AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Why is MFC behind SM and CB in HD feeds?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed with DrWangFei. Why improve and sink money into increasing just about everything, from hardware to software to servers, when they have people content with what they have now. Upgrading to HD would likely mean more cost on their end--from just about every angle. That said, MFC needs to eventually upgrade if it wants to stay competitive with CB, emphasis on eventually. SM is a different animal, and I've always thought comparing a private based site to a token based one is a bit strange, considering they operate differently and attract different clientele.

Once their stream quality starts effecting their bottom-line then MFC will upgrade.

Does it really matter right now? With the two new resolutions they added last year if the model has a good setup (lights/cam/internet), it looks pretty damn good on all displays I've tested on (MBP retina, desktop and large TV, including in full screen). And right now, looks like MFC is investing on other things that are needed (features that models have been asking for, stability, advertising), which to me is the best approach.

Does it really matter right now? With the two new resolutions they added last year if the model has a good setup (lights/cam/internet), it looks pretty damn good on all displays I've tested on (MBP retina, desktop and large TV, including in full screen). And right now, looks like MFC is investing on other things that are needed (features that models have been asking for, stability, advertising), which to me is the best approach.
There are currently still a lot of MFC girls who cannot even run the new higher resolutions due to computer or internet constraints anyway. I think MFC will eventually improve in HD quality but I agree that it isn't necessarily something that has to be the priority right now. MFC is and has been operating just fine with what they've got to offer, and are obviously working on improvements in other areas as noted here.

Another thing to bear in mind is that not all users have devices or connections that can handle HD streaming, especially if they're on their phones.

I'm not sure if CB or SM saves privates for future viewing, but I know F4F has HD quality and saves paid content, but makes you pay to watch it again. I assume MFC would do something similar to circumvent having to store larger files on their servers.

On CB girls can opt out of private show recordings for the member and most do. No idea about streamate.

I'm not sure if CB or SM saves privates for future viewing, but I know F4F has HD quality and saves paid content, but makes you pay to watch it again. I assume MFC would do something similar to circumvent having to store larger files on their servers.

I don't see MFC changing their policies about recorded privates. Not only are MFC private shows more expensive per minute than they are on most private-based sites for most models, but the cost of storing a minute of video is lower now than it was when MFC started, regardless of resolution.

As for the general topic, I've compared the feed of a couple of studio models who work on both MFC and CB. It's actually possible to get a good enough feed on MFC that there's not much of an improvement on CB even in full-screen, at least not enough to make me want to watch & tip on CB rather than on MFC.

Reactions: SoTxBob
Many guys on MFC love the recording function and the possibility to transfer tokens to another user to "share the cost" of a private show. If MFC ever changed their recording policy it would drive many people to CB. Not sure if server space is really the issue here compared to bandwidth costs.

On CB girls can opt out of private show recordings for the member and most do. No idea about streamate.

Members don't get recordings on streamate. But, everything IS recorded and is heavily used by affiliates.

There are currently still a lot of MFC girls who cannot even run the new higher resolutions due to computer or internet constraints anyway. I think MFC will eventually improve in HD quality but I agree that it isn't necessarily something that has to be the priority right now. MFC is and has been operating just fine with what they've got to offer, and are obviously working on improvements in other areas as noted here.
Yeah, I think one of the appeals and part of the culture of MFC is that it's where any girl next door can stream. Of course having a good connection/equipment helps, but it maintains the illusion of "just for fun", even if it's clear that top models are career girls.

I'd like higher resolution, especially since I stream with my DSLR and it looks amazing on my end, but I'm not too concerned with it. They don't announce new features in advance so it's likely that it will just suddenly be available one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.