AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What is the most annoying thing a model can do?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I just point out here that after some considerable research for my thesis, which is based on the experience of female webcam performers; I have found that although the cam sites do retain a considerable amount of each payment they do have considerable overheads. The more I learned about performers experiences and the relationships they have with the cam sites the less I realised I knew about how the sites run and so I did some research; Mainly interviewing executives and consultants that work in the industry and what I discovered is this; In order for sites the operate they need huge amounts of traffic, which is generated in several ways mainly by the sites own affiliates or by independent affiliates. Independent affiliates are paid between 25% and 35% per cent of the income that they generate for the web sites. Cam performers can also act as affiliates but they don't generate nearly as much traffic. Obviously the larger cam sites drive a lot of their own traffic but the payment of affiliates takes a considerable proportion of the money retained by the cam sites. As much as 60% of traffic on smaller sites is generated by independent affiliates.
Payment as a rule does not go directly from customer to the cam site it generally passes through a third party such as CCBill who obviously charge commission , credit card companies also tend to charge larger commissions on adult industry transactions so typically they charge between 7 and 15%.
Then there are other expenses such as employing staff, infrastructure of websites, investments in technologies etc. I estimate that of the money that the sites keep from the money that they retain as profit is between 10 and 20 percent of the typically 40-60% they retain . So for example performer generates 10 dollars , she keeps 3.50 host site keeps between 0.65 and 13.5 and the rest is overheads . This does demonstrate though what a lot of money is generated by the industry because the general estimate is that the profit for the webcam sites this year will be between 2 and 3 billion and which implies that between 20 and 30 billion is actually being generated. This does not take into account the amount of money they make for example from the white label sites and advertising.
Strangely enough this is sort of represented in my research which is revealing that performers main issues with the sites tends to be the way that performers images are used rather than the division of income, although lets be honest no one is thrilled about handing up to 60% of what they customer pays at source.
Hope this helps

Rachel

Cam performers can also act as affiliates but they don't generate nearly as much traffic.
That's because most cammodels don't know about it and don't know how to practically market themselves. Most of serious models just create their own. On SM, if a customer signs up with our model affiliate link, we get 70% of what they spend on us (additional 35%), and only 20% if they spend on other models. But if we create our own, we get flat 35% of whatever the customer spends and it doesn't matter who. The site has yet to give me a clear answer why this is or even reply to my question.

So that being said streamate models -> cambuilder.com. All you have to do is register a domain.

That's because most cammodels don't know about it and don't know how to practically market themselves. Most of serious models just create their own. On SM, if a customer signs up with our model affiliate link, we get 70% of what they spend on us (additional 35%), and only 20% if they spend on other models. But if we create our own, we get flat 35% of whatever the customer spends and it doesn't matter who. The site has yet to give me a clear answer why this is or even reply to my question.

So that being said streamate models -> cambuilder.com. All you have to do is register a domain.
Which is also where Skype private comes into its own too

I was a cam affiliate and it was decent money but I made more money marketing dating sites. But there are cam affiliates who make a ton of money with their lifetime revenue share deals, where they get X percentage of what the customers they bring in spend. I also advertised for a solo cam girl who did shows only on skype. Laypeople rarely spend the time to understand what it takes to run a site and the amount of overhead a site has. Without knowing that it is easy to complain that you want $20 spent to = $20 in a model's hand but that is how you put a site and models out of business.

Just a friendly reminder that it's not just MFC and Models. Payment processors take a percentage of each transaction, and because the service is adult it is a much higher percentage because it's considered a "high risk" transaction. Then you take into account the fines for when models break payment processor rules... the fines that the rule breaking models never see, which can often exceed $300,000 or more.

Then obviously you have developers, traffic, server cost (oye vey) yadda yadda... If a model were to run her own site without a platform base, chances are she would be paying more than the cut MFC takes, because bulk services always get lower overhead than small shops.

These are just the realities of online adult services.

I feel like we are close to getting out of this tangent we've gone on, but I just want to clarify that when I post stuff like this:
I think it's funny people are disagreeing with my post above when that's actually the way that it works though.

Seriously people disagreeing with that are just completely wrong.
it is only when I 100% know that what I've said is a true fact, not just a strong opinion on something. I reserve these moments of steadfastness and bold attitude for the very rare times that people are just ignoring facts. :)

I am glad that my insistence, along with other folks chiming in with information, actually provided someone enough insight to realize their mistake. (And of course really appreciate them admitting it and trying to understand.)

Just a caveat: Of course a model can wear whatever they like, this is just my personal taste .

I really hate cheap wigs, especially if the model is always wearing a cheap wig, looks ridiculous and I can't understand how the models can't see that

Back under my rock now :bag:

I'll add another one to my list: not allowing downloads of purchased videos, can only watch videos on the model's site/server.

I get the reasons behind it. But still...I like owning possession of my digital content. It honestly has discouraged me from buying more videos from models at times. Having a text doc full of individual video file links and passwords isn't ideal.

Leaving their cam on when they leave for a while, instead of setting it to "Away" or going offline.

I didn't even know I could choose 'away'. I only know it did that for private shows and I could undo it after. cheers :)

Reactions: emptiedglass
I didn't even know I could choose 'away'. I only know it did that for private shows and I could undo it after. cheers :)
Placing yourself in away status is not highly recommended unless you really need to make sure the room can't see or hear anything for a minute.

what I discovered is this; In order for sites the operate they need huge amounts of traffic,

I bet they could cut down on their overheads substantially by denying HD streaming to greys and anons.

would that deter people enough to eat into their advertising revenues?

I bet they could cut down on their overheads substantially by denying HD streaming to greys and anons.

would that deter people enough to eat into their advertising revenues?

It's a risky trade-off: sure, it might deal with the eternal guests/basics/greys/anons (or not), but what will it do to new people who just found out about the site? Odds are that a non-negligible number of people will leave the site due to the lower quality, just because they haven't read the 'join the site to get a higher quality video feed' (and we know that would happen - just look at how many members don't read profiles/topics/chat).

Another thing you have to take in consideration is opportunity cost - is it worth spending the time/money implementing a lower quality for those users or to use that development time/money on features that might appeal to users? So far, it looks like most sites have done the analysis and have decided to add new features instead of limiting non-paying users (just look at MFC or CB and the features they are adding). Maybe at a later stage they might decide that your suggestion is the next important thing to do, but currently it doesn't seem to be the case.

I hate it when I don't tip a model ever and I ask for free content and they say no. So rude of them.

Does a MILF have to be an older woman or is it just a woman who has had a kid?

Considering it literally stands for "mother i love to fuck," not, "older mom i love to fuck," I'm going with the latter.

Not annoying, but I didn't find a place for "things models say / do that make you lol." In private and she excuses herself to get something for the pain the "Jaws" is causing her. Comes back and discloses shark week usual calendar days and duration, and pains associated with it. Says that I should remember from now on. I told her I would take note of the days so I knew when not to come. Was a half-joke because I've gotten privates from her before when it was that time. we both laughed and had a good time after.

But I was just like TMI because she started to ask if I had sex with a girl on her period, how was it, would I do it again. So I had to steer her in a different direction lol. Don't really understand the curiosity about my sex life with a girl on her period, but whatevs. Not really trying to fantasize about making sexy time while a girl is on that time. I've done it, still felt good, but not my particular ideal situation.

Im going to drag this up again, with an example, and we can we how many contradictions we can find...

View attachment 68584
Reason number 232542 not to sign up for camming under a studio: they will make you look stupid by creating your profile for you with bogus key word bullshit, AND an avatar from google images.

Screen Shot 2017-02-09 at 5.51.39 PM.png

Not annoying, but I didn't find a place for "things models say / do that make you lol." In private and she excuses herself to get something for the pain the "Jaws" is causing her. Comes back and discloses shark week usual calendar days and duration, and pains associated with it. Says that I should remember from now on. I told her I would take note of the days so I knew when not to come. Was a half-joke because I've gotten privates from her before when it was that time. we both laughed and had a good time after.

But I was just like TMI because she started to ask if I had sex with a girl on her period, how was it, would I do it again. So I had to steer her in a different direction lol. Don't really understand the curiosity about my sex life with a girl on her period, but whatevs. Not really trying to fantasize about making sexy time while a girl is on that time. I've done it, still felt good, but not my particular ideal situation.
;)
https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/threads/things-models-say-that-make-you-go-lol.12327/

I hate it when I see models with avatars of a celebrity's cleavage or body, like, insanely obvious who it is, and act like it is them.

DMing me at 2am on Twitter with "Selling custom b/g vids 10mins 15000 tokens".

Three points:

- Just post this on your normal Twitter, if people are interested they'll see it.
- Advertising custom vids to someone via DM who you previously messed about for months about a past order for a custom vid is probably not going to get you a purchase.
- When the previous bad experience finally resulted in your video, but the action only shows in 1/3rd of the screen because it's how it was recorded, doesn't instill confidence in video quality.
- 15,000 tokens for 10mins is just stupid money, more so given the above. $1200 for a video that you may or may not receive in the timescales they advise, that may or may not be filmed in a good way.

I get turned off by a cam-person who doesn't take responsibility for not earning as many tips as she/he/they wanted to. I would think that one would appreciate the challenge and competition of engaging an audience of loyal fans. It keeps me motivated to stay creative and active while on cam so that viewers get interesting and energetic shows with plenty of variety.

Reactions: Yavin4MFC
Well I certainly did not name names, but yes it was annoying/disappointing.

The general expectation for a lingerie set is a girl starts of in lingerie and then gets out of it. Every other picture set I've purchased including several marked lingerie include nudity. I've purchased Playboy Lingerie magazines for less than the 150 tokens, which have a 100 pages of girls in and out of lingerie, including MFC Camgirls. So it was also number of pictures (actually only 6), my expectation of picture set is at least 20 picture, if it is inexpensive say 50 tokens than a dozen is ok and often got sets with more than 50. Part of the appeal of the contest was the consolation prize. Yes I could have only tipped 77, but I wanted to get into the spirit of the competition until I realized that I was on the losing team. Surely you aren't criticizing me for tipping more.

Since you don't offer picture sets, and your banner didn't offer any specific I had no way of knowing what was included. Obviously our expectation were different. But if you look at other girls, I think you'll agree that paid picture sets include nudity, and more than 6 pictures are the norm.
FWIW, I liked your video I won in a previous contest.
This is really great feedback! I'm a newer model and I have wanted to know what guys expect and are satisfied with when paying for picture sets.

Reactions: HiGirlsRHot
Status
Not open for further replies.