AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

what to do when chat is dead

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you mean chatting as in talking or typing? I see many like to PM and other and if you have a low PM price maybe that could be monopolizing your time. Yeah I agree with the above. I do not get many viewers and not a regular broadcaster but if I do not have many view viewers after an hour, I try later. Usually in that time you can at least get some followers.

Reactions: romanholiday
Upvote 0
here i cant advice becouse i always got busy room , but i guess u need to start making some regulars to talk to you, even asking them to help you and to keep making conversation in chat and involve others also when they start talking, and also i advice u to not use pms, always the rest of guys in the room are feeling ignored and leaving .. in my room is the same , even if i got 1000 users i still need my mods and my regulars to keep up the converstion and to involve others too ..

Upvote 0
I also do a premium viewer roll call. That helps engage people even if they are just lurking. I also announce, "Please don't PM me. I don't answer PMs while I am streaming. Please talk in the main chat room. If you want 1:1 conversation, we can go private :D" Helps the room flow. Otherwise I have AirPod Pros in and watch recorded TV on my work phone. That way I hear my Skype and social media notifications too.

Upvote 0
It really depends on my mood. Sometimes, I'll just start talking. Talk about something interesting you've recently read/learned. Tie it into something about your life. "I was reading about how psychedelics are being decriminalized in several different States. I've tried/have been interested in them" etc. Ask people questions. People love to talk about themselves. Just make sure the questions are beyond the mundane "how are you" and more interesting, such as "have any of you tried psychedelics? What were your experiences?"

Sometimes, I'll make up a story (having a good imagination is helpful with this) where it seems like it's going to lead to me being fucked or something like that, but it never happens. Stories keep people's attention. I absolutely never give a satisfying finish to a story I make up unless someone is tipping. People often don't tip, but they do at least respond to it in some way. This breaks the ice and you can go from there.

Other times I'll just mute my mic completely (but keep my music going on my end and theirs) and dance or tease to the music. If people don't want to talk to me, then I'm at least going to have fun doing things I already enjoy doing.

If everything fails, then I politely tell everyone thanks for hanging out with me and to have a great day/afternoon/evening, then I logoff and create content with the rest of my energy instead.

Upvote 0
How you react to that is always going to depend on your mood. The basic list is: watch movies/ listen to music until things pick up. Start talking on you own and see if people will stop staring and engage. Read a story, because new people will want to see you active and engaging when they come in. Do a strip tease/ dance/ modeling show - that my encourage tippers more than talkers.

It also depends on what kind of show you're doing. If it's been what you would consider a while, and you've tried some stuff already leave and try again the next day. Don't sweat the small stuff. :cigar:

Upvote 0
I always ask my chat what they are up to when it’s quiet. Someone should answer and try to get engagement from there. Get as many people involved in your show as possible.

Reactions: romanholiday
Upvote 0
I always ask my chat what they are up to when it’s quiet. Someone should answer and try to get engagement from there. Get as many people involved in your show as possible.

I do that too, and a lot of times they don't answer. It also doesn't work if your room only has anon's in it.

Upvote 0
Things I do when its slow:
1. My makeup
2. My hair
3. Dance to music
4. Tell a story about something that recently happened to me
5. Talk about food
6. Eat food
7. Take a shower and make them watch (watch your room count sky rocket)
8. Change my position to attract more viewers
9. Be generous with tippers- if they tip for a titty flash I might make it a long 3-5 min titty flash with close ups or bouncing to attract more viewers
10. Paint my nails
11. Change my outfit
12. Turn my lush or domi on
13. Play with myself under my clothes where they can't see but can tell

And if it doesn't pick up after any of that, sign off and try again.

Upvote 0
MissCJ be sure not to eat while you have your lush in, that can be a choking hazard, seriously lol. Had a friend that was so hungry and started eating a bite and one of her regulars tipped her a good amount and I think she learned never to do that again .
Brings back sweet memories of the time I had someone control my toy during a cooking show. Thankfully nothing was burned or stabbed 😅

Upvote 0
I had my chattiest room of around 10 users ever a few nights ago. Makes me more relaxed and happy to tease. Also I don't look so bored and sleepy in the thumbnails LOL. Hopefully it wasn't just a one-off. One guy did Roll the Dice a few times which most users have avoided for weeks despite only being 20 tokens with good prizes. Wasted another 50 tokens on Promote the Room but still came out ahead.

Reactions: ForumPoster
Upvote 0
And last night/this morning was a barren wasteland. A couple of regular greys to say hi to and stuff all else going on in my room. Any colored users left the moment I tried to engage with them. So boring I almost fell asleep on cam and gave up just before the 2.5 hour mark.

:arghh:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.