AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Why do some models on MV charge a lot for very short vids?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because that's what they feel like charging for their content. There's no hard and fast rules for why some content costs more than other content. It's hard to compare because there are so many variables.

Last edited:
Maybe their production quality is higher than average. Maybe they have multiple performers in their clips. Maybe they are just so popular that they know the price of their content can be higher than "usual," like a luxury brand. Maybe they don't want anyone to watch that content for less than $x because that's the minimum price they feel comfortable selling it for. Maybe none of these things are the case and that's just the price they chose. Every performer is going to be different, there isn't a standard price across the board that we all strictly adhere to.

There are a toooon of reasons why people will charge different prices for a video.

Some charge more because of the exclusivity factor. If it's a five minute video and it's something they don't do often, having a higher price makes it seem extra special because it's something that fewer people will own. Some girls don't ever do solo work, so when they do said work, they feel comfortable raising the rates higher than their usual prices. If exclusivity is part of their brand as a whole, this could be a very common thing in their store.

Also, certain fetishes can merit a higher price. I regularly film solo non-nude videos that are only a few minutes long, yet I sell for 49.99 a pop, because that's a part of the fetish. They sell regularly, so I keep making them. I charge what I know people will pay, y'know? Sometimes, I get bored and bump up the price even more because I'm curious to find the limit of what people will pay.

It could be a custom clip where the customer paid an initial downpayment, and the clip is priced to pay for the remaining amount. I've definitely done that before when I first started doing clips, and then adjusted the price lower when the customer requester bought it. I don't do that anymore, but I'm sure some people do.

Those are just a few reasons, and there are dozens upon dozens more that could explain their pricing decisions. Or there could be no reason at all, except that's the price they feel like. People charge what they feel they deserve, and what they know people will pay, and there are a bajillion reasons that can support their prices!

There are a toooon of reasons why people will charge different prices for a video.

Some charge more because of the exclusivity factor. If it's a five minute video and it's something they don't do often, having a higher price makes it seem extra special because it's something that fewer people will own. Some girls don't ever do solo work, so when they do said work, they feel comfortable raising the rates higher than their usual prices. If exclusivity is part of their brand as a whole, this could be a very common thing in their store.

Also, certain fetishes can merit a higher price. I regularly film solo non-nude videos that are only a few minutes long, yet I sell for 49.99 a pop, because that's a part of the fetish. They sell regularly, so I keep making them. I charge what I know people will pay, y'know? Sometimes, I get bored and bump up the price even more because I'm curious to find the limit of what people will pay.

It could be a custom clip where the customer paid an initial downpayment, and the clip is priced to pay for the remaining amount. I've definitely done that before when I first started doing clips, and then adjusted the price lower when the customer requester bought it. I don't do that anymore, but I'm sure some people do.

Those are just a few reasons, and there are dozens upon dozens more that could explain their pricing decisions. Or there could be no reason at all, except that's the price they feel like. People charge what they feel they deserve, and what they know people will pay, and there are a bajillion reasons that can support their prices!
Do you think that most members on MV spend a significant amount of money on clips?

Some performers choose a pricing model that depends on quantity/frequency of purchases, some choose a model that thrives on high-dollar purchases, some have developed a business that benefits from both. What *most* members do doesn't have to dictate how content is priced.

What do you mean by "significant?"

Do you think that most members on MV spend a significant amount of money on clips?

Honestly, I'm not very qualified to answer this question. I am a full time clip model, but my specialization is fetish work, which isn't really MV's niche. Members on other clip sites definitely spend a significant amount of money on clips, but since I don't have a whole lot of experience with MV, I can't really say how MV members compare to other clip site customers.

Some performers choose a pricing model that depends on quantity/frequency of purchases, some choose a model that thrives on high-dollar purchases, some have developed a business that benefits from both. What *most* members do doesn't have to dictate how content is priced.

What do you mean by "significant?"
$300 or higher.

$300 or higher.
I guess I worded my question poorly. $300 over what period of time? I mean, it doesn't really matter. Every client has a different budget, and every performer has different pricing standards. It's really hard to compare across the board, apples and oranges, ya know? But every purchase is money in the bank, I don't think anyone expects that every client will have a huge spending budget each day/week/month/year/whatever.

Hmm I would imagine most members spend on MV is varied.

Using myself as an example I basically purchase vids off MV only when my favorites upload stuff that catches my eye or I didn't catch it when they were selling it on cam. So I essentially only grab a couple of videos a month give or take.

I can't really ever see myself having the same spending habits with MV that I have on MFC. There are a few models that I've watched on cam but our schedules don't line up well. so Im more likely to purchase their videos on MV since I can't catch them on cam regularly.

Not that it makes any difference really, but I'm somewhat curious as to whether the clip makers are charging for the custom or if you mean in stores already made.

Like the others said, it's up to them. I charge around $25 for 5 minutes for a custom. I rarely do anything except solo videos. I work every day on cam, do weekly club member things including videos and pics (etc), so my recording time has to be done in my "off time" I prefer to try to get everything "as best as possible" too in my clips. When I'm on cam it's live (mistakes happen and such), but I feel people expect more out of recordings. Due to all that I feel that's a cheap price.

One thing I've also seen is some get anxiety over filming (again like the need for it to be perfect), so they charge more to deter too many customs.

*Edit I think I found the ones you mean. Yup go with what the others said.

Last edited:
Reactions: Feyonce
It's her body, she can charge whatever the fuck she wants.
Word. $25 to put your sexuality/nudity permanently on the Internet for all to see is so insanely cheap to me, even though I sold videos for way less. I get supply and demand etc etc but I still think it’s an insane steal of a deal that you can find a girl of pretty much the exact physical appearance you like, doing the sexy thing you like, for so cheap.

Because I can. I also charge a higher amount on MV because I'd prefer people to buy them on MFC Share so if someone wants my stuff bad enough on MV they pay a premium.

Welcome to a 3 minute clip for $26.99 here - https://www.manyvids.com/Video/542745/Virtual-Fuck-Me/

Obviously, the answer is because they can.. and there can be multiple reasons which lots of people have touched on. Someone mentioned exclusivity.

Something to remember is that a girl can choose to sell a 5 minute video for $3 to 10 people and make $30 or she could price it at $30 and maybe only sell it once and make the same amount of money. The number of people who are willing to pay for it may go down, but as long as she's making the same amount of money it may not bother her. In fact, it may be prefereable if she is trying to lessen the amount of exposure / piracy her videos get, or curate a smaller group of higher paying customers.

I’ll probably get my butt kicked, because it’s not my alley, but I’ll try to give my two cents.
I wouldn’t serve a Hennessy Congnac in a chef restaurant for a lesser price just so that more people will drink it, or for attracting new customers. If a content creator is aiming high, I say go for it. I used liquor as an analogy, because that’s the product I’ve worked with for over a decade:)

Three reasons I charge a lot for my clips:

1) They're topless. I am a non-nude model except for these clips so people must pay a premium to see the nippers.
2) Findom.
3) Because that's what I'm worth.

I never said that she can't. Im not saying that any models are making their videos overpriced.

"overpriced" is relative, though.

For example, I think that a $300 Coach purse is way too expensive for something I'm going to throw a wallet and a couple other things into. You'll never catch me paying more than $30 for a purse, because to me, a purse is just this stupid thing that I have to carry because the people who make women's clothing give us tiny, useless pockets. More often than not, I'm carrying a handbag that I paid $3 for at a thrift store.

On the other hand, someone who is into fashion or enjoys accessories will argue that a Coach bag is well worth the price tag - they're high quality, come with a guarantee, and the company will make needed repairs. I acknowledge that these are relevant points, but I'll still stick with the $3 thrifted bag.

I never said that she can't. Im not saying that any models are making their videos overpriced.

I was answering the original question in the title- "Why do some models on MV charge a lot for very short vids?"

my answer can also be applied to "Why do some models charge less for x"

"overpriced" is relative, though.

For example, I think that a $300 Coach purse is way too expensive for something I'm going to throw a wallet and a couple other things into. You'll never catch me paying more than $30 for a purse, because to me, a purse is just this stupid thing that I have to carry because the people who make women's clothing give us tiny, useless pockets. More often than not, I'm carrying a handbag that I paid $3 for at a thrift store.

On the other hand, someone who is into fashion or enjoys accessories will argue that a Coach bag is well worth the price tag - they're high quality, come with a guarantee, and the company will make needed repairs. I acknowledge that these are relevant points, but I'll still stick with the $3 thrifted bag.
Cheap men turn me off, but thrifty women... :cat: Also, YES to the tiny pockets problem. My phone is twice the size of the back pocket in my jeans - it's literally more secure if I jam it between my tits!

As far as clip pricing, I assume it's because a satisfactory number of people will buy it at that price. It might also be a findom clip, which would be priced high for obvious reasons. Or perhaps if you price a clip high for no obvious reason, people will buy it because they assume it must contain something amazing?
(I don't make clips, especially customs, but sometimes guys try to pressure you into it, so I usually say a price that's ungodly high just to make them go away. Apparently my "just go away" rate is so high that it also incites them to call me a bitch.)

Reactions: SaffronBurke
What everyone else has said. Hell, findom is easily the best fetish to explain clips that are short that have 'high' price tags. If a girl wants to charge x for y, then she should charge x for y. More power to them!

Do you ever get customers on MV that are not members on MFC?
I'm gonna guess that most of the people who buy my stuff on MV are not on MFC, because the price difference is silly. I only recognize a name on MV once in a while as someone I've seen at MFC.

I started posting this on Twitter, and since then, any of my regulars who have both an MV and MFC account have abstained buying on MV:
Just a note about my vids....png

• Helpful!
Reactions: THE MOLLIE MARIE
Haha Amber, I'm the same way. Guys FROM MFC will spend $30 on like 3 videos of mine from ManyVids and I'm like "whyyyyy do you not just buy them off of MFC Share?? You could've gotten like 15 videos instead!". Oh well :facepalm: lol

Haha Amber, I'm the same way. Guys FROM MFC will spend $30 on like 3 videos of mine from ManyVids and I'm like "whyyyyy do you not just buy them off of MFC Share?? You could've gotten like 15 videos instead!". Oh well :facepalm: lol
Could be because MFC Share doesn't allow video previews. They might be trying to make sure that the video of yours isn't pixilated or grainy before buying it. I have bought videos from MFC models on MFC that turned out to be pixelated or grainy. Because of that, I buy videos from MFC models on ManyVids instead of on MFC Share.

Could be because MFC Share doesn't allow video previews. They might be trying to make sure that the video of yours isn't pixilated or grainy before buying it. I have bought videos from MFC models on MFC that turned out to be pixelated or grainy. Because of that, I buy videos from MFC models on ManyVids instead of on MFC Share.
That makes total sense! I talked about this before in my room, I really wish MFC Share had video previews. I know we can upload them separately but....lol. It sucks that we can't link ManyVids on our profiles or in PMs, even if only to direct people to the previews.

Could be because MFC Share doesn't allow video previews.
False. Video previews can be created on any video a model uploads, but it's at her discretion (she can choose not to use one.)

Status
Not open for further replies.