AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What is the most annoying thing a model can do?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
when they are toooo outwardly money hungry. I understand its a job, I understand a jobs function is to make money, but it think its a little about playing the game too. being obsessive and aggressive about tokens takes guys out of the game and i think out of that spell that makes them want to sign their paycheck over to a girl lol.

maybe it works for some girls, if it does keep on keepin on

just personal perference

Overusing Snapchat filters, especially the ones that change your voice.
In the same vein, starting every snapchat with "so..", it's such a small thing but it drives me nuts.
Occasionally there will be a girl on MFC's snap who I will just want to skip through and all you hear is "so..so..so..so..so..so..so..so..soooooooo"

Bad sound. Just cant stand it.
Please remember that it's VERY hard for us to know unless people tell us, and tons of models will appreciate the heck out of a heads up!

This! Yes! I make a point to tell my room this when someone mentions sound, lag or anything along those lines that I can potentially fix if I know it's happening! The other day I was doing a picture-in-picture show to play mario kart and when I plugged in my second cam it changed my default mic (my Yeti) to the mic on the cam I had just plugged in, but I had no idea until finally someone mentioned that I sounded quieter than usual, and 'far away' so I looked into it and fixed the problem! It may seem like you're being a nuisance or a whiner, but I imagine 99% of models will appreciate the input!!!

Please remember that it's VERY hard for us to know unless people tell us, and tons of models will appreciate the heck out of a heads up!

when they are toooo outwardly money hungry. I understand its a job, I understand a jobs function is to make money, but it think its a little about playing the game too. being obsessive and aggressive about tokens takes guys out of the game and i think out of that spell that makes them want to sign their paycheck over to a girl lol.

maybe it works for some girls, if it does keep on keepin on

just personal perference

I don't think most models understand that mentioning that they're at work and on their "shift" is a huge turn off for people watching. We aren't stupid we know you're here to earn money and not just for the hell of it but there are better ways of going about it than screaming "I'M AT WORK, PAY ME"

I don't think most models understand that mentioning that they're at work and on their "shift" is a huge turn off for people watching. We aren't stupid we know you're here to earn money and not just for the hell of it but there are better ways of going about it than screaming "I'M AT WORK, PAY ME"

I totally get where you're coming from on this and agree to some degree... that said, I've found that the more I avoid the words "job" and "work" on cam and on twitter, the more shit I get for taking one or two days off—aka having a mid-week "weekend." Has anyone else had this experience?

I usually state this as a request I have of my mods (they're my audience pair of eyes), since quality control is a large part of their role.

Actually heard a model just the other night say she wished she could tell other models that they've blown out their sound or mics, but didn't want to come across as telling them how to do their job.

So to that angle, annoying things models do should also include "reinventing the wheel/assuming they are unique/no one else understands (audio production, video production, digital marketing, social media, promotions, etc) except other models". Yes, models get hit way too often with people offering to help and explain their job to them, but at the same time...c'mon. We're all in this together.

To add another one...when models assume that a member knows when the model has received their amazon gift, assumes that the member knows the model is grateful for that gift, and assumes that their happy thoughts towards the member count as any form of thanks or acknowledgement.

Amazon can at times sucks. It really helps to know if a package arrived or needs to be reordered.

I totally get where you're coming from on this and agree to some degree... that said, I've found that the more I avoid the words "job" and "work" on cam and on twitter, the more shit I get for taking one or two days off—aka having a mid-week "weekend." Has anyone else had this experience?
Hmm, I must be one of the few who prefer it when a model uses words like "work" and "shift", since it so clearly states what they are doing and allows them to set boundaries like days off, giving people a breather.

I usually state this as a request I have of my mods (they're my audience pair of eyes), since quality control is a large part of their role.

Maybe you should hire a mod, or room helper, JoleneBrody.com

Maybe you should hire a mod, or room helper, JoleneBrody.com
Yeah I'll pass. My frands are always rad about giving me a heads up when things sound off, no special status required.
But I think many members just don't realize that it's nearly impossible for us to know when it's a sound issue, without them telling us. I'm lucky to not have that issue but I hate to think how many girls have been camming for months, completely unaware there sound is bad.
Also... why did you address me by my website address? o_O not that it's bad just... odd

I have never heard of someone paying someone to be their room helper.

I have never heard of someone paying as a room helper.
same, usually when I have one it's my main night shift guy that I've known forever and he volunteers--it helps I send him a few boob snaps in exchange and a bit of extra attention because he's rad as fuck, but there is no moneys.

But I think many members just don't realize that it's nearly impossible for us to know when it's a sound issue, without them telling us.

generally I don't mention it because if I see a room has hundreds or even thousands of people in it, I assume they've been camming long enough that they're aware of it, and may just have a hostile response (silencing/etc.).

I hate to think how many girls have been camming for months, completely unaware there sound is bad.

so much for the cliche about women being the masters of communication :p
whenever I move the cam/change the setup/start a show/PVT/app I always check in with people that they don't need to refresh or it's not lagging or too loud or anything. There are quality issues my hardware can't change, but I can at least show that I care about _doing my best_ to give them a good show.

generally I don't mention it because if I see a room has hundreds or even thousands of people in it, I assume they've been camming long enough t

Say something, seriously. I used to have issues on CB with my sound randomly not working, and I would be fairly sure it was glitching, so I would both say and type, "can anyone hear me?" to be answered with crickets. No "yes, we can", no "nope, your sound is off", just pure, straight up, nothing. I'd rather someone pop in and chew me out for having shitty/no sound than everyone just let me broadcast like that, though, obviously, a polite heads-up is preferable to a chew-out.

I'd rather someone pop in and chew me out for having shitty/no sound than everyone just let me broadcast like that, though, obviously, a polite heads-up is preferable to a chew-out.

you might, but then there are other people who'll have a 'how dare you' response, perhaps mods moreso than models themselves. it's no big deal to mods to flex their muscle and silence or ban people and assume they're being helpful. and since I don't know who these people are (who is like you, and who isn't), I err on the side of caution.

it's why I mention on my bio things I'm good with and not going to be a dick about, because I don't want people to feel they're taking a risk when they communicate their needs or issues.

If you politely (bolded because typing "BITCH YOU SOUND LIKE ASS" probably isn't gonna go over well) inform someone the sound is wonky and they freak out or are the type to allow shitty ass mods to freak out and ban you, who cares? Why are we arguing against letting models know their sound is funky?

option 1. sound sucks so you leave.
option 2. model sucks and forces you to leave when you let her know the sound is bad.
option 3. model appreciates the heads up and fixes sound, everyone carries on happy after a likely frustrating few minutes trying to figure out how to fix the issue.

Last edited:

Yes, exactly! It's so annoying when I type and say "Can everyone see and hear me ok?" and no one has the courtesy to respond. I was on cam last week when that happened.

It's so frustrating when you're performing for a slow room and then someone new comes in and says your sound is wonk and the rest of the room agrees.

Thanks, guys. Letting me know my sound was shit would have been a super response to any of my inquiries such as "what's up?" "How's it going?" or "How is my sound and video today?" >_>

Similar vein, but one of the nicest things a cam friend has ever done is remind me to move my microphone to the floor for cum shows. It's amazing how out of 300+ people, no one will let you know the mic's too far away. I've had to find out via the recording.

I have never heard of someone paying someone to be their room helper.

I've never thought about this before, but... should models pay room helpers? Being a room mod (a good one anyway) is by definition, work. It's taking on some of the model's responsibilities so that she can devote her full attention to other aspects of her job. In any other profession, there'd be monetary compensation for the person doing that.

Most room mods seem more than willing to help their favourite models for free, so in practical terms, the issue of payment is a non-issue. But from an ethical standpoint, should it be? The culture of camming rightly dictates that a cam girl's time is money. In the interest of fairness, should that not apply to members too?

I don't know the answer btw. Just pondering the question, innit.

As a change of topic!

When I'm watching as a member, the thing that annoys me is when a model is obviously plastered but still accepting tokens for shots. Dude, just put them as the running queue for the next show--your liver would like you to stop.

I dunno if I can agree with that. I'd suggest rather to just terminate that game/goal if you want to stop. like tipping for the sound-activated vibrators and 'torture me' games, some people may be tipping _precisely_ because she's already drunk; if she was to say 'thanks for the tips, but I won't follow through' that seems like a broken promise to me, since it was her game/rules, not just a random request. There'd have to be some caveat in the notifications about the game saying 'when I get to a certain point I might just stop and keep your tips until I feel like drinking again'). I mean, to that effect, I'll alter my tips menu to ensure it only has what I'm willing to do _that day_ at the drop of a hat. anything outside of that is merely negotiable or not happening at all.

I've never thought about this before, but... should models pay room helpers? Being a room mod (a good one anyway) is by definition, work. It's taking on some of the model's responsibilities so that she can devote her full attention to other aspects of her job. In any other profession, there'd be monetary compensation for the person doing that.

Most room mods seem more than willing to help their favourite models for free, so in practical terms, the issue of payment is a non-issue. But from an ethical standpoint, should it be? The culture of camming rightly dictates that a cam girl's time is money. In the interest of fairness, should that not apply to members too?

I don't know the answer btw. Just pondering the question, innit.

I think it's no more unethical that a mod doesn't get paid than that 85% of the audience don't pay for the show they get/the work the model does. It's a choice we make; if we decide it's not rewarding enough, then that's that. but it's a practical matter, not an ethical one. Maybe it would be different if you tweet and say 'hey [mod] I need you with me for 4 hours tonight from 6pm' instead of just showing appreciation for whichever mods happen to share your schedule at the time and want to join you.

I would definitely never deny a mod free entry to any show, though. to me that would just be incredibly obnoxious because there is naturally a give and take at work, or should be. I've never modded anyone who didn't make me feel good about what I'm doing and comfortable being myself and doing what I need to do.

Reactions: cherrybomb1111
New models here without identifying tags. You're here asking questions and wondering why you can't make money on X site. Some people here aren't models, and may or may not be drunk and looking for places to put tokens. And, miraculously check here first, to find new models to put tokens to, but during your quest for tokens, you couldn't be assed out to put a link in your avatar here. Sorry, I'm drunk....but yeah, point stands....

2. A model getting offended about single token tips (it's just playing around while we gauge if we want to tip big amounts)
agreed.
s'why it's nice to have the insight of both perspectives, model and customer. it should be obvious that any tip is a compliment of its own, and who gets mad at compliments? 'oh, I'm handsome you say and yet you won't suck my dick? fuck you, mom!' said no one ever (I hope).

4. Expecting that a user read the profile (some sites hide the profiles pretty well, and camsite etiquette takes users a long time to learn, plus all the blood going away from the brain doesn't steer people toward profiles first thing)

I'll tell people the thing is answered below, but I'm not mad, I take that as a compliment if they haven't bothered :p
some people even say 'oh, I haven't even seen it yet, didn't want to take my eyes off what was going on (which I can totally relate to). I don't usually check out a bio until things have been safely boring for a little while and I have time to explore :)

Status
Not open for further replies.