AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What is the most annoying thing a model can do?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kickaz said:
Models that brag about how much money they make.

Kinda sorta somewhat related to this, it doesn't annoy me per se, but it does kinda make me wonder; and it's something that a lot of models seem to do, so I'm assuming it's something that most aren't bothered by - but screen-shotting big tips and posting them on social media. I tend to give them the benefit of the doubt and assume that it's not done to brag and is more of a "hey, the craziest thing happened today" kinda thing. I always wonder how other models/members feel about that kind of thing and whether it's always viewed positively though.

I wonder if the person who tipped would want their generosity and deep pockets being announced to potentially thousands of other members/models/strangers. I wonder if they'd worry that other models might expect similar tips from them or that other models they visit might feel bad that they've never received a tip of that size from the member. I wonder if other members might see it and think "well that model's already set for the month, I'll spend my tokens somewhere else". I wonder if other models - especially those who might be struggling that month - truly enjoy the reminder that other models aren't struggling at all. As a member, I think were I suddenly rich and generous enough to drop a megatip, I'd want to avoid all that so would just tip privately/anonymously. But everybody's different, I guess.

mynameisbob84 said:
Kickaz said:
I wonder if the person who tipped would want their generosity and deep pockets being announced to potentially thousands of other members/models/strangers.
Can't speak for anyone else, of course, but personally I've never had a problem with this. Several models have actually asked me whether I was okay with them taking/posting a screenshot.

mynameisbob84 said:
Kickaz said:

Kinda sorta somewhat related to this, it doesn't annoy me per se, but it does kinda make me wonder; and it's something that a lot of models seem to do, so I'm assuming it's something that most aren't bothered by - but screen-shotting big tips and posting them on social media. I tend to give them the benefit of the doubt and assume that it's not done to brag and is more of a "hey, the craziest thing happened today" kinda thing. I always wonder how other models/members feel about that kind of thing and whether it's always viewed positively though.

I wonder if the person who tipped would want their generosity and deep pockets being announced to potentially thousands of other members/models/strangers. I wonder if they'd worry that other models might expect similar tips from them or that other models they visit might feel bad that they've never received a tip of that size from the member. I wonder if other members might see it and think "well that model's already set for the month, I'll spend my tokens somewhere else". I wonder if other models - especially those who might be struggling that month - truly enjoy the reminder that other models aren't struggling at all. As a member, I think were I suddenly rich and generous enough to drop a megatip, I'd want to avoid all that so would just tip privately/anonymously. But everybody's different, I guess.

Personally speaking as a low ranking model on MFC, I have a kind of have a love/hate relationship with screenshoots of big tips. It is nice to know that there are those kind of tips out there and that one day I *may* get one but at the same time it is really crap and depressing to know that I will probably never get a big tip.

Double edged sword.

mynameisbob84 said:
Kickaz said:

I just tend to see it as someone wanting to share an exciting thing that happened to them. Like someone being excited about getting a raise. They aren't thinking about if the person they are talking to got one, they are excited in that moment. One of the models I frequent got a big tip today and it put her in the top 30 for right now when she finished last month much, much lower. I'm guessing she's not trying to rub it in anyone's face, she's just really excited to be up that high. And good for her.

As for my tipping, other members tips don't really impact it. Unless it's a tipping war thing for HT or something like that. But just because a model got a big tip doesn't stop me from tipping her.

mynameisbob84 said:
Kickaz said:

That is interesting as today I literally posted some big tip screenshots on my profile but never thought it may have a negative affect. I can see why it would now.. but just never thought of it.

I just did it mainly as a way to say thank you the awesome beautiful peoples that have spent that much on me. Obviously, I really can't compare with some of the crazy ones that have happened but it's still awesome.

BUT: I only did visible public tips (never the ninja ones, those are hidden from the room for a reason).

I feel like Bob might be thinking of me among others; I just had my best month and I tweeted a couple of tips screenshots. Here are my reasons for doing that.

When you get a very big "just because" tip, I feel like it's difficult to make your gratitude known to the tipper very well. Even if your reaction is intense, you turn into a red-faced mess for half an hour, you send them all your videos (worth a fraction of the tip...) and bombard them with PMs asking them if there's anything else you can give them, which is what I do. I think the tippers would disagree, but I never feel like it's enough.
After you log off, you're suddenly x tokens richer because of that person, without having done anything in particular for it, and it's a strange feeling, wanting to show them how grateful you are, and not knowing how to. When you make a tweet, there's a message of gratitude that's more long-lasting than your reaction in front of your cam.

I never feel like big tips are ordinary or expected. I've been on MFC for almost 4 years and I'm still not 100% used to the fact that sometimes people just give us money (of any amount) without getting a specific service or product in return, just because they like us. That doesn't happen in too many jobs. Camgirls are incredibly lucky that way, and it's important to never start taking those tips for granted.
I want something to be there after I'm not on cam any longer, some sign of how much appreciated the guy's generosity and how blown away I still am, now that he can't actually see it any longer. So I tweet it.

Another reason is simply that I know that many models are following me, some of them who are new, and I hope seeing big tips is an encouragement for them. I remember when I was new to camming and I started following models and seeing screenshots of tips, I'd get confused (I remember how I really couldn't get over the first 5000 (or 7000?) token tip I saw on Twitter :D) , and ambitious at the same time. "If this model who is on cam every day and has a high camscore and who is liked by so many people can get a tip like that, maybe I can get one too, some day? I'm not there yet..." It taught me a lot about the amazing earning potential on MFC, which is there as long as you put work into it. I really hope that screenshots of big tips are encouraging to other models, rather than anything else.

As you can see this has nothing to do with bragging.

1) Longer lasting display of gratitude for the tipper, considering how little we can do to show gratitude to someone who already has everything by us;
2) hopefully encouraging other models to pull through and work hard until someone generous finds you.

I got my highest and second highest tips ever this March. I screenshotted and tweeted both of them, along with the guys' names/Twitter handles.
The second highest one has 4 retweets (one of them by the tipper himself) and 61 favorites at the moment, the highest one has 7 retweets, 84 favorites. I just looked them both up. That's more than some of my selfies get. :D So I guess you could say that people don't have a problem with these tweets.
If someone doesn't want to hear about my success at my job and my gratitude towards the people who make it possible, he or she can always feel free to unfollow me.

mynameisbob84 said:
Kickaz said:

For me, I love seeing those screenshots. I am a new camgirl and want to know what crazy things can happen in this industry. Just seeing those screenshots motivate me and get me excited. It's not that I expect it, but it does help you to see that it is possible.

mynameisbob84 said:
Kickaz said:

Personally I ALWAYS ask the tipper before sharing a screenshot of it ANYWHERE. I realize that sharing that kind of thing could cause weird issues for them, and I would absolutely never want my show of gratitude to bring any sort of annoyance or unhappiness into their lives! I am often conflicted about sharing screenshots of large tips because though I want to show the tipper that I am extremely grateful and share their awesomeness with as many people as possible, I do also worry about it making other members feel weird. Sometimes I share and sometimes the display stays mainly in the moment, in my room, and between that tipper and myself. I'm sure that many other models struggle with the decision!

I think that Lily's whole post was great, but this part resonated with me the most.

LilyMarie said:
When you get a very big "just because" tip, I feel like it's difficult to make your gratitude known to the tipper very well. Even if your reaction is intense, you turn into a red-faced mess for half an hour, you send them all your videos (worth a fraction of the tip...) and bombard them with PMs asking them if there's anything else you can give them, which is what I do. I think the tippers would disagree, but I never feel like it's enough.
After you log off, you're suddenly x tokens richer because of that person, without having done anything in particular for it, and it's a strange feeling, wanting to show them how grateful you are, and not knowing how to. When you make a tweet, there's a message of gratitude that's more long-lasting than your reaction in front of your cam.

I never feel like big tips are ordinary or expected. I've been on MFC for almost 4 years and I'm still not 100% used to the fact that sometimes people just give us money (of any amount) without getting a specific service or product in return, just because they like us. That doesn't happen in too many jobs. Camgirls are incredibly lucky that way, and it's important to never start taking those tips for granted.
I want something to be there after I'm not on cam any longer, some sign of how much appreciated the guy's generosity and how blown away I still am, now that he can't actually see it any longer. So I tweet it.

I feel the same way! When something like a huge tip happens to you, it is such a crazy, wonderful and unique experience. You feel like you have so many emotions inside of you and it is SO intensely difficult to express them all. It's even more difficult to FEEL like you're expressing them. It can manifest itself in so many ways which can be different for each person and for each situation. It's really such a special and beautiful thing. Interestingly, we also have the benefit of worrying about if we're reacting correctly/enough during this huge moment! I always remind myself that my regulars and the type of people who would give such a generous tip to me KNOW that my reaction is sincere and that I am so immensely grateful, but there's always worry about showing enough gratitude.

I will share a screenshot of a large tip VERY rarely. I'm often on the fence about it. I ALWAYS want the tipper to know how thrilled and thankful I am, but also don't want to bring up the sort of thoughts or feelings that Bob has described. I don't want to make other members or models feel weird, I don't want to brag, I don't want people to feel intimidated or like they shouldn't visit or contribute to my shows anymore BUT I also really want to share and spread my joy and gratitude. It's easy to feel like you haven't done enough for someone when they've done something like that for you, so a Tweet can be a nice extra way to show your appreciation! As Lily said, you want it to last longer than that one moment and keep that gratitude going!

This is a really interesting issue. I've definitely worried about everything that Bob brought up. I think that sometimes it's really worth the risk to me, though, because it's always so important that I show how grateful I am! I think that always asking the tipper (unless you already know that they are ok with it and like it) is a great way to help with some of the issues, though! :)

Sometimes before I go on cam, I check out other girls profiles specifically to look at their high tip photos :lol: I find it motivating! If things have been slow, sometimes seeing them on Twitter can be a bit depressing, but ultimately it makes me happy to know there are still tipping members out there, and I'm happy to see my friends are happy!! Sometimes it's a touch awkward if it's a regular member from your room on someone else profile, that sometimes makes me feel insecure, but I wouldn't want another model not to post her excitement because I might get a little envious. Really the overarching feeling is happiness for the other girl, and inspiration to work harder.

I've always asked before posting, too. There are also lots of members who LOVE having their name on your profile or being tweeted!

Oops, I totally forgot to mention that I ask the guys, too.
The most recent tip I tweeted was tipped anonymously so I didn't (couldn't) ask the tipper, but the other times, when I don't already know from experience that the tipper is OK with it, I ask them.

Ta for the input, peoples :handgestures-salute:

I suspected it would be something that most folk aren't in the slightest bit bothered by and that seems to be the case, at least amongst those who post here. I can definitely appreciate the reasons for posting them (gratitude, posterity, inspiration, all that good stuff) and this is probably just me over-thinking things. As long as the model and the tipper are happy with the situation, s'all good.

And Lily, you were one of a number of models who I'd noticed doing it, but please don't think I was looking to criticise you or anything like that. Truth be told this was probably the wrong thread for it as it's not something that annoys me, but nor is it a big enough thing to start another thread for, and it's something that I've wondered about for a while now, so I put it here as there was already a somewhat relevant post about cam girls telling other people how much money they earn. For what it's worth, you've never struck me as being the type of person to brag about finances and I assumed you'd have other reasons for posting high tips to Twitter, and as your post pointed out, you did :thumbleft:

Kickaz said:

The following is my personal opinion only and in no way should be construed as putting words in Kick's mouth here. Having said that...

I think everyone went off on the wrong tangent related to this. And that's actually a good thing in respect to everyone that posts here. You all assumed it meant posting screenshots of the big tips they got. I get the feeling that is not what is meant by that statement. I think it's more literal.

The model actually brags about dollar amounts. How she makes more money than most of her members in her room. How she spends more on mfc than most of her members...Basically being rich and letting everyone know she's rich.

My mind went to this because I've seen a model doing just that. Made me never feel the need to tip her personally, but for some reason other's kept doing so.

So it's nice none of you even thought along these lines because it means it's not something you do. But I think that may be what she meant. Again, my own personal interpretation. I could be wrong.

Sorry I didn't explain myself. I mean more in the way of: "I made x this month, look at me I'm such a top model"
I think screenshots of single tips can be fun and it's a great way to give recognition to a supporter but saying how much someone makes a month (wether it's true or not (some models love to exaggerate) is tacky as fuck)

Ahh Jerry beat me to it. :)

Kickaz said:
Sorry I didn't explain myself. I mean more in the way of: "I made x this month, look at me I'm such a top model"
I think screenshots of single tips can be fun and it's a great way to give recognition to a supporter but saying how much someone makes a month (wether it's true or not (some models love to exaggerate) is tacky as fuck)

I did kinda get what you meant, as I think everyone and their dog have seen whole 'look how much money I'm making' thing but I felt compelled to respond to Bob as I did spend about an hour today going through my archives and posting beautiful tipping moments.

On a highly unrelated note: I learned how to do screenshots today! So I'll be filling the forum with them now. :mrgreen:

JerryBoBerry said:
Kickaz said:

The following is my personal opinion only and in no way should be construed as putting words in Kick's mouth here. Having said that...

I think everyone went off on the wrong tangent related to this. And that's actually a good thing in respect to everyone that posts here. You all assumed it meant posting screenshots of the big tips they got. I get the feeling that is not what is meant by that statement. I think it's more literal. (...)
No, we knew what and who Kickaz was talking about, and I agree with her 100% there.
I think all of us who were talking about screenshots were replying to Bob as he had brought up screenshots specifically.

LilyMarie said:
JerryBoBerry said:
Kickaz said:

I think everyone went off on the wrong tangent related to this. And that's actually a good thing in respect to everyone that posts here. You all assumed it meant posting screenshots of the big tips they got. I get the feeling that is not what is meant by that statement. I think it's more literal. (...)
No, we knew what and who Kickaz was talking about, and I agree with her 100% there.
I think all of us who were talking about screenshots were replying to Bob as he had brought up screenshots specifically.

Yeah we were replying to Bob

JerryBoBerry said:
Kickaz said:

I think everyone went off on the wrong tangent related to this. And that's actually a good thing in respect to everyone that posts here. You all assumed it meant posting screenshots of the big tips they got. I get the feeling that is not what is meant by that statement. I think it's more literal.

The model actually brags about dollar amounts. How she makes more money than most of her members in her room. How she spends more on mfc than most of her members...Basically being rich and letting everyone know she's rich.

My mind went to this because I've seen a model doing just that. Made me never feel the need to tip her personally, but for some reason other's kept doing so.

So it's nice none of you even thought along these lines because it means it's not something you do. But I think that may be what she meant. Again, my own personal interpretation. I could be wrong.

I don't get why girls would talk about how much they make like that, she is putting hers and the rest of our incomes in jeopardy as people will be thinking "cam girls obviously earn a tonne, there is no need for me to tip this girl as well"

Sorry about the double post :oops: :oops:

Kickaz said:

Ouch seems like a touch of jealousy. I feel like it doesnt need to be a big secret people are just proud of what they have achieved. Unless it is aimed at someone else in a bad way then they should be left to get on with it.

hihowrubb said:
Kickaz said:

Ouch seems like a touch of jealousy. I feel like it doesnt need to be a big secret people are just proud of what they have achieved. Unless it is aimed at someone else in a bad way then they should be left to get on with it.

First of all: LOL @ jealousy.

What big secret? How much time do most people who were properly raised spend discussing their monthly income in casual conversation?

hihowrubb said:
Kickaz said:

Being bothered by people bragging about their income isn't jealousy. Not bragging about income is basic social etiquette and tact.

hihowrubb said:
Kickaz said:

It's not jealousy. Talking about salary in public is a social no no because of the ramifications it could have on yourself and others in a similar profession. There is nothing positive that will come of it, especially in the camming world. Well, unless someone is focusing entirely on something like financial domination, but that is a very specific fetish within the realm of humiliation and has very few interested or serious members who either can or will contribute large amounts.

When a model says what she makes, and if members know her rank, it is going to be damaging to her and models around a similar rank. Would you want to tip someone if they announced that they made more than you? Probably not.

Do models actually brag about how much they make? That just seems like odd behavior to me. But I don't get too involved in the politics at the top. Is it common?

Reactions: xDollPartsx
zippypinhead said:
Do models actually brag about how much they make? That just seems like odd behavior to me. But I don't get too involved in the politics at the top. Is it common?
The last #1 girl tweeted and said in her chatroom a few times how much she made last month. Whether that can be considered "bragging" is something everyone has to judge for themselves but it's a very problematic thing to do, as Luthien explained.

I've never seen this:
Sevrin said:
Bragging about income and buying big cars, etc, says "I'm rich" and makes me go looking for someone else to tip.
...happening, though. I'm digging through my brain and I can't remember ever seeing a model tweet about buying or owning something that can be considered a luxury item. :think:

Reactions: zippypinhead
Lily, I've witnessed a few models talking about their luxury cars (Mercedes/BMW/etc) a few times. Of course, these are the models that you can tell they have a nice house just from watching their cam, so it's not like their living style was much of a secret to begin with.

As for the models who publicly announce their income: most of them exaggerate for reasons (either lower to seem more "normal" and therefore needing of tips or higher to seem more "put together" and badass). I wouldn't worry much about it from a tipping perspective. Personally, if I want to tip a model, I will. Because of her personality, and not because of how badly I think she needs (or doesn't need) it.

Edit to add: the quotes used above weren't something I heard verbatim from any model. I just didn't know a better way to word my thoughts.

I agree that it's in bad social taste to talk about how much money you make in public... But I don't think that the number that she stated should have surprised anyone who follows what is going on in the higher ranks of MFC. The way I see it, in February, a model got a 500,000 token tip within the first week of the month (seriously, that's a HUGE chunk of change) and then she didn't even win Miss MFC. Even though that is BY NO MEANS an average day for any model, I would think that would clue in most people to the type of money we're talking about when it comes to the top ranks.

Kickaz said:
Mentioned this in the new model advice thread before and yeah, super annoying for a few reasons. The most annoying part I've seen is assuming members will be jealous or even impressed by what she makes. Models should try to keep in mind that some members are on a completely different level when it comes to money so you will look really silly bragging about what you make to them. Or you will look like a huge douchebag to the people that don't make much. I'm all for people taking pride in what they have achieved but not if they can't do it without looking like a delusional goober.

On the topic of screenshots or being mentioned on a profile, hate it. I don't want recognition for tipping. Not why I tip. Once I tip, that is it, I don't want it mentioned again or brought up or anything. Just say thanks and move on. I've had models not really understand this and get kinda weird about it at first but it's just my preference. Would suck if model A saw model B getting bigger tips from a member and wonder why the guy is spending more on her. I get that it is none of her business what any member tips and they can tip however they like but that is just one of the many reasons why I don't care for it. Can totally understand why some guys would like the attention but everyone is different.

PunkInDrublic said:
Kickaz said:
Mentioned this in the new model advice thread before and yeah, super annoying for a few reasons. The most annoying part I've seen is assuming members will be jealous or even impressed by what she makes. Models should try to keep in mind that some members are on a completely different level when it comes to money so you will look really silly bragging about what you make to them.
You clearly haven't heard of the particular number/incident we're talking about here. :lol: It's way more than you think, and yes, everyone is impressed, and it actually is very much money (I don't know how much you think #1 makes?, and members who heard her say it live reacted in a very jealous way, and that is why models should generally keep quiet about it. Members' tipping behavior may change if they find out how much top models make, and that's a problem, it's already been discussed here.

2YFfur1.gif

^My legit irl reaction whenever LilyMarie responds to my posts. I don't even know why she does other than maybe she just likes getting shit on, being German and all.

You are totally right tho Lily. You are always right. A million apologies and totally my bad for having a different opinion and not seeing things the same as you. Now if you will excuse me, I'm going to watch some wrasslin. Yup, would rather watch grown men fake fight in their underwear instead of explaining myself and conversing with a super cute foreign woman.

Status
Not open for further replies.