone I know and thus not being able to visit their room. Seems pretty valid to me.

Not everything has to be about change. Not everything has to be advice, because as has been documented many times, camgirls apparently hate when members give advice as it's "telling us how to do our job".
OK like I said, I may just be over reacting. Although, I don't see why it has to be weird just because she looks like a friend of yours. Hey you never know, maybe she only looks like your friend in a specific picture you saw. A lot of times us women can look a certain way depending on lighting, hair, make up, or in a picture; then look completely different another time. Hell you might even get to like her personality so much, that it will out weigh how much she reminds you of your friend, and you won't even notice it any more. But you'll never know, if you don't give her a chance. :twocents-02cents:

Reactions: Misono
Poker_Babe said:
Misono said:

OK like I said, I may just be over reacting. Although, I don't see why it has to be weird just because she looks like a friend of yours. Hey you never know, maybe she only looks like your friend in a specific picture you saw. A lot of times us women can look a certain way depending on lighting, hair, make up, or in a picture; then look completely different another time. Hell you might even get to like her personality so much, that it will out weigh how much she reminds you of your friend, and you won't even notice it any more. But you'll never know, if you don't give her a chance. :twocents-02cents:

I usually mouse over the preview images, and I'm not sure it was a one off! The fact that they are one of my best friends makes it too awkward, I guess! When you've known someone close to you pretty much all your life, certain things will trigger subconsciously. It's annoying to me, and I'm sure you're right to an extent, but in my head all it says is that it's just not doable. Unfortunate, and also annoying!

Misono said:

Looking a certain way is just how the person is. It's not an activity she can stop or start, like chewing gum, which is what the thread is about. And WTF is that shit about your friend being disfigured in a car accident? That's pretty fucked up.

I think you're all overreacting a bit- Misono clearly meant his post in a rather tongue-in-cheek way; I don't think he was implying that there was anything wrong with the way she looks, or that she'd done anything wrong.

In theory, watching a model who looks a lot like a close friend of yours may not sound weird, but imagine if you're on MFC for fapping purposes and stumble across a model who looks just like your sister. Considering a lot of people have sibling-esque relationships with their close friends, I think the awkwardness is totally understandable, and he was just stating it in a way that suggests it's more amusing than anything else. :thumbleft: :twocents-02cents:

I think the car accident disfigurement comment was also clearly meant in hyperbolic jest. Oye!

Also links to cam rooms instead of profiles are the worst.

LilahMorrigan said:
I think you're all overreacting a bit- Misono clearly meant his post in a rather tongue-in-cheek way; I don't think he was implying that there was anything wrong with the way she looks, or that she'd done anything wrong.

In theory, watching a model who looks a lot like a close friend of yours may not sound weird, but imagine if you're on MFC for fapping purposes and stumble across a model who looks just like your sister. Considering a lot of people have sibling-esque relationships with their close friends, I think the awkwardness is totally understandable, and he was just stating it in a way that suggests it's more amusing than anything else. :thumbleft: :twocents-02cents:

I think the car accident disfigurement comment was also clearly meant in hyperbolic jest. Oye!

Good lord, THANK YOU.

There are times when maybe it's helpful for people to be called out on their grievances but, this wasn't even written as in "It's annoying that she looks like my friend, she shouldn't do that!" but instead "It's annoying to me that she looks like my friend, she seems freakin' awesome, but I just can't get past it. :("

Here's um...kind of a mean one. :oops: But...

When very new models who are making a lot of very obvious newb mistakes are adamant about giving terrible advice to other models.

I get that new girls are often really excited about camming and especially meeting other girls for the first time, but... :-|

SexyStephXS said:
LilahMorrigan said:

Good lord, THANK YOU.

There are times when maybe it's helpful for people to be called out on their grievances but, this wasn't even written as in "It's annoying that she looks like my friend, she shouldn't do that!" but instead "It's annoying to me that she looks like my friend, she seems freakin' awesome, but I just can't get past it. :("

When I first read his post, I got the impression that the model he was speaking of, knew he was talking about her. Then after reading it over, I see he didn't specify whether or not this model knows he's speaking about her.
As long as the model he's talking about doesn't know it's her, then there's nothing wrong with his post. But if she does know he's talking about her, then I have to stand by my OP and say that was very rude. I really hope that everyone here knows it's very rude to tell a model, "hey I think you're really cool from reading your posts on acf, and would love to visit your chat room some time, but alas, you look too much like my very good friend and I think it will make me feel weird. But hey, if she's ever disfigured in a car wreck, count me in".

[EDIT] If that is the case, and she does know he's speaking about her, then I say he should at the very least, shoot her an offline tip, with an apology imho.

VeronicaChaos said:
Here's um...kind of a mean one. :oops: But...

When very new models who are making a lot of very obvious newb mistakes are adamant about giving terrible advice to other models.

I get that new girls are often really excited about camming and especially meeting other girls for the first time, but... :-|

This in particular bugs me. It always makes me uncomfortable when someone presents themself as a helpful guide when it doesn't seem that they're succeeding anywhere in camland or are too new to know what they're doing. It's like that phrase "those who can do..."

It's not that there's anything wrong with giving advice randomly to girls that ask but starting a website or twitter giving tips to girls who are looking for advice when you are struggling seems weird. :/

Poker_Babe said:
SexyStephXS said:
LilahMorrigan said:

Good lord, THANK YOU.

When I first read his post, I got the impression that the model he was speaking of, knew he was talking about her. Then after reading it over, I see he didn't specify whether or not this model knows he's speaking about her.
As long as the model he's talking about doesn't know it's her, then there's nothing wrong with his post. But if she does know he's talking about her, then I have to stand by my OP and say that was very rude. I really hope that everyone here knows it's very rude to tell a model, "hey I think you're really cool from reading your posts on acf, and would love to visit your chat room some time, but alas, you look too much like my very good friend and I think it will make me feel weird. But hey, if she's ever disfigured in a car wreck, count me in".

[EDIT] If that is the case, and she does know he's speaking about her, then I say he should at the very least, shoot her an offline tip, with an apology imho.

I've had pretty much zero personal interaction with them. I highly expect them never to be aware. Unless I now get a barrage of mails asking why I don't visit someones room.

Original post was a more lighthearted observation, but it seems it's ran off onto another idea in itself.

Misono said:
Poker_Babe said:
SexyStephXS said:
LilahMorrigan said:

Good lord, THANK YOU.

I've had pretty much zero personal interaction with them. I highly expect them never to be aware. Unless I now get a barrage of mails asking why I don't visit someones room.

Original post was a more lighthearted observation, but it seems it's ran off onto another idea in itself.
Understood. Sometimes, if not always, the printed word is always "louder" than the spoken word. On message boards in particular, what we say often gets exaggerated in the minds of the readers. That's kind of why emotes were created....so we can end a bit of text in a smiley to indicate that we're not all that serious. :)

Reactions: AngelicTease
Misono said:
The fact that they are one of my best friends makes it too awkward, I guess! When you've known someone close to you pretty much all your life, certain things will trigger subconsciously. It's annoying to me, and I'm sure you're right to an extent, but in my head all it says is that it's just not doable. Unfortunate, and also annoying!

You really do not want to sleep with your friend. Like, at all.

I suppose the model could wear a wig. Maybe a pair of sunglasses. Or a balaklava.

Alexandra Cole said:
Misono said:
The fact that they are one of my best friends makes it too awkward, I guess! When you've known someone close to you pretty much all your life, certain things will trigger subconsciously. It's annoying to me, and I'm sure you're right to an extent, but in my head all it says is that it's just not doable. Unfortunate, and also annoying!

You really do not want to sleep with your friend. Like, at all.

I've disappointed enough people in my life. I wouldn't want to add a long time friend to the list.

Is it bad that I kinda get annoyed when models constantly retweet just random stuff, like pages and pages of retweets from people I've never heard of or follow or when a model keeps posting photos that aren't really relevant to anything.

Maybe I'm being fussy, but I'm talking about like, excessively. A little bit doesn't bother me but its just when I have to scroll and scroll and scroll and they're still retweeting etc. It bums me out cause it makes me want to unfollow them to unclutter my feed but I don't want to cause they're genuinely lovely girls.

Does anyone else get this?

lilypad_ said:
Is it bad that I kinda get annoyed when models constantly retweet just random stuff, like pages and pages of retweets from people I've never heard of or follow or when a model keeps posting photos that aren't really relevant to anything.

Maybe I'm being fussy, but I'm talking about like, excessively. A little bit doesn't bother me but its just when I have to scroll and scroll and scroll and they're still retweeting etc. It bums me out cause it makes me want to unfollow them to unclutter my feed but I don't want to cause they're genuinely lovely girls.

Does anyone else get this?

Yep, I find it off-putting. I like when girls post things (whether themselves or a retweet) that are funny or interesting, but if it's a million random joke tweets or whatever, it's too much. If I wanted to follow those people, I would.

I use Ecofon on my phone and you can mute people you follow, so you don't have to unfollow them - but it sucks because it mutes ALL of their tweets, so you don't see the stuff they tweet either. Not the best solution but I find it better than unfollowing, usually.

Status
Not open for further replies.