AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Whats the most you can reasonably make during a goal?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LineahRose

Deactivated Account
Inactive Cam Model
Apr 13, 2014
United States
chaturbate.com
I'm not really expecting to reach it, but I made a goal for 100,000 tokens on Chaturbate (Try for a baby) Because I know quite a few people who come in my room who have a pregnancy/belly fetish, and my boyfriend and I are going to start trying for a baby once we save up a decent amount of money (therefore 5k/100,000tok). I don't think it's realistic, but thought that maybe I could do this every once in awhile and just decrease the goal each time I get on that way I end up making the 5k. Any ideas?

Obviously it's none of my business but I kinda feel compelled to put this out there. Didn't you start a thread last month asking whether or not you should start a relationship with your boyfriend's brother because he treated you with respect whereas your boyfriend historically hasn't? And you're now starting a thread asking whether it's a good idea to start a countdown that will decide whether or not you have a child with this guy?

I see from your sig that you're only 19. There's nothing wrong with being a young mother but it goes without saying (and yet I'm saying it anyway...) that you should think long and hard before you decide to bring a child into the world, and "because some guys on the internet tipped for it" shouldn't ever be a part of the conversation. It's also worth considering the long-term health of your relationship before deciding to have a kid. I'm making a lot of assumptions based on limited information here, but only a few weeks ago you were considering hooking up with your boyfriend's brother and now you're looking at having a child with him? It would pay to consider this stuff, ya know? :twocents-02cents:

She didn't want to hook up with her boyfriends brother, she thought someone like his brother would be more suitable for her. I'm not going to judge your relationship, I've seen rocky relationships last a lot longer then solid ones. But yes he is right, you are very very young. And a baby is a HUGE responsibility. I would wait on that, you don't want to waste your youth as you only have it once. I don't know how chaturbate works, but 100k tokens is alot of money at mfc. And unless you already have a huge following. Don't bet on it that just because you become pregnant your going to sky rocket up the ranks on chaturbate. So to answer your question, no 100k tokens may not even be close to what you may get as a goal. You would need to give more information to your camming situation now and how it is going for anyone to really give you legit advice.

It seems like a fortune in the hand, but in the grand scheme of life, mortgages, raising a child, student loans, ETC...$5000 isn't that much money.
Its not my place to judge your life choices and Im sure there's more to the story than you've shared here, but whether you make $5k in a month seems like a really weird thing to base a giant life step on. Maybe try making that much consistently for 6 months to a year, it would put you in a better spot long term and the longer you maintain it, the easier it will be to keep doing so.
Not that everyone needs to be making oodles of money to have a baby, but you have a really great opportunity to be super prepared for it, so why not take the time to do so and put yourself in a good position? Especially when you have tons of time to do so.

I most definitely wasn't interested in hooking up with my bf's brother. I've been stable and living on my own with my boyfriend since May, and we have lived together previously since I was 16. I know for a fact I want to stay with him through thick and thin. That wasn't the first argument we've been in and it won't be the last. I do want a baby with him, and I feel as if the only thing left to do to prepare ourselves for a baby is a bit of money saved up. I also want to have all of our children young, I made some mistakes earlier in our relationship, had unprotected sex quite a few times, as well as a couple times within the last month or so and I haven't gotten pregnant yet, so at this point i'm not sure how fertile I am, and the sooner I start trying the more comfortable I will feel.

Also, this isn't for 5k in a month, this is just 5k just for baby stuff, a savings account per se before I even start trying, on top of what I already make to support ourselves as it is. We are pretty well off. I have enough left over after bills to spend elsewhere and I know that once we conceive that I won't be spending that money on fast food or extra's anymore.

Am I reading this wrong or are you saying that part of the reason you want to have a baby is extra tokens from pregnant lady "fetishists"? If so, pump the brakes and pump them hard. 1. You'll only make extra when you're big (around month 6 for myself). Leading up to that, you'll likely lose money by feeling sick. You'll also need time away from camming postbaby. So that "extra money" is just evening things out if you're lucky. 2. Kids are expensive. I spend around $50 a week on diapering supplies. Babies basically wipe their ass with your money. There is nothing about being a parent that will improve your bank account.

I think everyone is confused on what your asking then. You just want 5 grand to save so you can start having a baby? Or are you asking for guys to tip for you to start having a baby? Or are you wanting to make 5k a month while your pregnant?

I have a goal to save 5k before I have a baby. I don't exactly want anyones help in particular, but tonight I made a goal just for the hell of it and added the fact that once it's reached (likely awhile from now) i'll do free creampie cumshows on cam to repay for the help. It's not just for the money or for the people who have pregnancy/belly fetishes but I do know quite a few of my regulars are into it and I figured they'd like to help chip in anyway. This is more of a one time thing not 5k a month or anything.

Well no one can really answer that because we don't know what your bills are like or how much your making. I mean thats really up to you if you know how to manage money well. I'm sure people will tip towards it. But ultimately its up to you to manage the money if thats your goal.

This is all very vague and we won't be able to answer. There is no guarantee on how much money you will make. We also don't know how long you are looking to make this money or how often you will be getting online. You will just have to try it out and see I think. You could look at the rest of the forum to get an idea of how much girls make and how hard they work to do it. When you say "during a goal" we are probably thinking one night or one week since that is how we all seem to set our goals which is why I find this a bit confusing.

So many factors come into play on how much money you can make on cam site.

Search threads to get a general idea love!

I'm not even a parent, but let me tell you, 5K is NOTHING when it comes to baby/pregnancy expenses. The doctor visits you'll need to have while you're pregnant aren't cheap. Most insurance policies that I've seen only cover one ultrasound, yet most pregnant women I know have more than that.

And babies go through way more clothes, diapers, wipes, and food than you would ever expect. I was shocked with each of my siblings, and again with my nephew.

I agree with Jessi - rather than just having an amount to save up, try to calculate a VERY generous estimate of how much your expenses will be each month, and aim to make that consistently for an extended period of time. It may seem that waiting six months or a year is a lot of time, but when you're trying to save money, it's really not.

I agree with everyone. I can't give birth, but 5 grand is really nothing when it comes to having a baby. You spend half of that in a year JUST on diapers alone. Thats crazy. You need to do more research on the costs of having a baby, before you go and make any financial decisions to have one yourself. Start with this.

http://motherhood.modernmom.com/average ... -4895.html

On top of it, the nature of our business makes it inconsistent (unless you've been on a top model for quite some time). I would like you to read and think about the following questions thoroughly (it'd be nice if you'd answer some of them to give us a better understanding of your situation):

• Do you have at least 6-12 months worth of money saved up for an emergency fund (enough to get you by in that amount of time)?
• Are you engaged to your boyfriend (I'm assuming not since you're not calling him your fiancé)?
• Have you created an LLC to help with tax deductions or hired a CPA to help with long term financial security?
• Are you interested in going to college? Many of my friends did not have the time to go back to school because they were busy taking care of their children.
• Do you own a reliable vehicle that is baby friendly? It'd be wise to own a car (payments complete) before proceeding with conception.
• Do you have health insurance for your family with maternity coverage?
• Do you have enough in savings on top of making enough monthly to cover all costs of having a child? "According to BabyCenter, a family’s average child-care costs are $755 a month." If saving up $5,000 sounds like a feat now, imagine attempting that with a screaming infant that keeps you sleep deprived.
• When did you initially decide you want to have a baby?

I would like you to think long and hard about your current relationship. While you think you're prepared to stick with him through thick and thin, you don't know the stresses that having a child puts on a relationship. There is nothing stopping him from leaving you if it gets hard. Don't be optimistic here. Are you prepared to be a single mom if something were to happen to your boyfriend?

Plus, why are you going to take these beautiful years and focus on having a child? Enjoy your youth! Think about your future! Build goals with your boyfriend and work hard to achieve those goals. Focus on your relationship, getting your finances in order, creating a business and if you have a goal to be a Top Model - focus on that! Believe me, you won't have time to focus on building yourself up as a cam model once there's a child in the picture. Sure, you'll have fetishist who will be interested for a couple of months but they will disappear once you've had your child. You'll be left feeling exhausted and most likely looking exhausted for months.

If you think $5,000 is a lot of money and is enough to save to have a baby - you are in for a rude awakening. You have a lot of time to have a child. Don't rush into this decision.

I'm not really expecting to reach it

Referring to your financial goal. If you don't expect to reach your financial goal now, how on earth do you think you can afford to have a baby?

For fuck sake, you posted this entry on the forum on August 19, 2014:

Ive been with my current boyfriend for 3 1/2 years, have lived together for about 3 years and although weve never had a perfect relationship (we're like fire and gasoline, im clingy, hes spacious, his anger problems, etc) I feel really terrible but we recently got our own apartment and lately im doing all of the compromising I suppose its always been that way hes a control freak he didnt let me or want me to get piercings so I didnt etc. I didnt think it was an important to fight iver so I didnt mind (im tolerant and flexible) well recently his brother moved in...I have gotten close to him in a way I thought was bro/sis like...he teases me but has my back when my bfs being an ass (hes an ass a lot but I love him..at least I thought I did I'm not so sure) I find myself adoring his brothers qualities...hes a gentlemen, and he listens..now I know most guys start out that way and I didnt want to end it with my bf after 3 years and just give up...I talked to him about it and he took something I said badly..and now he keeps making smart ass sarcastic comments about me and his brother. (Btw I haven't cheated or anything we talked a lot of my relationship and he tried to help) but my bf just said that it'd be smart for me to be with his bro now idk if he meant it just to see how I'd react or because its the truth and honestly I think his bro is a better fit..but im not about to throw 3 years away for a could be or a maybe nor do I know for sure what going on in my head. I always hear if you doubt your relationship or fall for someone else you shouldntbstay with the person youre with..but I wouldnt say im falling for his bro...im falling for his qualities that I wish my bf would have..and I know my bf wont change I don't expect him to...Im just dumbfounded any help please?

Honey, I'm going to be blunt here but you are not ready to have a child with your boyfriend if you're having these thoughts. It's common for couples to consider having a child to repair their relationship but inevitably it doesn't work. It's common that girls of your age will long to have a child but it's a biological desire. It in no way means that you are ready or prepared to have a baby. Of course, the choice is yours but I really hope you give this more thought, not only for yourself but for the child you're thinking about bringing into this world.

Please, do not bring a child into this world if your boyfriend has anger problems. Those need to be resolved first and foremost. You might consider seeing a relationship counselor to get their opinion on your desire to have children now. Good luck.

AedanRayne said:
For fuck sake, you posted this entry on the forum on August 19, 2014:

Ive been with my current boyfriend for 3 1/2 years, have lived together for about 3 years and although weve never had a perfect relationship (we're like fire and gasoline, im clingy, hes spacious, his anger problems, etc) I feel really terrible but we recently got our own apartment and lately im doing all of the compromising I suppose its always been that way hes a control freak he didnt let me or want me to get piercings so I didnt etc. I didnt think it was an important to fight iver so I didnt mind (im tolerant and flexible) well recently his brother moved in...I have gotten close to him in a way I thought was bro/sis like...he teases me but has my back when my bfs being an ass (hes an ass a lot but I love him..at least I thought I did I'm not so sure) I find myself adoring his brothers qualities...hes a gentlemen, and he listens..now I know most guys start out that way and I didnt want to end it with my bf after 3 years and just give up...I talked to him about it and he took something I said badly..and now he keeps making smart ass sarcastic comments about me and his brother. (Btw I haven't cheated or anything we talked a lot of my relationship and he tried to help) but my bf just said that it'd be smart for me to be with his bro now idk if he meant it just to see how I'd react or because its the truth and honestly I think his bro is a better fit..but im not about to throw 3 years away for a could be or a maybe nor do I know for sure what going on in my head. I always hear if you doubt your relationship or fall for someone else you shouldntbstay with the person youre with..but I wouldnt say im falling for his bro...im falling for his qualities that I wish my bf would have..and I know my bf wont change I don't expect him to...Im just dumbfounded any help please?

Honey, I'm going to be blunt here but you are not ready to have a child with your boyfriend if you're having these thoughts. It's common for couples to consider having a child to repair their relationship but inevitably it doesn't work. It's common that girls of your age will long to have a child but it's a biological desire. It in no way means that you are ready or prepared to have a baby. Of course, the choice is yours but I really hope you give this more thought, not only for yourself but for the child you're thinking about bringing into this world.

Please, do not bring a child into this world if your boyfriend has anger problems. Those need to be resolved first and foremost. You might consider seeing a relationship counselor to get their opinion on your desire to have children now. Good luck.

I'm going to pipe in as someone who was in a situation like this as a kid.

My parents separated temporarily when I was about 3-4. My youngest sister was essentially the result of a booty call during this time - my dad was watching my sister and I, Mom came home and asked him to stay the night, and baby happened.

My mom thought that having this baby would repair their relationship. Nope. My dad ended up hitting her while she was pregnant, they split again. They got back together later in her pregnancy. Things were rocky for a bit, then when my baby sister was about 1, my mom found out he was on meth and they divorced.

Both of my parents are stubborn people with anger issues, so there was a LOT of arguing when they were together, and a lot of separating, getting back together, and repeat. It was a very unstable environment for my sister and I. We were scared and confused a lot. Whenever someone I know is sticking with a spouse that they can't STAND "for the sake of the children", I BEG them to just get the divorce that they need, because I know from personal experience that it is FAR BETTER to have divorced parents than parents who stick together when they shouldn't. They bad-mouth each other when they're alone with the kids. The kids ALWAYS know when they're arguing, and it creates a terrible environment for them.

Anyone who argues with their partner already shouldn't have kids with them. Kids are stressful. They deprive you of sleep. I'd you have short fuses with each other, you will be snapping on each other even more after kids. And children deserve better than to be around that.

Not saying that it wouldn't be possible with 5 grand but I'm not sure you'd want to do it with only 5 grand. I would want anywhere from 50-200k set aside for the kid. I want my kids crib to be at least 5k. Gonna have diamonds on it and like some built in televisions and a sweet surround sound system. As baller as that will all be, too selfish and just all around not ready for the responsibility yet.

Most of these replies aren't even bringing up the fact that a LOT of women have complicated pregnancies, what if you're unable to cam for majority of the time. That 5k buffer won't last long at all.

You should ALWAYS have at least a savings account with 6 months of expenses, It'd be smart to have more if you're planning on a kid. This whole idea is just such a mess.

Everyone's point is this. Your to young and naive to raise a child. When you get pregnant on accident thats a whole other story, then you are forced to grow up from a teenager to a 30 year old in 9 months or be a terrible mother leaving your parents to take care of the kid. Doing it on purpose at 19 is probably not bright. I've only seen it workout once. And that was only because her boyfriend was 27 with a very well paying job. And she's been a housewife since before they got pregnant. The chances of that happening to anyone else at your age is like 2%.

I think I have some credit to weigh in on this situation, considering that not only did I go through a public pregnancy here, but it was also riddled with complications and I'm what society would consider a young mother.

My child was planned, but I ended up hospitalized a total of three times and due to my two worst complications was unable to even pee by myself for a solid 4 months. Are you prepared to handle something like that?

Next, pregnancy fetishists can be even worse freeloaders than the feet guys. Unfortunately I found this out fast because I popped early and got huge. My tumblr still has negative activity from this. Are you prepared to deal with the worst sort of trolls that prey specifically on your pregnancy? I received no less than twenty death wishes and threats on my tumblr (surprisingly nowhere else.) When pregnancy hormones are flying, that's a really, really tough thing to deal with.

Third, sleep. You're not going to be getting it. If you watch the baby while your partner works and you work while he watches the baby..... then who's going to sleep? That sounds like a recipe for disaster. Babies change their schedules constantly as they grow. It's really, really easy to end up sleep deprived. Shoot, my twitter timeline is excellent birth control for those who love their sleep. As it is, sleep doesn't work like roll over minutes. There's only so much caffeine you can ingest before it becomes fatal.

Lastly, infertility. It's a real giant bitch to deal with. Mega giant shit sucking bitch. If you have to deal with that, you have my condolences. It's not something I'd wish on anyone. Be prepared for emotions that you aren't equipped to handle, lots of crying, and a strain on your relationships if you have to deal with this soul sucking problem.

These are just the things that I've dealt with the most. Keep in mind that my pregnancy was planned and I'm in a long term committed relationship with a stable home and very wide support system. Having a child, or multiple children, is a very involved choice with long term consequences (and/or rewards). It's not something that should be made lightly.

KudosKids said:
Everyone's point is this. Your to young and naive to raise a child. When you get pregnant on accident thats a whole other story, then you are forced to grow up from a teenager to a 30 year old in 9 months or be a terrible mother leaving your parents to take care of the kid. Doing it on purpose at 19 is probably not bright. I've only seen it workout once. And that was only because her boyfriend was 27 with a very well paying job. And she's been a housewife since before they got pregnant. The chances of that happening to anyone else at your age is like 2%.
That's really, really rude. While she is asking for advice and posted in an open forum, your language is insulting. Just because someone is lacking in years doesn't mean that they're naive or can't handle the challenges presented to them. I know more adults upwards of their 40s who can't handle the young children they have, and several young parents in their early 20s who can handle their young children beautifully. While age can sometimes help with parenting with some people, you should NEVER base having children on your age. There are more than enough plenty absolutely deplorable older parents in the world. Do not base your one reference on how everyone else should be. That is very close minded.

Another thing to consider on top of pregnancy complications and cost of everything is birth defects. My son was born with a club foot and later was diagnosed on the Autism Spectrum.

For his club foot, my EX husband and I had to make weekly trips to a specialty doctor nearly 2 hours to have his foot put in a cast/re-cast. The looks you get from people when you have an infant in a cast that goes up to their thigh are not pleasant.

During this time, he was in the hospital 3 times before he was 2 years with RSV, bronchitis and asthma. The time with RSV, he was admitted for 7 days. We also had multiple hearing tests done along with one where he was completely put under for and he eventually had surgery to get tubes in his ears.

My EX husband left us just before his 2nd birthday, right around the time I was starting to seek speech therapy and other help which led to his autism diagnoses.

Now with his autism, it is a constant struggle with the school and even family.

I don't say all this as a pity me, but as an eye opener. 5k in the grand scheme of things means nothing. You could technically have a child now, even without saving that money but if you are ill prepared mentally, financially or are in an unstable relationship it isn't a good idea AT ALL. If you are asking on forum if you are ready and how much you could possibly make, then chances are you ARE NOT ready.

AedanRayne good advice once again, even if way off topic (everyone is). LineahRose seems resolved in her choice of partner and to try for family.
Starting young is ok, 19 is a good age physically with far less chance of fertility troubles, birth defects, and troubles in pregnancy. Financially children are always draining, and it will add stress on any relationship (keep in mind they do have over 3 years together, something works there). If you are ready for all that, wish you both best of luck.

Chasing some financial target before trying is a good idea, gives you time to consider all options, and some idea about what you can achieve when motivated to go for it. As a mother you will need this, achieving what you need to for your child. I would double that goal.

Reactions: AngelicTease
Rose said:
I think I have some credit to weigh in on this situation, considering that not only did I go through a public pregnancy here, but it was also riddled with complications and I'm what society would consider a young mother.

My child was planned, but I ended up hospitalized a total of three times and due to my two worst complications was unable to even pee by myself for a solid 4 months. Are you prepared to handle something like that?

Next, pregnancy fetishists can be even worse freeloaders than the feet guys. Unfortunately I found this out fast because I popped early and got huge. My tumblr still has negative activity from this. Are you prepared to deal with the worst sort of trolls that prey specifically on your pregnancy? I received no less than twenty death wishes and threats on my tumblr (surprisingly nowhere else.) When pregnancy hormones are flying, that's a really, really tough thing to deal with.

Third, sleep. You're not going to be getting it. If you watch the baby while your partner works and you work while he watches the baby..... then who's going to sleep? That sounds like a recipe for disaster. Babies change their schedules constantly as they grow. It's really, really easy to end up sleep deprived. Shoot, my twitter timeline is excellent birth control for those who love their sleep. As it is, sleep doesn't work like roll over minutes. There's only so much caffeine you can ingest before it becomes fatal.

Lastly, infertility. It's a real giant bitch to deal with. Mega giant shit sucking bitch. If you have to deal with that, you have my condolences. It's not something I'd wish on anyone. Be prepared for emotions that you aren't equipped to handle, lots of crying, and a strain on your relationships if you have to deal with this soul sucking problem.

These are just the things that I've dealt with the most. Keep in mind that my pregnancy was planned and I'm in a long term committed relationship with a stable home and very wide support system. Having a child, or multiple children, is a very involved choice with long term consequences (and/or rewards). It's not something that should be made lightly.

KudosKids said:
That's really, really rude. While she is asking for advice and posted in an open forum, your language is insulting. Just because someone is lacking in years doesn't mean that they're naive or can't handle the challenges presented to them. I know more adults upwards of their 40s who can't handle the young children they have, and several young parents in their early 20s who can handle their young children beautifully. While age can sometimes help with parenting with some people, you should NEVER base having children on your age. There are more than enough plenty absolutely deplorable older parents in the world. Do not base your one reference on how everyone else should be. That is very close minded.

My apologies. I didn't mean to offend anyone. There I go again thinking without speaking. Just to me she seems to young and naive. Like others have pointed out a month ago she didn't even know if her boyfriend was a good fit for her. And now she wants to start a family with him. That seems highly immature and naive. She seems to be confused on what she really wants out of life. And to make a decision to have a baby that is a life long commitment when your going back and forth with relationship decisions and figuring out who you are is not wise. I know many young mothers. I'm not against people having children young. I just don't agree with people planning for a baby when they are not stable themselves.

KudosKids said:
My apologies. I didn't mean to offend anyone. There I go again thinking without speaking. Just to me she seems to young and naive. Like others have pointed out a month ago she didn't even know if her boyfriend was a good fit for her. And now she wants to start a family with him. That seems highly immature and naive. She seems to be confused on what she really wants out of life. And to make a decision to have a baby that is a life long commitment when your going back and forth with relationship decisions and figuring out who you are is not wise. I know many young mothers. I'm not against people having children young. I just don't agree with people planning for a baby when they are not stable themselves.
That may all be true, but 1) it's not your place to say so, 2) to say so is extremely rude and deplorable manners, 3) name calling is immature and rude ("I think she's immature and naive" would be considered name calling), 4) unless you are directly involved or your opinion is solicited for the decision making you should not comment on someone's else's life changing decisions in the current fashion, and 5) to put someone else down publicly in the fashion you're doing can be humiliating. If you do want to make a point, that is one of the worst ways to do it. While you may have good intentions, your message in its entirety will be lost for any shame or anger you've elicited, thus falling on deaf ears.

If you had instead worded your message like this: From what you've posted and asked, at this time I think you may want to heavily rethink your current course of action. A decision this big will forever alter your life. If you wait while you think, some time may give you better clarity and aid in your decision making.
That ^^ would get your message across without any name calling or being offensive. It implies that waiting is the better choice without using negative words that will force the receiver on the defense.

Funny, I almost posted something very similar to what Kudos wrote...

FaSEAtA.gif

(It may be rude to point it out, but seeing as how she's pretty much put it all out there in a public forum, that's sort of asking for opinions to be tossed around. And my opinion would be that all signs point to her being too young and naive to be jumping into being a parent at this time.)

I think the lack of information provided, and maybe confusion from previous posts, is turning this into a big clusterfuck.. What I'm getting from this, is that you and your boyfriend want to have a baby already, and you are just trying to come up with ways to capitalize off of trying to conceive. Which in itself isn't a bad idea (though 100k tokens seems like a lot, I don't know how Chaturbate works but on MFC that kind of tip is like a unicorn - rare and extremely magical) - but I will have to say that I agree with the others who are urging you to make sure that trying to conceive is the right decision for you and your life, at this time. Having a baby is a MAJOR life change. It is a lifelong commitment (18 years? psh). It is extremely expensive, and like Jessi said on page 1, being wealthy isn't a requirement for having a baby, but having money makes it a HELL of a lot easier and if you have the opportunity to stack some cash before you start trying, I would highly recommend it. $5,000 is a decent chunk of change, but when you look at the long-term costs of having a child, it's almost nothing (see http://money.cnn.com/2013/08/14/pf/cost-children/ - not even including college!!): hospital stay/doctor visits (if you don't have insurance, and even sometimes if you do), diapers and wipes, clothes, toys, furniture, baby-proofing supplies, bottles/formula, childcare, eventually school supplies, the list goes on and on. As far as your relationship goes - I don't know what sort of issues you and your boyfriend have now or have had in the past, but I'd make damn sure that he is going to be the father that your child deserves. I'm certainly not trying to discourage you from having a child, as it can be one of the biggest blessings a person can experience, but just make sure you go about planning it the right way. It's not just your life that you have to consider, it's the potential life of the child. :twocents-02cents:

I'd really sit back and evaluate your true feelings on WHY you want a child right now.
Most people don't get the luxury of choosing when they conceive. Obviously, you do.
If it's to make your relationship better, not only will that not work, but it's completely selfish. Selfish parents don't make for good parents.
If it's because you think you can make more money being pregnant, that might not work and it will only last a few months, plus it's selfish.
If it's to make you feel more complete as a human, that's selfish.
If it's because your biological clock is ticking but you aren't ready, that's selfish.
If it's because you feel like you and your boyfriend would make excellent parents, you are financially ready, and you want to raise a person who will someday make a good contribution to society, then that seems reasonable.
We are talking about a human life here. This isn't just a cute little baby with little needs who will bring your boyfriend and you closer together. This human could be the next president, or the next shooter in a school massacre. This human could have health problems, birth defects, mental issues, and it's something both of you will have to deal with. That is, if he doesn't abandon you both.
You mentioned he has anger issues. That's not a good trait for a father to have and can have serious consequences on your future children.
So my question to you is why? Why do you want to bring a child into this world when neither of the parents are financially or emotionally ready?

PlayboyMegan said:
I'd really sit back and evaluate your true feelings on WHY you want a child right now.
Most people don't get the luxury of choosing when they conceive. Obviously, you do.
If it's to make your relationship better, not only will that not work, but it's completely selfish. Selfish parents don't make for good parents.
If it's because you think you can make more money being pregnant, that might not work and it will only last a few months, plus it's selfish.
If it's to make you feel more complete as a human, that's selfish.
If it's because your biological clock is ticking but you aren't ready, that's selfish.
If it's because you feel like you and your boyfriend would make excellent parents, you are financially ready, and you want to raise a person who will someday make a good contribution to society, then that seems reasonable.
We are talking about a human life here. This isn't just a cute little baby with little needs who will bring your boyfriend and you closer together. This human could be the next president, or the next shooter in a school massacre. This human could have health problems, birth defects, mental issues, and it's something both of you will have to deal with. That is, if he doesn't abandon you both.
You mentioned he has anger issues. That's not a good trait for a father to have and can have serious consequences on your future children.
So my question to you is why? Why do you want to bring a child into this world when neither of the parents are financially or emotionally ready?

LineahRose said:
I made some mistakes earlier in our relationship, had unprotected sex quite a few times, as well as a couple times within the last month or so and I haven't gotten pregnant yet, so at this point i'm not sure how fertile I am, and the sooner I start trying the more comfortable I will feel.

From this quote I gather, "I've been ridden bareback quite a bit and haven't managed an unplanned pregnancy and I'm starting to take that as a challenge" which, I personally think, is bone chilling but if OPs physical ability to conceive is a concern there's alternatives to just trying-to-get-pregnant-sooner-rather-than-later-because-I-haven't-figured-out-if-I-can-yet.

@LineahRose there are ways of investigating how healthy/fertile you, and how healthy/fertile you and your partner will be together, before conception (particularly testing for RH+ disease, you might want to google that shit right now). The majority of the couples in my world who have made a plan to start their families visited their physicians before they began trying to conceive to make sure everybody was as healthy and as physically prepared as possible to ensure a healthy pregnancy. So do your due diligence!

AmberCutie said:
Funny, I almost posted something very similar to what Kudos wrote...

FaSEAtA.gif

(It may be rude to point it out, but seeing as how she's pretty much put it all out there in a public forum, that's sort of asking for opinions to be tossed around. And my opinion would be that all signs point to her being too young and naive to be jumping into being a parent at this time.)
Yea, but you'd have done it with a lot more tact, plus this is your forum so technically anyone asking any questions here is soliciting your advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.