AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What Men In The 1940's Hated About Women Doing During Sex

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Nature demands that the male be dominant in bed if nowhere else. The trials and tribulations of this life, for a man, are numerous and harrowing enough, for him to be spared the final blow by the bossiness of his beloved during the embrace." :sick: I knew it would come to this. The idea that a woman exists as nothing more than boner inspiration and holes to put said boner in always baffles me. HOW DARE SHE HAVE WANTS AND NEEDS OF HER OWN? Like, who does she think she is, a person? And of course ALL men must have the same desires as the author, because we know all men are exactly alike...

Thank goodness we've started moving on from this sort of thinking.

"Nature demands that the male be dominant in bed if nowhere else. The trials and tribulations of this life, for a man, are numerous and harrowing enough, for him to be spared the final blow by the bossiness of his beloved during the embrace." :sick: I knew it would come to this. The idea that a woman exists as nothing more than boner inspiration and holes to put said boner in always baffles me. HOW DARE SHE HAVE WANTS AND NEEDS OF HER OWN? Like, who does she think she is, a person? And of course ALL men must have the same desires as the author, because we know all men are exactly alike...

Umm... This was from 1945.

http://msmagazine.com/blog/2010/07/23/what-wasnt-so-great-about-the-1950s-part-ii-sex/

Reactions: THE MOLLIE MARIE
To be fair, blabbing on and on and on and on and on about Marcel Proust after sex is un petit bit annoying. :eyebrows:

Last edited:
Judging by the boner that usually ends up pressed against my ass in the morning what my bf wants most is to very much spend time wth me asap in the morning lol.

On the 1950's, sex, and the reaction to work like Kinsey's is really interesting, we really have moved on. Sexual pleasure really began to be measured properly in the same way Freud tried to measure our deepest/ darkest fantasies. What we realized with Freud also applies to the 50's research, the emotional/ sexual/ psychological state in a particular time doesn't necessarily translate into another time, but given a good method of research it can definitely increase our understanding of that time.

Much of these works do translate well as current, but you can see trends change as cultural sex patterns change, this research was 60 years ago. Even though the work was solid, and I believe carries well across generations, without current measures to back some of these studies up I wouldn't take them as modern fact on the people of today. It depends how well we currently compare to the 50's generation; I find myself having very little in common with this generation of men.
I suspect many less obvious fetishes/ pleasures are new or have changed in preference in the last 60 years as we have.

No wonder marriages got such a horrible divorce rate! If the past is any indication, there's probably still a very very large portion of men (and women I'm sure) who still believe/act this way. Yuck! The sooner we can be rid of all people who are so detrimental to healthy sex the better.

"Immediately after waking, what a man wants most is not to see or hear his beloved for at least fifteen minutes- preferably for a half hour."

Bitch, what? o_O

I'm this way. Leave me the hell alone when I first get up. I just want to pee, make some hot tea, feed the animals, and have a cigarette. If you want to have some conversation you're going to get grumbled at.

I'm this way. Leave me the hell alone when I first get up. I just want to pee, make some hot tea, feed the animals, and have a cigarette. If you want to have some conversation you're going to get grumbled at.
I have a coffee cup that has lines on it which read:

First line "don't even think about it" close to the top.

Second line in the middle "almost but shhhh"

Third is at the bottom and says "now you may speak."

I am super grump in the morning.

This reminds me a bit of those weird lists some members come up with on being the perfect cam model. Could this be KoolRay pre reincarnation?

It is insane to think about how things were back then. It all sounds about as ridiculous as the most far fetched conspiracy theory when you look at how articles, books, people in power and parents conditioned women into believing they were to fit this role and conditioning men into believing it is acceptable to treat women as objects for their own entertainment. But it is what happened. If you read old versions of good housekeeping there are impossible lists of all women must do for men. The history of feminism is really interesting because it goes into all the reasons why people were conditioned in this way and who actually benefited. I do think it is interesting that in the UK, once the government realised how much more money they would get if women have equal opportunities they started to buck up and take it seriously.
Books like the one this man wrote are interesting examples of disgruntled men who were unhappy with the changing times and women gaining more personal freedoms so decided to write a book bitching about it in disguise of a "self help" book trying to put women back in their places.

While a lot of men nowadays have dropped these gender stereotypes, I have definitely met more than I would like to accept who still pretty firmly believe in these roles. I remember having a disagreement with an ex because he tried to claim that the man always makes the final decisions. It was interesting that my ex had such strong views on the man having his stereotypical place as the head of the household seeing as he was pretty passive and I made most of the decisions. He was also at the time earning considerably less than I was and most of the items in the household were mine. I don't believe he actually cared in practice, but theoretically he couldn't get over what he had been taught. But in that particular area lots of men and women had very old fashioned views.

I have spoken to quite a few men who have stated that they expect to have a relationship "like their parents" with the man making the decisions. I usually just point out that time moves on and yes of course they love the idea of having everything in the relationship going their way (wouldn't we all?), but that isn't reality. Women are no longer forced into submission in the way we once were. Even women who still enjoy the idea of stereotypical gender roles have been brought up in a world where their say is important. I know one couple which is very clearly abusive in my ex boyfriend's friendship circle. One of their friends stated that they wanted a relationship like that with a girl like that. Which is basically the guy in the relationship making all of the decisions and when she doesn't do what he tells her to do he'd start an aggressive screaming match with her until she backed down. Unsurprisingly that particular guy who said she'd be his ideal girlfriend had basically never had a girlfriend and still hasn't to this day, even though he's decent looking and coming up to 30. It's basically a sink or swim thing. If you're male and want success in relationships in modern day, stop acting like we're in the 1940s and accept that women are legally equal to men and most of us will hold onto that, even if we're happy with cooking you a few meals and looking after children. If you're male and don't want success in relationships then stick to your guns and whine about all the ungrateful western women before trying to find a thai bride who will eventually leave you when they realise you aren't that rich and the personality of a shoe.

I just want to make a statement that especially in recent years when feminism has been rekindled into a more open and mature conversation which involves men rather than attacking them, how many more men I meet who have changed their views on women's position in society than before. I meet so many more men who have gone against gender conditioning and are really stepping up. It makes me proud to be human, I am proud of those men, while there are still guys who are stuck in the past, for every man who steps up and speaks out for equality with actions and words it brings so much hope for the human race. It's not just to do with sexism, it's about empathy. A world with empathy for others around us, even when it doesn't directly harm us, is a beautiful world. It is an easy option for guys to be born with a penis and then enjoy their superiority over women and never mention it's unfairness because they got the good end of the deal. Therefore, those who go against this easy choice are accepting that they may lose some of their chips because they're willing to speak out for what is right. I have a huge amount of respect for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.