AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Where do you draw the line?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a customer who has purchased a video, one that is available for purchase on ManyVids, directly through me at discounted price.

The video was shared to his email via Dropbox promptly as well as to two of his ManyVids accounts via the free MV link to which have been, for whatever reason, deleted/suspended. He had requested I upload the file once more to Dropbox, which I did, but I notified him I would only be able to keep it uploaded for a few days due to space restrictions and use requirements for other buyer's videos and requested him to promptly download the file.

He has now contacted me again via email asking if the file is still view-able on Dropbox and requesting another email share. This is getting a bit out of hand as he has messaged me multiple times for me to share this video file to him as well as update requests on me getting the video uploaded to my Dropbox.

At this point I'm at a loss as to what to do. Should I share it with him again or should I have him pay for the video a second time? This is frustrating and I don't want to be unfair to a buyer, but I also don't want to be walked all over. At what point is it a respectable decision to draw the line?

Once you supplied him the clip, it is now his responsibility to safely store it. If it is only viewable via streaming, he can easily save that link in a txt doc. My guy has a google doc and drive filled with links and clips he has purchased. You already did it once, don't do it again. I know some guys delete their history and traces, but there ways to cover your tracks without constantly losing the content you plan on rewatching.

Yeah, no. You did your job and then some. You told him to promptly download it and went far beyond your duty as a model. I find it disrespectful of him to continuously waste your time like that.

Sorry to double post, but it's like those dudes who constantly make new Snapchat accounts and expect you to keep adding the new ones to premium.

What if he's sharing it with online friends, and that's the reason why he keeps wanting it added to dropbox? I wouldn't send it to him again, it seems really suspicious.

Thanks so much for your advice, and that is definitely a possibility Kylie! I've already informed him to re-purchase if he wants the re-upload, but I was feeling unsure of my decision there. I have no doubt now that I made the right call! :)

I'm an occasional content purchaser in addition to being a model, and I really don't understand the dudes who don't save their purchases right away. I save/download/whatever I need to do instantly, because I spent the money and want to be able to watch it whenever I want, and I don't want to bug the model - I tipped her for content, not constant attention.

You're the talent, producer, and marketer. Not his personal assistant. I'd tell him to go pound sand. Fuck the repurchase even. Who wants to have customers that expect a babysitter for $10. Imagine any future purchases with him. Your time is worth way more

I have a customer who has purchased a video, one that is available for purchase on ManyVids, directly through me at discounted price.

The video was shared to his email via Dropbox promptly as well as to two of his ManyVids accounts via the free MV link to which have been, for whatever reason, deleted/suspended. He had requested I upload the file once more to Dropbox, which I did, but I notified him I would only be able to keep it uploaded for a few days due to space restrictions and use requirements for other buyer's videos and requested him to promptly download the file.

He has now contacted me again via email asking if the file is still view-able on Dropbox and requesting another email share. This is getting a bit out of hand as he has messaged me multiple times for me to share this video file to him as well as update requests on me getting the video uploaded to my Dropbox.

At this point I'm at a loss as to what to do. Should I share it with him again or should I have him pay for the video a second time? This is frustrating and I don't want to be unfair to a buyer, but I also don't want to be walked all over. At what point is it a respectable decision to draw the line?

This bullshit is why I prefer that guys just go right to my ManyVids or Clips4Sale profile, and buy videos directly from there. When I used ProjectMaenad (which is great...don't get me wrong), I had to give the guy a video link, and would sometimes have to deal with him claiming he "can't download the video because the link is expired." Which is bullshit (and suspicious) to me, because we're talking about a video link that I'd just created and given to him with X download attempts. This "The link is expired, so I can't download it" crap makes me wonder if he A) is trying to get a new link from me so he can share my video with someone else, or B) maybe he somehow started the download, but the downloading was interrupted and never completed (like if he had to shut down his computer asap)? I have no idea, but I'm just gonna stick with ManyVids/Clips4Sale/MFC Share/other cam sites that let you upload videos for sale onto your profile.

Reactions: MilaRose
When I send files, I always tell them to tell me if theres an issue as soon as I have sent it, if they just say ok i'll ask them after 10-20 mins if they managed to get the file, kind of giving them the nudge like yeah, get it now because im not sending it again. If they come back to me after a few days asking for the link again, they have to pay again, they have already confirmed that they had the link and they made the choice not to use it, or they did use it and lost the file.

When I send files, I always tell them to tell me if theres an issue as soon as I have sent it, if they just say ok i'll ask them after 10-20 mins if they managed to get the file, kind of giving them the nudge like yeah, get it now because im not sending it again. If they come back to me after a few days asking for the link again, they have to pay again, they have already confirmed that they had the link and they made the choice not to use it, or they did use it and lost the file.

That's actually really solid advice, thanks for that!

Reactions: KingMarti
Along with the others, you've been more than accommodating to him for the video. As a member, it's on me to get the video within a certain amount of time. If it's a time expiring link, and I don't access it before it expires it's on me. If there's something that happened beyond my control such as website went down, internet access, etc. I might ask for a renewed link. But, this should be the very rare exception, and not the rule. Nor should it be more than a single request.

As others have mentioned, nudge them immediately and make sure they download it asap. If they don't do it immediately, then it's their risk of losing out. I would also write up a policy saying something like if it's not downloaded before you sign off (if on cam), or before the link expires, set time before deletion, etc. they lose out and will have to repurchase it.

For this guy, looking at it in hindsight, he purchased it at a discount directly from you. After his first request to reshare/upload it, you could have told him you'll charge the difference between full price and his discounted price if you wanted to be nice to him. Just seems odd that it was sent to so many different accounts, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.