AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Why do members insist on being your room helper and giving advice?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Curious... why do you have a Chaturbate profile?

dunno... i saw the option of applying one... so I did it. Figured its more foundation to prove Im not a bot or something. I just found and joined this site last night so Im kinda new to how things run around here.

I assume the freeloader comment is targetted towards me? Trust me, Im not orgasming to any cam models. I guess I didnt stress enough that I go out of curiosity. Camming isnt intimate enough for me to consider it a sexual turn on but I like to observe the human interactions there. Im a tech nerd with a passion for human nature. So obviously sex and the internet is going to spark an interest of mine.

Yes it was, well spotted.

First up, I have a penis too, and you'll forgive me for being just a little bit sceptical of someone who's been watching online sex work for years and claims to receive absolutely no sexual gratification from it - but that's neither here nor there anyway, it doesn't much matter whether the interest or entertainment value you get from it is sexual or anything else, it's still something you're getting entirely thanks to the efforts of other people. And the 'browsing in a shop' analogy doesn't work at all, because it's a show - to browse a show for any period of time is a concept indistinguishable from actually watching it.

Do what you like, of course, all of us here are aware that guests and lurkers outnumber tipping members and that's the way it is. But don't kid yourself about what you're doing. And as @swagger observed, on a site run by and for women who perform these shows, and who in turn rely on other people to be willing to pay something to make them happen, you're unlikely to get a positive reaction for cheerfully admitting you've been contributing nothing to them for all this time.

Yes it was, well spotted.

First up, I have a penis too, and you'll forgive me for being just a little bit sceptical of someone who's been watching online sex work for years and claims to receive absolutely no sexual gratification from it - but that's neither here nor there anyway, it doesn't much matter whether the interest or entertainment value you get from it is sexual or anything else, it's still something you're getting entirely thanks to the efforts of other people. And the 'browsing in a shop' analogy doesn't work at all, because it's a show - to browse a show for any period of time is a concept indistinguishable from actually watching it.

Do what you like, of course, all of us here are aware that guests and lurkers outnumber tipping members and that's the way it is. But don't kid yourself about what you're doing. And as @swagger observed, on a site run by and for women who perform these shows, and who in turn rely on other people to be willing to pay something to make them happen, you're unlikely to get a positive reaction for cheerfully admitting you've been contributing nothing to them for all this time.

In my defense, nothing I said was meant to get anyones approval. That doesnt concern me. If someone is upset that I dont deem the entertainment worthy of giving them money... it still doesnt concern me.

Ill use a different analogy... because I view a street performer, I am not obligated to tip them nor do I feel they should be upset at doing a public performance and expect every onlooker to pay them.

Does this really have to grow into a big deal? Its simply how the entire environment works. If my words are taken less seriously because I dont contribute to their business then I'll just have to accept that but I am thankful to those who can look pass being offended by me simply stated my position in this scenario and comprehend my original point.

• Wat?!
Reactions: Vicki
Does this really have to grow into a big deal? Its simply how the entire environment works. If my words are taken less seriously because I dont contribute to their business then I'll just have to accept that but I am thankful to those who can look pass being offended by me simply stated my position in this scenario and comprehend my original point.

Comprehension isn't the issue one bit here. We all understand loud and clear that you intend to freeload indefinitely.

Comprehension isn't the issue one bit here. We all understand loud and clear that you intend to freeload indefinitely.

lol holy shit... ok. whatever. i intend to freeload. get over it.

the point of my entire message is was a different insight on people wanting to be mods... lol.

Does this really have to grow into a big deal? Its simply how the entire environment works. If my words are taken less seriously because I dont contribute to their business then I'll just have to accept that but I am thankful to those who can look pass being offended
I don't believe many us will be offended, but you're right, your words will likely be taken less seriously as someone who decides to share opinions on a community he does not actually participate in.

lol holy shit... ok. whatever. i intend to freeload. get over it.

the point of my entire message is was a different insight on people wanting to be mods... lol.

And (..."lol") what seems to be escaping you is that your opinion is worth next to nothing to models, whose livelihood and community you seem to have no intention of ever participating in. Your tokenless POV is pretty much moot.

I don't believe many us will be offended, but you're right, your words will likely be taken less seriously as someone who decides to share opinions on a community he does not actually participate in.

yeah and I accept that. I feel I have a passive role in this community but I do feel what I know of the community is still valid. Its a little disappointing that there has been so much focus on this sentence and the original point of the message has been completely lost. I feel this conversation would have been a lot more insightful if someone disagreed with my opinion instead of focusing on trying to give me some sort of title to be grouped within.

In all reality the only difference between a paying person and me is that the person gets private one on one time. The things learned through observation still stands. Which was my original point... something that I had observed.

And (..."lol") what seems to be escaping you is that your opinion is worth next to nothing to models, whose livelihood and community you seem to have no intention of ever participating in. Your tokenless POV is pretty much moot.

And as I have stated before... I am ok with that. If someone wants to give no weight to my words.. I am ok with that.
Doesnt mean that what I say doesnt have truth to it... it just means that some people will choose not to pay any attention to it. Whatever, its their lost. I feel there is something to learn in all point of views and perspectives. If you disagree... "I am ok with that."

I'm neither offended nor upset, @laka, in case of any doubt.

Ok, I appreciate that. I really was only trying to state that I am neutral member of this community. Just a bystander, onlooker, observing the interactions and learning from them.

I understand why some people would get upset and think my words meant some sort of degradation but that wasnt the goal.

In all reality, my role in the community is just learning from it and assisting my friend who is a new cam girl. I actually am a mod for her, although I never asked for it, and I create graphics, update the profile for her, give her ideas on how she can get more people interested, and basically just join the chat because it makes her more comfortable and she says my conversation with her and the other people makes it more fun for her. Basically, half the things that OP seems to not like when it comes from strangers lol. So I guess technically I do have a more proactive role in the community (even if it is only to my friend) but I was too busy trying to defend myself to really express it.

Ok, I appreciate that. I really was only trying to state that I am neutral member of this community. Just a bystander, onlooker, observing the interactions and learning from them.

I understand why some people would get upset and think my words meant some sort of degradation but that wasnt the goal.

In all reality, my role in the community is just learning from it and assisting my friend who is a new cam girl. I actually am a mod for her, although I never asked for it, and I create graphics, update the profile for her, give her ideas on how she can get more people interested, and basically just join the chat because it makes her more comfortable and she says my conversation with her and the other people makes it more fun for her. Basically, half the things that OP seems to not like when it comes from strangers lol. So I guess technically I do have a more proactive role in the community (even if it is only to my friend) but I was too busy trying to defend myself to really express it.

If she's your friend, why don't you tip her?

If she's your friend, why don't you tip her?

Because Im not jacking off to her. Because she asked me to help her out in other ways. Because I do work for her as a web developer and she pays me. Because she is in a lot better stable financial situation than I am. Because we view ourselves more as friends and not a customer relationship. Because I simply have decided that I am not interested in paying anyone to show me their body. Because all my money goes towards rent and food.

I dont know.. take your pick. If anyone wants to complain about me not tipping... there is a list of all true reasons for you. Pick whichever makes you feel better and allow ourselves to move on from this topic.

Because Im not jacking off to her. Because she asked me to help her out in other ways. Because I do work for her as a web developer and she pays me. Because she is in a lot better stable financial situation than I am. Because we view ourselves more as friends and not a customer relationship. Because I simply have decided that I am not interested in paying anyone to show me their body. Because all my money goes towards rent and food.

I dont know.. take your pick. If anyone wants to complain about me not tipping... there is a list of all true reasons for you. Pick whichever makes you feel better and allow ourselves to move on from this topic.

I don't need to feel better, I was just curious. :) I think watching cams for years without tipping is shitty but freeloaders are a dime a dozen (or at least I wish we got a dime for every dozen, haha), it's nothing shocking or upsetting to me, and it's your prerogative. I'm sure your friend appreciates the help. :)

I don't need to feel better, I was just curious. :) I think watching cams for years without tipping is shitty but freeloaders are a dime a dozen (or at least I wish we got a dime for every dozen, haha), it's nothing shocking or upsetting to me, and it's your prerogative. I'm sure your friend appreciates the help. :)

yeah, sorry. i guess that did come off as a little aggressive. That "feel better" part was more towards the people that seem upset at my position in it all. been getting a few negative ratings on here lol. Its alright though. To each their own.

Having an opinion that runs counter to your behavior does not equal being "upset." When someone behaves in a shitty manner, many people may mention that it is shitty behavior...without any emotional component.
ok :)

Im curious why you would not give any weight to a cam models opinion? do you have some kind of superiority complex?
can you not troll?
I dont give weight to anyone's opinion in general when it comes to them being offended by another person's opinion.
You are reaching way too hard right now.

• Wat?!
Reactions: Vicki
can you not troll?
I dont give weight to anyone's opinion in general when it comes to them being offended by another person's opinion.
You are reaching way too hard right now.

Im not trolling. It seemed like you were saying just because they're cam models you would just disregard their opinions. So what you're actually saying is even though many people are telling you the way you act is pretty shitty, you just decide all their opinions are wrong and you will continue in your shitty ways.

Im not trolling. It seemed like you were saying just because they're cam models you would just disregard their opinions. So what you're actually saying is even though many people are telling you the way you act is pretty shitty, you just decide all their opinions are wrong and you will continue in your shitty ways.

you are the one that are assuming "just because they are cam models" when everyone else seems to have received the hint that I was referring to people in general.
Im going to need you not to open up a closed argument. Seems everyone else has reached a conclusion but you come trying to stir things up again.

It is not my responsibility to make sure that everyone receives a msg clearly. Each mind translates messages different. It has already been very clearly stated the original intent for me saying that I do not tip. If others what to hold on to the negative vibe that their minds has attached to it then so be it.

You apparently missed the majority of this conversation. Just let it go.

Im simply going to move on from this topic. If you dont understand by now, after all the explaining I have done, then you simply arent willing to understand.

• Wat?!
Reactions: JickyJuly
@laka Just so you know, tipping isn't something that's encouraged only from the members who are "orgasming." LOL. I have no idea what Chaturbate's smallest token package is, but I bet it would put a smile on your model friend's face if you gave her a small tip at least. :)

Just a reminder:

Untitled.png

Fans meaning: people who support (i.e. actually send their models a few dollars now and then) cam girls.

There's no point in being here if you're an absolute freeloader for life. YOU ARE NOT OUR MARKET OR DEMOGRAPHIC.

I never jerk off to models and I don't find jerking off as requisite for enjoyment or wanting to pitch in with tokens.

I think that your other explanation is more logical--- she's your friend, you are her employee and you help her out in different ways.

Reactions: Nordling
this site is worse than tumblr lol. the logic behind this shit is saddening. herd mindset translating meanings despite a clear explanation all while completely missing the point lol. ill be damned if i pay money just to see some boobs. fuck that simp shit. to each their own tho. something apparently a lot of people on this site can seem to understand. whatever tho. im out.

this site is worse than tumblr lol. the logic behind this shit is saddening. herd mindset translating meanings despite a clear explanation all while completely missing the point lol. ill be damned if i pay money just to see some boobs. fuck that simp shit. to each their own tho. something apparently a lot of people on this site can seem to understand. whatever tho. im out.

I think you're confusing herd mindset with quick to call bullshit when we see it.

The 'damned if I pay money just to see boobs' pretty much defines you as the freeloader you've been called. It also demonstrates this really isn't the right forum for you. Don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out. :cya

Status
Not open for further replies.