AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Which is harder?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cracking eggs. Every damn time I'm making fudge brownies, I'm picking egg shells out of the bowl before I mix everything together.

Peeling an onion! Cracking eggs comes pretty easy to me and its not like the bits of shell are hard to see/get out.
With onions you got that annoying paper skin that sometimes refuses to come off, thinner sometimes slimier skin in between layers and then of course, the eye burning. It's amazing we even figured out these things were edible.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
Neither? They're both pretty simple for me. Peeling a hard boiled egg though...that's a Herculean task.

Reactions: DrWangFei
Neither? They're both pretty simple for me. Peeling a hard boiled egg though...that's a Herculean task.
Leave the eggs in the fridge for a week or two before boiling them. Fresher eggs are harder to peel.

Why Are Fresh Eggs Harder to Peel?
After the eggshell's protective coat slowly wears off, the egg becomes porous, absorbs more air, and releases some of its carbon dioxide. This makes the albumen more acidic, causing it to stick to the inner membrane less. The egg white also shrinks slightly, so the air space between the eggshell and the membrane grows larger, resulting in boiled eggs that are easier to peel.

For ideal peeling, use eggs that are seven to 10 days old.

It's amazing we even figured out these things were edible.

Seriously, how did we figure out that some things are food? Especially the forms that existed in the wild before that cultivation thing became popular. Carrots were initially just a thick root and not much bigger than any plant's tap root, who decided to eat that?

On topic, I don't think that either is really all that hard, but peeling an onion takes longer and more effort.

Seriously, how did we figure out that some things are food? Especially the forms that existed in the wild before that cultivation thing became popular. Carrots were initially just a thick root and not much bigger than any plant's tap root, who decided to eat that?
Somebody starving I would guess.

I'm not sure how people peel their hard boiled eggs...

As soon they're finished boiling, i immediately put them in ice water and peel them right away. Shell comes off a lot easier than waiting for them to cool on its own.

u can put a lil bit of vinegar in the water ur boiling them in, it will make it easier to peel bc it breaks down th whites. u can also use the cold water method with this and using spoons to peel them makes it very easy takes like 5 seconds. i usually only do the latter two tho.

have any of yall tried a a tea egg? its a taiwanese recipe when u boil the egg in soy sauce tea n other spices. u just let it soak in for maybe an hour or two and it comes out so tasty and smells so beautiful

I have never peeled an onion, but cracking eggs is easy. If you use the top edge of a bowl or pan it can shove egg shards inwards, so I use the counter instead to keep my food shard free.

have any of yall tried a a tea egg? its a taiwanese recipe when u boil the egg in soy sauce tea n other spices. u just let it soak in for maybe an hour or two and it comes out so tasty and smells so beautiful

I've made tea eggs before. But it was from my Chinese cookbooks that just used tea, strong tea. And they boiled them for 10 minutes first, then gently cracked the shell, but leaving it on the egg. Then they boiled it in the tea mix for a lot longer. Makes a very pretty pattern when finally peeled.

242bab6e85f3d4de2a157493452f1811.jpg

lol do u ever feel like an egg looks better than u!! so gorgeous

:D They make great garnishments. Make a big bowl of salad when you have guests. Cut those in half and border all around the edge of the bowl with them. Makes ya look a whole 'nother level of fancy.

Status
Not open for further replies.