AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Who is this camgirl? Can you Identify this girl? Threads...

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Yea, which is why I need and would appreciate some reality slaps from the Ladies who know better than me...

This page covers most of what I would've said: https://www.camgirlwiki.com/wiki/Camming_and_Confidentiality

As for a reality slap, it's common sense for everyone on the internet to be safe with their identity but when you add in nudity/sex, money, and increased visibility, it makes extra sense. It's not just camgirls -- popular YouTubers, Twitch streamers, and other people who are widely visible take similar precautions because you never know who's watching them.

Even regular folks on the internet get threatened and harassed; I once had a dude follow my personal social media account and discern when my classes were and what I was taking. With that info he was able to figure out which classroom I was in and show up there after I'd already told him I didn't want to go out with him.

There is no harm that comes from being protective of your personal info but there's a lot of risk in being reckless with it. No Amazon present is worth having a creeper show up on your doorstep, imo. And I'd rather avoid the situation than have to shank a bitch.

Beyond that I'd just say if the vast majority of experienced cam girls say it matters, id just trust that they know what they're saying and err on the side of caution. It's your choice obviously but you are not invincible, not all people are good, and the risk to reward ratio is skewed heavily against sharing personal info with strangers.

Another useful read: https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/threads/reality-check.1123/

You may not have had malicious intent, but taking the time and making the effort to find someone's Facebook account is most definitely a red flag.

Please understand that, learn from the replies about it, and use that knowledge in the future in order to not come across "creepy".

You would be near scandalized the number of times that Facebook has directed me to the real-life profiles of cam-models under the "Do you Know This Person" suggested friends tab

Like off the top of my head, CheshireKitCat, comes to mind

You would be near scandalized the number of times that Facebook has directed me to the real-life profiles of cam-models under the "Do you Know This Person" suggested friends tab

Like off the top of my head, CheshireKitCat, comes to mind

This is why I don't use facebook anymore. When I used to, I would get nosy and search for my some of my regulars.* I was merely curious what they were like in the 'real world.' Like, do they post a bunch of political stuff or cat videos? But usually I either couldn't find them or their accounts would be locked down. However, when you search for someone or click their profile, they will start to show in your recommended list. Which means that you also show in theirs! So after searching for Harry Johnson (fictitious but awesome member name), his avatar would be in the suggested tab. And MY avatar would be in his. So essentially, you're outing yourself.

This is a big deal. Either A) don't use facebook, or B) have a fake name, fake profile/cover pics, and LOCK EVERYTHING DOWN. Facebook is probably one of the number one ways that models' information gets found/outed.

*I'm not ashamed of my curiousity. Hell, in my room, we joke that I've got stalker files on each of them. It's only human to be curious. What changes it is when your intent turns evil. Trying to hurt someone for your own gain, for instance. Besides, if I have something that's a security risk (like a public facebook or name/address/etc on a website), I'd rather have a regular that I know well tell me about it privately instead of some random running across it. Better the devil you know than the devil you don't, Lesser of two evils, and all that.

I am aware of the risks of having my image out there for people to try and find me but If a guy happens to like my from a pic or video i expect them to do there own damn research to find me, It would bother me if another camgirl was like "yeah ive seen her shes on this site at this time." dont just hand the possible stalker or creep or tipper or anyone any info an another model that hasnt told you it was ok. Its an unnecessary risk to several aspects of separating and concealing my cam life and my self. also IF a person has a pic or vid of me and doesnt know me i can almost guarantee they didnt obtain them with my permission so all around its kind of shitty to point them to where i work.

When it comes to these types of threads, and any others that seem extremely fixated on one cam model, we should be replying with links such as this.

Beauty of the type that models express is for the most part illusion; even for the prettiest of women. If you can't see beyond that veil; you continue to be strongly affected by it, then your fixation is unhealthy.

Facebook is probably one of the number one ways that models' information gets found/outed.

has there ever been a thread on that? I mean, I know everyone is paranoid and scared, but what's the worst that has ever happened? (first-person accounts or news reports, not hear-say)

the question is of particular interest to me because it really wouldn't be too hard to find me, but I'm not sure how much I should really care, either.

• Wat?!
Reactions: EspiKvlt
has there ever been a thread on that? I mean, I know everyone is paranoid and scared, but what's the worst that has ever happened? (first-person accounts or news reports, not hear-say)

the question is of particular interest to me because it really wouldn't be too hard to find me, but I'm not sure how much I should really care, either.
I got suggested member's personal accounts that I also had added on snapchat, so it's not safe for members either. This was a couple years back though, I deleted FB and never looked back. I've heard it's gotten worse.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Picnic
I've never seen a girl in a video and if she isn't credited, thought "I must find her!"

That's kind of a weird instant "bond" to have

But maybe I'm the weird one.. what about you guys? have you ever seen an unnamed girl in a video and been compelled to find her.

not in a video, but I did trawl through tumblr for about a year, and sometimes I'd see someone and either wonder 'is she a model?' or go 'oh hey I've seen a pic of her before, she must be a model, I wonder if her other pics are this lovely', and google reverse search for her. (which works for models with jpegs, not so much for cams obviously.

I do the same with bands, I hear one song that blows me away and I go 'oh my god, I have to get their discography, even if they only have one other song I love this much it'll be worth it, and who knows maybe there's a better one, because why would coincidence have it that I just happen to hear the one song that suits my tastes the best?' - I've actually always been staggered by people who are like 'oh, naa I only know this one song'. But maybe it's because I'm picky, whereas they can be happy with almost anything they hear, so they needn't put any effort in.

has there ever been a thread on that? I mean, I know everyone is paranoid and scared, but what's the worst that has ever happened?

I'm currently stuck trying to deal with a dark knight, butt-hurt asshole who has claimed he's posted a friend's information and that of her parents on Reddit.
I have no idea how to confirm whether he's telling the truth, but also no idea what to do if he's not lying.

This issue started because he was promising to give out her Facebook information, address and that of her parents in exchange for her most recent b/g vids.
I had to come off the wall and tell her somebody was offering her info for videos, because of the threat to her safety

I'm currently stuck trying to deal with a dark knight, butt-hurt asshole who has claimed he's posted a friend's information and that of her parents on Reddit.
I have no idea how to confirm whether he's telling the truth, but also no idea what to do if he's not lying.

would be keen to know how it pans out. when you find out whether or not he's bluffing.
I'll send you a PM.

• Wat?!
Reactions: yummybrownfox
would be keen to know how it pans out. when you find out whether or not he's bluffing.
I'll send you a PM.

1) Finding out that "it panned out," was truthful, and the guy's not bluffing, is not a good thing. That means you'd get confirmation that a cam model's personal info is currently residing on a subreddit which you could probably track down.

2) Even if the guy is lying, knowing the intimate details of this situation is literally none of your business. Even in PM.

@jujoji While this situation is scary, you did the right thing in letting her know someone is threatening her safety. I'm sorry you ended up involved in an uncomfortable scenario.

2) Even if the guy is lying, knowing the intimate details of this situation is literally none of your business. Even in PM.

I don't care about her details, I just wanted to spitball solutions.

This issue started because he was promising to give out her Facebook information, address and that of her parents in exchange for her most recent b/g vids.
I had to come off the wall and tell her somebody was offering her info for videos, because of the threat to her safety

Can you screencap the member's bragging? Or tell her his username? She's gonna need that information. Also, have HER go to reddit and search for it. She will know what real life names/places to search to see if it's there. If it is, she can have MFC submit a DMCA for her. And that way, her info stays unknown as much as possible, and you will have done the right thing, Jujoji.

joke are not exist in motherland. only potato and darkness.

I'm not the kind of guy that goes looking for a model I've seen on some video website , but I can understand that some guys see a girl and are instantly infatuated . As long as he's only asking for the camsite where she works , and not personal information , I can't see a problem . It is then up to the girl in question if she trusts him enough , what personal information she is willing to share .

My cam model friend pm'ed me a copy of some harassment she recieved from a CB member, he got very nasty lots of name calling and threatened to send models to her room and Screencap her, neither of us knew what that meant?
Can someone explain it?
I'm her mod and he accused me also to her of doing all sort of stuff against him in other rooms like blocking him for tipping girls I like, what a nut job, i only mod 1 model and I've never seen or heard of him till last night when he sent 2 1token tips and left, how could I have banned or blocked him.
mikedrums21 is his user name, lowlife loser troll!

This is why I don't use facebook anymore. When I used to, I would get nosy and search for my some of my regulars.* I was merely curious what they were like in the 'real world.' Like, do they post a bunch of political stuff or cat videos? But usually I either couldn't find them or their accounts would be locked down. However, when you search for someone or click their profile, they will start to show in your recommended list. Which means that you also show in theirs! So after searching for Harry Johnson (fictitious but awesome member name), his avatar would be in the suggested tab. And MY avatar would be in his. So essentially, you're outing yourself.

This is a big deal. Either A) don't use facebook, or B) have a fake name, fake profile/cover pics, and LOCK EVERYTHING DOWN. Facebook is probably one of the number one ways that models' information gets found/outed.

*I'm not ashamed of my curiousity. Hell, in my room, we joke that I've got stalker files on each of them. It's only human to be curious. What changes it is when your intent turns evil. Trying to hurt someone for your own gain, for instance. Besides, if I have something that's a security risk (like a public facebook or name/address/etc on a website), I'd rather have a regular that I know well tell me about it privately instead of some random running across it. Better the devil you know than the devil you don't, Lesser of two evils, and all that.

Well said. It's amazing how so much information is so easily available via the web. What's scary is that so few don't think about what they post. I've had female friends use different identities on FB and other places and they get stalkers coming out of the woodwork... One of the stalkers I knew before he went full on creepy stalker mode on a good friend of mine. When I found out what happened, he and I had a little talk. I tried to subtly drop the hint, and he wouldn't get it. So, I had to be blunt with him about the situation and he still didn't get the warnings. He wound up moving out of state shortly afterwards as other friends started getting on his case as well.

Like you said, Iris, there's a natural tendency to be curious about people. But, it's when it goes beyond a point is where it gets weird. I'm happy to know models, etc in the capacity that I do. But, I don't want to know beyond that if it doesn't come up in conversation about personal life (For example, I was invited to a Pro Athlete's residence for a workout training session. I was an amateur competitor at the time). If I do get to know them personally, it's all strictly confidential as I don't want to lose their trust or accidently cause them harm.

So, has there ever been a "Who is this camgirl?" thread that was not one of these:

1. Freeloader finds camgirl on some shit tubesite with stolen clips/pictures
2. Someone has stalkery/creepy reasons to find a girl

???

I'm new so I hope it's ok to post here a customer of mine found out my personal info and spammed my cam room with it because I banned him the guy obviously had some issues. I wouldn't want to bring that on a cam girl also just because all of us live with the possibility of our jobs getting out or the inevitability of it doesn't mean that I want to speed up the process. Just my opinion :)

• Hugs