AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

When people come in and leave again...

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SierraSquirts

Inactive Cam Model
Jul 18, 2016
UK
MFC Username
SierraSquirts
How does it make you feel when a member comes in your room, you say Hi and they disappear right away?

I'm often thinking WTF is wrong with me when this happens and it affects my confidence way more than what it should!

• Hugs
Reactions: Ann_Sulu
Generally I figure it's most likely 1/3 options: they were looking for something else, their computer/MFC glitched and they got booted accidentally, or they're freeloaders and you're just not doing what they do not want to pay for yet.

If it is you that they don't like, there's no point in having them in your room. Same thing if they are a freeloader. If their computer/MFC was the problem and they did like you, they'll be back.

Having said that, I basically just ignore it. I try to focus more on those that are chatting and actually want to be there, with me.

How does it make you feel when a member comes in your room, you say Hi and they disappear right away?

I'm often thinking WTF is wrong with me when this happens and it affects my confidence way more than what it should!

Not sure if you are using Chaturbate, but there is a setting in your chatroom which allows you to turn off the option to see people come and leave from your chatroom.

I am pretty insecure about it and I often wonder if its something that I am not doing or something that I am doing wrong. I wonder if they think I am too fat or too black or that I cant focus on more than 3 people at a time. I try to devote my attention to every member that I can but thats difficult to do at times. I realize that each member has a particular preference but I am a bbw and I state in my profile that I am a bbw and what you see is what you get.....memorex. I guess it's cause I dont wear makeup or that I eat on camera sometimes....uggh I dont know.

I don't have a reason/explanation for this but I do have advice that I think is really important for so much of this job: don't take it personally. Not easy, I know, but try not to. It's probably not a personal slight, just all sorts of "real life" going on for the fellows.

I do that all the time. It is just quick browsing, not seeing what I'm into (physically or conversation wise or even stuff that is annoying), I may not have the time to stay so I entered just to bookmark, sometimes it is because I'm avoiding the common instant PM that I can sense that is coming! It is all of those things

Reactions: JerryBoBerry
It's not you, it's me. Or more accurately, it's MFC. Happens to me all the time, when I click on the room I want to enter, the homepage refreshes and boom! I'm not in the room I (thought I) clicked on. Like everybody else said, don't take it personally ;)

• Helpful!
Reactions: SandyPanz
I click on the room I want to enter, the homepage refreshes and boom!

This happens to me so often! I changed my settings to refresh every 120 seconds but it still happens a lot.

Also, for new models I tend to be a bit quieter until I know them better or get a feel for the conversation going on in the room. If I go into a room where there's not much chat going on I may feel like ducking out fast before I feel like I'm the only one talking.

And other times it's exactly the opposite. I may feel chatty and find a room where no one else is, so I can have chat time with the model all to myself. It's like a free private session almost.

It really depends on my mood. Also if I go into a room and see a lovense/ohmibod i leave fast.

• Helpful!
you say Hi and they disappear right away?

There was a big thread on this a while back but a lot of people don't like being called out as soon as they enter a room. It makes them feel pressured and put on the spot to either immediately chat or tip, so its possible that you saying "Hi" to everyone entering could be what causes some of them to leave.

There was a big thread on this a while back but a lot of people don't like being called out as soon as they enter a room. It makes them feel pressured and put on the spot to either immediately chat or tip, so its possible that you saying "Hi" to everyone entering could be what causes some of them to leave.

Exactly, when I go into a room I like to get a feel of the model and the room and sometimes I just like to watch a bit.
If a model adresses me DIRECTLY I feel forced into a conversation and will disappear and maybe return as a guest after logging out.

:)

• Helpful!

Unfortunately, you will be dealing with lots of members popping in and out of your room without speaking. Whether you greet them by name or not, it's going to happen because that's what many of these members do on the "free chat" cam sites such as MFC, SM, etc. I don't even do the "Hi, Bill" thing anymore (unless it's a regular or a repeat viewer who I know enjoys that personal acknowledgment), and I still get lots of dudes on MFC popping in and out my room. You'll notice that if they pop in right as you are flashing your tits, that's when they usually stick around longer...until you put your boobs back in. Lol.

Member view:
It should affect your confidence a little... when you say hi and someone leaves, it is a brush off. You are asking them to commit to interacting with you when you say hi.
It is not always meant to be offensive though, it can mean a number of things, so acting on it is difficult. If someone visits there is a part of them that is interested. For those you haven't met you are asking them to decide to choose you right then and there, to take the next step. For those you have met, they are probably waiting for someone else.
(Don't underestimate the waiting for someone else crowd though, they are still interested. I have been waiting for one ACF model for the last few weeks, and spent on others while waiting...still not seen her for long enough to spend on her yet....so one model is missing out on my tokens to those I favour less)

Last edited:
  • Wat?!
Reactions: SaffronBurke
I come into rooms as a guest if I'm just casually looking around and don't know the model or her room. That way, my arrival or leaving won't be noticed.

Related question: For those models on MFC who do groups, how do you feel about members who pop in and out of the room during group? I have to admit I do this sometimes if it's a model I don't know and there's nothing "interesting" going on at the time. I can see how the model might find this annoying (is the member rejecting me; do enough members remain to make it worthwhile to continue).

Have this all the time but I think everyone has this to a certain extent...

You get really paranoid and starting thinking 'oh crumbs...is it me?'. I've stopped worrying now and just get on with it....not going to be for everyone but will be for some :).

Also I've stopping saying 'hello' to people that come in my room...some don't like to be mentioned...if they've been sat there for 30 mins then I generally say 'hello' and sometimes they start chatting or leave...

Just be you, you are someones cup of tea :) xx.

Maybe this is just a me problem, but when im on my tablet I accidentally tap on a room hard enough to enter while I'm scrolling through the homepage.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
Status
Not open for further replies.