AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Why MFC has become boring in my opinion

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He is punishing the member for trying to get a free show on his dime. In theory.
In theory, I can see what you're saying, but it doesn't work that way.

My findings from last night:

View attachment 65450

Has it ever been determined, does that number represent Premium Members only? Or does it include Basics and Guests?

Because i have to say I've been in some models rooms during the time they also posted their numbers or mentioned what they were later on. And I just don't see that as premiums only. When you're looking at 20 or 30 premiums with a few rotating in and out for an hour. Then the next day she posts she had 2000 visitors, it doesn't reconcile. I think those include everyone, including guests who don't even have an account. It just appears to be individual IP address counts to me.

Has it ever been determined, does that number represent Premium Members only? Or does it include Basics and Guests?

Because i have to say I've been in some models rooms during the time they also posted their numbers or mentioned what they were later on. And I just don't see that as premiums only. When you're looking at 20 or 30 premiums with a few rotating in and out for an hour. Then the next day she posts she had 2000 visitors, it doesn't reconcile. I think those include everyone, including guests who don't even have an account. It just appears to be individual IP address counts to me.
I'm pretty certain it's not just premium. That would seem silly

Reactions: Puffin and Mila_
I'm pretty certain it's not just premium. That would seem silly

But conversely, why would they include guests? That seems useless to me. There's no way they are going to tip. It tells you nothing about your pool of potential tippers. It's nice they are doing that, but is it really useful in any way other than bragging rights to make you feel better? It would have been far better to have just the smaller numbers of Premium members. Or at the very least a breakdown by how many member, basic, and guest visits.

But conversely, why would they include guests? That seems useless to me. There's no way they are going to tip. It tells you nothing about your pool of potential tippers. It's nice they are doing that, but is it really useful in any way other than bragging rights to make you feel better? It would have been far better to have just the smaller numbers of Premium members. Or at the very least a breakdown by how many member, basic, and guest visits.

Because it is a useful number to know. You know that you had 2000 different people watching, regardless of their status as a member. Some people have premium accounts even though they watch as a guest. Sometimes a guest will sign up during your show and tip you. Regardless of everything else, it is a good stat to have, to know how many people were actually watching your show. I do agree that it would be useful to also know how many of those viewers were registered users and how many were premiums. But maybe they will add that in time.

Reactions: AmberCutie and Gen
Guests create premium accounts and tip constantly. The stats are all about potential, and their is no actual less potential in guests than premiums IMO... Technically.

Only showing premiums would not be accurate statistics for potential reach.

I can agree adding stats of different viewer types could be nice, though I personally wouldn't care.

Some models actual beg for chatters because otherwise it is just a night at the aquarium! One model begged for chatters, "tips are appreciated but not required for participation!
Bahaha...we're you in my chat last night perchance? I've often described the non talking members as kids rubbing their snotty noses on the glass of a fish tank and tapping on the glass while I dart around all confused as to what to do...

So toss 5 tokens our way when we do something different, because we fucking work hard for great ideas and they never sell so we are doomed to keep doing the shit that sells because we have to eat and have internet.
This was close to my point. Members should stop feeling guilty, stop giving away all their 5 token lots spent on models whose conversation and ideas are boring, and spend them all (most of them) on those who truly excite them. You should be getting 200 tokens rather than the 5 left over from spending on dull company before you did your thing.

Company is not always a good match to entertainment, time spent on a model may not equate to time well spent. The expectation is that all similar conversation has the same entertainment value, it doesn't.
On a personal level I find I spend way too much on the company I keep rather than on who makes me happiest. Even worse in doing this when I do go for something good with a model who will make me happy, I may have less capacity to spend on her. This can take more of the fun out of being a member.
The problem is that as a member, unless you're willing to pay handsomely for it, you're not really entitled to anything more than the status quo.
@mynameisbob84 There is much truth in this. Being able to spend freely is much more fun, and you can get some amazing experiences. Cutting into this capacity by gifting just for time spent with a model, or worse many models, may leave you with little to spend on what you really enjoy.

For members, if you do love the company and it makes you happy, by all means spend, and spend big. Just don't feel you owe anyone if you don't feel it. Models are adults, they can end their time with a member whenever they wish to and focus on someone else.

Company is not always a good match to entertainment, time spent on a model may not equate to time well spent. The expectation is that all similar conversation has the same entertainment value, it doesn't.
On a personal level I find I spend way too much on the company I keep rather than on who makes me happiest.

Look, I completely agree with you. Spend on what makes you happiest. So here is my counter to this. Stop hanging out in model's rooms who bore you. I don't care if you like them but not enough to spend on them. Tell them hi on twitter. Talk to them in this forum. Buy one video once every 6 months if you like their stuff. But do not go into their place of work, not intending on tipping a dime, and spend all your time there because it's rude.

If I want to be someone's friend, I don't go visit them at work and monopolize there time without paying them. It's simple. I hang out with them outside of that venue.

Experimented last night on cam. This thread inspired me to try bringing up topics that divided the room idealogically and forced me to mention potentially upsetting opinions I may have. We discussed Jesus, Homosexuality, Taxes, and Gender.

The general vibe of my room became much more chatty. Room count increased to higher than my average, even with no nudity involved. Tips slowed way down. I had to ban 3 people for becoming too emotionally volatile and mean towards people with opposing positions. One member lashed out on me about my viewpoints and after I banned him, he continued to tell me in PM that my beliefs are harmful and that he's glad I don't have more power than an online chat room. Overall, I did not have to ban more chatters than usual. The majority stayed really kind and level headed.

I had multiple viewers tell me that they wished more cam girls were intelligent to which I responded with telling them about this very thread and explaining that girls must follow the tokens. I said, "Most girls have tried to do something akin to this but are not compensated and so don't try again." Someone tip bombed me a couple thousand tokens soon after and essentially thanked me for discussing important things with my room. I was shocked when it happened because i was thinking I wouldnt make any token goals doing what I was doing. I reiterated to my room how I can only continue talking this way because people support me when i do. I got naked eventually, and moved the conversation a bit more towards light topics and sex.

I had a really fun time doing it. It was risky and felt like it was approaching nuclear a few times but I have to say that my room maintained composure. I'm not sure I would have made my usual tokens without the one guy who wanted to throw them at me. It definitely did not feel like a room with any tipping culture before he slapped them down (AKA It did not feel like what I was doing was deserving of tips in the minds of most). I'm afraid that as fun as it was to include meaningful discussion, it may just not be an option for most cam girls with lower camscores and visibility. It seems being able to steer away from the sexual is a luxury most models don't have.

Essentially, I think viewers should be careful to assume a cam girl is unintelligent or unskilled just because they are solely demonstrating their sex appeal. There's not a lot of wiggle room for experimentation at the work place when you're barely making ends meet.

Experimented last night on cam. This thread inspired me to try bringing up topics that divided the room idealogically and forced me to mention potentially upsetting opinions I may have. We discussed Jesus, Homosexuality, Taxes, and Gender.

The general vibe of my room became much more chatty. Room count increased to higher than my average, even with no nudity involved. Tips slowed way down. I had to ban 3 people for becoming too emotionally volatile and mean towards people with opposing positions. One member lashed out on me about my viewpoints and after I banned him, he continued to tell me in PM that my beliefs are harmful and that he's glad I don't have more power than an online chat room. Overall, I did not have to ban more chatters than usual. The majority stayed really kind and level headed.

I had multiple viewers tell me that they wished more cam girls were intelligent to which I responded with telling them about this very thread and explaining that girls must follow the tokens. I said, "Most girls have tried to do something akin to this but are not compensated and so don't try again." Someone tip bombed me a couple thousand tokens soon after and essentially thanked me for discussing important things with my room. I was shocked when it happened because i was thinking I wouldnt make any token goals doing what I was doing. I reiterated to my room how I can only continue talking this way because people support me when i do. I got naked eventually, and moved the conversation a bit more towards light topics and sex.

I had a really fun time doing it. It was risky and felt like it was approaching nuclear a few times but I have to say that my room maintained composure. I'm not sure I would have made my usual tokens without the one guy who wanted to throw them at me. It definitely did not feel like a room with any tipping culture before he slapped them down (AKA It did not feel like what I was doing was deserving of tips in the minds of most). I'm afraid that as fun as it was to include meaningful discussion, it may just not be an option for most cam girls with lower camscores and visibility. It seems being able to steer away from the sexual is a luxury most models don't have.

Essentially, I think viewers should be careful to assume a cam girl is unintelligent or unskilled just because they are solely demonstrating their sex appeal. There's not a lot of wiggle room for experimentation at the work place when you're barely making ends meet.

This was actually a big part of the reason I left MFC last year. My room was the type where we'd talk about controversial topics. And the tipping stopped and the culture became a non-tipping culture. Even after deciding that we just wouldn't have those conversations anymore, it was too late and I'd attracted all these guys that didn't want to tip but wanted to talk about these things.

MFC is boring because we don't get compensated for being interesting unless it's also a sexy and beautiful interesting performance.

I wonder if it is impossible to create a tipping culture while also having a more chatty room. I think that the more controversial stuff will lead to just angry members and more banning. I saw a model pull it off, she had some sort of zen like ability to balance sexy stuff, multiple conversations and get paid. It was rare. Most members just won't comply with that and most models can't pull it off.

I wonder if it is impossible to create a tipping culture while also having a more chatty room. I think that the more controversial stuff will lead to just angry members and more banning. I saw a model pull it off, she had some sort of zen like ability to balance sexy stuff, multiple conversations and get paid. It was rare. Most members just won't comply with that and most models can't pull it off.

Back before my room lost its tipping culture it was mostly just a chatty room until the show. I'm starting to think things must have drastically changed since the last time I watched cams because I don't know how MFC rooms are run without being a chatty atmosphere between countdowns.

Ok, if discussions kill the tipping, but there is an interest to have discussions then maybe it is worth a try to make discussions a tipping goal.
Lets say if you make a 2000 tokens goal and then there is 1 hour discussion about a specific controvercial topic coupled with a sexy performance for the members not interested in discussions. When the hour is up new goal new topic...

:)

• Helpful!
Reactions: Puffin
Back before my room lost its tipping culture it was mostly just a chatty room until the show. I'm starting to think things must have drastically changed since the last time I watched cams because I don't know how MFC rooms are run without being a chatty atmosphere between countdowns.

My favorite models actually run their rooms in a similar way. Chatty + random tips + menu stuff + purchases + incremental countdowns.

Some do it better than others.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Puffin
My show almost every night is casual conversation while working towards a show goal, if things get too serious tips do tend to slow down but I'm not shy to remind the room of our goals while this chatting is happening.

My show almost every night is casual conversation while working towards a show goal, if things get too serious tips do tend to slow down but I'm not shy to remind the room of our goals while this chatting is happening.
This is good to hear. The whole tone of "girls who are chatty don't deserve my tips! They need to be truly interesting!" was reeeally making me wonder if MFC's atmosphere had totally changed since I was last there. lol

Reactions: RahqZee
My favorite models actually run their rooms in a similar way. Chatty + random tips + menu stuff + purchases + incremental countdowns.

Some do it better than others.
That's pretty much how I roll. It's pretty casual overall, but I do update and remind about my topic/countdown frequently and paste my video/etc sales into the chatroom during the banter.

I don't think MFC is boring, but it is essential to find the right cam model and the right room that you are looking for. I've never been comfortable in purely sexual rooms, or with models that are utterly quiet and on their phone or laptop until someone tips. The best, most rewarding rooms have always been those where the model is open and engaging and talking about a wide variety of topics, AND the room is responding as well, more than just 2-3 talkers/tippers. Like in AwesomeKate's room. Like in many models' rooms, though things can fluctuate.

MFC can be boring at times if you don't know what you are looking for or expect to find it all hours. But when the right model with the right room is online, there's nothing quite like it. It's one of the most exciting ways you can spend time (and tokens).

Reactions: weirdbr and Mikey_P
A gentle or loud reminder of '1391 until XYZ' seems to be how most models get things back on track when the tipping dries up!

Agreed, but just reminding people verbally isn't enough to get the actual tips coming in. The room, after a more in depth discussion, will most likely be emotionally involved in the conversation topics and less interested in getting to the sexiness. And those who want sexiness and will tip for it will most likely not be watching, because they got turned off by her serious talks. As evidenced by the 20 or so people who stopped in my room last night just to say, "This topic is a boner killer." Only to return as soon as I removed my clothes.

The atmosphere that these types of shows (Cooking, Building, Art, Philosophy, etc.) create are just not conducive to being tipped. People will often point to OliviaNaked as a shining example of the success that can be found with going outside the box but please remember that she was ONE girl out of THOUSANDS to hit the sweet spot and she also had humble (and very normal and sexual) cam beginnings too. A cam girl can only be as revolutionary as her tippers allow her to be.

Wow, this thread has really evolved since the last time I visited and wrote on page 1.

I feel some of this is pointing towards a discussion of what most members tip for, which has to at least be in the equation for most models (if not the absolute bottom line). The answer for most seems to be sexual activities / nudity, despite many members claiming there has to be some kind of connection or discussion or that "something else". From my experiences, I can attest to this personally.

As a non-nude model, I relied heavily on my room discussions, friendships, connections, creative ideas/shows, etc. I naively believed that genuinely befriending members would work itself out and my friends would tip when they could. Let's just say that I was led into a situation of working 8-12 hours daily on MFC to make my goals and worked to a point it was no longer fun anymore.

As many have stated, if you're loving the conversation or room happenings, tip! :) It will certainly encourage and better enable the model to do those types of activities more often in a group environment.

I have since moved on to SM, which I absolutely love. There is not much of a free chat environment and it's focused heavily on private shows. I'd say 1 out of every 100 of my customers want to "just" chat. So, this goes along with my personal experience that most members do not find conversations and other such non-sexual stuff worthy of paying for, for whatever reason.

I naively believed that genuinely befriending members would work itself out and my friends would tip when they could.

Yes, I used to naively believe this too about members on MFC who I thought of as "friends"...and then would be in for some disappointment when they'd chat for so long...night after night...without tipping. They usually were the "Slow night, huh?" and "You're leaving? Can't you stay on longer???" folks. Lol...

Look, I completely agree with you. Spend on what makes you happiest. So here is my counter to this. Stop hanging out in model's rooms who bore you. I don't care if you like them but not enough to spend on them. Tell them hi on twitter. Talk to them in this forum. Buy one video once every 6 months if you like their stuff. But do not go into their place of work, not intending on tipping a dime, and spend all your time there because it's rude.

If I want to be someone's friend, I don't go visit them at work and monopolize there time without paying them. It's simple. I hang out with them outside of that venue.
I agree with you fully. If only it were that simple, boredom would be so much easier, than something like comfortable, happy, beautiful, familiar, nostalgic and so on. Sometimes that model might be exactly what you want most too.

I can't really speak of boredom or lack of spending on a model when I am in her company. What I can say is that one model's 10 minute conversation can be worth another's 5 hours in value to me. If I am fair they both get the same reward from me. Longer term I will probably remember the 10 minutes for far longer than the 5 hours so spending equally is probably not fair.

I like both models just the same and am prepared to tip either, but they are not equal in what I take away from my time with them. To rephrase my earlier point, the better model deserves my tokens, but usually I tend to rip her off by giving the other model far more than she deserves just for time spent on someone else.
Keep in mind many models exploit this. By stealing the conversation and keeping it going. Members who spend on a model don't tend to get the lurker option the next time they visit.

I am not talking about freeloading only talking about who we actually spend on, and who deserves our tokens. I don't value general conversation too much, in my experience most models are pretty good and interesting company. Exceptional company/ a connection, that is very much worth spending on.

Let members spend on what will make them happiest. When that someone is you, hopefully they will not have been raped of tokens through obligation and time spent with someone far less interesting.
Sometimes models even do this to themselves with their regulars by collecting tokens in boring times, they would have doubled in exciting moments.

Addition: Am not jaded with models, and what I am verbalizing here is a subtle internal process. Much less aggressive than it sounds.
I go agree in principle that models deserve to be rewarded for their time spent, including conversation time. It is only the value I was arguing on.

Last edited:
Let members spend on what will make them happiest. When that someone is you, hopefully they will not have been raped of tokens through obligation and time spent with someone far less interesting.
Sometimes models even do this to themselves with their regulars by collecting those in boring times, they would have doubled in exciting moments.

I don't think anyone is suggesting you tip models you don't like. People are suggesting you don't take up more space than you are worth in a room.

Status
Not open for further replies.