AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!
  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.

Who would you vote for?

• Donald Trump

• Hillary Clinton

• Bernie Sanders

• Gary Johnson (Libertarian Party)

• Jill Stein (Green Party)

• Other

• None

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is why the republican party is divided:

The republican establishment has only 1 job: to show up and lose. They get paid handsomely for it and have perfected it for decades. They show up and lose physically by sending weak candidates to the elections and they show up and lose figuratively because when they do hold power they hand it over to the left and betray the trust of their voters, they also show up and lose ideologically every time they apologize to the left for deviating from their moral code, a moral code that means nothing to the republican base. They call them cuckservatives because of it. Paul Ryan is a pussy-whipped cuckservative who has wasted every opportunity as the republican speaker of a republican House. He is despised in the section that matters within the GOP. The last time he showed his face publicly he was shouted down from the podium with the words "SHAME ON YOU".

So there is a pretty large section of the GOP that never shows up to vote. When someone inspires them and they finally do show up, the media is shocked and calls them "Reagan democrats". I guess they are in a way, because by not showing up to vote, they hand the elections to the democratic candidates. But why show up to vote when you know beforehand that if your candidate wins, he will lose anyway because he is being paid to do so? This section will show up to vote for Trump. Because Trump cannot be controlled by the donors and the establishment, he does not recoil, does not apologize, is galvanizing the young republican vote, and there is trust that he will not be just another cuckservative. This is why they will vote him and this is why the establishment is distancing themselves from Trump since the day he announced his campaign. The establishment doesn't like an outsider to shake up things, they have a cushy job where all they have to do is lose. Who wants to give up that sweet, sweet spot? If Trump wins the donors will find other strategies and things could change. Who wants their donations put in peril?

Now, on the "you can grab them by the pussy" video, I give 0 fucks. And I am surprised this board cares. That video was released to isolate Trump from a wide section of the republican constituency: religious folk. But we are camgirls, we trade in male sexuality, we know how guys are in private, well, guys with a healthy testosterone level, not the feminist manlets in Academia:

View attachment 66088

But men will say shit like this to one another and it is meaningless, they were just fucking around. Pretending like this is some sort of huge revelation about Trump's character is something I would expect from a Pastor in the Bible Belt but not from us.

I tend to agree about the "Pussygate" scandal, in that it doesn't reveal anything fundamentally new or mind-changing about Trump. So, after all that's happened in this campaign, for those Republicans to suddenly be wringing their hands and trying to distance themselves from Trump seems disingenuous and unprincipled.

What do you think is going to happen with the GOP (or the "Trump wing" of the party) over the next 5-10 years? It doesn't seem like the business/"Main Street" wing of the party can coexist with the Trump wing.

Now, on the "you can grab them by the pussy" video, I give 0 fucks. And I am surprised this board cares. That video was released to isolate Trump from a wide section of the republican constituency: religious folk. But we are camgirls, we trade in male sexuality, we know how guys are in private, well, guys with a healthy testosterone level, not the feminist manlets in Academia:

View attachment 66088

Genuine question: Would you have more respect for that guy if he attempted to grab your pussy while you were out because he thought he could get away with it?

It doesn't seem like the business/"Main Street" wing of the party can coexist with the Trump wing.
I'm not sure society can coexist with the Trump wing.

Not if this is the base they are going to cater to.

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:
when they do hold power they hand it over to the left
While I agree with most of Kitsune's post, this is a little bit of a cop out.

Genuine question: Would you have more respect for that guy if he attempted to grab your pussy while you were out because he thought he could get away with it?

He was in a bus with 7 dudes talking and joking about women. This is classic high T heterosexual male pussyhound shit talk. Guys discuss women, they joke about fucking them, they rate their looks, and are pretty lewd about it. They are men! Men hide from women this talk, naturally, because women don't like listening to this stuff from the source, but everyone knows that this is just banter. Pretending to be outraged, especially if you are a guy and you probably do this with your friends often, is nothing but beta posturing talk.

Meanwhile here is a video you will probably find interesting of President Rapist fondling a staffer in front of the rest of the staff.

Edit so I don't DP:

The media is full on "destroy Trump" mode since the beginning of the race. Here is a video of Trump's rally yesterday, he is asking the cameras "SHOW THE CROWD" and none of them do. They keep the cameras stuck on Trump's face because they don't want the public to know that he is going to win

This is going to be like Brexit and the FARC vote in Colombia. A huge win that "nobody predicted"

Last edited:
It's interesting to me that some of you see Trump's talk as masculine/testosterone driven or whatever. To me, it looks like complete insecurity. Even if we ignore the ick factor in what he said, a man who brags about sexual conquests to other men is looking for male approval. I don't find that to be a trait to value in a grown man at all.

The media is full on "destroy Trump" mode since the beginning of the race. Here is a video of Trump's rally yesterday, he is asking the cameras "SHOW THE CROWD" and none of them do. They keep the cameras stuck on Trump's face because they don't want the public to know that he is going to win

This is going to be like Brexit and the FARC vote in Colombia. A huge win that "nobody predicted"

Fuck the media. Fuck the rabble Donald has roused. This isn't a WWE event any more. It is beginning to look more like an attack on our sovereignty.

Reposting this link, because if true, this is very serious.
http://www.newsweek.com/vladimir-pu...-clinton-donald-trump-benghazi-sputnik-508635

Here is the video version...

The author involved in this incident lists two possible explanations for this:
  1. Trump and Moscow were both separately misled into believing the same lie Trump shared at his rally
  2. Trump is drawing on information from Moscow for his political campaign
I would add a third possibility; the author is full of shit, and this is a political hatchet job. Unfortunately, Donald Trump's own speeches make that a little difficult to believe. Listening to ultra-right fanatics whine "they are just words" is no longer making me giggle. Stupidity and ignorance isn't funny when it becomes a clear and present danger.

My congressmen are Republican and support Trump (last time I checked anyways). I don't know if it will do any good, but I plan on reaching out to them today to voice my concerns about this.

He was in a bus with 7 dudes talking and joking about women. This is classic high T heterosexual male pussyhound shit talk. Guys discuss women, they joke about fucking them, they rate their looks, and are pretty lewd about it. They are men! Men hide from women this talk, naturally, because women don't like listening to this stuff from the source, but everyone knows that this is just banter. Pretending to be outraged, especially if you are a guy and you probably do this with your friends often, is nothing but beta posturing talk.

If it was just talk and this was the first time we'd been afforded a glimpse of that side of Trump, I'd agree with you. The leaked audio combined with the rape allegations combined with the alleged sex with a minor combined with Trump's history of denigrating women in public combined with his wealth and affluence and the power that affords him over the people who lack those things combined with what could very easily be viewed as over-compensation for his insecurities... you can't help but form a picture of someone who wouldn't just talk about groping pussy but of someone who would actually do it. And has done it. And there are plenty of women who claim he has done it (or worse) to them. It's less "outrage over Trump being a typical manly man" and more the possibility that sexual assault is a boundary that Trump doesn't seem phased by. It's not exactly presidential, ya know?

And Bill Clinton being possibly worse than Trump in that regard is hardly a solid defence of Trump.

The republican establishment has only 1 job: to show up and lose. They get paid handsomely for it and have perfected it for decades. They show up and lose physically by sending weak candidates to the elections and they show up and lose figuratively because when they do hold power they hand it over to the left and betray the trust of their voters, they also show up and lose ideologically every time they apologize to the left for deviating from their moral code, a moral code that means nothing to the republican base. They call them cuckservatives because of it. Paul Ryan is a pussy-whipped cuckservative who has wasted every opportunity as the republican speaker of a republican House. He is despised in the section that matters within the GOP. The last time he showed his face publicly he was shouted down from the podium with the words "SHAME ON YOU".

This is some next level conspiracy theory level stuff. So you're saying the Republican Party is just a sham and it's all a show to hand the power over to the Dems year after year?

Now, on the "you can grab them by the pussy" video, I give 0 fucks. And I am surprised this board cares. That video was released to isolate Trump from a wide section of the republican constituency: religious folk. But we are camgirls, we trade in male sexuality, we know how guys are in private, well, guys with a healthy testosterone level, not the feminist manlets in Academia

I'm a camgirl that works on a private based site (so I likely see different sides of men than a tease model would). The majority of people I hang out with are male, most of them are red-blooded rock musicians. And NONE of them talk like that. They might make comments like "hot damn, look at that ass" "I'd tap that" and similar, but what Trump said is you can do whatever you want to a woman if you're a star. It's an entirely different implication. He's saying that with enough power you can do whatever you want to women. It's entirely different. If you only focus on the first part of what he said, sure it's locker room talk (beta locker room talk I might add, because most self-secure men wouldn't be bragging about it) but the "grab them by the pussy" bit is entirely different.

It's interesting to me that some of you see Trump's talk as masculine/testosterone driven or whatever. To me, it looks like complete insecurity. Even if we ignore the ick factor in what he said, a man who brags about sexual conquests to other men is looking for male approval. I don't find that to be a trait to value in a grown man at all.
Had to agree with you, because it is a little primitive. But most times, I don't really think it's insecurity, as much as attempting to assert a dominant position within the pack.

Now this needing to tear anybody down who offends him (however slightly), that's a different story.

If you took away the absolutely horrifying confessions of sexual assault, it was just embarrassing.... like listening to a 13 year old boy after he touched his first boobie. /end quote

BUT he admitted to sexually assaulting women on tape putting into his own words what so many have accused him of doing, not just making crude comments about what he would LIKE to do to women, but about what he DOES to women so...
IF YOU'RE RESPONSE TO HIM CONFESSING TO SEXUAL ASSAULT IS TO POINT AT LIL' BILLY BECAUSE HE DID IT TOO, YOU ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM IN THE WORLD AND SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF!

The bad actions of one are not excused by the bad actions of another.

"Suzy pick up your legos"
"but billy didn't pick up his legos!"

YOU STILL HAVE TO PICK UP YOUR GOD DAMNED LEGOS WE ARE ALREADY DEALING WITH BILLY! This is the argument of children because it requires somebody to not take accountability for their own actions in order to make it.

Fuck that shit.
You want to think trump is still better than Hillary you go ahead but don't you dare excuse his confessions of sexual assault. OWN THAT SHIT!

This is some next level conspiracy theory level stuff. So you're saying the Republican Party is just a sham and it's all a show to hand the power over to the Dems year after year?

I'm a camgirl that works on a private based site (so I likely see different sides of men than a tease model would). The majority of people I hang out with are male, most of them are red-blooded rock musicians. And NONE of them talk like that. They might make comments like "hot damn, look at that ass" "I'd tap that" and similar, but what Trump said is you can do whatever you want to a woman if you're a star. It's an entirely different implication. He's saying that with enough power you can do whatever you want to women. It's entirely different. If you only focus on the first part of what he said, sure it's locker room talk (beta locker room talk I might add, because most self-secure men wouldn't be bragging about it) but the "grab them by the pussy" bit is entirely different.

Actually, what Trump said was: "When you're a star they let you do it" As in... women like famous men and offer their poon wantonly. What a shocker. If he was talking about abuse he wouldn't say "they let you do it" because he wouldn't be looking at whether she lets him or not. I don't really see the sexual assault angle there but then again, I don't belong to the Religion of the Perpetually Offended.

On the "conspiracy theory"... it is hardly a conspiracy. Both parties have the same donors. The donors interests don't change depending on what party wins. It is the same all over. And their interest happens to be more aligned with the democratic party's ideals. When a democrat wins they don't have much of a problem furthering their agenda. When the republicans win... well... let's say their voters wont be happy cause they wont fight for their voter's interests.

The donors want open borders and globalism because it allows them to ship their production to places like China where labor is dirt cheap and then bring the products to the first world to sell them to us. They want to keep the illegals pouring in because the things they cannot manufacture abroad such as.. say.. construction.. they want to get to keep an underclass of cheap labor in the country that they can hire below minimum wage and offer them no benefits or good working conditions.

The democrat's interests are perfectly aligned with this because all these illegals pouring in have children in America and because of the law that grants people citizenship by being born in american soil those kids get to vote and they vote overwhelmingly for the democratic party who promises tons of gibmedats, racial friction narratives, and a nice religion of victimhood to go with it.

The conservative voter base is opposed to the globalist agenda and the open borders disaster both in values and in practical terms because it will bring the end of the US as we know it. Conservatives will never win an election again if all the illegals that are currently in the country are given amnesty. The only minority that votes republican are cubans. So why, then do the republican establishment push for amnesty when the majority of the voter base is against it? Marco Rubio, Ted Cruz, Paul Ryan, all these guys were pushing amnesty for illegals. Why? Because they have donors. Their job is to fuck their constituency over. Their job is to hand them open borders on a platter. So if they lose to the dems, the donors are happy. If they win, they will have to lose if they want to keep their donors happy by following the democratic agenda anyway. A politician without donors is nobody. This is why the US has been swinging to the left with every election no matter who wins. It is a trend that wont get curbed anytime soon. Even if Trump wins, his 8 years in the White House will only be a parenthesis on this multi-culti open borders party.

Last edited:
Trump: Yeah, that’s her. With the gold. I better use some Tic Tacs just in case I start kissing her. You know, I’m automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything.

Bush: Whatever you want.

Trump: Grab ’em by the pussy. You can do anything.

"I don't even wait"

OWN YOUR SHIT!

Trump: Yeah, that’s her. With the gold. I better use some Tic Tacs just in case I start kissing her. You know, I’m automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything.

Bush: Whatever you want.

Trump: Grab ’em by the pussy. You can do anything.

"I don't even wait"

OWN YOUR SHIT!

As in.. he is eager to kiss them? He can try to kiss them on the spot and still respect their choice if they say "no" I don't see how you reach the conclusion that he is talking about abuse. Considering he didn't just jump out of the bus and landed on the lips of Arianne Zucker I will go out on a limb and say it was banter. But maybe his banter wasn't politically correct enough! How about this:

Donald Trump: "Yes, that is the lady in question. With the golden sash. I better use some Tic Tacs in case I am admiring her intellect from afar and decide to approach her and ask her for her consent for a kiss. I feel very attracted to intellectual born as female persons. I just feel the urge to request their permission for a kiss. I do wait at least two days between the moment they agree and the moment I ask again to kiss them, just to make sure their permission wasn't the product of a whim, alcohol, or poor choices. God knows beautiful intellectual women deserve all the devotion I can give them from below this high pedestal I put them in.

Maybe Trump wont be the life of the party or a leader of men, but at least he will finally be A GOOD PERSON.

Progressives lack a sense of humor, I swear you are worse than the amish.

Last edited:

:haha:

This is pathetic.

I agree. It is really pathetic. It is pathetic to pretend to care about a cause simply because it furthers your political agenda. You don't care about abuses to women, you don't care about rape. You only pretend to care when it is convenient, when it suits the candidate that you favor.

If you did care you would not be defending Hillary Clinton on this thread, a woman who has been married to an alleged rapist and proven abuser of women all her life. A woman who has been accused of threatening and bullying her husbands victims of abuse. You would not defend her disgraceful work as a lawyer blaming a 12 year old rape victim in front of the jury. You only seem to care about rape when Trump's banter is "exposed". The cynicism is stronk with this one.

• Wat?!
Reactions: Crumb
I agree. It is really pathetic. It is pathetic to pretend to care about a cause simply because it furthers your political agenda. You don't care about abuses to women, you don't care about rape. You only pretend to care when it is convenient, when it suits the candidate that you favor.

If you did care you would not be defending Hillary Clinton on this thread, a woman who has been married to an alleged rapist and proven abuser of women all her life. You would not defend her disgraceful work as a lawyer blaming a 12 year old rape victim in front of the jury. The fact that you have the bravado to even call out Trump on that silly comment... the cynicism is stronk with this one.
1. I am knowledgeable about the legal system and defended reality, not Hillary. I would have said the same for any defense attorney including one defending that melted creamsicle in his upcoming rape case. If you had only stated facts and why they disgusted you I wouldn't have even said anything, but you made statements that were not true. You're entitled to your opinion but don't expect to not be corrected when you claim truths that are not in fact true.

You know, you're starting to remind me of a certain rape apologist names Hillary... Maybe I'll just start calling you Hillary.

Here is why the republican party is divided:

So there is a pretty large section of the GOP that never shows up to vote. When someone inspires them and they finally do show up, the media is shocked and calls them "Reagan democrats". I guess they are in a way, because by not showing up to vote, they hand the elections to the democratic candidates. But why show up to vote when you know beforehand that if your candidate wins, he will lose anyway because he is being paid to do so? This section will show up to vote for Trump. Because Trump cannot be controlled by the donors and the establishment, he does not recoil, does not apologize, is galvanizing the young republican vote, and there is trust that he will not be just another cuckservative. This is why they will vote him and this is why the establishment is distancing themselves from Trump since the day he announced his campaign. The establishment doesn't like an outsider to shake up things, they have a cushy job where a

'cuckservative' I was waiting for you to hit that level.
There is a reason Trump supporters don't show to vote and it is the same reason they call a good man like Paul Ryan a pussy-whipped cuckservative, because they aren't Republicans, never have been and they aren't conservative. A large number of deplorable/alt-right Trump supporters really haven't had a party since George Wallace, (a segregationist politician who ran against Nixon). They really should be part of the KKK, but I think they are too lazy to get out of mom's basement and look for sheets, and way too cowardly to actually burn a cross. It's way easier to sit home and create memes and cute words like cuckservative, google for blacks, and skype for jews. The fucking humorous thing, is most of these people don't work and collect fake social security disability checks, while the spew racist shit about white-genocide, and complain about ferneigers on welfare ruining American.

You are right Trump can't be controlled, he said on Frontline that he really hasn't changed since he was 6 years old. He proves that every single day. It is why his dad packed him off to military school at 13. I don't know in what alternate universe having the country run by a six-year-old end well, but Trump supporter seem determined that that we find out. The reason the establishment is distancing themselves from Trump is because he is a disgusting idiot, who knows nothing about anything other than how to manipulate the media and con a group of ignorant people. Being President of the US isn't like a fake TV reality show, actual people live or die based on the President's actions. Having Trump in charge will bring us back to the great old days, that most of you are much too young to remember. Every few years there was a confrontation between the USSR and the USA, and you spent a week wondering is WW III starting tomorrow. As American, I always worried about what would the crazy Russians would do, but now I'll I get to worry about both Crazy Putin and batshit nuts Trump.
What a way of making America great again.

What do you think is going to happen with the GOP (or the "Trump wing" of the party) over the next 5-10 years? It doesn't seem like the business/"Main Street" wing of the party can coexist with the Trump wing.

Honestly, it has sucked to be in a party with a bunch, racist, xenophobic, misogynistic pigs. Up until this election cycle, I thought it was only a few percent, but a lot of elections in this country are decided by a few percent. I'm embarrassed that Republican politicians didn't call them out for spreading their lies about Obama is a Muslim, not born in the US etc. But they had to get elected, I didn't.

It turns out there are a lot more racists in the country than I thought, frankly I hate being on the same planet as them, but no fucking way I'm staying in the same party with them.
So you are seeing the start of a civil war in the Republican party. Trump supporters like Kitsune have more guns and memes, Business Republican like myself, we have more money. When in doubt follow the money, but we shall see.

Last edited:
'cuckservative' I was waiting for you to hit that level.
There is a reason Trump supporters don't show to vote and it is the same reason they call a good man like Paul Ryan a pussy-whipped cuckservative, because they aren't Republicans, never have been and they aren't conservative. A large number of deplorable/alt-right Trump supporters really haven't had a party since George Wallace, (a segregationist politician who ran against Nixon). They really should be part of the KKK, but I think they are too lazy to get out of mom's basement and look for sheets, and way too cowardly to actually burn a cross. It's way easier to sit home and create memes and cute words like cuckservative, google for blacks, and skype for jews. The fucking humorous thing, is most of these people don't work and collect fake social security disability checks, while the spew racist shit about white-genocide, and complain about ferneigers on welfare ruining American.

You are right Trump can't be controlled, he said on Frontline that he really hasn't changed since he was 6 years old. He proves that every single day. It is why his dad packed him off to military school at 13. I don't know in what alternate universe having the country run by a six-year-old end well, but Trump supporter seem determined that that we find out. The reason the establishment is distancing themselves from Trump is because he is a disgusting idiot, who knows nothing about anything other than how to manipulate the media and con a group of ignorant people. Being President of the US isn't like a fake TV reality show, actual people live or die based on the President's actions. Having Trump in charge will bring us back to the great old days, that most of you are much too young to remember. Every few years there was a confrontation between the USSR and the USA, and you spent a week wondering is WW III starting tomorrow. As American, I always worried about what would the crazy Russians would do, but now I'll I get to worry about both Crazy Putin and batshit nuts Trump.
What a way of making America great again.

Honestly, it has sucked to be in a party with a bunch, racist, xenophobic, misogynistic pigs. Up until this election cycle, I thought it was only a few percent, but a lot of elections in this country are decided by a few percent. I'm embarrassed that Republican politicians didn't call them out for spreading their lies about Obama is a Muslim, not born in the US etc. But they had to get elected, I didn't.

It turns out there are a lot more racists in the country than I thought, frankly I hate being on the same planet as them, but no fucking way I'm staying in the same party with them.
So you are seeing the start of a civil war in the Republican party. Trump supporters like Kitsune have more guns and memes, Business Republican like myself, we have more money. When in doubt follow the money, but we shall see.
This post makes me want to hug you and cry a lil bit.
Thank you for being an ambassador for the great party of Lincoln, for not following the weird path the sheep have run the last batch of years and for standing by what's right. As a Liberal republican (I really can't even claim republican anymore, shit gotten so skewed) hanging with the Democrats for moral humanitarian reasons, I would love to see the collapse of the right wing repubs allow for the liberal republicans to come back into existence and get this party system back on track for real policy and the protection of the constitution and ALL it's amendments with common sense, not just the ones that make our winkies tingle.

This post makes me want to hug you and cry a lil bit.
Thank you for being an ambassador for the great party of Lincoln, for not following the weird path the sheep have run the last batch of years and for standing by what's right. As a Liberal republican (I really can't even claim republican anymore, shit gotten so skewed) hanging with the Democrats for moral humanitarian reasons, I would love to see the collapse of the right wing repubs allow for the liberal republicans to come back into existence and get this party system back on track for real policy and the protection of the constitution and ALL it's amendments with common sense, not just the ones that make our winkies tingle.

Wow somebody who actually cares about the whole constitution. At times, I thought only immigrants Gold Stars father cared. That is a reason for celebration.
Of course, I want to hug you back, but thanks to Donald Fucking Trump, now I have to think about how to say that in non-creepy way.

Wow somebody who actually cares about the whole constitution. At times, I thought only immigrants Gold Stars father cared. That is a reason for celebration.
Of course, I want to hug you back, but thanks to Donald Fucking Trump, now I have to think about how to say that in non-creepy way.
It's very hard to get a clear picture and understanding of our rights as citizens without understanding each part and how those parts impact each other and work together to build a complete picture and system. Because the wording is incomplete and pretty vague on many aspects (second amendment for example) it actually REQUIRES understanding of the rest to make sense of it and learn to work it into society at every turn.

It also takes an ability to not be selfish, which as we all know humans have a hard time with haha.

No matter how this election plays out, one thing is for certain. That 90 mph loop Kellyanne Conway's mouth is stuck in needs to stop.

• Funny!
Reactions: Osmia

I don't agree with this woman, but I understand where she is coming from. How strongly she feels about abortion, how morals don't matter because of Slick Willy, etc...

Also had an interesting discussion with a Trump supporter in a store today. He expressed much of the same anger, went off venting to me, rattling off every "sin" the Clintons and Obama have committed. Lot of it was slanted, inaccurate bullshit, but he doesn't know that. He honestly doesn't believe Obama is American.

The Republican party may have tried to profit from the Southern Strategy, willing to accept racism in a bid for power. They definitely have had quite a run with the Nutjob Strategy, embracing and encouraging religious extremism and anti-government rhetoric. Liberty for their base does not mean freedom; it means freedom for them to control others. They are afraid.

I believe Hillary has made a huge blunder by running. She is not fit to lead imo, if for no other reason than she is such a polarizing figure. Even if she wins, it is going to cause more extremism. I really wish she would set ambition aside and step down for the good of the country (assuming she even gives a shit about that). I think that would probably take 90% of the wind out of the Trump sails.

. . . .Also had an interesting discussion with a Trump supporter in a store today. He expressed much of the same anger, went off venting to me, rattling off every "sin" the Clintons and Obama have committed. Lot of it was slanted, inaccurate bullshit, but he doesn't know that. He honestly doesn't believe Obama is American.

The Republican party may have tried to profit from the Southern Strategy, willing to accept racism in a bid for power. They definitely have had quite a run with the Nutjob Strategy, embracing and encouraging religious extremism and anti-government rhetoric. Liberty for their base does not mean freedom; it means freedom for them to control others. They are afraid.

I never fail to be amazed at the fixation these people have on the real and/or imagined peccadilloes of the far-right boogeymen du jour. The Clintons, I can sort of understand; there is some substance there, a long history to mine. Obama, I don't get. He's led the most scandal-free administration in memory, he has what appears to be a ideal family, has no vices other than the occasional cigarette (though, I think he quit years ago), and his popularity is near 60%. However, Obama has three strikes against him from the Trump-supporters' perspective: (1) He's black, (2) He has a foreign, vaguely Muslim-sounding name, and (3) most importantly, he's an unapologetic member of the urban knowledge-based meritocracy, and thus is the most prominent example of the class of Americans who are succeeding in American society, while Trump's supporters are being left behind (or they feel they are).

All of the energy and time they spend on demonizing certain politicians could instead be spent on constructive political activities such as organizing, education/public awareness of the issues they say they care about, stop allowing stupid people saying stupid shit on national TV, and in general trying to work within the system as much as possible so that the change they desire can be accomplished. That's why I believe that Trump may have been good for consciousness raising in the presidential campaign, but he would be extremely counterproductive as a voice/leader of that movement going forward.

I believe Hillary has made a huge blunder by running. She is not fit to lead imo, if for no other reason than she is such a polarizing figure. Even if she wins, it is going to cause more extremism. I really wish she would set ambition aside and step down for the good of the country (assuming she even gives a shit about that). I think that would probably take 90% of the wind out of the Trump sails.

Maybe if it was two years ago, but it's much too late now. I support Clinton as the better choice, but I wish there had been other choices. She's too old (as is Trump)--not in the sense of being too slow are tired for the job, but we need someone with more non-traditional and innovative ideas. She barely knows how to use email, FFS.

Maybe if it was two years ago, but it's much too late now. I support Clinton as the better choice, but I wish there had been other choices. She's too old (as is Trump)--not in the sense of being too slow are tired for the job, but we need someone with more non-traditional and innovative ideas.
Oh yeah, it would never happen. Just a pipe dream, that somebody would step up and do the right thing instead of continuing to try and win this non-stop election cycle we have devolved into.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-russian-trump-idUSKCN12C28Q

This is the sort of thing that makes me want to vote for Hillary.

it's good to be the king...
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-miss-teen-usa_us_57fe2cd3e4b0d505a46b1725

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.