AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What is the most annoying thing a model can do?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That reminds me of something I've seen that annoys/perplexes me. On cams .com, when you click private, boom you're in private. Thats important to the story.
I know a model who alternates between "You dont need to ask to take me private, thats what this plcae is for" and "If you take me private in the mddle of other people tipping, i will kick you out of the room"
Now I understand the reasoning, interrupting a yellow wall, not good. But there are times where the tipping slows down to like a trickle and it seem like a good time to whisk her away, but I woudlnt want to chance getting kicked, and also dont want her being all pissy because I asked if its a good time

So I'm a regular in this one girls room. She tends to disappear a lot. If she comes back from a hiatus, she's super motivated to cam will tweet out she'll be on everyday this week and that usually lasts about 4 days and then the next week it'll be 2-3 days, and then the week after that 1-2 day and then disappears and the cycle repeats. And every time she comes back it seems like she tries to play catch up whether it be customs, snapchat etc. and gets overwhelmed and boom gone again.

I feel like I should say something, not to be an asshole but to remind her that she doesn't need to try to do a million things.

I feel like I should say something, not to be an asshole but to remind her that she doesn't need to try to do a million things.

Unless someone wants you to know everything going on in their life, there's zero chance you ever will. If she wanted feedback she'd ask for it. There's a big difference between "Hey you, good to see you again, how is everything?" and leave it at that. If she wants to vent she will. Anything more is intrusive and almost guaranteed to be seen as being nosey, rather than caring as you'd intended.

If she wants to vent she will. Anything more is intrusive and almost guaranteed to be seen as being nosey, rather than caring as you'd intended.
Spot on. If someone feels that they need to hustle and make money, telling them to chill is going to be the opposite of helpful. She needs to be the one to realize that consistency often brings more stability/less stress, and she needs to be the one who decides whether or not that is something she can manage.

Lying...and I'm not talking about the cute stuff trying to keep that fantasy going. I'm talking about real manipulative bullshit.

But I keep coming back... Makes me feel sick sometimes :vomit::vomit::vomit:

Lying...and I'm not talking about the cute stuff trying to keep that fantasy going. I'm talking about real manipulative bullshit.

At least you know

I think this also belongs under “what the most annoying thing I keep doing to myself”

I have always hated being spammed with a PM instantly coming into a model's room, even though I do understand why they/you do it especially on a slow night if you have no one in there.
I will always respond at least saying hello and other small pleasantries such as "how are you" etc.

But what really annoys me the most for a model PMing me as soon as I enter the room, is the impatient model. Literally when I go into the room, I get a "hi bb" and then I do not respond for a minute or two, and this can be for any number of reasons why I am not replying instantly with a hello (maybe I am reading the messages in your room to see how you and the users are; maybe I am reading your profile; maybe I am on my phone and personally I am a slow ass typer on my phone; sometimes I am doing something in another tab (again that could be many different things) so I don't see you have messaged me (this is why CB needs a sound notification for PMs or a flashing "new message/1" in the browser tab); and many other reasons). But then I am bombarded with messages hating on me because I have not responded instantly. Just don't instantly think we are ignoring you, anything could have happened.

Hi bb is the worse. ( I really hate getting it from members, I even make memes about it and have a bb club where me and my regulars make fun of all things bb, bby and bae)
Are you on MFC? I’ll change your world and spam you with all my knock knock jokes.

I can't say these are necessarily 'annoying', TBH as soon as it happens I just leave lol, but I do think that not all girls realize the impact of when these things are going on.

- Texting. So let's be clear here. I'm not talking about the 3-5 second quick one. I'm talking about you're literally sitting there for 60+ seconds, totally oblivious to the room. Just gone.
- PM'ing for too long. Again, I could care less about occasional PM's, I mean hell it's part of the job! But again when you're completely unaware of the entire rest of the room for minutes on end, it's bad.

A few qualifiers here.

- I realize it's not always texting, sometimes it's changing music, things like that. It's less about the what, and more about the HOW LONG.
- I realize there ARE situations where something is more important. It's not about that. It's the consistent ones that seem to LIVE on their dang phones when they're on cam! There's a few I've tried MULTIPLE times to get to know but it's seriously impossible because they can't but their phone down for more than 60 seconds at a time lol.

A friend of mine is pretty good about just announcing little things in her room. "Guys give me just a minute here guys, my phone is blowing up and I need to see what's going on." Or "Ok fellas, PM's are going crazy, give me a few minutes here to get caught up." Isn't that what you'd do if you were out for dinner with friends and it happened? Wouldn't you announce that you had to check on things? Or would you just sit there and ignore them entirely>

It's just a courtesy thing. As a member if I'm sitting there trying to have a conversation and you just all of a sudden are buried in your phone for 3 minutes you can guess how often I'll be back, right? It's the same on cam as it is when talking with a live person. The second you grab your phone you've just told them they're not as important as whatever that last text message that you haven't even read yet was.

#EndOfPSA lol

I can't say these are necessarily 'annoying', TBH as soon as it happens I just leave lol, but I do think that not all girls realize the impact of when these things are going on.

- Texting. So let's be clear here. I'm not talking about the 3-5 second quick one. I'm talking about you're literally sitting there for 60+ seconds, totally oblivious to the room. Just gone.
- PM'ing for too long. Again, I could care less about occasional PM's, I mean hell it's part of the job! But again when you're completely unaware of the entire rest of the room for minutes on end, it's bad.

A few qualifiers here.

- I realize it's not always texting, sometimes it's changing music, things like that. It's less about the what, and more about the HOW LONG.
- I realize there ARE situations where something is more important. It's not about that. It's the consistent ones that seem to LIVE on their dang phones when they're on cam! There's a few I've tried MULTIPLE times to get to know but it's seriously impossible because they can't but their phone down for more than 60 seconds at a time lol.

A friend of mine is pretty good about just announcing little things in her room. "Guys give me just a minute here guys, my phone is blowing up and I need to see what's going on." Or "Ok fellas, PM's are going crazy, give me a few minutes here to get caught up." Isn't that what you'd do if you were out for dinner with friends and it happened? Wouldn't you announce that you had to check on things? Or would you just sit there and ignore them entirely>

It's just a courtesy thing. As a member, if I'm sitting there trying to have a conversation and you just all of a sudden are buried in your phone for 3 minutes you can guess how often I'll be back, right? It's the same on cam as it is when talking with a live person. The second you grab your phone you've just told them they're not as important as whatever that last text message that you haven't even read yet was.

#EndOfPSA lol

I couldn't agree more with texting or being on the phone. The only acceptable phone ones are if you are aware of, or the model has sound on (and thus, you can hear what is going on), and she is clearly doing a sex line. That to me is then perfectly acceptable. With ones like this, they do usually try to multitask and type to the viewers too. I have been very patient many times with models who are on their phones. I will try to speak and/or tip several times to get their attention and wait for anywhere up to 30 mins. Obviously, I am not going to tip lots to try to get their attention, otherwise, I could potentially end up tipping 1000s before they notice. After that, I may try another day with the same model BUT that would possibly vary on what I see her doing in the thumbnail (if I see her on the phone in it, no chance).

I can understand the models who have quiet rooms, where no one is talking or tipping much. I don't think some models realise how damaging this can be to potential customers.

Texting. So let's be clear here. I'm not talking about the 3-5 second quick one. I'm talking about you're literally sitting there for 60+ seconds, totally oblivious to the room. Just gone.
- PM'ing for too long. Again, I could care less about occasional PM's, I mean hell it's part of the job! But again when you're completely unaware of the entire rest of the room for minutes on end, it's bad

I'm dyslexic so it takes a little bit longer to read and type out from for me. I try not to do it during work, but there are times where I have to communicate with my husband or whoever is messaging me depending on the urgency. I sometimes get shit for how long I take, because it is 60+ seconds sometimes minutes.

Reactions: callmepete
I'm dyslexic so it takes a little bit longer to read and type out from for me. I try not to do it during work, but there are times where I have to communicate with my husband or whoever is messaging me depending on the urgency. I sometimes get shit for how long I take, because it is 60+ seconds sometimes minutes.

I can imagine you being the type of person to excuse yourself before, during or after you do so, though.
Just with a simple "sorry for that, it was an urgent message" or something.

A few qualifiers here.

It's just a courtesy thing. As a member if I'm sitting there trying to have a conversation and you just all of a sudden are buried in your phone for 3 minutes you can guess how often I'll be back, right? It's the same on cam as it is when talking with a live person. The second you grab your phone you've just told them they're not as important as whatever that last text message that you haven't even read yet was.

#EndOfPSA lol
I have a ‘texting position’ I get into when I need to read/answer text, because I too think it looks bad when a model is staring at her phone incessantly. I simply pull up my dress or skirt, and turn around on all fours so you have a nice view of my ass while I’m busy. People always joke now that I have a text, or they wish they could text me 😂 it works though 😉

...but there are times where I have to communicate with my husband or whoever is messaging me depending on the urgency.

I really meant when I said that I TOTALLY get that there's times when yeah, there's a conversation to be had elsewhere. And in those times it doesn't bother me in the least, when someone has just simply said, 'Hey give me just a minute here, got something that can't wait.' or something along those lines. I really do liken it to standing in front of a person. I'd never stand right in front of them and just start texting away without saying something first you know?

Reactions: AudriTwo
When a model can't admit they aren't in a position to maintain a schedule and not keep announcing when they will be online and not show up. Or post an excuse that wouldn't had mattered if they had just planned better in the first place.

Reactions: MDouble00

A few qualifiers here.

#EndOfPSA lol
I totally agree with all your points! And I really try to minimise the time on my phone. On the other hand sometimes I’m so focussed in my room that I don’t even realise my Uber eats food is there and the delivery guy called 5x already 😂
But most times I’ll be on my phone will be because my room is empty or no one is interacting. I always ask people questions that stimulate interactions but if no one answers it’s kinda awkward. So members, if a model is asking a question, even if you’re shy, make an effort to answer as well and participate! Even if you don’t tip!
Pm’s Of course are tricky. Some days no one tips for them and the next it’s like everyone called each other and you can get bombarded. That’s why I just raised my price for pm’s that way people will only pm me if they REALLY want to and I can focus more on my room.

Reactions: callmepete
I hate going into a room that is instantly swarmed with BOT messages. When you walk in and it's a "hey welcome" kind of bot it's fine. But a lot of models seem to have EVERYTHING at the same TIME in settings.. so you get hit with EVERYTHING being posted by the all in 1 bot and everything else, and then on top of that they have them set to a very small amount of time-frequency between postings: usually only 1 or 2 minutes.
I understand the reason why the models try to have them post so much, to try and encourage guys to tip.

On top of all of this, it's even worse when the notices contain images and big images at that. I don't mean explicit images but just simple and innocent ones like crowns for the king tippers, or whatever else.. squirt images for lush settings, etc. I am sure you all know what I mean.

Edit:
Oh another little one that's a bit annoying but not the worst: when a model only replies with emojis/emoticons. No matter what you say, they just do that. I get that they may not speak great English, but I think most guys have accepted that and are fine with waiting for the model to translate using an extension.

It's annoying browsing the couples section and seeing that a good 20% are models that cam alone. If you normally broadcast as a couple and you have a few solo days, it's fine to leave your page as "couple", no big deal. But when you've never appeared on cam with another person and have no intention of doing so....why? Is the strategy that the couples category has less models so it's easier to attract users and page rank?

It's annoying browsing the couples section and seeing that a good 20% are models that cam alone. If you normally broadcast as a couple and you have a few solo days, it's fine to leave your page as "couple", no big deal. But when you've never appeared on cam with another person and have no intention of doing so....why? Is the strategy that the couples category has less models so it's easier to attract users and page rank?

In short: yes.
They do it because there are fewer people in the couples category, as well as couples, are usually appealing to a lot of people.

So this is something I didn't use to find annoying but then a model I really liked started to do it A LOT, and it became something I just grew to despise.
The whole: kissing your hand, then blowing it at the camera.

All fine and sweet and innocent right? Nothing annoying.

Well, initially that model used to just do it on occasion, mostly to the big 500+ single tips or to her regular tippers when they leave, etc.
So that was perfectly fine but then she started to do it constantly, after every other tip. But then she wouldn't JUST do it as one kiss to the hand and blow it, it'd be kiss kiss kiss really fast tot he hand and then blow it... BUT the thing that made it annoying, is she would make that loud wet kissing sound EVERY time she kisses.

That reminds me of something I've seen that annoys/perplexes me. On cams .com, when you click private, boom you're in private. Thats important to the story.
I know a model who alternates between "You dont need to ask to take me private, thats what this plcae is for" and "If you take me private in the mddle of other people tipping, i will kick you out of the room"
Now I understand the reasoning, interrupting a yellow wall, not good. But there are times where the tipping slows down to like a trickle and it seem like a good time to whisk her away, but I woudlnt want to chance getting kicked, and also dont want her being all pissy because I asked if its a good time
Hi, I don't know what web site you are referring to, but on the several I have used, clicking the "Private" button does not start the show. The model must also press her button to start the show. A viewer pressing the button only notifies the model that you desire a Private. I have never seen a site where the viewer can initiate the show alone. That would be an invitation to mischief.

The most annoying and for me, intolerable, is when a model is texting or talking on her phone. I cannot imagine anything more rude than to sit there texting or taking a call when you are with other people. If it is absolutely necessary, the model should excuse herself and step away from the camera. She should also make the break as short as possible.

Hi bb is the worse. ( I really hate getting it from members, I even make memes about it and have a bb club where me and my regulars make fun of all things bb, bby and bae)
Are you on MFC? I’ll change your world and spam you with all my knock knock jokes.
Personally, I don't mind it if they only send on PM. But when you don't reply and they start sending message after message, I just leave. To your point, is is rather like the scene from Chorus Line when the Dance Club patron is beset by "the girls" in the "Hey, Big Spender!" number.

Nothing will drive me out of a chatroom faster than poorly-chosen or obnoxious music. What is obnoxious? I guess that varies from person to person.
I have to agree with you. Sometimes I wonder if model's even consider how music affects their audience. For better or for worse, it certainly does have an effect.

Reactions: Useful-Title
Personally, I don't mind it if they only send on PM. But when you don't reply and they start sending message after message, I just leave. To your point, is is rather like the scene from Chorus Line when the Dance Club patron is beset by "the girls" in the "Hey, Big Spender!" number.

actually yeah, it can be like that. its hard to get you dudes to talk to us sometimes. some people who dont get much traffic can get a little over excited and outgoing when a new person comes in that shows any interest. that is such a relatable sex worker song. please don't knock it. :p

and that wasn't from chorus line. It was from sweet charity. think you are getting a musical about ensemble dancing that the king and revolutionist of ensemble dancing, bob fosse, complained didn't have enough, and his actual choreographed work. i'm offended :giggle:

I stand corrected. It was, indeed, Sweet Charity. Thanks for the input. BTW-great outfit looks like something from Cabaret. LOL! You make a good point about viewers not chatting. It is definitely an issue. I don't know why this is. Perhaps language issues or feeling inferior if they don't have tokens or maybe they just aren't good talking with women. However, I was referring to models who don't even give you a chance to show interest. One time I found an interesting model, watched for a few minutes then began to read her profile When I returned to chat, I found 6 PM's where she greeted me, then began to berate me for not replying then threatening to kick me. I explained it to her and she felt like an idiot. Look, I get it. It can be frustrating but one cannot loose focus. This happened on Chaturbate. There, when a model sends you a PM, it doesn't make an audible signal, just a number next to the PM tab. I had no idea the two of us were having an issue!

Hi, I don't know what web site you are referring to, but on the several I have used, clicking the "Private" button does not start the show. The model must also press her button to start the show. A viewer pressing the button only notifies the model that you desire a Private. I have never seen a site where the viewer can initiate the show alone. That would be an invitation to mischief.

Streamate does that unfortunately. And yea, many members do that specifically to grief the model. They do it when another member is trying to set up a show, and then they'll whisk the model away to private. The chat clears, the original member leaves/probably thinks the model was rude, but really it's all just another member. And then that member leaves before he gets charged for anything.

I have to purposefully set my private rate really high to avoid that from happening too often.

Status
Not open for further replies.