AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Why do some models on MV charge a lot for very short vids?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That makes total sense! I talked about this before in my room, I really wish MFC Share had video previews. I know we can upload them separately but....lol. It sucks that we can't link ManyVids on our profiles or in PMs, even if only to direct people to the previews.
https://share.myfreecams.com/a/zujbciiw Notice it auto-plays 2 selected parts of the video when you go to the page or mouse-over the thumbnail on the main page. WARNING: You will see my pussy in your face. :D

False. Video previews can be created on any video a model uploads, but it's at her discretion (she can choose not to use one.)
That is useful information, I need to check that out better. I have played with the preview button, but I am not sure how it works. Can you enlighten me?

I've noticed several MFC models disallowing non-VIPs from buying their vids on MFC Share. Why is that?
Exclusivity. Not every model sells content with the intent for it to sell in bulk.

That is useful information, I need to check that out better. I have played with the preview button, but I am not sure how it works. Can you enlighten me?
It's a little clunky right now, but basically you click the cog on the video, "change video preview", slide the little round thingos to the part of the vid you'd like to sample, then make the selection as long as you'd like (though making it as short as you like is currently fucked, a long video won't allow you to make one shorter than like 30 seconds... ugh.) Then "add section" and "save preview" (you can add multiple sections before saving.)

Screen Shot 2017-11-07 at 12.44.06 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-11-07 at 12.45.10 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-11-07 at 12.46.14 PM.png

• Helpful!
Reactions: baileyhawke
Is there a way to preview the preview you create that way?
You can play it on the video page where you create the preview, I believe. You can redo the selection any time, too.

I'm gonna guess that most of the people who buy my stuff on MV are not on MFC, because the price difference is silly. I only recognize a name on MV once in a while as someone I've seen at MFC.

I started posting this on Twitter, and since then, any of my regulars who have both an MV and MFC account have abstained buying on MV:
View attachment 73311
After doing some research, I am seeing that there are plenty of MFC models on MV that are not charging less for their vids on MFC Share. I've actually found several that are actually charging more for their vids on MFC Share. Why would they not charge less on for their vids on MFC share when MFC takes a lower portion of their sales of videos than MV does?

After doing some research, I am seeing that there are plenty of MFC models on MV that are not charging less for their vids on MFC Share. I've actually found several that are actually charging more for their vids on MFC Share. Why would they not charge less on for their vids on MFC share when MFC takes a lower portion of their sales of videos than MV does?
Not everyone favors MFC. Some girls do much better on MV and want more score boost by promoting better sales there. It's all up to what a model needs out of the content site. :)

• Helpful!
Reactions: Guy

I charge the same no matter the platform unless im' trying to boost sales on one or the other (for rank/score/bonuses) because I don't base it on what i make, i base it on what the member pays. I want people to have roughly the same charge no matter where they choose to buy

I'm suprised nobody mentioned that along with all those other great reasons...the payout on MV is 60% and taxes are around 30%!!! We don't even make that 25$, we make around 11$ of that! That's a big factor for me, atleast.

Reactions: yummybrownfox
I have a video on manyvids that is 3 minutes long and $20. Its a higher price than I normally charge because it’s really degrading, hardcore, and taboo. I’m only willing to show such intense content of me to someone who is also willing to spoil me a little. The price says... “If you’re generous with me, I will often be generous back with sharing my naughtiest sides.”

Status
Not open for further replies.