AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Why so many low studio models on featured?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 16, 2022
trying to figure out why so many studio models with only like 1000 followers are on featured page 1 and 2, They have only 23 to 50 users and only 3 or 4 are actual register users. How are they going straight to the #1 and #2 featured pages??? This is so unfair to all the other hard working models spending money and time to prepare .. just trying to get there to be noticed. These girls are going straight there!! They look like they on drugs or homeless alot of them. So far i have followed 58 of them.. working shifts around the clock. please tell me whats going on. Other models are getting really upset about this.. And im trying to let more know. Ive reported it .. in there rooms and email to cb .. Nothing happend.. I have all there names if anyone is interested. This must be stopped!!!! Because this puts other models back further on the pages. .. and this is there living and they have put the time in.

trying to figure out why so many studio models with only like 1000 followers are on featured page 1 and 2, They have only 23 to 50 users and only 3 or 4 are actual register users. How are they going straight to the #1 and #2 featured pages??? This is so unfair to all the other hard working models spending money and time to prepare .. just trying to get there to be noticed. These girls are going straight there!! They look like they on drugs or homeless alot of them. So far i have followed 58 of them.. working shifts around the clock. please tell me whats going on. Other models are getting really upset about this.. And im trying to let more know. Ive reported it .. in there rooms and email to cb .. Nothing happend.. I have all there names if anyone is interested. This must be stopped!!!! Because this puts other models back further on the pages. .. and this is there living and they have put the time in.

You know, someone looking like they're on drugs or homeless might be a reason to speak more kindly about them.

You and other models should just worry about your own shit.

Upvote 0
It seems like you’re assuming they’ve all done something wrong, which is a big leap to make based on very little information. Maybe it’s the cb algorithm doing its thing, combined with the model trending in the right direction, or selling private shows you weren’t aware of, or who knows what else?

My point is, if we don’t know why they’re ranked higher than your favorites - and we don’t - then it’s not fair to assume they’re cheating the system.

I think most of the models on this forum would also tell you it’s unhealthy for a model to have the mindset that other models being ranked high is the reason they are struggling. Whenever your growth strategy is to remove those in front of you - rather than simply focus on self improvement - you’re probably in for a negative experience.

They look like they on drugs or homeless alot of them. So far i have followed 58 of them.

Unrelated, but the way you phrased this made me laugh.

“They look so terrible that I decided to follow them all!!!”

Upvote 0
As a Chaturbate member, the impression I have gotten is that the front page is a mix of models with a high viewer count but occasionally some random models get featured, possibly to give them more exposure and to help models with fewer followers and viewers to grow, and to make sure that it's not the same people on the front page every single day. I don't know if this is true or not but that's been the theory I've been operating under. I appreciate this, because I actually prefer less active rooms.

The idea that there is some sort of conspiracy occurring is a bit paranoid, and if there are differences in how models are displaying it could just be that Chaturbate is testing changes to the algorithm. You don't know. I don't know. Only Chaturbate knows. The fact that you're going around collecting names and trying to stir up trouble is, and you'll have to pardon me, snitch behavior. Not to mention your unpleasant and judgmental comments about their appearances. Mind your own business and let people live their lives.

Upvote 0
It's really nice to be on a forum where this kind of thing and focus is openly discouraged. It happens everywhere, and it's often not discouraged. Instead, others often feed into it. And it's super, SUPER distasteful!

Upvote 0
trying to figure out why so many studio models with only like 1000 followers are on featured page 1 and 2, They have only 23 to 50 users and only 3 or 4 are actual register users. How are they going straight to the #1 and #2 featured pages???

You are talking about the models that are fairly far back on the models list and then like magic they are suddenly on page 1 every day? and its not just page 1 every day its like they fly to page 1 instantly...like one day they are on page 8,9,10, etc and then the next day they fly to page 1 immediately and every day after that they are on page 1.

You aren't the first person to ask about it but I have no explanation for it. 🤷‍♂️

Upvote 0
You are talking about the models that are fairly far back on the models list and then like magic they are suddenly on page 1 every day? and its not just page 1 every day its like they fly to page 1 instantly...like one day they are on page 8,9,10, etc and then the next day they fly to page 1 immediately and every day after that they are on page 1.

You aren't the first person to ask about it but I have no explanation for it. 🤷‍♂️
yes i am. Thats exactly what im talking about. Its a studio because you can tell by the decor that they have. One goes offline and then another comes on in the same room. And its not just 1 or 2. Ive counted around 50 of them.... not online all at once. Usually about 10 to 12 online at the same time until there shift change.

Upvote 0
If that's not how it should work, the simplest and I think the most likely explanation is CB is just kind of glitchy. Others have pointed out in other threads how the tag system is going berserk right now. It's not a site with great coding from what I can see.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If that's not how it should work, the simplest and I think the most likely explanation is CB is just kind of glitchy. Others have pointed out in other threads how the tag system is going berserk right now. It's not a site with great coding from what I can see.

Well i'm sure it is a glitch but a glitch being exploited by the russians, i haven't seen it impacting anyone in the americas.

• Helpful!
Reactions: inertvolcano
Upvote 0
You know, someone looking like they're on drugs or homeless might be a reason to speak more kindly about them.

You and other models should just worry about your own shit.
When its the way you pay your bills... its is worrying about our on shit. Its an obvious cheat to go straight to the front page. And while im sure its the studio not the models doing it, just trying to make it aware because support did not reply. Now they did but there reply had nothing to do with what i ask lol. As far as minding my own shit. Pictuire your self standing at checkout in long line at the store. You wait your turn. No problem. Then one person cuts in the line.. You see it.. you have been standing there. But you just shake it off.. screw it. Buttttt.. picture your self doing that and then 25 people come and cut in front of you.!!!!.. You gonna sit back and worry about YOUR shit and say nothing???

Upvote 0
When its the way you pay your bills... its is worrying about our on shit. Its an obvious cheat to go straight to the front page. And while im sure its the studio not the models doing it, just trying to make it aware because support did not reply. Now they did but there reply had nothing to do with what i ask lol. As far as minding my own shit. Pictuire your self standing at checkout in long line at the store. You wait your turn. No problem. Then one person cuts in the line.. You see it.. you have been standing there. But you just shake it off.. screw it. Buttttt.. picture your self doing that and then 25 people come and cut in front of you.!!!!.. You gonna sit back and worry about YOUR shit and say nothing???
btw.. I know my typing and punctuation sucks.

Upvote 0
many say the longer online, the more earnings. MY EXAMPLE: 1 day, 6 hours online, earn $5. 2 day 3 hours online-69$. does the algorithm not consist in tim

If it’s a glitch isn’t it random, I don’t get how you can exploit a random thing.
earnings are all by chance.. the key is getting unique registerd users in your room on cb. Meaning colored users.. not grey or annoms. The more you have have the further up on the page you get. Tips count also.. but more the colored users. This is how cb works. We have did expermients to see who counted and who didnt. Models that are online broadcasting dont count. Greys dont count. annom dont count. What moves you up are the colored users and Tips. I tipped a model 25000 and might only moved her 1 place. Colors are the users who have registered and bought tokens at one time or another. Then its just a matter of waiting to be seen.. Thats why its important to get to the first pages. While you can make money on back pages.. the first 2 or 3 pages are where you make more and faster. Ive been on cb since 2012.. back when they first started it was how many users you had.. everyone counted. Its not that way now.. thats why you have to put up with the bullshit guys also.. just to keep a colored user there.. and not ban them all

• Funny!
Reactions: MarieElise
Upvote 0
When it comes to computer software nothing is really random. A glitch is when something has been overlooked or programmed incorrectly so that unintended behavior happens. In this case model rankings getting boosted when they otherwise shouldn't be. It can appear random if you don't know what is triggering it. But if you figure out what triggers it, it could be exploited.

Like let's say Chaturbate has code that they use to test their ranking algorithm, and if you type "I love chicken tenders" in your bio it boosts you to the front page. Only CB employees are supposed to know about this and it was supposed to have been removed but they forgot. Then some models figure it out and start boosting their profile by writing I love chicken tenders in their bio. This is a silly example but it's like what's being suggested.

Seems risky because if there is a bug being exploited, it wouldn't be too hard for CB to see who is using it and ban them if they see fit.

Upvote 0
This is how i pay my bills. It has been my sole income for over a decade. So I don't really need the explanation.

There have always been cheaters. There will always be another way to do it. If these models are struggling as badly as you say then them getting some extra views will not impact me very much at all. I do understand the scale thing - 25 ppl cutting in line vs 1 but the algorithim on cb is not published. There is no clear way to know where your place in line is supposed to be.

If it's a genuine glitch by all means let the site know but beyond that... we have no control. And putting down studio girls saying they look homeless or like they are drug addicts is what we call punching down. If it is a cheat the studio is the one doing it not the models. Berating their appearance is uncalled for.

Upvote 0
When it comes to computer software nothing is really random. A glitch is when something has been overlooked or programmed incorrectly so that unintended behavior happens. In this case model rankings getting boosted when they otherwise shouldn't be. It can appear random if you don't know what is triggering it. But if you figure out what triggers it, it could be exploited.

Like let's say Chaturbate has code that they use to test their ranking algorithm, and if you type "I love chicken tenders" in your bio it boosts you to the front page. Only CB employees are supposed to know about this and it was supposed to have been removed but they forgot. Then some models figure it out and start boosting their profile by writing I love chicken tenders in their bio. This is a silly example but it's like what's being suggested.

Seems risky because if there is a bug being exploited, it wouldn't be too hard for CB to see who is using it and ban them if they see fit.
I only have one thing left to say in response to this; I LOVE CHICKEN TENDERS.

( ;) ;))

Upvote 0

Personally I never use Featured and all of my search queries are saved and tailored to specific genres I'm interested in. It means fewer results overall but it means you're pretty much guaranteed to see only the most popular online models dominating the front page of those filtered down search results. Any deviation from this is usually due to the low amount of results total meaning even New and exhibition creators might be on the front page sometimes.

Reactions: Smoothie
Upvote 0
This is how i pay my bills. It has been my sole income for over a decade. So I don't really need the explanation.

There have always been cheaters. There will always be another way to do it. If these models are struggling as badly as you say then them getting some extra views will not impact me very much at all. I do understand the scale thing - 25 ppl cutting in line vs 1 but the algorithim on cb is not published. There is no clear way to know where your place in line is supposed to be.

If it's a genuine glitch by all means let the site know but beyond that... we have no control. And putting down studio girls saying they look homeless or like they are drug addicts is what we call punching down. If it is a cheat the studio is the one doing it not the models. Berating their appearance is uncalled for.
For the most part cbs system is easy. Its mostly based on the unigue registerd users in your room. Unigue registered users are the colored people ( light blues on up to dark purple) and also by the amount of tokens you recieve. Now a few minor other things may make a littleeeee difference. But 90 percent of it is just what I said. Its easy to figure out.. just look at the contest stats. Top ten models are in the top places... look at the unigue registerd users watching.. again tokens will also increase your points. Been on cb since 2012.. I know how it works. Even did test to prove it.. because when i ask cb wouldnt explain what a unigue registerd user was. They told me about them but would not explain.
As for my comments about the models... Guess i worded it badly and i didnt even explain. That actually was brought up because some thought that a studio might have took in refugees or something and was exploiting them.. Btw.. we all judge others .. everyday .. some keep it ..some let it out.. I wasnt putting the models down.. And i didnt post names. I was just stating what some looked like and acted. Take it as you will.

Upvote 0
I tipped a model 25000 and might only moved her 1 place.

Are you a regular visitor and tipper in that model’s room? Because there’s been speculation that if it’s the same regulars tipping big, the algorithm counts it less.

Anecdotally, I’ve noticed a new purple visitor in my favorite model’s room can boost her rank a ton just by showing up and tipping a couple hundred tokens, whereas I could show up every day with a couple thousand in tips and it barely moves the needle.

But again - no one except for CB truly knows what’s going on. Certainly not enough to go and report a bunch of models based on speculation. Especially as ban-happy as cb can be. You ultimately might get honest models banned over something they didn’t cause.

Upvote 0
For the most part cbs system is easy. Its mostly based on the unigue registerd users in your room. Unigue registered users are the colored people ( light blues on up to dark purple) and also by the amount of tokens you recieve. Now a few minor other things may make a littleeeee difference. But 90 percent of it is just what I said. Its easy to figure out.. just look at the contest stats. Top ten models are in the top places... look at the unigue registerd users watching.. again tokens will also increase your points. Been on cb since 2012.. I know how it works. Even did test to prove it.. because when i ask cb wouldnt explain what a unigue registerd user was. They told me about them but would not explain.
As for my comments about the models... Guess i worded it badly and i didnt even explain. That actually was brought up because some thought that a studio might have took in refugees or something and was exploiting them.. Btw.. we all judge others .. everyday .. some keep it ..some let it out.. I wasnt putting the models down.. And i didnt post names. I was just stating what some looked like and acted. Take it as you will.
Ill admit i dont know as much about the cb algorithim as i was on mfc. Ultimately though if you bring it to support and they ignore it not much you can do. Cb support is notorious.

I appreciate you addressing the comments about models. I hope it's not a case of exploitation. We all do judge but I think a forum is not the place for that and its better when we check our judgements as much as we can. They don't help and just make us look petty.

Upvote 0
With the algorithm unlikely to ever be divulged, it's all speculation as to how the page position is really determined.
While being on a higher page position may initially bring more traffic to a room, that's kinda moot if folks aren't hanging around for a while, and spending in there.
High through traffic may make the room seem popular, but popularity alone pays no bills.
So far better to control what you can; invest your energy in making your room and show as appealing as you can, and get users clicking the magic button.

Upvote 0

CB banning Russian studios? Never gonna happen. They are too good a source of revenue for CB.

Reactions: ArcticKitty
Upvote 0
Thank you for clarifying, OP. The earlier remark looked like bashing people in unfortunate situations Because they are in unfortunate situations, which is a nasty sick-minded attitude that too many people have in this society. Thinking of Ghislaine Maxwell calling the girls and young women she exploited " trash".

Upvote 0
My question is simple: Does a homepage position guarantee more paying members, or simply more bounced traffic? I mean, if someone looked for Miss Lollipop, or Elimarie online, learned where they perform and when, would they really need the 2004 back in time lookalike Wordpress homepage to make their purchase decision? I got some of the best B2B leads by appearing 2nd or 3rd in the search results page, while competitors bidded on each other's brand name for number 1. The prospects just didn't give a f**k about positioning, they gave one for relevance and intent:)

Upvote 0
My question is simple: Does a homepage position guarantee more paying members, or simply more bounced traffic? I mean, if someone looked for Miss Lollipop, or Elimarie online, learned where they perform and when, would they really need the 2004 back in time lookalike Wordpress homepage to make their purchase decision? I got some of the best B2B leads by appearing 2nd or 3rd in the search results page, while competitors bidded on each other's brand name for number 1. The prospects just didn't give a f**k about positioning, they gave one for relevance and intent:)

I guess it boils down to who’s using those top pages, and for what.

Personally, when I browse CB with the intent to find a model I’d like to become a paying customer for, I use filters to narrow my search results to things I already know I enjoy. After adding 3 or 4 filters and search terms, my “Page 1” of results might include models that are actually on like page 7 or 8 overall.

But that doesn’t matter to me as long as the model fits what I’m looking for. I don’t care if her rank is low, if there’s 5,000 people in her room or only 5 people. I’ll still visit and tip.

When I browse from the home page without any filters - which isn’t often - I’m usually just casually looking around out of boredom. I’d guess a lot of Page 1 traffic is passive or disengaged in that way. So they might find you and visit your room, but they’re not necessarily out looking for a model to tip (even if they have tokens).

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.