AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!
  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Emiliaatlantaa

Cam Model
Mar 24, 2023
Canada
www.selenecandace.com
Twitter Username
@Xcandybabyxx
Chaturbate Username
Emiliaatlanta
Vent

Today I was chatting with someone who asked me what I do for work.
I said check my bio (it has a link to my website— I’m a sex worker, just like all of us, except I do in person work as well, that’s my main source of income, but that’s besides the point).
He said, ‘but what’s your job?’
I say, ‘did you check my bio?’
He says, ‘ya but what do you do as a REAL job? Not just like for fun?’
Before kicking him out for that whorephobic comment, I decided to correct his ass, and tell him that SEX WORK IS WORK. And IM A SEX WORKER. Holy fuck. Some people have no clue about life. This IS my job. Even if I didn’t work in-person sex work, camming is a full time job. SEX WORK IS REAL WORK. We pay taxes, we network, we advertise, we market, we make schedules, we burn out, period. SEX WORK IS WORK.
I then kicked him out:)
I should have known by the first red flag: he wanted to chat for free (??). When I asked him to tip after a few mins he said ‘oh, but you’re not taking your clothes off?’ Yes sweetheart but my time isn’t free. Nothing in life is free. I’m a sex worker. You pay me for my time. Simple pimple.

Thanks for coming to my Ted talk.

this is so annoying. i think some users think we get paid in monopoly money and are only doing this because we are desperate for male attention. when users ask what i do while dismissing my hardwork, i spin it on them.

example:
after moron asks what's my real job and i say this.
me: "well what do you do"
moron: "i work in [insert job]"
me: "but what's your real job? not just for fun, extra spending money, or attention."
sit back and watch them squirm or leave.

this is so annoying. i think some users think we get paid in monopoly money and are only doing this because we are desperate for male attention. when users ask what i do while dismissing my hardwork, i spin it on them.

example:
after moron asks what's my real job and i say this.
me: "well what do you do"
moron: "i work in [insert job]"
me: "but what's your real job? not just for fun, extra spending money, or attention."
sit back and watch them squirm or leave.
Hahaha that’s great

Reactions: MarieElise
That's so fucking rude. I get guys asking me that too, but I always assume they are trolls trying to purposefully antagonize me. It's hard for me to fully grasp how ignorant and rude some people are, like it's almost like they can't be for real, with these dumb ass questions and comments. Who feels that comfortable with a stranger and has that little respect or social awareness?

Think it's the wording, I do ask girls if they have another job besides webcaming. I pretty much ask it like that.
And I guess asking it like that is probably fair enough, but the dude in the OP just *kept* asking about a "real job".
That's completely different and not a wording issue.

Guys on the internet ;) Actually I have seen women in Facebook threads who are just as disrespectful, so... *people* on the internet . :(
Yeah there are assinine ignoramus's everywhere who open their mouths without thinking first. 2 Eyes, 2 ears, one mouth...

ETA; Is the plural of ignoramus ignorami? lol

• Funny!
Reactions: Ozzie_
My friend bartended and she got asked all the time what her real job is. She was a teacher but she made 3x her teaching salary as a bartender working half the hours. It's rude AF to assume whatever job they're doing at the moment isn't their "real" job.
I was struggling with relationships in the one city I lived when I was in my late 20'a early 30's. Seemed that any woman of the same age as me who asked what I did for a living went 'eww' after I told them and had nothing to do with me after that. Jeeze... Thanks?

I owned and managed a cleaning company and employed 15 people before I sold it. I said I was a janitor whenever I was asked what I did for a living. :)

• Hugs
Reactions: yummybrownfox
Think it's the wording, I do ask girls if they have another job besides webcaming. I pretty much ask it like that.
i wouldn't even ask that. i understand it's just small talk but you don't know their circumstances or if they are comfortable with sharing.

it's a personal question and since assuming most models aren't out they might feel uncomfortable answering.

I was struggling with relationships in the one city I lived when I was in my late 20'a early 30's. Seemed that any woman of the same age as me who asked what I did for a living went 'eww' after I told them and had nothing to do with me after that. Jeeze... Thanks?

I owned and managed a cleaning company and employed 15 people before I sold it. I said I was a janitor whenever I was asked what I did for a living. :)
morons. if a man told me he was a cleaner/janitor i would be ON THAT. a man who KNOWS how to clean up after himself without telling is a panty-wetter. they also sometimes make good money or a pension.

Status
Not open for further replies.