AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

When did Chipin & Paypal be allowed? I know,it's not...

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NevaehStar

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
Oct 27, 2010
So, skimming over News Feeds over the last week or two I have noticed that people follow suit pretty well. i am not raining on anyones parade, but I have noticed a dramatic increase in the amount of "Chipin's" that models are using for payment & they are advertising very heavily.

MFC rules states:
Receiving payment outside MyFreeCams
Models are not allowed to ask for, or receive, payment from members outside of the website.

For example, if a model wants to sell her underwear to a member, or perform any other miscellaneous transaction, then please arrange the transaction using Tokens.

-I know that a majority of models do not follow the rules 100%, because they do paypal for skype & do things in public which are prohibited. So, this is just another one of those. BUT I do not believe that every model who has jumped the bandwagon realizes that. Seems a few believe it's ok when they say it's for "Medical Bills" or something charity-like. Which is still prohibited.

I guess my thing is... i think it's a bad move for alot of girls. It's becoming a huge trend & many may get into trouble.

More power to those who can collect some money! When I noticed this I just happened to think "wow, MFC is not gonna like this eventually!"
I believe that it would be safer to post it on your sites away from MFC which allow it. That may be what I do if i feel like trying it one day. Gonna let this popular spurt blow over some though :)

The amounts involved in the chipins aren't large compared to MFCs overall volume. MFC probably sees them as a harmless nuisance. I think MFC knows that they have limited control over what actually goes on between models and members. As long as they don't get complaints about activity that can get the site itself into trouble, such as illegal sexual activity or solicitations for prostitution, they'll likely let minor rule breaches go.

As far as members finding alternative means to send payment to models, that's not something MFC can control. Lots of models work on other sites along with MFC, so a member hooking up with a model for a pvt on LJ or someplace else would be a rule breach right there, wouldn't it? And if a member wants to send serious coin to a model, unless they also wanted to boost her camscore, MFC would be the last channel they would use, especially if the model works through a studio.

A friend of mine kept asking over and over for help on a ChipIn cause she needed to pay for glasses for her kids. MFC gave her a warning and didn't allow her online for a week. She has since been back online and had a ChipIn, just doesn't advertise her ChipIn anymore. Seems to be working...

thank you, very good information all around.
I do think its a wonderful idea for models, we all are trying to make the most money we can.
I have a big heart & even though each model can be considered competition... i don't try to think that way.
I tend to look after people.. so I was seeing potential for models gettin maybe banned, fined etc... & with the overwhelming popularity & News Feeds being overwhelmed with it-- i figured MFC had to notice.

But i do understand & have seen plenty where MFC just overlooks it- I'm too scared to try breaking any MFC rules usually cuz i can't afford the possible repercussions.

So, to each their own :) And good luck to u all! Like i said, i may try it on my pages away from MFC- but now i dunno if its a good idea to wait til the popularity lowers or maybe just try it anyways & see what happens... guess it don't hurt lol

Thank u all!! ;)

The way I understood the rules was that it's against policy to use PayPal, ChipIn, etc. in exchange for services of any kind--anything that users "buy" from a model should be paid for in tokens--but that it was acceptable for a model to receive gifts through PayPal and such, as long as it was understood by both sides that it was just a gift; otherwise, Amazon wishlists would be against the rules as well, wouldn't they? ;)

Mind you, I could be wrong, that's just the way it was explained to me.

UJCat said:
The way I understood the rules was that it's against policy to use PayPal, ChipIn, etc. in exchange for services of any kind--anything that users "buy" from a model should be paid for in tokens--but that it was acceptable for a model to receive gifts through PayPal and such, as long as it was understood by both sides that it was just a gift; otherwise, Amazon wishlists would be against the rules as well, wouldn't they? ;)

Mind you, I could be wrong, that's just the way it was explained to me.

Oh no, u are totally correct on the Amazon wishlist thing, i do believe that it is forbidden also. though in Wiki, it is not specifically mentioned, it simply states that all payment to models are to be through tokens. (but of course, if a member finds u on another site or buys something from your website then it's ok & this could be thought of as a loophole. but MFC can't control what other businesses we conduct in spare time, they can only control what & how we advertise on MFC)

So, you are correct as I see it. i do have an amazon wishlist & posted to my profile, but had never put a shipping address in there until i had done more research. And i have decided that when i update my profile soon i will remove it & delete it. I personally, am not ready to give out my city & state & all.

But again- i had just noticed the overwhelming popularity on the News Feed with Chipin that i figured MFC would definately notice that.

I particularly liked the chip-in that the most recent Miss MFC has (and still has) on her Profile. She not only got "fans" to buy her a Sybian via "chipin" she then proceeded to break the "anti-masturbation" rules once again in free chat but fucking it. She apparently couldn't afford to pay for it with the 50K + she made last month. :think:

If MFC can't see the blatant disregard for their rules (top models are much more visible on the site, clearly then the lower profile ones) .... then why would they pick on the little fish IE: the mother trying to get glasses for her kid? If they wan't to start making examples out of people- start at the top. I know this was said in another thread.. but needs to be said again.

Holy Crap, I did not know this, I just posted one less than a few days ago instead of having an "Amazon Wishlist" and it was to donate towards two sites that I give money to several times a year for Kiva.Org and the Animal Rescue League. I figured since it didnt have to do with asking for something directly for me, but to help me to help others it would be alright. I wasnt even asking that much only $500, I will now have to cancel it :(

N8KEDGTRHERO said:
Holy Crap, I did not know this, I just posted one less than a few days ago instead of having an "Amazon Wishlist" and it was to donate towards two sites that I give money to several times a year for Kiva.Org and the Animal Rescue League. I figured since it didnt have to do with asking for something directly for me, but to help me to help others it would be alright. I wasnt even asking that much only $500, I will now have to cancel it :(

you don't need to necessarily cancel it... but remove it from your MFC profile & all.(If u want to be within the rules)
U can keep the Chipin & use it on any other resources u use for camming. Such as having an xpeeps.com or facebook profile. U can advertise it there, on your own website etc... And u then can direct fans to your personal site or xpeeps or FB etc... as long as u are referring them to a social networking site instead of another profiting business type site-- you should be ok.
( I believe this to be fairly accurate... & if not then someone pls correct me)
So there does seem to be loopholes u can take advantage of.

*Re: KillerKunt post:
I haven't seen that cam girl yet on the feed, I don't believe. But wow.
I have heard of a couple girls saying that it was for medical bills or school & then they go on vacation....lol wtf!!!!
Also, I see that there is 1 girl on there that is Soooo annoying about her Chipin! She keeps saying she needs $10,000 TONIGHT for her schooling. And keeps posting it & similar posts over & over & overrrr & overrrrrr! lol Then, I went into her room & then to her Chipin & noticed that her Chipin asks for $14,000 & there has been -0- contributors.... lol i think she set her bar a little tooo high IMHO.

lol- ok, not picking on anyone
but the model i was referring to above, who constantly asks for $10k in her chipin... well she changed her name lol & now has changed a lil bit of her advertising...
maybe she read this? dunno, but it's a lil annoying when people post 5 & 10 messages on the news feed over & over & all...
Just givin a hint, that in my opinion- posting a million times on there can deter people & make them put u on ignore. I try not to post but a few times a day on there. Even people who only post 1 an hour are not crowding the feed. just the constant post after post....

More power to any model who can get her Chipin!!
i have thought about posting on my sites away from MFC which allow it. But i will only ask for a small amount. Maybe $500-$1,000, if that & i know a good need for it. We'll see....

I know a model who had her Chip In frozen. If I were a model and needed a chip-in. Advertise on your twitter, blog, in pm's, etc. Don't put it on your profile. Paypal WILL freeze it.

Also, the top model that did a chip-in for a Sybian even though she made a ton of money - more power to her. Others chipped in for it, so that's good for her. Of course MFC is going to turn a blind eye to it. The more money you make, the more MFC will let it slide. It's a well known fact. Live and let live, I suppose.

Moral of the story here?
Be a top model or be mindful of the rules. :lol:

Teagz said:
I know a model who had her Chip In frozen. If I were a model and needed a chip-in. Advertise on your twitter, blog, in pm's, etc. Don't put it on your profile. Paypal WILL freeze it.

Also, the top model that did a chip-in for a Sybian even though she made a ton of money - more power to her. Others chipped in for it, so that's good for her. Of course MFC is going to turn a blind eye to it. The more money you make, the more MFC will let it slide. It's a well known fact. Live and let live, I suppose.

Moral of the story here?
Be a top model or be mindful of the rules. :lol:

Be a top model or be mindful of the rules

Well said!!

I don't tip models for countdowns or to reach a goal or for any particular reason. I just tip them because I feel like it when I have the extra money to spend.

A chip-in is just begging for money and I would never contribute any amount of money to any model that is running a chip-in.

Teagz said:

noooo don't put it on your blog or twitter if your blog/twitter is used to advertise your camming, or has any adult-ish pics!!! You'll still get shut down! I had ONE widget on my blog, only place I ever advertised my chipin and Paypal found my blog, which isn't even nude, and shut down my TWO paypal accounts. If your blog/site/twitter links to MFC or any adult website, they still count it as breaking TOS. Best thing to do is just tell guys in your room about your chipin, or post on your profile/blog that you have a chipin account and am raising funds for _________, and to email you to get the link to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.