AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

When members want to meet up in person

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
mutantdonut said:
Isabella_deL said:
Kittycatpurr said:
Missing the "don't" after "please" which I'm pretty much certain was supposed to be there was really a bit of an epic fail on your part. I mean really, when writing a post that could so easily be taken the wrong way you should have proof read it before sending. Now you just look like a creeper. :clap: :lol:

^!#&%*&@!!!! Yea, i was missing "don't" in the first sentence of the original post. Kind of embarrassing but oh well, i'll live through it.

First off, please DON'T take this as me trying to finagle tips on how to meet a model in person
Okay, then you may disregard my snarky comments. I saw you had posted that, and then about 13 minutes later edited the post but it didn't change. So I've been going under the impression you meant it. :lol:

Kittycatpurr said:
Members who think that cam sites are like match.com but with live video really need to wake up and smell the coffee.

If a member has a mindset of trying to meet their future girlfriend or wife on a cam site, i equate that notion as trying to do the same at a bar or club. Both aren't exactly sound ideas. I would think trying to develop a romance through a cam site would be an even greater challenge given the many variables and obstacles. From a theoretical standpoint, trying to develop that romance via cam sites seem forced, especially when the model does not have intentions of being involved with their members.

PunkInDrublic said:
mutantdonut said:
If a member has a mindset of trying to meet their future girlfriend or wife on a cam site, i equate that notion as trying to do the same at a bar or club. Both aren't exactly sound ideas.
What? How are the two even comparable?
Agree. A better analogy might be hitting on your primary physician during an exam. :)

Nordling said:
PunkInDrublic said:
mutantdonut said:
If a member has a mindset of trying to meet their future girlfriend or wife on a cam site, i equate that notion as trying to do the same at a bar or club. Both aren't exactly sound ideas.
Agree. A better analogy might be hitting on your primary physician during an exam. :)

If she wasn't into me, she shouldn't have stuck her finger there.

mutantdonut said:
Kittycatpurr said:
Members who think that cam sites are like match.com but with live video really need to wake up and smell the coffee.

If a member has a mindset of trying to meet their future girlfriend or wife on a cam site, i equate that notion as trying to do the same at a bar or club. Both aren't exactly sound ideas. I would think trying to develop a romance through a cam site would be an even greater challenge given the many variables and obstacles. From a theoretical standpoint, trying to develop that romance via cam sites seem forced, especially when the model does not have intentions of being involved with their members.

It's more like going to all the different bars and trying to hook up with the bartenders... at least girls at a bar or club are currently in their off time.

OO, better! It's like going into target and hitting on all the female employees. Getting the camgirl's offsite contact info before trying for the win is like pestering the employees in their break room. And pushing for it after a girl has said no is called harassment.

Nordling said:
PunkInDrublic said:
mutantdonut said:

hey! i got a date like that once!

PunkInDrublic said:
mutantdonut said:

Not comparable at all! Most people go to bar's and clubs with the sole intention of hooking up/meeting someone. That's mutual. All models who go to a camsite are there for income and maybe confidence/something to do, but as far as I know no models start working on myfreecams in hope of a boyfriend/a date. I could be wrong but I've not heard of it. It does happen, but not very often.

If it were to be compared to anything it'd be a strip club. The men are there specifically because they find the girls hot. The girls are there for income. I even find that a more likely situation though as you get to physically interact with each other. Because camland lacks physical interaction it really limits members chances.

Many people meet their future girlfriend's or wives in bar's and clubs. I know loads of people make out it's "not a good place to meet", but why the fuck not? Most people go to bar's and clubs, they're a good place to meet people, so why should meeting someone you really like in a place like that deter you from having a relationship? It's not like that girl you met in the library would suddenly turn into a raging whore if you met her in a different setting, she'd still be the same girl.
I met my boyfriend just after a club through a mutual friend, but he'd been at the club, as had I, I just happened to be invited to an after party/gathering at his, and I technically met him while still on the club's grounds though it was outside. Would things have been different if I'd been introduced to him 10 minutes earlier? I don't think so.

Mostly for me it is Toronto boys that want to meet up and leave when they find out I'm not in the GTA. My go to answer when people ask me to meet up or about meeting up is that I don't want to offend them, but if we met in person I'd probably poke them in the eyes and run away. Or some other spastic fear response. :/ I wouldn't be ok with meeting any members outside of a context I set, such as a convention.

SeraTonix said:
Mostly for me it is Toronto boys that want to meet up and leave when they find out I'm not in the GTA. My go to answer when people ask me to meet up or about meeting up is that I don't want to offend them, but if we met in person I'd probably poke them in the eyes and run away. Or some other spastic fear response. :/ I wouldn't be ok with meeting any members outside of a context I set, such as a convention.

No, go for the nuts.

yossarian said:
SeraTonix said:

No, go for the nuts.
That's not always practical, and can put you off balance should you miss your shot and have to make a run for it, especially in heels. A sharp blow to the sternum can be just as effective if you have your hands free and can get a good wind-up. It hurts like hell, feels like some types of heart attack, requires prompt medical attention if really successful, is quickly executed and rarely expected. Eyes work, if the person isn't much taller. If he is, then the throat works. The only disadvantage with aiming high is that your arms are raised high, and can easily be grabbed.

I get guys to ask me to meet up all the time. sometimes they take me exclusive for about 40mins just to try to convince me to meet up. I tell them, "i am not a prostitute and that I'm only on the site to work". some guys get mad and I never hear from them again and some guys just keep coming back to beg for me. I just find it funny when they ask where am I from and I tell and then alll of the sudden they are from the same area.lol

sexiinene90 said:
I get guys to ask me to meet up all the time. sometimes they take me exclusive for about 40mins just to try to convince me to meet up. I tell them, "i am not a prostitute and that I'm only on the site to work". some guys get mad and I never hear from them again and some guys just keep coming back to beg for me. I just find it funny when they ask where am I from and I tell and then alll of the sudden they are from the same area.lol

You might want to stop telling guys this info. :twocents-02cents:

Reactions: Sevrin
ComicOzzie said:

I mention my state, but I never say what county or town I'm in. And I don't announce what the current temperature is. You should worry about the cam girls who tell members the name of colleges they're currently attending...and the name of local spots (bars, clubs, etc.) where they'll be tonight. :?

There's all kinds of answers cam girls could give to the question "Where are you from?"

I'm from the internet.
I'm from your dreams.
I'm from my mother's vagina.
I'm from Intercourse, Pennsylvania (yes, that's the name of a real town in PA)
I'm from Oz.
I'm from Mars.
I'm in the U.S.A.
I'm on the east coast.
I'm from insert-name-of-state-and-don't-give-any-further-info.

yummybrownfox said:
ComicOzzie said:
extactly :twocents-02cents:
I mention my state, but I never say what county or town I'm in. And I don't announce what the current temperature is. You should worry about the cam girls who tell members the name of colleges they're currently attending...and the name of local spots (bars, clubs, etc.) where they'll be tonight. :?

There's all kinds of answers cam girls could give to the question "Where are you from?"

I'm from the internet.
I'm from your dreams.
I'm from my mother's vagina.
I'm from Intercourse, Pennsylvania (yes, that's the name of a real town in PA)
I'm from Oz.
I'm from Mars.
I'm in the U.S.A.
I'm on the east coast.
I'm from insert-name-of-state-and-don't-give-any-further-info.

I have found the perfect...and honest...way of keeping my location a secret. And 100% of the time, it works and guys do not continue to ask me where I live. I tell them that I don't tell anyone where I live because I have children and need to respect their privacy. I love that the men totally respect that!

And as far as people wanting to meet, I have had people abruptly leave a private when I tell them that I will NOT meet them in public. But then i have also encountered the situation where I said no, and then he told me it ruined the fantasy. So, I do try to tiptoe around the subject and say something like "Oh, if things were different," or "In a perfect world."

Either way, it's a difficult situation.

Mr Deer made a fantastic point the other day about this .

Every guy who tries to get a model to meet up thinks "Im different, I could be the exception!" comes from some weird send of entitlement or something.
Sure, maybe you think you have everything in common and would be the best friends/lovers/whatever if you had just met in the grocery store or something (you and 10 gazillion other dudes).
But you found her here, on this site where the only way to REALLY get in close with one another is to spend a little money.

Well theres a reason thats only way to talk to her... :lol:

Its easier to be a twit about things like that on the internet because you dont have to face any reprecussions for your ass-ness. Just type a couple words on the keyboard, easy as pie and no consequences.

Jessi said:

Every guy who tries to get a model to meet up thinks "Im different, I could be the exception!" comes from some weird send of entitlement or something.
Sure, maybe you think you have everything in common and would be the best friends/lovers/whatever if you had just met in the grocery store or something (you and 10 gazillion other dudes).
But you found her here, on this site where the only way to REALLY get in close with one another is to spend a little money.

Its easier to be a twit about things like that on the internet because you dont have to face any reprecussions for your ass-ness. Just type a couple words on the keyboard, easy as pie and no consequences.

Apparently what's taken for granted by us, the so-called "gentlemen clientele" of the cam sites, is how models must deal with a myriad of undesired inquiries to what i can only imagine (meetup requests being one of them). When asking in hopes of a meetup, it's probably not apparent to many of the clientele that they're not the first and sure as hell won't be the last when asking for such a request. It's like... take a number.

yossarian said:
Personally, I think you have a better chance of finding a girlfriend on eBay than on a camsite.

LOL! That's what I did but she became my wife.
:thumbleft:

Reactions: LadyLuna
I'm going to share my experiences about meeting cam models, knowing that my behavior is not in line with the general consensus of "NO MEETINGS" in this forum about meetings between models and members :)

In the 3 years that I'm now active on cam sites I did have 6 meetings with 4 cam models, It did give color to my grey life.

First & second meetings: A Russian model, age 22, from the nude section of LJ, half of my age, half of my weight :) In LJ chats she did say she was trying go get a visa for Holland, and I joked that if that happens I did want to drink a cup of coffee with her. I did not think it was for real at that time, just small talk. However, at some point in LJ chat she did say she was now in Holland, and that she will stay fore 3 months here ! We did have a dinner with interesting talk. 2 weeks later I was her personal tourist guide for a day. Spending time with a 22 old, it does give a 45 old man lots of energy :) It was cool, but sure we where different. Of course, as a man, it was my duty to give hints about possible bed time fun, that was completely ignored by her :)

Third meeting: A 50 year old Russian lady from the non-nude section of LJ, her son works in a German city and she was there on vacation. So I drived 2 times 5 hours for a one-night stand (ok, also a dinner in the evening before to), everything was discussed before, it was good, a very cool adventure.

Fourth meeting: A 23 year old MFC model from Romania, great person. And a paid model/member relation and online friends for a long time. Unique combination, I have more (online) friendships in this cam world, however those started after the paid model/member relation was ended. The vacation was 3 days as "Friends with Benefits" in Berlin. This meeting did go wrong, to much emotions, she had a different agenda then said before ... I did respond badly to this situation ( douchebag is a good description ). In the weeks after this meeting it was a mess ...

Fifth meeting: The 'correction' of the previous meeting, 4 months later, dropping the "with Benefits" part. A 10 day vacation, Paris and Amsterdam (with stops in Belgium), first time for her that she was in those countries. Giving a great person a nice vacation, we both enjoyed it ! (the last 3 days in Amsterdam was not so good IMHO, she was stoned all the time, nothing bad happened, she still says she had a great time in Amsterdam, I did see a cheerful person turned into a stoned zombie).

Sixth meeting: A MFC model of 24 years from Romania, I know her 3 years, our relation did go from paid model/member to friends, keeping each other informed about our lives with facebook chat. She did have a real life relation with an other Dutch cam member, that relation ended terrible after she did found out he had 'sissy boy' relations with other cam models, in their relation he was 'normal'. And that bastard did also make her pay for her tickets, and half of all other costs like hotels/meals. Haha, "Going Dutch" is invented by us Dutch folks :) She was pretty frustrated about that money thing. She dreamed about seeing Paris, so I did give her a Paris vacation as birthday gift, blitz, from saturday-morning to monday-morning. All payed by me, that was heaven for her. Ohhh, her sister did come to, she does not trust cam members, smart girl, but saying that so clearly did cost her money, I let her pay herself for the WizzAir plane tickets, in Paris I paid for all of us 3, the gentleman I am :) Her presence did also prevent anything sexual happening.

The seventh meeting is already planned ! Spring 2014, with the model from the meetings 4 & 5, I fly to Bucharest, rent a car, and we do a road-trip into the Romanian country-side and mountains, Sibiu, Brasov, etc. I'm really looking forward to that ! Most likely again only "Friends" and no "Benefits", I think I can handle that one more time.

Reactions: xtc
Jessi said:

So, your position is that if someone is paying for the time and attention of someone else, there must be something wrong with their character? If that's the case, I have to say, I find that to be a bit presumptive and a lot insulting.

zippypinhead said:
Jessi said:

So, your position is that if someone is paying for the time and attention of someone else, there must be something wrong with their character? If that's the case, I have to say, I find that to be a bit presumptive and a lot insulting.
A bit of a stretch. I didn't get that from what she posted at all. Probably shouldn't take personal what people say in general.

Nordling said:
zippypinhead said:
Jessi said:

A bit of a stretch. I didn't get that from what she posted at all. Probably shouldn't take personal what people say in general.

No, I'm reading disdain in this. If it's not present, then fine, but the gist is: "she won't talk to you unless you pay her." And what I'm inferring from the last part of the post is, "she won't talk to you unless you pay her, and it's probably because you're a jackass in real life."

Mind you, I'm not the type who cruises camsites looking for IRL dates. However, it is true that people do meet up with models on occasion, whatever the circumstances, whether it be public events like conventions, semi-public events like sponsored parties, publicly-arranged private meetings like "date" raffles, or just plain ol' private happenings where two people like each other enough to actually meet up. The point is, it happens enough in sanctioned ways that we shouldn't probably pretend that there's a big wall between all models and all users, especially if the wall is a paywall. I've found that money is a social lubricant, not a social impediment. This idea that the transaction makes the girl unavailable is not universally true, just as the idea that those willing to make the transactions must be socially inept is also not universally true. I'd wager that plenty of nice, well-adjusted, not-entitled guys are hanging out in camsites, wondering at the possibility of ever meeting their internet dream girl face to face one day. It's kind of part of the projected fantasy, isn't it?

The thing is, that cam models are as different as members. Everyone has their experiences and prejudices. It's just as silly for a model to pretend to speak for all cam models based on her point of view as it is for one member to speak for other members. Some models think it inappropriate for members to want to meet them, but not all do. Entertaining the possibility doesn't mean that she'll want to meet every member who wants to meet them, or even any member, ever. And if there ever is a meeting, chances are excellent that one or both can end up disappointed.

There are all kinds of relationships between models and members. Members don't know *everything* that goes on, and neither do models. Nor is it in anyone's interest, and that goes for both members and models, to always tell everyone their business.

Reactions: xtc and LadyLuna
zippypinhead said:
Jessi said:

I did not say that AT ALL. You completely misinterpreted that.

"she won't talk to you unless you pay her, and it's probably because you're a jackass in real life."

You are reading WAY too much into that. I have NEVER held that position and many times in my posts on here expressed my feelings to the contrary

His point was that the girl knows she is attractive/good company/ whatever , so she is making a site where you PAY for those things the only way to get them from her her. She is putting that stuff up for sale. She is making her time and attention available for a price and not handing it out for free to everyone who wants it. Thats all I said. That statement has NOTHING to do with the members. Shes got something she knows people want, so shes putting it up for sale.

I dont know how to be any more clear in that.

I would hope that in my time posting here you'd know I don't view members in that way. I have some awesome long time regulars who I consider great friends and great people. We've both been on the forum for a while, and that stung. I dont want people thinking I see them that way my god.

The second part about being a twit was a completely seperate thought about trolls in general.

Jessi said:
zippypinhead said:
Jessi said:

I did not say that AT ALL. You completely misinterpreted that.

"she won't talk to you unless you pay her, and it's probably because you're a jackass in real life."

You are reading WAY too much into that. I have NEVER held that position and many times in my posts on here expressed my feelings to the contrary

His point was that the girl knows she is attractive/good company/ whatever , so she is making a site where you PAY for those things the only way to get them from her her. She is putting that stuff up for sale. She is making her time and attention available for a price and not handing it out for free to everyone who wants it. Thats all I said. That statement has NOTHING to do with the members. Shes got something she knows people want, so shes putting it up for sale.

I dont know how to be any more clear in that.

I would hope that in my time posting here you'd know I don't view members in that way. I have some awesome long time regulars who I consider great friends and great people. We've both been on the forum for a while, and that stung. I dont want people thinking I see them that way my god.

The second part about being a twit was a completely seperate thought about trolls in general.

Rereading your post, I can understand where you're coming from now. Sorry for the misinterpretation.

Status
Not open for further replies.