AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What is the most annoying thing a model can do?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
PunkInDrublic said:
2YFfur1.gif

^My legit irl reaction whenever LilyMarie responds to my posts. I don't even know why she does other than maybe she just likes getting shit on, being German and all.

You are totally right tho Lily. You are always right. A million apologies and totally my bad for having a different opinion and not seeing things the same as you. Now if you will excuse me, I'm going to watch some wrasslin. Yup, would rather watch grown men fake fight in their underwear instead of explaining myself and conversing with a super cute foreign woman.

Literally all I did was explaining that it's way more money than you think and that people are actually jealous; this is not about "a different opinion". You simply don't know what numbers we're talking about.
But interpret that however you want. Great job on the insecure aggression again dude, and on bringing my nationality into this - that's going to make people here start liking you more, I'm sure. Ask yourself why you're reacting this aggressive to someone explaining to you why you're wrong. That can't be healthy.
"I don't even know why she does" - because this is a forum thread and we discuss things here and I can respond to whatever I want, especially when someone's obviously under a totally wrong impression?

PunkInDrublic said:
2YFfur1.gif

^My legit irl reaction whenever LilyMarie responds to my posts. I don't even know why she does other than maybe she just likes getting shit on, being German and all.

You are totally right tho Lily. You are always right. A million apologies and totally my bad for having a different opinion and not seeing things the same as you. Now if you will excuse me, I'm going to watch some wrasslin. Yup, would rather watch grown men fake fight in their underwear instead of explaining myself and conversing with a super cute foreign woman.
Wow. I keep my mouth shut for the most part but holy mother of fuck. Take your butthurt from whatever the fuck the first time you felt belittled from and seriously. Act like a grown up. Whoa. Carry on. I said my shit. Commence attacking me, by all means. But jebus.

LilyMarie said:
Great job on the insecure aggression again dude, and on bringing my nationality into this - that's going to make people here start liking you more, I'm sure. Ask yourself why you're reacting this aggressive to someone explaining to you why you're wrong. That can't be healthy.
How is making goofy jokes aggressive or insecure? Oh my god no I brought up and made a joke about a German stereotype(and how shocking is it that a German didn't find something funny). And I wasn't wrong, not even a right or wrong situation but hey, I hear telling people they are wrong when it isn't really a right or wrong situation is super healthy. I guess I'm just totally butthurt(lol haven't seen this word in a while, extra hilarious when the person using it tells you to act like a grown up) yall.

Reactions: Misono
Let's stay on topic.
I find it weird when models post their wish lists on Twitter and then a few hours later or the next day bitch about members not buying them anything. :?
Hmm... honey it's great to receive presents but bitching about it makes you look like a total asshole that thinks the world ows you something.

Kickaz said:
Let's stay on topic.
I find it weird when models post their wish lists on Twitter and then a few hours later or the next day bitch about members not buying them anything. :?
Hmm... honey it's great to receive presents but bitching about it makes you look like a total asshole that thinks the world ows you something.

YES! You should NEVER expect anything from anyone, then if they do then go on to tip you randomly or buy you something then that is amazing. But expecting it? Spoiled bitch much?

StacySins said:
Kickaz said:
Let's stay on topic.

YES! You should NEVER expect anything from anyone, then if they do then go on to tip you randomly or buy you something then that is amazing. But expecting it? Spoiled bitch much?

playing devil's advocate here because I tell my members NOT to get me stuff off my wishlist and I use it mainly for myself but some guys like that bratty, entitled princess-type. also Dommes. it's not my bag but I definitely know some people who are into it.
in a regular scenario though, yes, it's very tacky and entitled.

housewifeswag said:
StacySins said:
Kickaz said:
Let's stay on topic.

playing devil's advocate here because I tell my members NOT to get me stuff off my wishlist and I use it mainly for myself but some guys like that bratty, entitled princess-type. also Dommes. it's not my bag but I definitely know some people who are into it.

THIS is so important. One of my cam girl friends is a domme, and recently somebody was trying to give her shit for saying a 10 token offline tip wasn't a good tip. Would I ever go to my twitter and say such a thing about an offline tip? Of course not! But am I going to judge someone else for doing it, when that's what her camming persona is all about? No. That's her thing. That's how she rolls. That's why people go to her. They want that type of attitude.

Eventually, the person giving her shit was like, "Ohhh yeah...you're a domme!" and dropped it.

Basically, before we get all judgey mcjudgerson on cam girls, I think we need to remember how many different types there are out there...not all of them will be our cup of tea, which is fine and understandable. I mean, if it is annoying to you, then it will simply be annoying. However, we shouldn't give cam girls shit for playing their part.

Kickaz said:
Let's stay on topic.
It also blows my mind when girls focus so much on wishlist items or gift cards, but then complain* about their MFC rank not being as high as they want it.

That money people spend on gifts for you, or for gift cards for you to shop for frilly things you don't really need may have gone toward tokens if you focused your efforts the right way, Chickadees! I know some may justify it as "well they get me new dildos and lingerie!" but how much of that do you really need that you'd sacrifice tokens for it?

*I use "complain" loosely. May not be outright bitching about low rank, but certainly making it obvious they would like to get higher in the ranks.

PicNic said:
housewifeswag said:
StacySins said:
Kickaz said:
Let's stay on topic.

THIS is so important. One of my cam girl friends is a domme, and recently somebody was trying to give her shit for saying a 10 token offline tip wasn't a good tip. Would I ever go to my twitter and say such a thing about an offline tip? Of course not! But am I going to judge someone else for doing it, when that's what her camming persona is all about? No. That's her thing. That's how she rolls. That's why people go to her. They want that type of attitude.

Eventually, the person giving her shit was like, "Ohhh yeah...you're a domme!" and dropped it.

Basically, before we get all judgey mcjudgerson on cam girls, I think we need to remember how many different types there are out there...not all of them will be our cup of tea, which is fine and understandable. I mean, if it is annoying to you, then it will simply be annoying. However, we shouldn't give cam girls shit for playing their part.

My comment wasn't regarding dommes, findom or anything like that - that's part of their job and that is fine. I was talking about the girls that think they deserve everything under the sun just because they exist. If you get me?

Just want to quickly apologize to LilyMarie for the German comments. Was dumb of me. Wasn't meant as anything more than a lighthearted joke but if it offended you, I'm sorry. For the record tho, I did call her super cute. Used up my 1 compliment every 1000 posts quota on her. She should feel honored to be quite frank.

LilyMarie said:
zippypinhead said:
Do models actually brag about how much they make? That just seems like odd behavior to me. But I don't get too involved in the politics at the top. Is it common?
The last #1 girl tweeted and said in her chatroom a few times how much she made last month. Whether that can be considered "bragging" is something everyone has to judge for themselves but it's a very problematic thing to do, as Luthien explained.

This is why I thought it smacked of Jealousy. I know kickaz is incredibly popular and clearly is not short for cash but just thought that the timing to mention it was a bit weird after the very close race for the top spot last month.

I know the #1 spot was switching almost daily up until the deadline and she came in second but hey I'd still bet it was her most profitable month ever.

Was not trying to be offensive and if I misread the situation then I would like to apologize to Kickaz because she's awesome and actually I wanted her to win anyway.

I'm not really sure if this counts as annoying or not, but I stumbled across one girl that left me scratching my head a bit. I'm trying my best to research camming before I finally start this week, so I visit a lot of girl's rooms at random as a guest, just to be a fly on the wall and see how they do things.

One girl had the new model tag, and I clicked on her chat. She popped up, and instantly I did a bit of a double take because at first she looked like a regular girl-head photoshopped onto a different body. They just...didn't match up. I can't explain it. As I watched for a few minutes I realized it was just the angle of the camera, or something was just majorly wrong with the lens of the camera itself. But she never spoke - even her music sounded like it was being directly streamed or something. She was getting tipped like crazy, random tips from all different people, some going up to 1000. Each time she'd get a tip, she'd come to the camera, roll her eyes and give a dirty look to the camera, never thanking anyone. It was strange. But I guess if it's working, it's working.

hihowrubb said:
LilyMarie said:
zippypinhead said:
Do models actually brag about how much they make? That just seems like odd behavior to me. But I don't get too involved in the politics at the top. Is it common?
The last #1 girl tweeted and said in her chatroom a few times how much she made last month. Whether that can be considered "bragging" is something everyone has to judge for themselves but it's a very problematic thing to do, as Luthien explained.

This is why I thought it smacked of Jealousy. I know kickaz is incredibly popular and clearly is not short for cash but just thought that the timing to mention it was a bit weird after the very close race for the top spot last month.

I know the #1 spot was switching almost daily up until the deadline and she came in second but hey I'd still bet it was her most profitable month ever.

Was not trying to be offensive and if I misread the situation then I would like to apologize to Kickaz because she's awesome and actually I wanted her to win anyway.
Thanks for clarifying. :)

I believe it's not about jealousy, but moreso about her wanting to be less "in yo face!" about her earnings, so when the girl who finished very close to her in rank was being so open about it, sort of ruined that for her. I get it.

AmberCutie said:
hihowrubb said:
LilyMarie said:
zippypinhead said:

Thanks for clarifying. :)

I believe it's not about jealousy, but moreso about her wanting to be less "in yo face!" about her earnings, so when the girl who finished very close to her in rank was being so open about it, sort of ruined that for her. I get it.

Exactly this! Number 1 works hard and is deserving of every penny she made and I have no problem about her getting the title. If you really want to do the math though I was on my own the whole month but she had other models, which is great but still proves you my point and what every one else is saying that jealousy was not a motivator!
I would have had the same feelings if a model behind me but very close in rank opened up to her room about numbers. I'm not the girl that is "in your face" with what I make and I felt very uncomfortable when getting dozens of messages from members talking about my income (which they heard from the girl that we all know of).

Seems like drama follows that girl everywhere she turns. Some of it justified and some of it not I guess.

Anyways I hope you do get the number one spot soon Kick as for whatever small bit its worth you're actually the reason I even discovered MFC in the first place.

mynameisbob84 said:
Kickaz said:
Models that brag about how much money they make.

Kinda sorta somewhat related to this, it doesn't annoy me per se, but it does kinda make me wonder; and it's something that a lot of models seem to do, so I'm assuming it's something that most aren't bothered by - but screen-shotting big tips and posting them on social media. I tend to give them the benefit of the doubt and assume that it's not done to brag and is more of a "hey, the craziest thing happened today" kinda thing. I always wonder how other models/members feel about that kind of thing and whether it's always viewed positively though.

I wonder if the person who tipped would want their generosity and deep pockets being announced to potentially thousands of other members/models/strangers. I wonder if they'd worry that other models might expect similar tips from them or that other models they visit might feel bad that they've never received a tip of that size from the member. I wonder if other members might see it and think "well that model's already set for the month, I'll spend my tokens somewhere else". I wonder if other models - especially those who might be struggling that month - truly enjoy the reminder that other models aren't struggling at all. As a member, I think were I suddenly rich and generous enough to drop a megatip, I'd want to avoid all that so would just tip privately/anonymously. But everybody's different, I guess.

I've seen it where a model has a bunch of tippers in a room and most of them leave permanently. At this point, she's left with only a couple that end up finishing all her counts while everyone waits to see if new tippers come. And the rest of the people in the room are so used to expecting other people to tip they just don't give her any tokens. "Why bother if the counts are going to be done anyways?" is what they were most likely thinking.

AmberCutie said:
Kickaz said:
Let's stay on topic.
It also blows my mind when girls focus so much on wishlist items or gift cards, but then complain* about their MFC rank not being as high as they want it.

That money people spend on gifts for you, or for gift cards for you to shop for frilly things you don't really need may have gone toward tokens if you focused your efforts the right way, Chickadees! I know some may justify it as "well they get me new dildos and lingerie!" but how much of that do you really need that you'd sacrifice tokens for it?

*I use "complain" loosely. May not be outright bitching about low rank, but certainly making it obvious they would like to get higher in the ranks.

There are lots of things we DO need on amazon too. Just yesterday I received a mighty fine order of 24 tins of cat food :lol:
Most of the time I actually use these things to enjoy shopping for myself guilt free. I think gift cards have a different sort of value than actual money.

I just don't understand why members knowing means they'll tip less. I feel like if questioned about it, the answer is likely "Well, they don't NEED the money anymore!" But I'm pretty sure Ben & Jerry's doesn't need more money, but if that's your favorite ice cream you don't stop buying it. Models aren't a charity, they're a business. Buy their content, tip for the shows you watch, etc. You can be friends with business owners of course, but that doesn't mean that you stopped enjoying the product. It just seems very white knight-y, I guess, and I'd like to believe people tip me because they like my work, not out of pity or misplaced moral high ground.

Now, if the girl is legitimately bragging rather than just factually stating numbers, I get that is a turn off to many. However in that case, you're leaving because she has an attitude that you don't like, not because of the numbers, right?

NataliaGrey said:
I just don't understand why members knowing means they'll tip less. I feel like if questioned about it, the answer is likely "Well, they don't NEED the money anymore!" But I'm pretty sure Ben & Jerry's doesn't need more money, but if that's your favorite ice cream you don't stop buying it. Models aren't a charity, they're a business. Buy their content, tip for the shows you watch, etc. You can be friends with business owners of course, but that doesn't mean that you stopped enjoying the product. It just seems very white knight-y, I guess, and I'd like to believe people tip me because they like my work, not out of pity or misplaced moral high ground.

Now, if the girl is legitimately bragging rather than just factually stating numbers, I get that is a turn off to many. However in that case, you're leaving because she has an attitude that you don't like, not because of the numbers, right?

If it's a member who already knows/likes/supports that model, I don't think it would make a difference either way. I can see members who have maybe visited that model once or twice but haven't really gotten to know her yet deciding to spend their tokens elsewhere though. I think some members tip for the reaction and the attention that comes with that reaction. If a member only has a certain amount of tokens, they might think they'll get a bigger reaction and more attention for their tip if it goes to a model who (as far as they know) hasn't already received much bigger tips than they can afford that month. It is kinda white knight-y, but I'd wager it happens all the same.

Members also often frequent more than one room. They might enjoy spending time with Models A, B and C equally and are happy being in any of their rooms and spending their tokens on any of those models. Model A might be having a really good month, while Model C might be really struggling. In that kind of situation, I can see the members choosing to spend more tokens on Model C that month than Model A. :twocents-02cents:

NataliaGrey said:

I don't buy it either. I have a feeling that the people who claim they wouldn't tip a model after finding out how much they make are people who aren't tipping much in the first place, but are just looking for something else to complain about. We have a tendency to identify with those who have more than us because we would like to be in that position at some point. Politicians use this strategy to pass tax laws that benefit only the richest people by getting support from the poor and middle class. These people will likely never be in a position to benefit, but they support it anyway because they want to be rich someday.

Bragging about how much more you have is tactless, regardless of the amount. So for me, it's 100% about the attitude. I would stop supporting/visiting a model if they felt the need to constantly brag about their income even if it was less than mine to be honest. You don't need to marginalize others to appreciate what you have.

ThePioneer said:
Bragging about how much more you have is tactless, regardless of the amount. So for me, it's 100% about the attitude. I would stop supporting/visiting a model if they felt the need to constantly brag about their income even if it was less than mine to be honest. You don't need to marginalize others to appreciate what you have.
This would be it for me too. Even if the amount was much less than my own, it pretty common place manners to not discuss or brag about money... so I guess it would come down to tone for me. A shocked and bewildered mention wouldn't bother me but a gloaty tone would send me packing pretty fast.

LilyPink said:
AmberCutie said:
Kickaz said:
Let's stay on topic.

There are lots of things we DO need on amazon too. Just yesterday I received a mighty fine order of 24 tins of cat food :lol:
Most of the time I actually use these things to enjoy shopping for myself guilt free. I think gift cards have a different sort of value than actual money.

Models can't really force people to buy them things or send them tokens. Members generally do whatever they want. A lot of them don't like giving MFC part of the cut, so they'll buy stuff off of wishlists. If a model's only job is MFC, then that stuff would have been bought from money garnered from tokens anyways. They might as well give people options on how they can help them out. Every model shows their appreciation for these things in different ways.

Taken from the room of a model who is apparently quitting end of this pay period.

Goodguy58: I think just about everybody is the truth is very few of us put ourselves out to help
Goodguy58: So we are going to loose the best model on MFC
Goodguy58: :appl One
zx6rscotty: your leaving
zx6rscotty: why you stoping camming
Goodguy58: No point in staying if only a few of us tip regularly
Dr_Shot: you can call me anything you want
zx6rscotty: you cant do ur new job and a little bit of camming
Goodguy58: Have you ever tipped scotty?

Model made no effort to control this guy at all. He's the reason I stopped going to the room in the first place, and only went back in tonight as I'd seen over Twitter they were calling it a day. Sure he tips lots, but his attitude to everyone else puts people, me at least, off tipping. This then spirals into a "Why is nobody tipping?" thing.

Misono said:
Taken from the room of a model who is apparently quitting end of this pay period.

Goodguy58: I think just about everybody is the truth is very few of us put ourselves out to help

Model made no effort to control this guy at all. He's the reason I stopped going to the room in the first place, and only went back in tonight as I'd seen over Twitter they were calling it a day. Sure he tips lots, but his attitude to everyone else puts people, me at least, off tipping. This then spirals into a "Why is nobody tipping?" thing.

This happened to me about a month ago, and honestly I let the guy run with it because as a model, I was sick of seeing the same people who never tip or chat in my room every day for months. Most didn't come back after his spiel (which was much worse than the guy in your post) and surprise, it had zero effect on my room.

I can deal with there being people who don't ever tip, but how shitty is that for a member who sees a room of 150 people, he tips 1000 once or twice to see progress in a countdown and then no one else helps out? It makes me feel really bad for the member who tipped, and I can do what I can like give videos, but when someone wants a public show it's just not the same.

I think I've said this here before, but it bears repeating.
Retweeting fucking dick pics and then attaching smart ass comments to them/telling them you're going to block. Cool, that's nice. How about you do it in a way that doesn't also force this dick pic onto your thousands of followers who also don't want to see it. This is just as bad as who originally sent the dick pick, and yet here we are, models doing this every day. STOPPPPPPP.

NoelleBright said:
I think I've said this here before, but it bears repeating.
Retweeting fucking dick pics and then attaching smart ass comments to them/telling them you're going to block. Cool, that's nice. How about you do it in a way that doesn't also force this dick pic onto your thousands of followers who also don't want to see it. This is just as bad as who originally sent the dick pick, and yet here we are, models doing this every day. STOPPPPPPP.

^^^ This, so much!

100% of the dick pics that show up on my timeline are retweeted by models i follow. :lol:

LuthienBlythe said:
Misono said:

This happened to me about a month ago, and honestly I let the guy run with it because as a model, I was sick of seeing the same people who never tip or chat in my room every day for months. Most didn't come back after his spiel (which was much worse than the guy in your post) and surprise, it had zero effect on my room.

I can deal with there being people who don't ever tip, but how shitty is that for a member who sees a room of 150 people, he tips 1000 once or twice to see progress in a countdown and then no one else helps out? It makes me feel really bad for the member who tipped, and I can do what I can like give videos, but when someone wants a public show it's just not the same.

I used to hang out in a room where I was generally the only guy tipping toward countdown. There were generally two other tippers but neither tipped toward countdown. It could at times be mildly annoying but it never really caused me to ponder leaving the model's room. It was when those two decided to get on their high horses about lurkers not tipping and started tipping against countdown (to raise the countdown total) that I tended to just leave the room.

NataliaGrey said:
Yup, at least for me. Don't give a shit what she makes, even in the unlikely event that it is more than me. Not just the bragging but a big part would be why would she think members are jealous? I would like to think that most members would be happy that a model they like is doing good. Not going to be mad about it, would be happy. Another model here said this
Would you want to tip someone if they announced that they made more than you? Probably not
I don't think most tipping members would really care depending on how it was said. Pretty sure a good amount of the guys tipping top models know and they don't really seem to care. They are simply happy for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.