AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What was the video game that turned you into a gamer?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was definitely more of a "gamer" in my youth. I still play video games now, but mostly just a handful of titles. When I was a kid though I played literally every game I could get my hands on either from buying or renting them. My favorite gaming memories are all contained mostly to the NES and the Genesis.

I think the first game that truly unlocked the "gamer" in me was Astyanax for NES which I still don't know how to actually pronounce. And it was a game that haunted me until years later when I beat it on an emulator. I spent so many hours trying to beat this game. And it pained me to throw in the towel as a kid.

Reactions: Kitty1purry
Super Mario Land 2. I probably sunk at least 100 hours into that game, easy. From then on I couldn't really stop trying to get more video games to play. :haha:

Growing up in the 80's my family had an Atari 2600 but I don't remember playing it much. Mainly because I broke the controllers somehow where in most games you could only go right or down :p Playing in the arcades turned me into a gamer, games like ROBOCOP, DOUBLE DRAGON and RAMPAGE were my immediate go-to.

Reactions: Kitty1purry
A combination of Turtles, The Simpsons and X-Men side scrolling brawlers from Konami at the arcades. Way back when arcade game graphics were way ahead of home consoles. Still remember how disappointing Mortal Kombat was on consoles. If console only, was either Othello or Bubble Bobble for the NES.

Growing up in the 80's my family had an Atari 2600 but I don't remember playing it much. Mainly because I broke the controllers somehow where in most games you could only go right or down :p Playing in the arcades turned me into a gamer, games like ROBOCOP, DOUBLE DRAGON and RAMPAGE were my immediate go-to.

Duuude. Robocop was sick lol

Reactions: MichaelToris
First game I played, like many of my age bracket, was Pokemon Red. However, though I kept playing games off and on through the years the one that really got me into gaming (well RPGs at least mostly) was Final Fantasy X. I will never forget that game, as I've played it enough to remember most the script... ehe... ^^;

Reactions: Zoso
I loved Q*Bert back in the day. That was more arcade than console, though.

One of the first games I got for the NES was Mega Man 2. Finished it in three days. Such a great game that I just had to replay it. And the soundtrack? Iconic.

anything published by Square for snes and PS one did it for me

Going through this thread has been like a trip down memory lane. The one that I think made me a gamer was a MMO called Pirates of the Burning Sea. It's what got me into long gaming sessions and Voice Comms.

...god I'm old. ...
Nah, I'm old (like, retired old). Got a PS3 8 years ago 'cause I heard it was a good DVD player, plus could dabble in stuff my nieces & nephews were obsessed with. First game: Little Big Planet. Loved it! A favorite to this day, 30 platinum trophies later.

Status
Not open for further replies.