AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What is the most annoying thing a model can do?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally in agreeance with those saying models seeming desperate for money/gifts and models tweeting complaints about their shitty camshow/not receiving tips/gifts. No one cares.

Also, it turns Me off when a model is constantly oversharing about her feelings via social media. I understand camming can be a lonely, isolating career, but airing your dirty laundry on your social media platform is not a cute look, that's for marketing, and connecting with your fans, it's not your diary.

Reactions: JennyFae
Totally in agreeance with those saying models seeming desperate for money/gifts and models tweeting complaints about their shitty camshow/not receiving tips/gifts. No one cares.

Also, it turns Me off when a model is constantly oversharing about her feelings via social media. I understand camming can be a lonely, isolating career, but airing your dirty laundry on your social media platform is not a cute look, that's for marketing, and connecting with your fans, it's not your diary.
For models who market themselves with a sort of girlfriend experience (gfe) or have a lot of supporting regulars who enjoy her for being so "real", this sort of thing is part of the gig. I understand if some are annoyed by that, but it's a very common thing in the camming world.

I kind of do a borderline thing where I share a lot of my personal life/feelings/experiences as part of my cam girl schtick, and that's what works for me as far as I can tell. It's also what's comfortable for me and keeps me going in this job. If I had to shut off my personal stuff, I'd have probably quit and gone back to the corporate world by now.

calling members "fans" or "customers".
“Fans” always seems tacky and self-important to me, unless you’re really successful. I follow small scale Beauty bloggers who call their followers “fans” and it gives me second-hand embarrassment.

Oh man, it's been like... almost 7 years since I made a post about this subject.

I sometimes refer to "fans" but ultimately I call everyone who may join my room and support me a "member" or "supporter" because I do still feel fan/customer is too cold for how close I get with people in my room/etc.

Fans may be moreso the people that watch and enjoy from afar and may buy one clip ever, but not a recurring supporter or "internet friend" type.

Becoming so complacent and comfortable with a regular's presence that the model doesn't even try anymore, just expects your $ first, company second.

Case in point: taking a holiday break and having the beginning of a semester get in the way, I wasn't able to go for quite some time. I still opened snaps because why not? who doesn't like sexy pics and stuff? But for someone who has been a regular for 2 years, you'd think you'd get something more than a lame mass "merry christmas and happy new year snap" when someone has your personal number. So I just sent a lame snapchat sticker back in response.

So fast forward to couple days ago and I reply to a snap on a texting app. First time talking in about 2 months. But get met with a large amount of indifference...like..a bratty princess who is passive-aggressive about not being spoiled.

Really isn't the best way to win a regular back, especially when you know he was one of your good tippers. I don't know if I'm in the wrong for feeling entitled to receive more personal attention? I mean, not even a "hey" lol. Just impersonal mass snaps. But I think if you want continued business and spoiling, you should make more of an effort.

Don't know if this is one of those catch-22s like...You haven't been in some time so you can't expect even a "hey" or I haven't been in some time cause you don't even write a "hey"

I mean, not even a "hey" lol. Just impersonal mass snaps. But I think if you want continued business and spoiling, you should make more of an effort.

I respond to messages on my sc, but never initiate them. I extremely rarely initiate messages elsewhere too. I learned when I first started camming that though some members like the attention a lot don't. I never messaged for any reason other than asking how they were doing, but quite a few decided it was some sort of attempt at begging for tips. Granted this was more in the beginning, so a lot hadn't really gotten a chance to know that I'm not like that.

Anyway yes it sucks that she is barely sending out snaps, and acting that way. I don't know what her situation is, but that seems unnecessary of her. All I can think is due to your break, she decided you weren't going to tip anymore, and felt butthurt about it. No clue though if that's why obviously. I have a bare minimum to let guys know that they will get AT LEAST that.

• Helpful!
Reactions: des
I definitely say customer now that I'm on SM. Either reg or customer because it's either someone I have some rapport with or it's cold and clinical with no talking, just a random show where they type CUM BB CUM BB again and again.

Last edited:
Becoming so complacent and comfortable with a regular's presence that the model doesn't even try anymore, just expects your $ first, company second.

Case in point: taking a holiday break and having the beginning of a semester get in the way, I wasn't able to go for quite some time. I still opened snaps because why not? who doesn't like sexy pics and stuff? But for someone who has been a regular for 2 years, you'd think you'd get something more than a lame mass "merry christmas and happy new year snap" when someone has your personal number. So I just sent a lame snapchat sticker back in response.

So fast forward to couple days ago and I reply to a snap on a texting app. First time talking in about 2 months. But get met with a large amount of indifference...like..a bratty princess who is passive-aggressive about not being spoiled.

Really isn't the best way to win a regular back, especially when you know he was one of your good tippers. I don't know if I'm in the wrong for feeling entitled to receive more personal attention? I mean, not even a "hey" lol. Just impersonal mass snaps. But I think if you want continued business and spoiling, you should make more of an effort.

Don't know if this is one of those catch-22s like...You haven't been in some time so you can't expect even a "hey" or I haven't been in some time cause you don't even write a "hey"
She didn’t disappear, you did. It feels kind of pathetic to chase after the dudes who no longer visit us despite us being continually available.
I think you have this a little backwards.

I'm open to that possibility, which is why when things calmed down I sent a text. For all she knew I could have been writing to set up some skype dates or spoil her, like it wouldn't be uncommon for me to send direct. But her attitude just turned me off and didn't make me want to. Which is just silly to me so I felt inclined to vent.

Reactions: missholly
For models who market themselves with a sort of girlfriend experience (gfe) or have a lot of supporting regulars who enjoy her for being so "real", this sort of thing is part of the gig. I understand if some are annoyed by that, but it's a very common thing in the camming world.

I kind of do a borderline thing where I share a lot of my personal life/feelings/experiences as part of my cam girl schtick, and that's what works for me as far as I can tell. It's also what's comfortable for me and keeps me going in this job. If I had to shut off my personal stuff, I'd have probably quit and gone back to the corporate world by now.

I think that's acceptable, I should have been more specific. A few girls I follow are constantly talking about how depressed they are, how terrible their lives are, they have no one to talk to, etc., and continue doing so even when the community supports them. I think this is super annoying

This is like how American women are turned on by British accents, but British women are turned OFF by American accents.

Life is so unfair. :(

Well, it doesn't help that we sound like lawnmowers compared to them.

I've had a few dudes tell me that I have a "sexy accent" but I have this awful, brash, Midwest-farmer thing going on. I could understand if I was southern, which is a little softer and can be kinda sultry, but nope, obnoxious loud Midwest.

I am curious, for those of you who have said about being given hashtags for your name by members...
How does this work exactly? Do they have to have some private/show with you and then once they have they can now simply add a tag and it's automatically linked/associated with your account? Forgive my ignorance, I am only used to CB tags so it's obviously what the model uses in their room title.

I am curious, for those of you who have said about being given hashtags for your name by members...
How does this work exactly? Do they have to have some private/show with you and then once they have they can now simply add a tag and it's automatically linked/associated with your account? Forgive my ignorance, I am only used to CB tags so it's obviously what the model uses in their room title.

Anyone on Streamate can tag us, and each user can give us up to five tags. It shows up on our profile, and if someone searches for those terms, we'll come up under the results.

upload_2018-1-22_21-34-11.png

Reactions: Ann_Sulu and Gen
This isn't exclusively for models, but anyone who can't take personal responsibility for things. It shows up in so many areas. Things at work fall apart? Perhaps you are a terrible boss. If you're a lead, it's on you to fix it and find better processes. Bunch of people leave your room recently? Perhaps you've become toxic and just complain. It's on you to find out why and to bring them back or find new people.

It's so easy to just say "no, it's them, not me" without being honest with ourselves. You can change the world if you just change yourself.

This might've already been mentioned but I don't like models who make poor choices that contradict themselves, especially on twitter. Like the ones who'll ask for money to help them pay their rent but then tweet about how they're going out to clubs and drink.

I know people's lives might be different than they appear but to contradict yourself like that honestly looks really bad.

This might've already been mentioned but I don't like models who make poor choices that contradict themselves, especially on twitter. Like the ones who'll ask for money to help them pay their rent but then tweet about how they're going out to clubs and drink.

I know people's lives might be different than they appear but to contradict yourself like that honestly looks really bad.

I hate this kind of things, not just from models but also from friends/relatives.
It reminds me of a friend and her partner. Fantastic people, always kind and would help you out. Always have a laugh with them and just all around great people, they have no faults there. The woman though, she had a bill payment go out of her bank for £1,000 ($1200 ish) by error, so it should not have been taken it... and the kicker is she didn't notice for an entire 1 month! Yet for all that time she claimed she had no money, things were very hard/tight and she was "skint". Now I don't know about you guys but if I am skint, I am struggling to pay bills and if I had even £1 / $1.2 taken out of my bank by mistake, I would have noticed instantly haha.

I hate this kind of things, not just from models but also from friends/relatives.
It reminds me of a friend and her partner. Fantastic people, always kind and would help you out. Always have a laugh with them and just all around great people, they have no faults there. The woman though, she had a bill payment go out of her bank for £1,000 ($1200 ish) by error, so it should not have been taken it... and the kicker is she didn't notice for an entire 1 month! Yet for all that time she claimed she had no money, things were very hard/tight and she was "skint". Now I don't know about you guys but if I am skint, I am struggling to pay bills and if I had even £1 / $1.2 taken out of my bank by mistake, I would have noticed instantly haha.

We call that the "shit, I spent all my money at the club and my rent check bounced...can you help me out?"

Once, yes. Twice...you're pushing it.

Model? Why of course bb I'm glad to help it just makes me happy to see you happy.

Yes, it makes them look like they've been poor-mouthing, which makes everything else they say suspect.

On the other hand, every working person deserves to make enough to pay rent AND go clubbing/drinking.

We could talk about this screwy system in which models are "independent contractors" who don't even get a base salary and have no benefits. Their income depends on how well they can convince viewers - who can see them perform for free, without even a membership - to tip them. The websites get half the income and take no risks. The models take all the risks and only as much income as they can squeeze out of the passersby - like buskers on a street corner. Except most buskers don't have to give half their earnings to the street-corner owner.

Reactions: yummybrownfox
On the other hand, every working person deserves to make enough to pay rent AND go clubbing/drinking.

Also, a drink is like $7, not the $600 I need to pay rent. I really hate this mindset that poor people have to be constantly miserable otherwise they're faking it.

I had fake dreads braided in for like 2 days once.

Still shaking my head at myself.

Sometimes I quietly whisper to myself "it's not as bad because your ass is native and everyone appropriates your culture too" but I don't really believe myself.

I had fake dreads braided in for like 2 days once.

Still shaking my head at myself.

Sometimes I quietly whisper to myself "it's not as bad because your ass is native" but I don't really believe it.
It's just crazy to me that most of the girls in this contest are saying specifically "vote for my dreads!"

Like, no. Those are not dreads. They aren't locks. They are oily pieces of unwashed hair...why are you in the top 20!?

@Missvc I'm Puerto Rican so I understand the "cultural conundrum" because a lot of my family are black. But I feel like there are so many other hairstyles these girls can promote without dipping their "edges"(eye roll) into straight up appropriation.

It's just crazy to me that most of the girls in this contest are saying specifically "vote for my dreads!"

Like, no. Those are not dreads. They aren't locks. They are oily pieces of unwashed hair...why are you in the top 20!?

@Missvc I'm Puerto Rican so I understand the "cultural conundrum" because a lot of my family are black. But I feel like there are so many other hairstyles these girls can promote without dipping their "edges"(eye roll) into straight up appropriation.

Sometimes they are made with wax and they still wash their hair.

I just hope these ladies buy their wax from black owned companies and have them maintained by black stylists. As well as being outspoken about how in the US traditional black hairstyles are deemed unprofessional by many companies and labor laws don't protect them.

Thankfully that's not such a big issue here in Canada. I won't say it's not happening anywhere but I've never heard of it. (Companies deeming hair unprofessional not cultural appropriation because that's definitely still happening here)

I'm really tired of other CB broadcasters coming to my room talking about "I'm on cam too, if you want to come watch me." And then I just had someone come in the room - while I'm broadcasting - asking me if I can take him/her private. What the fuck...

So much for having that "Silence other broadcasters" setting enabled...

The other night I was in a model's room and tipped for a flash and dance. Undoubtedly she had multiple stream sites going at once and wasn't paying attention to the MFC chat. I don't really mind the multi-site thing, I get it, but at least turn on the tip notification sounds (she didn't). I stayed there for about 5 minutes with no response so I just left.

Interesting. I consider myself a member of MFC and to a lesser extent Streammate, but I don't consider myself to be a member of a particular model's room My favorite term is regular, and generally would call myself half-joking an addict of Model X. I actually prefer the term customer, over both fan or supporter, since I think it establishes the correct tone. There are times when I tip a model either for content or a show. I'm neither a fan nor a support, just horny and a customer is more accurate when it is strictly a transactional relationship.

• Helpful!
Reactions: JickyJuly and Gen
Status
Not open for further replies.