AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What's a reasonable amount of off-stream contact?

• Thread starter Deleted member 72761
  • Start date
  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 72761

This will probably vary by model, but I'm interested in hearing all opinions. If a fan has a way to contact a model when she is offline (via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc), what would you consider a reasonable amount of contact and too much contact? Would this depend on who the viewer is (regular, high tipping fan vs a one-timer) or how they acquired the ability to contact you (tipped for it vs provided freely)?

As a viewer I'm aware that models have lives off-stream and shouldn't be expected to communicate 24/7, but I also know that the extra communication can help drive business, so, models, is there a happy medium to this? Do you have any real-world examples to share on the subject?

Depends on the person. A few sentences once in a while is sufficient. Noone ever sends me walls of texts or paragraphs, when I'm offline, unless they want blocked. It should always come with a tip if a response is expected. Unless from a high spender such as a guy who spends $1000 a month or so, but even then he better not push the boundaries and start writing me weird stuff, and paragraphs at a time.

Anything that sounds mental healthish or crosses boundaries gets an automatic block or ignore from me, no matter who they are.

This is a good thread for the story of a guy who has a favorite model who he is close with and tips her only on weekends while being in her room daily.

Additionally it could be the place for a story of a holiday with a member and a model.

This varies very much as you said, by model. And also as the model changes how she does things.. years ago the amount of offline contact I did was much greater because I had a different way of doing things.

Bottom line: It's going to be VERY much based on level of spending.

One thing that drives me bonkers is when someone tips very highly for a short period of time - lets say drops 10k.. and then stops tipping well. Then expects me to continue our HIGH level of interaction for years and years. I think you should also consider how much other people spend on the model too. There was a time when $20 a month went a lot further with me than it does now.
Also remember that purchasing content or shows, while appreciated does not automatically come with free communication. Huge pet peeve is when someone says "I bought a video to support you" and I'm like .. no you bought a video to jerk off. If you want to support me/pay for my attention, the best way to do that is a tip!

If it's something public like twitter or instagram - read their rules, follow their lead. And obv be tipping if you expect engagement.
If it's something you bought, like snapchat - I think its really important to check what to expect up front.

Real world examples:
My snapchat used to be $15 a month and I would post around 40-60 snaps a day to my story, send extras to my clubs who had spent $300+ and respond to people based on how much they were tipping recently. Everyone got responses daily but I prioritized it. Dirty talk / sexy talk was extra.

Now my snapchat is $50 for lifetime and I promise very little. Occasional snaps to my story with no pressure to post, and the ability to message me. I will respond when I can. This will still heavily depend on my relationship with the person and their spending.

Fella #1: There's a fella on my snap who has been around from MFC days. He used to tip well on mfc but has not chosen to engage in the other platforms I now work on (clips and subscription sites). Every single time he contacts me on snap he's whining about how he misses me. I have sent him multiple ways he can see me - calls, private sessions, sexting, customs, OF/Fansly etc. He just says "yeah i know babe" and does none of them. Now I send him emoji responses... lol.

Fella #2: There's another fella on my snap from MFC days. He moved over to OF and will message me on snap as its more convenient for him at work. He sends tips on OF immediately when he gets home for any spicy talk, and everytime he makes contact it's usually regarding a purchase. I respond to him as quick as I'm able. At one point he was sending a LOT of messages on snap and tipping but it seemed like he wasn't sure when and how to tip so I messaged him and told him I really liked our spicy talks, but if he was sending x y and z it needed to come with a tip of x amount and he immediately adjusted his behavior.

Fella #3: There's one other fella on my snap who from time to time cashapps me $50-$100. He messages me on snap to tell me about his dating life. He's patient with slow responses, very sweet, and just easy to talk to. I make sure to respond to him when I see his messages - usually every other day.

Boundaries are really good and if the model isn't making them clear, I'd encourage you to ask. Here's a suggested script I would LOVE to receive!

"hey I really love to chat, but I know I got your snap for a lifetime and there are times I won't be able to contribute every month. What level of communication from me here is appropriate on a month where I am not able to tip?"

I also think that taking a hint is a good idea. If she's gone quiet and isn't taking time off, send a tip see if she becomes more responsive. If she's only responding in emojis or likes, and you tip her $10 and she suddenly talks to you again, that's a good gauge.

Last edited:
As a viewer I'm aware that models have lives off-stream and shouldn't be expected to communicate 24/7, but I also know that the extra communication can help drive business, so, models, is there a happy medium to this? Do you have any real-world examples to share on the subject?
i ignore most messages on all my camsites. onlyfans is probably the only one i may message if the user is a good tipper and overall chill, but it really depends on the topic and its never too long. maybe a little chitchat. if the user is dumping a lot of emotional baggage on me like oversharing about their mental or physical health or relationship drama, i stop engaging. a cammodel isn't a substitute for a therapist. i find it pretty exploitative.

Modest tips can go a long way with me when I'm live. As long as you tip every few interactions I'm good.

But offline I have two modes: offline but working on clips; meaning im still working but not live so my work phone is on and I will give you attention if you tip.

But if I'm not working, my work phone is off and I just won't respond to anyone even if you tip $1000 cause I won't even see it.

This varies very much as you said, by model. And also as the model changes how she does things.. years ago the amount of offline contact I did was much greater because I had a different way of doing things.

Bottom line: It's going to be VERY much based on level of spending.

One thing that drives me bonkers is when someone tips very highly for a short period of time - lets say drops 10k.. and then stops tipping well. Then expects me to continue our HIGH level of interaction for years and years. I think you should also consider how much other people spend on the model too. There was a time when $20 a month went a lot further with me than it does now.
Also remember that purchasing content or shows, while appreciated does not automatically come with free communication. Huge pet peeve is when someone says "I bought a video to support you" and I'm like .. no you bought a video to jerk off. If you want to support me/pay for my attention, the best way to do that is a tip!

If it's something public like twitter or instagram - read their rules, follow their lead. And obv be tipping if you expect engagement.
If it's something you bought, like snapchat - I think its really important to check what to expect up front.

Real world examples:
My snapchat used to be $15 a month and I would post around 40-60 snaps a day to my story, send extras to my clubs who had spent $300+ and respond to people based on how much they were tipping recently. Everyone got responses daily but I prioritized it. Dirty talk / sexy talk was extra.

Now my snapchat is $50 for lifetime and I promise very little. Occasional snaps to my story with no pressure to post, and the ability to message me. I will respond when I can. This will still heavily depend on my relationship with the person and their spending.

Fella #1: There's a fella on my snap who has been around from MFC days. He used to tip well on mfc but has not chosen to engage in the other platforms I now work on (clips and subscription sites). Every single time he contacts me on snap he's whining about how he misses me. I have sent him multiple ways he can see me - calls, private sessions, sexting, customs, OF/Fansly etc. He just says "yeah i know babe" and does none of them. Now I send him emoji responses... lol.

Fella #2: There's another fella on my snap from MFC days. He moved over to OF and will message me on snap as its more convenient for him at work. He sends tips on OF immediately when he gets home for any spicy talk, and everytime he makes contact it's usually regarding a purchase. I respond to him as quick as I'm able. At one point he was sending a LOT of messages on snap and tipping but it seemed like he wasn't sure when and how to tip so I messaged him and told him I really liked our spicy talks, but if he was sending x y and z it needed to come with a tip of x amount and he immediately adjusted his behavior.

Fella #3: There's one other fella on my snap who from time to time cashapps me $50-$100. He messages me on snap to tell me about his dating life. He's patient with slow responses, very sweet, and just easy to talk to. I make sure to respond to him when I see his messages - usually every other day.

Boundaries are really good and if the model isn't making them clear, I'd encourage you to ask. Here's a suggested script I would LOVE to receive!

"hey I really love to chat, but I know I got your snap for a lifetime and there are times I won't be able to contribute every month. What level of communication from me here is appropriate on a month where I am not able to tip?"

I also think that taking a hint is a good idea. If she's gone quiet and isn't taking time off, send a tip see if she becomes more responsive. If she's only responding in emojis or likes, and you tip her $10 and she suddenly talks to you again, that's a good gauge.
This is very informative. Thank you for sharing.

Reactions: Miss_Lollipop
if the user is dumping a lot of emotional baggage on me like oversharing about their mental or physical health or relationship drama, i stop engaging.
I can only imagine the vast array of topics that models hear every day and that isn't even considering all the objectifying comments. You girls really put up with quite a bit.

I can only imagine the vast array of topics that models hear every day and that isn't even considering all the objectifying comments. You girls really put up with quite a bit.
Says every member ever and then proceeds to act exactly the way we explained bothers us🫠

I ask you one thing. How much do you think I should listen to someone who signs up on onlyfans for €15 and then writes and writes … without a tip? what response limit should I set for a normal user?

I ask you one thing. How much do you think I should listen to someone who signs up on onlyfans for €15 and then writes and writes … without a tip? what response limit should I set for a normal user?

5 min.. lol.

"as much as I love to chat, my time is very valuable therefore without a tip for lengthy interactions, I am afraid I will be unable to reply to all your messages. Thanks for understanding! Kisses xxx "

Very similar to what most people have already said but thought I'd add my input too. If it's sexual, it's gotta come with a tip no matter what. If it's Onlyfans, I'll reply once or twice a week to chatty guys and elsewhere like skype or camsites, I don't humour casual chat at all beyond brief pleasantries.

I used to spend (waste) a lot of time chatting offline when I first started in this industry but I've learnt to set much healthier boundaries. And that's reflected in my clientele these days being made up of much more respectful people!

Also. "Send me a message any time." From a viewer to a model.

No, I won't. I'll send you a PPV any time, but to reach out socially of my own accord? Not happening. I sign in because I'm feeling social. When I'm off, I'm off. In my mind, my business hours are when I am broadcasting and that's it. It may be 2 hours or 9, but that's your window.

I sometimes chat with members off cam if i'm logged into myfreecams but not camming and I'm not busy at the moment, but I keep it to a minimum. I noticed some people want to chat on snapchat and I've decided not to chat on there AT ALL because it just takes up too much time and it doesn't feel fair that they aren't tipping me to give them so much attention. I set up an item on mfc share where anyone can tip to text with me for a week. Every day is fine but I can't do all day long. Basically don't blow up her phone. Even if someone was a high tipper I still wouldn't want to be texting all the time. It also changes the relationship into more of a personal friendship or some kind of girlfriend experience and that's not always a good thing unless the model is comfortable with that. I would ask her what amount of texting she is comfortable with.

Also. "Send me a message any time." From a viewer to a model.

No, I won't. I'll send you a PPV any time, but to reach out socially of my own accord? Not happening. I sign in because I'm feeling social. When I'm off, I'm off. In my mind, my business hours are when I am broadcasting and that's it. It may be 2 hours or 9, but that's your window.

I’ve had a member ask if I could e-mail him whenever I’m about to get on cam again. 😂 All the other ways to find out when a model is online, and you refuse to do that because you expect the model to reach out to you (so you can try to rope her into endless free chitchat off-cam).

Discover No Way GIF by ADWEEK

Status
Not open for further replies.