AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Why do members insist on being your room helper and giving advice?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm disappointed that MFC even instituted the room helper thing. I feel like they're above that. Unless a girl has one of the rooms with thousands of people, I don't see the point. And, if a girl has thousands of people in her room, she likely got there by running it efficiently on her own.

I'm disappointed that MFC even instituted the room helper thing. I feel like they're above that.
I imagine soooo many people pester them constantly to add features that CB has that they decided to just bite the bullet.

Fortunately, I don't think it is quite as big of a deal on MFC as it is on CB. It seems like on CB, every room has multiple mods and there are huge bragging rights that go with it. It's a huge focus. It's a little more subtle on MFC because there's a much grander-scale community vibe there that's been established for many years before CB crept up in the game. The only thing CB has to cling to is their apps/bots and room helpers, IMO.

The only thing CB has to cling to is their apps/bots and room helpers, IMO.

And sadly one more thing needs to be added to that list. Resolution. Their HD cam streams beat MFC hands down. I've seen it where you could take a screen shot on chaturbate and zoom it in to count the ladies eyelashes.

Resolution is the huge freaking elephant in the room MFC needs to address but sadly are ignoring.

And sadly one more thing needs to be added to that list. Resolution. Their HD cam streams beat MFC hands down. I've seen it where you could take a screen shot on chaturbate and zoom it in to count the ladies eyelashes.

Resolution is the huge freaking elephant in the room MFC needs to address but sadly are ignoring.

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :wait: I could be ugly in high resolution. :giggle:

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :wait: I could be ugly in high resolution. :giggle:
Me too! My camera is HD and my friend gave it to me as a gift for camming.. then one of those stupid members who never tips tells my that my camera is not HD and I'm like -"dude! my camera says right there HD" LOL! :snaphappy:

Reactions: Booty_4U

I dunno. I mean, I know many people agree with you.

But I sort of like how MFC not having extreme HD puts girls on a more even playing field. We all know that having a decent web cam and mic and lighting are important. But the fact that you don't *have* to have a perfect crystal clear HD setup to succeed there is welcoming to girls who either don't have the means to or prefer not to.

Take Streamate, for example. There's quite an elaborate setup you have to run your HD cam through to be placed high on their site, and if you don't, not only are you lower on the page rankings, but you're put in stark comparison with those that do. It's sort of a given that you'll be less successful if you don't go high HD there.

And while I do realize that CB is a huge competitor for MFC, I don't necessarily think that not having full HD is hurting them as much as some might believe. I do think it will get an upgrade of some sort at some point, but I don't think them not racing to change it right now is them "ignoring it". It's obviously something that will take a pretty big overhaul, and when it's launched, could put off a ton of their loyal models who don't want to utilize it. So in the mean time, they make tiny little updates here and there to appease people. (And get criticized no matter what, so let's not fool ourselves thinking they'll ever be able to do 100% right by anyone. Even members who happily spend thousands of tokens a day, and girls who are making hundreds of thousands off of MFC still jump at the chance to bitch about their feature updates while still willfully utilizing the site. But I digress. )

Take Streamate, for example. There's quite an elaborate setup you have to run your HD cam through to be placed high on their site, and if you don't, not only are you lower on the page rankings, but you're put in stark comparison with those that do. It's sort of a given that you'll be less successful if you don't go high HD there.

Honestly, it makes sense for SM though. Unlike MFC and CB, SM is more of a revolving door of paid chats, where members don't just hang out. Guys who don't want to have to wait for a countdown or beat around the bush about a fetish just sorta pop in, go to paid chat, and leave. When I was on MFC I rolled my eyes when guys would talk about the quality, but on a site where you're paying per minute versus a free chat countdown, I can see why they'd want to promote optimal quality of cams there.

Thankfully they've recently been better about the crazy setup. For a long time I refused to even use the encoder. I had a decent enough placement anyway. When they made the easier version, I went ahead and downloaded it. It's pretty much just an extra button to click...no biggie for me at least and I'm more than happy with the better cam quality landing me higher up on the homepage. Other factors are included in placement too though such as ratings and time online. They also have a page in the model's dashboard which allows her to easily monitor if Bitrate/FPS/Round Trip Time or anything else related to placement.

Regarding CM vs MFC's resolution. I wonder if it's really that big a difference. I've noticed very little difference if you compare the same model on both. Granted, this image isn't a simulcast, but all other conditions are the same. Look the same to me.

MFC vs CB.jpg

• Helpful!
Reactions: AmberCutie
I don't think guys fapping really care about screen resolution. At least as long as the model doesn't look like (the late) Abe Vigoda.
And ultimately, which was a huge point of mine, guys who are looking for a fun room to hang out in for hours at a time may care more about the environment than having a pixel-perfect HD cam stream.

Different audiences/customer bases look for different things. I feel like MFC isn't necessarily focusing on the guys who want to spend all their time in a perfectly rendered visual world, and are focusing more on the chatty fun community environment.

I can't see a difference either. I've been told I look better on Streamate than MFC, but I don't see it. I felt prettier on MFC, but that might have been all the drinking I did over there. I don't think I want to see everything that clearly. Part of the fantasy is that everything looks a little nicer than in real life to me. Is that just a girl thing? Would dudes really prefer to see every dimple and imperfection? No thank you. Hehehe.

I watched a successful model who was submissive, allow a room helper to use his privileges to "control" the show, changing the room topic and making little, playful tweaks. It was actually fun to watch and at least once she did ask him to change something she wasn't comfortable with and he quickly obliged. He was also tipping generously and consistently, keeping the show going. So, I think there are fun things you can do with that.

This member I had talked to a few times, who was also a dom and who has never tipped me offered to be my roomhelper when it was dead slow and called the other two premiums in the chat "freeloaders" wanting to ban them. I was like, am I missing something? You haven't tipped either and your failed attempt at a group chat didn't benefit me in anyway.

I feel like finding a good room helper would be like finding the ultimate personal assistant. Tons of people would love the job, but most wouldn't live up to the expectations or needs of the employer/model. It's more one of those situations that seems dreamy until you start dealing with it.

I always find room helper dudes annoying. Most remind me of hall monitors and those kids growing up who sucked up to teachers and other adults.
I wasn't sucking up... I was just a straight arrow nerd... I liked talking to adults... :(

Regarding CM vs MFC's resolution. I wonder if it's really that big a difference. I've noticed very little difference if you compare the same model on both. Granted, this image isn't a simulcast, but all other conditions are the same. Look the same to me.

View attachment 61817
I just found a model who was broadcasting on MFC and CB at the same time. I put the cams side by side and made sure the video windows were the same size. While CB was better, MFC was remarkably close. When I did something similar maybe a year ago CB was significantly better. So it seems MFC has upped their game!!! and in my opinion the slight difference wouldn't effect my enjoyment in the slightest.

I just found a model who was broadcasting on MFC and CB at the same time. I put the cams side by side and made sure the video windows were the same size. While CB was better, MFC was remarkably close. When I did something similar maybe a year ago CB was significantly better. So it seems MFC has upped their game!!! and in my opinion the slight difference wouldn't effect my enjoyment in the slightest.
Was it me? Lol. I saw a shylurker in my room last night.I was trying to see the difference last night as well.If it wasn't me... oops! hehe.

I did it this morning just before I posted here, it wasn't you Ellie lol. I do have a basic acct on MFC with this name but only use it when I'm broke and just want to room surf a little or if while I'm working. I did it from my other acct this morning :blush:

I did it this morning just before I posted here, it wasn't you Ellie lol. I do have a basic acct on MFC with this name but only use it when I'm broke and just want to room surf a little or if while I'm working. I did it from my other acct this morning :blush:

Ah ok. And now that I think about it, I think his name was shydude or shyguy lol!

I honestly didn't notice much of a difference in my cams last night either

• Hugs
Reactions: shylurkerdude
I can def see the CB cap is sharper and higher resolution but I have movie making dork eye balls that most people don't have. The difference is obvious to me, but mikeys comment is probably more realistic. She's making a weird face in the CB cap so automatically the attractive seeking eyes are going to gravitate towards the MFC cap, despite resolution because it's not a big enough difference and she looks hotter there.

Im bringing a different perspective, which was my first intial thoughts after reading the topic. Im not a cam model, I dont tip to see cam shows (never plan to), and its actually pretty rare that I even strike up conversation with anyone. I guess Im more in the rooms out of curiosity... that has lasted years.

I feel that the people who want to be mods (thats what theyre called on chaturbate, Im not too familiar with the other sites) are reaching out more for a connection with the cam model. They want to feel like they are helping her and are creating a friendship. They also like the idea of having authority over the other members in the chat.

I know you probably get a lot of experience with a lot of sexually frustrated people who do come off way too aggressive. Sometimes I wonder if thats our own minds basing that off of past experiences. Its hard sometimes to determine the tone and mood by text. Im not saying there are not assholes out there... Im sure there are a good amount of trolls just like any other online community. I would assume a lot of them dont mean any real offense, initially, and are simply socially retarded.

Im bringing a different perspective, which was my first intial thoughts after reading the topic. Im not a cam model, I dont tip to see cam shows (never plan to), and its actually pretty rare that I even strike up conversation with anyone. I guess Im more in the rooms out of curiosity... that has lasted years.

I feel that the people who want to be mods (thats what theyre called on chaturbate, Im not too familiar with the other sites) are reaching out more for a connection with the cam model. They want to feel like they are helping her and are creating a friendship. They also like the idea of having authority over the other members in the chat.

I know you probably get a lot of experience with a lot of sexually frustrated people who do come off way too aggressive. Sometimes I wonder if thats our own minds basing that off of past experiences. Its hard sometimes to determine the tone and mood by text. Im not saying there are not assholes out there... Im sure there are a good amount of trolls just like any other online community. I would assume a lot of them dont mean any real offense, initially, and are simply socially retarded.

Yeah, sadly there's no shortage of assholes or trolls.

Or freeloaders.

So I have to ask, and forgive me if I seem aggressive, you seem like an intelligent being. You say you don't tip and you have no plans to, how do you think that's going to go over on a forum run by and for models?

I can def see the CB cap is sharper and higher resolution but I have movie making dork eye balls that most people don't have. The difference is obvious to me, but mikeys comment is probably more realistic. She's making a weird face in the CB cap so automatically the attractive seeking eyes are going to gravitate towards the MFC cap, despite resolution because it's not a big enough difference and she looks hotter there.

I have dork eyes and I'm a total snob but only when it comes to film vs digital photography.

The CB one does look sharper but a bit washed because the whites are too white to me-- although the MFC one's exposure is off too with the white's being a bit more grey. You are also right, most users don't care about which one looks the absolute best in nerd terms-- similar to like when you go to photography forums and the dorks are all doing 100% crop tests which really has no bearing on the final product.

I think that the only issue when it comes to quality is when there's isn't enough light, when there's too much pixelation because of lack of light or a cheap camera, and when there's lag. Oh the only other issue is when the colors are extremely off.

I have dork eyes and I'm a total snob but only when it comes to film vs digital photography.

The CB one does look sharper but a bit washed because the whites are too white to me-- although the MFC one's exposure is off too with the white's being a bit more grey. You are also right, most users don't care about which one looks the absolute best in nerd terms-- similar to like when you go to photography forums and the dorks are all doing 100% crop tests which really has no bearing on the final product.

I think that the only issue when it comes to quality is when there's isn't enough light, when there's too much pixelation because of lack of light or a cheap camera, and when there's lag. Oh the only other issue is when the colors are extremely off.
The exposure issue however is almost 100% in the models control. That's usually an issue with the cam settings that we have set. The only real difference the cam site itself can affect is the resolution, not exposure/whitebalance/what have you. She probably just had her settings slightly different that day or set to auto so they are constantly adjusting.

So I have to ask, and forgive me if I seem aggressive, you seem like an intelligent being. You say you don't tip and you have no plans to, how do you think that's going to go over on a forum run by and for models?

To be honest, I wouldnt assume they would be offended by it. I only stated it to express my position in this scenario. That Im kind of a neutral person in the entire thing. If someone came to my store and said they are just browsing, I wouldnt be offended. Or if someone just wanted a water at a bar or restaurant.

Now Im kinda curious on how many cam models would take my statement in a negative light though. Not that I would give any weight to their opinions... but I am curious.

To be honest, I wouldnt assume they would be offended by it. I only stated it to express my position in this scenario. That Im kind of a neutral person in the entire thing. If someone came to my store and said they are just browsing, I wouldnt be offended. Or if someone just wanted a water at a bar or restaurant.

Now Im kinda curious on how many cam models would take my statement in a negative light though. Not that I would give any weight to their opinions... but I am curious.
Curious... why do you have a Chaturbate profile?

Reactions: Nordling
[QUOTE="Gavin71, post: 726832, member: 27256" Yeah, sadly there's no shortage of assholes or trolls.

Or freeloaders.[/QUOTE]

I assume the freeloader comment is targetted towards me? Trust me, Im not orgasming to any cam models. I guess I didnt stress enough that I go out of curiosity. Camming isnt intimate enough for me to consider it a sexual turn on but I like to observe the human interactions there. Im a tech nerd with a passion for human nature. So obviously sex and the internet is going to spark an interest of mine.

• Wat?!
Reactions: SaffronBurke
Status
Not open for further replies.