AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What is the most annoying thing a model can do?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, and in general I do agree. I don't consider this particular model to be close like some of the others I've come to know over the years. Even then, there's still a bit of hesitation to share info because the nature of the business and it's intended to be kept at a distance due to confidentiality and no real plans to meet (even though in extremely rare cases it might happen).

Not all of my close friends who own vanilla businesses were friends first, then business owners second. Some of them we became good friends through our interactions as a business/customer, then the lines became blurred a little. So, while we are still very close friends, we did started off not as such. But, at this point there really is no difference between them and those who were friends first.

While it is true that in nearly all instances of model/member interactions it is business, it's been stated and proven by some models here that in very rare cases either real friendships develop or even more rare it goes beyond. I'm not saying that any of the models I visit we would consider each others as close friends. But, of all of them, none of them has ever push or tried to manipulate me into tipping like this one has done and I only consider her a model I've visited a few times.

As to your point about manipulations, again it goes both ways. The difference is that the number of members/guests/visitors is significantly higher than models, which is the nature of the business. Look at all the lovecon and other stories of deception and/or manipulation that is brought up regarding what models attempt to do with certain members? Just as there's even more stories about how models get treated by some members.

It all boils down to being aware of the risks and only sharing particular information with those you actually do trust. Even then, there's time where they may stab you in the back and twist the knife while pouring salt on the wound....

Sorry, I didn't know your background on matter of those friendships. I'm super glad that there's still a place for friendship even in a cruel business world.

But yeah, I do agree with you. You never know what to expect, that's why the ideal situation is when you share things which won't cause you any more stress or problems if someone bad/dishonest decides to make the info public.

My previous post was aimed at making you feel better regarding the whole situation because you weren't supposed to be that model's friend, white knight or savior, and you didn't have to behave accordingly.

I'm happy that you decided to move on. Good for you ❤️

I'm done.
Have no idea if this is the same model you were referring to in another thread. Agree with what others have said. Block her and move on without a second thought. Something just doesn't sit right with me, based on what you have written about her. You are supposed to be having fun not to be stressed out, guilt tripped and such. And I would say exactly the same if the situation was reversed and it was a model talking about one of her chat members harrasing her. You didn't ask for advice but I just wanted to share my opinion, for what is worth.

Have no idea if this is the same model you were referring to in another thread. Agree with what others have said. Block her and move on without a second thought. Something just doesn't sit right with me, based on what you have written about her. You are supposed to be having fun not to be stressed out, guilt tripped and such. And I would say exactly the same if the situation was reversed and it was a model talking about one of her chat members harrasing her. You didn't ask for advice but I just wanted to share my opinion, for what is worth.

Sadly, it's two different models. The one in this thread was one I started interacting with a couple of months ago. This one is a top 100 model, and is attempting to guilt-trip me into tipping her. I looked at her ranking this year, and there's only been two months she's not been in the top 100. If she were to finish the month where she's at now, it'd be her second best month of the year. I dislike deception and manipulation such as she's doing and IMO is similar to what models accuse some members of doing. I've cut ties with this particular model, and the only way she can contact me now is via MFC mail which I can delete without reading. I doubt she'd do more than just one email as to why she's blocked, which I won't answer.

It's because of issues like this why I generally don't interact with models I haven't before.

It's because of issues like this why I generally don't interact with models I haven't before.
Man, that way you will run out of interactionable models before the end of the year!! Don't do that to yourself! I know it's a setback, being treated like this by someone you cared about (at least I think you did from what I read, maybe I am wrong).
Actually this would the perfect time to have some fun together in a random model's room. Shame you're not on CB, but I would consider getting some munition on MFC to hang out with you. Would be even more fun if @Just_A_Guy was part of the fun!! Hit me up if you guys are game!

• Funny!
Reactions: Just_A_Guy
Man, that way you will run out of interactionable models before the end of the year!! Don't do that to yourself! I know it's a setback, being treated like this by someone you cared about (at least I think you did from what I read, maybe I am wrong).
Actually this would the perfect time to have some fun together in a random model's room. Shame you're not on CB, but I would consider getting some munition on MFC to hang out with you. Would be even more fun if @Just_A_Guy was part of the fun!! Hit me up if you guys are game!

The model I'm talking about here, we had some good conversation. But, never did privates with and I wouldn't say here and I were close like some of the others I know.

Thanks for the offer, but I stick with MFC. I still have a few models I interact with, albeit rarely due to schedules, etc. But, in all honesty, my time on camsites is winding down. I've taken a couple of hiatuses and each time coming back just isn't the same. If I do another, I'll probably not go back. I've been on MFC for five years, as well as tried CB and SM a couple of times, and while it's been enjoyable there comes a time when all good things come to an end.
Not saying "never" as we know how that goes. But, it'd definitely be a while before I go back if I did take another hiatus.

Reactions: odioso
Not saying "never" as we know how that goes. But, it'd definitely be a while before I go back if I did take another hiatus.
I hear you. I think I mentioned in Daily Thoughts that I'm currently on a hiatus again, and I went on StripChat last night only to find that the 2-3 models I like to visit hadn't been online for several days. Strange. Went into another room and was immediately hit with a friend request from a model that wasn't even streaming. Model spamming was one of the reasons I took a break in the first place, so I just logged straight off again and wondered if I had become cranky.

I have no doubt there are models I could "click" with at some level, but in the meantime the noise is sometimes unbearable. A slight smell of Tragedy of the Commons.

Reactions: DoD404
I dislike deception and manipulation such as she's doing and IMO is similar to what models accuse some members of doing.
Well, I surely dislike that, too. In my opinion, since you "have know" each other for so long she should be better than that. But I mean everybody thinks and acts in a different way. That said, to be fair, I have to say that I've yet to read models here who think that deception and manipulation is the way to go. Actually, I've always read them saying the opposite.

Personally I would block both of them but I also want to say that I feel like I'm really the last person on the forum who should be giving relationship advice to other people. Anyway I'm sure you'll do what will be the best for you.

I hear you. I think I mentioned in Daily Thoughts that I'm currently on a hiatus again, and I went on StripChat last night only to find that the 2-3 models I like to visit hadn't been online for several days. Strange. Went into another room and was immediately hit with a friend request from a model that wasn't even streaming. Model spamming was one of the reasons I took a break in the first place, so I just logged straight off again and wondered if I had become cranky.

I have no doubt there are models I could "click" with at some level, but in the meantime the noise is sometimes unbearable. A slight smell of Tragedy of the Commons.
I'm in a similar situation, and why I stick to my dwindling list of models. We know each other's personalities well enough, and get along that I don't want to take time to get to know new models and learn their nuances. On a side note, a model I kind of lost contact with earlier this year due to schedule and life changes has reappeared. :)

Wonder what's up with the models you know having been offline for a few days? Unless it's been slow for them, holidays, or they just took time off?

Well, I surely dislike that, too. In my opinion, since you "have know" each other for so long she should be better than that. But I mean everybody thinks and acts in a different way. That said, to be fair, I have to say that I've yet to read models here who think that deception and manipulation is the way to go. Actually, I've always read them saying the opposite.

Personally I would block both of them but I also want to say that I feel like I'm really the last person on the forum who should be giving relationship advice to other people. Anyway I'm sure you'll do what will be the best for you.

Agreed, I don't think I was saying that the models here have been deceptive in any way. In fact, they've called out actions of models who have been along with members. Have to admire that.

I'm not that great with relationships either, and is why I'm giving the other one another chance. Everyone like a bit of crazy, right? :rofl:

Wonder what's up with the models you know having been offline for a few days? Unless it's been slow for them, holidays, or they just took time off?
No idea. Could be anything from having permanently moved to another site, being ill or just having some days off. I'll check a couple more times before I cancel the fan club membership though. If they left the site without leaving a hint, I'm not going to track them down, so to speak.

Have to admire that.
Agree. All my respect for that.
Everyone like a bit of crazy, right?
Nah, I mean, some might say I've always been like that. But, really, it's this pandemic that is exacerbating everything and has really has left me with zero fucks to give and no time to be wasted. Btw, on the topic, I called my doc last week and she told me these 2-3 vaccines will be available on January and I was like: "that's awesome, do you think it will be possible to have all of them mix together like as cocktail at brunch?". And she was like: "Well, I don't think that will be possible and, as your doc, I don't suggest you to do that, but, actually I was thinking the same. Great idea". I mean great minds think alike.

Last edited:
Agree. All my respect for that.

Nah, I mean, some might say I've always been like that. But, really, it's this pandemic that is exacerbating everything and has really has left me with zero fucks to give and no time to be wasted. Btw, on the topic, I called my doc last week and she told me these 2-3 vaccines will be available on January and I was like: "that's awesome, do you think it will be possible to have all of them mix together like as cocktail at brunch?". And she was like: "Well, I don't think that will be possible and, as your doc, I don't suggest you to do that, but, actually I was thinking the same. Great idea". I mean great minds think alike.

In a sense, a bit of crazy is fun. But, not too much and it really depends on what kind. What I've been dealing with isn't so much, and is making me rethink some stuff. Might take some time during the week to mull over a few things and decide what I want to do. If anything, at least from this one model. She did get a warning that I have been considering taking another break...

As to the vaccines, I'm a bit reluctant on how successful they will be. But, I'd want to do all in one if could. But, that's another discussion

It may be strange that all the models you enjoy were all simultaneously offline. I don't work nights/weekends/holidays. A lot of models that have been camming for quite a long time like myself don't cam every day, every weekend, every night, every holiday etc. It gets very very tiring. I even tried having a sharable calendar to communicate when I would work but it became too tiresome to update it. I am sure they just were enjoying a long holiday weekend. Some models also work some sites and not others. I took a 9 month break from free chat sites at one point because it was more profitable to do other ventures like producing content or pay by the minute on demand online work. I am sure they will come back or you can find them elsewhere :)

• Hugs
Reactions: CheeseMoon
It may be strange that all the models you enjoy were all simultaneously offline. I don't work nights/weekends/holidays. A lot of models that have been camming for quite a long time like myself don't cam every day, every weekend, every night, every holiday etc. It gets very very tiring. I even tried having a sharable calendar to communicate when I would work but it became too tiresome to update it. I am sure they just were enjoying a long holiday weekend. Some models also work some sites and not others. I took a 9 month break from free chat sites at one point because it was more profitable to do other ventures like producing content or pay by the minute on demand online work. I am sure they will come back or you can find them elsewhere :)
Yes, I was just assuming they had taken a short or long break from everything and were doing other things, and I have no problem at all with that. Things always happen for a reason, and if they are happy (or need to be) doing something else, I am happy for them. Nor do I have a problem if none of them ever come back, and as I stated earlier I'm probably not going to start combing other cam sites to see if I can find them since they didn't leave a "forwarding address".

I just hope they are okay with all that is going on right now, and I said as much in a PM to all of them. As professional and paid-for as they were, they did their job well enough to earn a regular. It's not the end of the world, but I must confess miss one of them a little bit 😉

Yes, I was just assuming they had taken a short or long break from everything and were doing other things, and I have no problem at all with that. Things always happen for a reason, and if they are happy (or need to be) doing something else, I am happy for them. Nor do I have a problem if none of them ever come back, and as I stated earlier I'm probably not going to start combing other cam sites to see if I can find them since they didn't leave a "forwarding address".

I just hope they are okay with all that is going on right now, and I said as much in a PM to all of them. As professional and paid-for as they were, they did their job well enough to earn a regular. It's not the end of the world, but I must confess miss one of them a little bit 😉
Nothing wrong with that!!!!

That must be annoying a model randomly messaging you on there. I know some sites are worse than others with that. Now with the color coding system, its so obvious to models who spends.

Nothing wrong with that!!!!

That must be annoying a model randomly messaging you on there. I know some sites are worse than others with that. Now with the color coding system, its so obvious to models who spends.

MFC was terrible for me until I set it to where only friends and bookmarked models could PM me. Many/most were ones I'd never interacted with before and would PM me almost right after I logged on. Or, they'd PM me if I was already in a model's room.

I don't mind if it's someone I already have a connection with. But, to get inundated with PM from models don''t know... I'd imagine it's pretty similar to what models deal with on members.

Reactions: JessicaXOXOXO
When you are asked about your personal life then get freaked out on when you ask something of equal question...
Love the double standards. Don't want me asking personal things, then don't ask me about mine. I'm as equally uncomfortable when asked by a complete stranger.

I'm more than happy to talk about anything that is not related to personal life. :)

Last edited:
When you are asked about your personal life then get freaked out on when you ask something of equal question...
"My name is <generic name>, but I prefer to keep the rest to myself". Always worked for me. Then again i tend to be very brief in my initial PM-ing with models.
I did give some real details to a couple of models after a while, but it came naturally as the conversation progressed.

Asking your name is a very common conversation starter (at least for people of a normal upbringing), but I had my best conversations where personal stuff wasn't really important. Ask me about books, the stupidest thing I ever did or cooking or whatever, and it's happy time 😊

"My name is <generic name>, but I prefer to keep the rest to myself". Always worked for me. Then again i tend to be very brief in my initial PM-ing with models.
I did give some real details to a couple of models after a while, but it came naturally as the conversation progressed.

Asking your name is a very common conversation starter (at least for people of a normal upbringing), but I had my best conversations where personal stuff wasn't really important. Ask me about books, the stupidest thing I ever did or cooking or whatever, and it's happy time 😊

Agreed. This is how I am with models I interact with. A person's first name is how most prefer to be greeted, and is generic enough to not be considered personal info. Though, when I do share my first name with them, I let them know to address me as my screen name in public chat so I know they're talking to me. I'm also pretty generic with info even after I get to know a model well, same as I expect them to be with me. Though, I will say that if a model asks me a specific question, they should expect the same in return.

Most conversations I've had with models along the same topics: food/cooking, movies, books, hobbies, generic life interests or activities.

Most conversations I've had with models along the same topics: food/cooking, movies, books, hobbies, generic life interests or activities.
Wrong thread obv, but some time last year I saw a (Ukraininan, I think) model suddenly produce a large book from somewhere and proceeded to show it on cam. She flipped the pages, pointed out stuff and clearly showed the book to someone engaged in PMs with her. She was a non nude in public so it wasn't that much of a big deal, but it was great to watch. Obviously some kind of common interest going on. I love that.

Love the double standards. Don't want me asking personal things, then don't ask me about mine. I'm as equally uncomfortable when asked by a complete stranger.

Now I'm starting to wonder if maybe it wasn't such a good idea giving that model my social security number and banking information. Nah, it's fine. She was very sweet. Very family oriented. She even wanted to know my mother's maiden name. Such a thoughtful person!

Wrong thread obv, but some time last year I saw a (Ukraininan, I think) model suddenly produce a large book from somewhere and proceeded to show it on cam. She flipped the pages, pointed out stuff and clearly showed the book to someone engaged in PMs with her. She was a non nude in public so it wasn't that much of a big deal, but it was great to watch. Obviously some kind of common interest going on. I love that.

This is something I enjoy as well, same with cooking shows. Yeah, it's not all sexy 'n stuff such as camsites are more notoriously known for. But, cooking shows can be a lot of fun. I believe a few of the models here have stated they've done them and had good results. With it being the holiday season, I know a few will do cooking shows where they make the cookies they are sending to members who've bought them.

Quick update on the one model I've known a few years and is being possessive... Overall she's been decent since the incident I mentioned recently. However, there's two things that's come up since then: 1) The other model I did a private with has not been online, nor responded to any messages. Hopefully she didn't get bitched out from the other and she's just offline for a few days. 2) This morning I popped on the check messages without any intention of visiting anyone. After a few seconds of being online (I had switched to a different tab to work on something personal while it was loading), I get the "What, no hello?" from her. I explain my intent of being online only for a couple of minutes only for messages. She responds with the "Can you help me out by tipping, or you no want to do it anymore?". At that, I just told her I had to log off and get to work early (true, since I've been starting earlier due to projects).

At this point, I'm just going to take a break from her for a while and see what happens. I've got too much going on in life right now and don't need external drama added on top of what's already there. I've already had a couple of models reach out to me offline and inquire if things are okay since they haven't seen me for a while...

• Helpful!
Now I'm starting to wonder if maybe it wasn't such a good idea giving that model my social security number and banking information. Nah, it's fine. She was very sweet. Very family oriented. She even wanted to know my mother's maiden name. Such a thoughtful person!
:yikes:

😝

I always thought it was the broadcaster that would be the one having issues with overly possessive 'clients', and not the other way around.

Quick update on the one model I've known a few years and is being possessive... Overall she's been decent since the incident I mentioned recently. However, there's two things that's come up since then: 1) The other model I did a private with has not been online, nor responded to any messages. Hopefully she didn't get bitched out from the other and she's just offline for a few days. 2) This morning I popped on the check messages without any intention of visiting anyone. After a few seconds of being online (I had switched to a different tab to work on something personal while it was loading), I get the "What, no hello?" from her. I explain my intent of being online only for a couple of minutes only for messages. She responds with the "Can you help me out by tipping, or you no want to do it anymore?". At that, I just told her I had to log off and get to work early (true, since I've been starting earlier due to projects).

At this point, I'm just going to take a break from her for a while and see what happens. I've got too much going on in life right now and don't need external drama added on top of what's already there. I've already had a couple of models reach out to me offline and inquire if things are okay since they haven't seen me for a while...

I get the "What, no hello?" from her. I explain my intent of being online only for a couple of minutes only for messages. She responds with the "Can you help me out by tipping, or you no want to do it anymore?"

That is super gross of her. If I were you, I wouldn't just take a break from her. I'd stop talking to her completely. She sounds parasitic.

I always thought it was the broadcaster that would be the one having issues with overly possessive 'clients', and not the other way around.

Well, I have to say it's not "me" she's possessive over. @Just_A_Guy thinks the same:

Don't buy that. She's bullshitting you. She's possessive about your tokens.

That is super gross of her. If I were you, I wouldn't just take a break from her. I'd stop talking to her completely. She sounds parasitic.

I'm definitely leaning that way. The problem is that I've been visiting her for a number of years, and aside from these few instances, we tend to get along well. I get we all have times where we're not at 100%, or happy, or whatever. I've been in extremely toxic relationships/friendships before, and this isn't quite like them. But, as mentioned above, it's definitely more about the tokens than it is anything else (Which, if you follow the model/member mantra, it's all "just business" anyway). She did let on that I'm her biggest tipper, so I think it's her being protective of that income and not wanting to lose it.

But yeah, definitely taking a break from her for unknown length of time. Aside from when another model is on during the weekend, mostly from the site in general as well.

well didn't read the whole thread :) So my points might have been made elsewhere.

I know there is no satisfactory way around it in the camming world (maybe Google Glass could be a solution but that seems to have disappeared from the market)

- Models staring at the chat. It disrupts the fantasy. Personally I completely go crazy (in a good way) when they dance. I've fallen in love™ with models I'd normally not notice while they dance. But after 2 minutes they are looking into the screen and all the build-up in tension is lost. Dancing for me is letting the music and the body take control as opposed to the mind, drifting into a state of trance. That, for me is one of the sexiest things possible.

But sadly, no way around it, it seems.

Reactions: Makko
- Models staring at the chat. It disrupts the fantasy. Personally I completely go crazy (in a good way) when they dance. I've fallen in love™ with models I'd normally not notice while they dance. But after 2 minutes they are looking into the screen and all the build-up in tension is lost. Dancing for me is letting the music and the body take control as opposed to the mind, drifting into a state of trance. That, for me is one of the sexiest things possible.

But sadly, no way around it, it seems.
Have you tried tipping a model to dance? We are like coin machines. Put money in us to do stuff. If not, we are going to site there in idle.

Have you tried tipping a model to dance? We are like coin machines. Put money in us to do stuff. If not, we are going to site there in idle.
LOL exactly what she said. If I do things for free, I might as well be silent and doing low energy things like watching TV/Netflix/reading/waiting for customers to engage. If I do things for free, I make no money. If I do absolutely nothing, I make no money. See what we are talking about... That's why a lot of models will sit there in lounge clothes waiting for good clientele.

Status
Not open for further replies.