AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Why so many low studio models on featured?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 16, 2022
trying to figure out why so many studio models with only like 1000 followers are on featured page 1 and 2, They have only 23 to 50 users and only 3 or 4 are actual register users. How are they going straight to the #1 and #2 featured pages??? This is so unfair to all the other hard working models spending money and time to prepare .. just trying to get there to be noticed. These girls are going straight there!! They look like they on drugs or homeless alot of them. So far i have followed 58 of them.. working shifts around the clock. please tell me whats going on. Other models are getting really upset about this.. And im trying to let more know. Ive reported it .. in there rooms and email to cb .. Nothing happend.. I have all there names if anyone is interested. This must be stopped!!!! Because this puts other models back further on the pages. .. and this is there living and they have put the time in.

My question is simple: Does a homepage position guarantee more paying members, or simply more bounced traffic? I mean, if someone looked for Miss Lollipop, or Elimarie online, learned where they perform and when, would they really need the 2004 back in time lookalike Wordpress homepage to make their purchase decision? I got some of the best B2B leads by appearing 2nd or 3rd in the search results page, while competitors bidded on each other's brand name for number 1. The prospects just didn't give a f**k about positioning, they gave one for relevance and intent:)
It's mainly for competition over grabbing new guys to the site, that specific night, and possibly ego (on some model's parts) too.
It's silly. Idk about CB but on SM placement on the splash page, doesn't indicate the highest earners for the month or anything, so I don't get why it matters that much. Other than, competition over new dudes signing up that specific evening, who haven't had a chance to figure it out yet, and want to impulse spend on whoever they see first who looks good to them.

Upvote 0
I guess it boils down to who’s using those top pages, and for what.

Personally, when I browse CB with the intent to find a model I’d like to become a paying customer for, I use filters to narrow my search results to things I already know I enjoy. After adding 3 or 4 filters and search terms, my “Page 1” of results might include models that are actually on like page 7 or 8 overall.

But that doesn’t matter to me as long as the model fits what I’m looking for. I don’t care if her rank is low, if there’s 5,000 people in her room or only 5 people. I’ll still visit and tip.

When I browse from the home page without any filters - which isn’t often - I’m usually just casually looking around out of boredom. I’d guess a lot of Page 1 traffic is passive or disengaged in that way. So they might find you and visit your room, but they’re not necessarily out looking for a model to tip (even if they have tokens).
Quoting Sean Connery in a strange lisp: "My point ecshactly"

Reactions: Smoothie
Upvote 0
I don't know Chaturbate's data on this, but it is generally true that on web commerce sites in general, being on the front page does give you greater financial success. I'm like Smoothie in that I look for specific types of models, and I actually start from page 8 and work backwards because I prefer low traffic rooms. But we are not even close to the average user. The majority of people on the internet are just stumbling through it and interacting with the first thing they find, be that search results or looking up products on Amazon or looking for models on cam sites. So being on the front page translates to more views which translates to more followers and more tips. In order to sell someone something, they have to find you first, and front page visibility helps with that a lot.

Upvote 0
It's mainly for competition over grabbing new guys to the site, that specific night, and possibly ego (on some model's parts) too.
It's silly. Idk about CB but on SM placement on the splash page, doesn't indicate the highest earners for the month or anything, so I don't get why it matters that much. Other than, competition over new dudes signing up that specific evening, who haven't had a chance to figure it out yet, and want to impulse spend on whoever they see first who looks good to them.

Would you say it’s also a bit of a trophy? Some people are competitive by nature. I could see it being more about the game than the tokens for people in that mindset.

Probably feels good to be a “page 1 model” and is an achievement in itself, profits aside.

Upvote 0
Would you say it’s also a bit of a trophy? Some people are competitive by nature. I could see it being more about the game than the tokens for people in that mindset.

Probably feels good to be a “page 1 model” and is an achievement in itself, profits aside.
I guess it could be. Not if you're a model who isn't out to their friends and family though, then I imagine it would be terrifying.

Personally, I'd rather be the model on the site who made the most money that month, and not the highest ranked model on the splash page. I guess it's possible that sometimes those things could be the same? But I know for a fact in my case ranking doesn't equate to having made more that month at all. SM also has an algorithm.

So it's a trophy, in that I'm a first page model who has worked my main site for 7 years now, and has been insanely loyal when it comes to poaching etc
But, honestly, I'd rather be the model w the fatter bank account who's slipping under the radar.

Upvote 0
I don't know Chaturbate's data on this, but it is generally true that on web commerce sites in general, being on the front page does give you greater financial success. I'm like Smoothie in that I look for specific types of models, and I actually start from page 8 and work backwards because I prefer low traffic rooms. But we are not even close to the average user. The majority of people on the internet are just stumbling through it and interacting with the first thing they find, be that search results or looking up products on Amazon or looking for models on cam sites. So being on the front page translates to more views which translates to more followers and more tips. In order to sell someone something, they have to find you first, and front page visibility helps with that a lot.
But what if the visitor from the homepage just got there from a tube, and accidentally clicked? Remember, being on the first page, sharing it with 80 other rooms isn’t exactly getting impressions. An Amazon homepage is personalized, and search results are related to search terms, so the 1st page visibility on Chaturbate isn’t the same as SERP( Search Engine Result Page).
It would be interesting however, if a user like Smoothie could save his filter, and if CB had a content recommendation system, like Taboola or Outbrain. Many vids by the way, do have a “you may also like” algorithm. The little punk Dan didn’t get a mediocre support job in adult, but he ain’t never stopped learning or marketing ever since:)

Reactions: Smoothie
Upvote 0
But what if the visitor from the homepage just got there from a tube, and accidentally clicked? Remember, being on the first page, sharing it with 80 other rooms isn’t exactly getting impressions. An Amazon homepage is personalized, and search results are related to search terms, so the 1st page visibility on Chaturbate isn’t the same as SERP( Search Engine Result Page).
It would be interesting however, if a user like Smoothie could save his filter, and if CB had a content recommendation system, like Taboola or Outbrain. Many vids by the way, do have a “you may also like” algorithm. The little punk Dan didn’t get a mediocre support job in adult, but he ain’t never stopped learning or marketing ever since:)
Well, this is where I say I don't have Chaturbate's data so I'm just going based on general principles. As you point out it's all about conversion rate. What percentage of views that come by way of the front page convert to paying users? And is that percentage significantly lower than the conversion rate of viewers who find you by searching by filter or tag? I don't know the answer. It is just my guess based on my own experience in e-commerce that the conversion rate is not significantly different and that even if it is lower, you're still better off with thousands of views than you are with dozens or hundreds.

Upvote 0
It would be interesting however, if a user like Smoothie could save his filter, and if CB had a content recommendation system, like Taboola or Outbrain.

Yes, that would be great. Right now, CB retains my filters for general location (North America, Europe etc), HD, and that’s about it. I narrow it down much more using hashtags and such, but it would be great to be able to save those preferences, so the next time I log in, my version of Page 1 is already tailored to my filters.

Upvote 0
I rest my case @bigvolcano, The camsites hide their data in the longest anal show ever, making models frustrated about page positions instead of value for their time and effort. Data based marketing, or conversion rate optimization tools and tips, are not shared by the camsites with models and it's a shame. Spenders could have better experiences, and models could have less time based on guesstimation, or listening to pendejos like me:)

Reactions: inertvolcano
Upvote 0
I rest my case @bigvolcano, The camsites hide their data in the longest anal show ever, making models frustrated about page positions instead of value for their time and effort. Data based marketing, or conversion rate optimization tools and tips, are not shared by the camsites with models and it's a shame. Spenders could have better experiences, and models could have less time based on guesstimation, or listening to pendejos like me:)
You'll find no argument from me there. Sites like these hide their data and claim that it would give advantages to their competitors but really it's just fucking over their user base.

Upvote 0
trying to figure out why so many studio models with only like 1000 followers are on featured page 1 and 2, They have only 23 to 50 users and only 3 or 4 are actual register users. How are they going straight to the #1 and #2 featured pages??? This is so unfair to all the other hard working models spending money and time to prepare .. just trying to get there to be noticed. These girls are going straight there!! They look like they on drugs or homeless alot of them. So far i have followed 58 of them.. working shifts around the clock. please tell me whats going on. Other models are getting really upset about this.. And im trying to let more know. Ive reported it .. in there rooms and email to cb .. Nothing happend.. I have all there names if anyone is interested. This must be stopped!!!! Because this puts other models back further on the pages. .. and this is there living and they have put the time in.

You've gone out of your way to follow 58 of these models, and somehow you're able to know that they're working shifts around the clock. You do realize us lower ranked models are trying to pay our rent and eat, just like everybody else, right? While you're spending all this time watching these models, maybe you should tip them. If you're not interested in those particular models at all, just go to the next model. I don't see why you need to be reporting them. It's not like you're actually witnessing them on cam breaking site rules such as having a minor on cam, etc.

Lower ranked cam models already have the disadvantage of being bypassed by members all the time, and dealing with obnoxious "Why is it so dead in here?"/"Why am I the only one in here?" comments from members who could tip but choose not to. Maybe use this opportunity to actually spend a few minutes in their room to get to know them as a person, instead of assuming they must suck just because they're "studio models" or have nobody in the room. Imagine how much better it'd be for models if more members would STOP focusing on the "I'm the only one in here!" negative, have an attention span longer than 10 seconds...and give them a chance. You may be pleasantly surprised, and wind up finding yourself a new model you wish to favorite.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I am a cam model on cb over 6 years. I always minded my own shit and all i did and i still do is work. Online and offline because i v always wanted give my followers quality show's,nice decor,good quality image,sound etc etc etc. No matter how much effort i put in it i just don t see new faces in my room. This means i do not have traffic at all. For you to understand on a stream of 4 hours maybe i see 4 new persons in my room. I am speaking about the ones who join and leave your room,in and out. I donnt have it in my room. This movement of in and out,in and out traffic. and i v tryied EVERYTHING. I bought professional camara,i m mooving every day from one bedroom to the other and back to livingroom (i am an independend model working from my own house) giving diferent previews putting on quality shows trying everything. I emailed cb time ago asking why in my room the traffic do not exist and also asking for some triks etc. No response and i did not insisted anymore i keept owning my own shit. Now,after i tryied everything but i don t see results at all i have the same members i start with at the beggining and i really don t understand why,but ok,let s say i am not lucky or whatever. I just conformed myself i accepted it as it is and i just continue work like i always did. But in last time,after all my efforts and all the mess i am doing in my all house just to put on good show s but still see no results,I admit. I fall,mentally because i am also a human being and yes i admit i cryied and i gived up. I mooved everything back in the smal bedroom and i said i won t put any effort anymore into it just go online and chat. Because doeznt matter what i do there never is results. So,i know nobody care and i understand this,but i just wanna give the example of small rooms hard workers models over years on cb who try and try and try to make the room better. I wasnt online in the last days because i still have a little depresion because of the situation on cb right now. And no,i do not find fear at all what is going on cb in last time. Because there is not like3,4,5 girls there are over 70 girls all of them same studio,and yes,most of them look like they r intoxicated let s speak the true not being hipocrite. Cb have the option to report a model if they look intoxicated. Why? Well because is not giving a good image to the platform i guess so,i think is nothing bad mention this and more when IS THE TRUE. Anyway,the point is that YES the personal situation on cb is directly aftecting me and other small rooms models who are on the site years now. Because after 6 years with hard work i was able to reach page nr 5 on cb now because of this studio i am on the page nr 15,so yes is affecting me,is affecting small rooms and is not fair because we all should have same rights there. I repeat,if there was 2,3,4 models ok,maybe they r more lucky or whatever,no big deal but when there are over 70 always jumping from first to second page and from second back to first page the whole streaming for days now then there is clearly a problem who affect small rooms and hard workers over years. And,no,you don t have to stay and search them,you just have to open first and second Page of cb and they are EVERYWHER! Now call me i am frustrated i am jealous i don t care. My situation right now is the situation of all small rooms on cb. Is the true and i do not regret i speak it out loud here. A model over 6 years on cb who always minded her own shit,this time i won t. Just because is not fair at all what is going on right now on cb. I just wanted to show how the actual situation of cb right now affect small rooms. And btw i never in my life reported a model on cb and i will never do it because i have big respect for this. I understand is our only way to pay our bills and all of us have responsabilityes,i have nothing personal with those girls or against them. For me the most important thing in this life is the consciense. I have it. Above anyone and anything first is my consciense This situation is not about them directly is about theyr studio and chaturbate. Is obviously cb know about this and cb allow this... What amaze me is the models,big rooms,small rooms the ones who was always there working hard,starting from 0 starting from the last page on cb and building a comunity small,big,doeznt matter. Why nobody say nothing?

Upvote 0
My question is simple: Does a homepage position guarantee more paying members, or simply more bounced traffic? I mean, if someone looked for Miss Lollipop, or Elimarie online, learned where they perform and when, would they really need the 2004 back in time lookalike Wordpress homepage to make their purchase decision? I got some of the best B2B leads by appearing 2nd or 3rd in the search results page, while competitors bidded on each other's brand name for number 1. The prospects just didn't give a f**k about positioning, they gave one for relevance and intent:)

In my personal experience, yes. It makes a bigggggg difference. Not just backpages VS frontpage. Even within the frontpage there's a big difference between spots. Rank 50 VS rank 10 is worlds apart (and I know because I've had rank 1 to rank backpage)

And I'm not (just) talking about daily earnings, but also over long term stream health. There's plenty of models on low pages that have big fish that send them large amounts of money. But the second those big fish decide to stop coming.. is the second where the struggle begins because traffic is nearly non existing low down so you will have a much harder time replacing them with others. And the way ranking works on CB you need to have traffic to rank. If you don't have viewers (and eventually large amounts of viewers will move on) you will have a hard time being seen and it's a cycle you will have a very hard time dealing with.. Whereas on the other hand the better you rank the easier it becomes to rank better, etc.

On CB visability is very important for the long term health of a room. Unless you can pull consistent reliable valuable traffic yourself from an outside source.

I much rather have 20 tippers tip 100tk each than have 2 tippers tip 1000tk. The first scenario there's no issue when 2 tippers decide to stay gone forever (and they'll be easily replaced), in the second I will be left with 0.

Upvote 0
In my personal experience, yes. It makes a bigggggg difference. Not just backpages VS frontpage. Even within the frontpage there's a big difference between spots. Rank 50 VS rank 10 is worlds apart (and I know because I've had rank 1 to rank backpage)

And I'm not (just) talking about daily earnings, but also over long term stream health. There's plenty of models on low pages that have big fish that send them large amounts of money. But the second those big fish decide to stop coming.. is the second where the struggle begins because traffic is nearly non existing low down so you will have a much harder time replacing them with others. And the way ranking works on CB you need to have traffic to rank. If you don't have viewers (and eventually large amounts of viewers will move on) you will have a hard time being seen and it's a cycle you will have a very hard time dealing with.. Whereas on the other hand the better you rank the easier it becomes to rank better, etc.

On CB visability is very important for the long term health of a room. Unless you can pull consistent reliable valuable traffic yourself from an outside source.

I much rather have 20 tippers tip 100tk each than have 2 tippers tip 1000tk. The first scenario there's no issue when 2 tippers decide to stay gone forever (and they'll be easily replaced), in the second I will be left with 0.

Upvote 0

Again, there’s no argue about the need to be independent, and not to depend on a few big spenders. Which is why it’s even more important that one day we’ll have reliable data, and not just anecdotal examples or my wannabe educated guesses.

Upvote 0
Exactly! Down on pages the traffic do not exist at all. Doeznt matter what you do,the kind of show you put on,if you are down you don t get traffic. Is also the visual effect,i noticed that members on cb will never stay in a room with few viewers but always stay in a room with thousnat even if in that room nothing happend like absolutly nothing. Just because she or him is on first page with plenty of people in her or his room this get the atencion. So,the visual effect is also very important on cb. Is why small rooms with 7 colored people in theyr room is imposible to grow by honest work. Imposible. First,as i said,the traffic do not exist down on pages,second if someone join your room by any kind of miracle,never stay. At least in my case. So no,i am not happy with the actual situation on cb. Because as i said,if till now i was on page nr 5,after years of hard work now i am on page nr 15 because of this studio. I saw models with 1400 viewersi on theyr room on page nr 3 lol just to make place for this new studio models on page nr one and two. So,what s my change right now on cb to can be seen? If was hard before now is just imposible. But anyway...if nobody say nothing is all good. Let s pretend nothing is happening...

Upvote 0
Not sure if this has already been said, but maybe they are using the promote feature?

I use it every few hours, it puts you on page one for 5 minutes, it brings in more users and followers.

It could explain why "low rank" models like myself appear on the front page.

CBB21 x
No they are not. But thats the other thing. People like yourself and others pay good money for that promote feature.. just to be shown for a few minutes. These girls (Studio) are going straight to the front pages. Take a look for your self. Look on 1 and 2.. Just scan down .. you will see very low numbers of viewers in the middle of people with 500.. 600.. 1000 viewers.. They are going there with 10 to 20 min online with only 15 viewers. Dont get me wrong. I dont think its the models themselves. Its the studio or studios they are working for. You pay for that promotion and they go straight there from the begining . Thats bull. And its not just one or 2.. again.. dont take my word for it.. Take a look for your self.. Just scan down the page.. Look at the viewers .. you will see.

Upvote 0
Sorry but can you explain how you know for sure the promote feature is not being used by these models? That seems like it completely explains why they would be on the front page with low viewers.
If i promote myself you like a member will see something like: 'Promoted' on blue color on my window (idk how to call it) same as new models have the 'New' on green color...

• Helpful!
Upvote 0
I am gonna try explain myself. My english is not very good so,i appologies for my mistakes. I never heard someone complaining about a new model jumping on first page from her first stream. And there i saw many of them over the years and much more now,but ok,no problem. One now and then no problem. The actual situation is totally diferent. And no,you don t need to make an investigation to see them and understand what is going on. Everybody who open first and second page can see them because is like an inavasion. They are everywhere at every hour. This is something get the atention,as i said,is not normal,i never ever saw something like this before. Also,only by watching you understand is a studio. Why? Because they come all of a sudden from nowhere,all them always on first and second page and they are using the same rooms. One is going offline and the other one getting online from exactly the same room her coworker was online 20 mins ago. And there is over 70 girls! Did you read it? Over 70 girls same studio on first and second page. Now,is this fair??? Not at all! And who say to mind your own shit front of something like this is because probably they have a big room or is not a cb model. Me personaly,as i said i always minded my own shit,ALWAYS but front of the actual situation i just can t! Because is not fair and i repeat myself but is the true. I thought this will have the support of the models comunity but nobody say a word about and if they say is to criticize us,the ones who was on cb long time already,starting from last page on cb,working hard and honestly all this years trying to build an comunity. Loyal models who put in all theyr effort into cb comunity and models who always minded theyr own shit. Criticizing us the ones who the actual situation affect directly just because we speak the true out load. I want to mention that i never ever got a ban on cb or have problems in over 6 years now. Only one time i got an advertising and because of my foult i wanted to show a dress i liked to my room and by mistake there was the face of the girl who was wearing the dress. Was an online site. Anyway,was my foult i admit and i never ever did that again. What i want to say with this is that i never got in problems or being an conflictive model,as i said,i always minded my own shit,but this time,the actual situation is not the case. Is very very dificult to build a room on cb starting from 0 from last page on cb (my case and the case of all cam girls i know on the site) just to find out that after 6 years of work i was able to reach page nr 5 in cb to be sudently on page 15 because of this studio. Is not fair and i am on my right to complain. I thought this will get the atention of models comunity and all together maybe can have an answer from cb but this post create the oposite. I realized nobody care wich is making me very sad. Small rooms probably are afraid to speak because of a ban and big rooms who think is nothing weird about what s happening on cb latelly is because they got there on exactly the same way. Because is imposible for a model who start from the last page on cb and put such a big effort into it during years to close the eyes front of a situation like this one. Sooooo.... this is cb world. A jungle,my appologiez i didint understood it before. Now go ahead,put me down,at this point i really don t care anymore. I am disapointed on cb on models comunity on everything...

Upvote 0
Sorry but can you explain how you know for sure the promote feature is not being used by these models? That seems like it completely explains why they would be on the front page with low viewers.

The promoted slot isn't real, its more like an advertisement designed to look like a position on the page. With the AD it looks like theres 91 positions on the featured page but there is actually only 90.

• Helpful!
Upvote 0
Again, there’s no argue about the need to be independent, and not to depend on a few big spenders. Which is why it’s even more important that one day we’ll have reliable data, and not just anecdotal examples or my wannabe educated guesses.

No the argue is about wether or not it actually makes a difference of being ranked #1-90 on the site VS being something like #1500. My N=1 data shows that it does. I also know enough other models to know that I am not an isolated outlier.

Being independent of a handful of spenders is only possible if you have enough traffic filtering through your room to replace them (and add on).

Upvote 0
Im trying to be mean. Honestly if they arent doing it for you or if you are another cammodel, why do you care? Sure you say its because they take away from "hard working or models that actually pay for that feature." If they are all from the same studio, you dont know if the studio has some deal with Chaturbate to feature. Lots of studios have special perks with camsites that lots of us are unaware of. If its a glitch and reported, okay. Thats all what you can do.

I recommend focusing on your room if your a model and other models you enjoy if you are a member. When you spend less time worrying about what the fuck others are doing, you'll genuinely have a better time.

If you truly believe that lower rank models being boosted is hurting your experience or income, there are other camsites out there. Chaturbate isnt the only camsite. Take your services/business elsewhere.

Upvote 0
Im trying to be mean. Honestly if they arent doing it for you or if you are another cammodel, why do you care? Sure you say its because they take away from "hard working or models that actually pay for that feature." If they are all from the same studio, you dont know if the studio has some deal with Chaturbate to feature. Lots of studios have special perks with camsites that lots of us are unaware of. If its a glitch and reported, okay. Thats all what you can do.

I recommend focusing on your room if your a model and other models you enjoy if you are a member. When you spend less time worrying about what the fuck others are doing, you'll genuinely have a better time.

If you truly believe that lower rank models being boosted is hurting your experience or income, there are other camsites out there. Chaturbate isnt the only camsite. Take your services/business elsewhere.
Is not like that. Is not that easy! After so many years putting all your atention and effort into cb to start again from 0 on another platform? Why do i care? As i said,first because is not fair second because is affecting me directly. Because of them i got back on page nr 15 or rank 2000 from rank 500,600... wich cost me years of work to reach that rank now i am 10 pages down.

Upvote 0
Is not like that. Is not that easy! After so many years putting all your atention and effort into cb to start again from 0 on another platform? Why do i care? As i said,first because is not fair second because is affecting me directly. Because of them i got back on page nr 15 or rank 2000 from rank 500,600... wich cost me years of work to reach that rank now i am 10 pages down.
Im sorry, bb. Life isnt fair and it always doesnt have to be. Starting a new site is always an option but you dont have to if you dont want to. And you arent starting from zero, you will be starting with the knowledge of how to cam and the only needing to learn a new sites features. You'll might also notice regs who visit cb will find you on new sites.

It might be worth your time to add more eggs in your basket like clips/pso/subs/ect to make up for loss revenue instead of spending your effort yelling into the void here. I really do feel for you. lots of us understand and empathize with the struggle when losing our ranking. It fucking sucks. There was a site glitch on my site several years ago where i went from 1st page to 10th for literally zero reason for several weeks. All you can do is complain to support and hopes someone gives a fuck enough not to send an automated message.

Eta: my first response meant to say im not trying to be mean. My apologies.

Reactions: yummybrownfox
Upvote 0
So how does one rank higher on the homepage? Can someone start streaming and rank higher or drop in the course of the stream session itself? How dynamic is the position? Just asking, because I heard so many convoluted descriptions so far.
More colored users in the room, position is refreshed often but i've never tried to the determine the exact time but I think its every 45 seconds?

on page 1 are the same. Why does the lady have 10,000 spectators, and 9,600 of them are anonymous people

thats affiliate traffic, when a model gets a high enough position they can be randomly selected to receive affiliate traffic from advertisers all over the internet participating in the affiliate program.

Upvote 0
So how does one rank higher on the homepage? Can someone start streaming and rank higher or drop in the course of the stream session itself? How dynamic is the position? Just asking, because I heard so many convoluted descriptions so far.

CB uses an algorithm that takes into account multiple factors to determine someones rank (not just on the FP but all the way down). If you rank 1-90 you're on the frontpage. Rank can constantly change. It gets updated every x time based on changes to the factors they take into account throughout the stream.

(Look at cbhours.com/user/putmodelnamehere and look at the charts, you can see the rank trajectory from all the models that way)

It's also true that they change up things in the algorithm, so things that might "help" 1 day might not help the next month.

CB intentionally keeps the exact workings of the algorithm secret. But they do give vague answers when you ask about it directly so there is some information they share.

For models themselves it's possible to figure out how to optimize stream and placement by analyzing stream data next to rankdata next to stream recordings to figure out what's working and what doesn't (and figure out why exactly). This is an ongoing effort because of the aforementioned changes that happen.

_____

On topic: I've seen some strange placements today that do not add up to what I personally know about the algorithm, however.. In the past I've had some misunderstandings about the site working myself and thought things happened due to "cheating" when in reality I just wasn't aware yet of specific factors that played a role in the success of certain streams.
So I don't know what's going on with those rooms right now that appear to be outliers, but it does reinforce how important it is to keep figuring out how to optimize your own stream to the best of your abilities and keep changing things up and experimenting. And having multiple eggs in your basket because every platform can decide at any time to change things up and then you might be fucked (and not in a money-making way)😔

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.